Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

How the hell are you going to stake your claim on Earth? Earth in 2019 is pretty much all claimed.

*plants claiming stick in the ground in Alabama, immediately gets shot by future redneck in space pickup*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Tokamak posted:

Disco Elysium has a bit where you trick an old man into giving you his ham sandwich by hyping the best drat ham sandwich ever, and requesting his sandwich as a prototype. If you like CRPGs, you need to play this game.

The bit about the overly-ambitious radio-computer game that was well above the technology level plowing through a bunch of cash immediately brought Star Citizen to mind.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

If this is where season 3 of The OA was going to go, I'm glad it got cancelled.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Rest in peace, Don. I didn't know you apart from reading your posts here, but it sounds like you made the life of everyone you knew brighter.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Agony Aunt posted:

Will "Pusher" now be removed from the game?

There has to be a game first.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

What the hell kinda vehicle is this?

https://i.imgur.com/LDAavoG.mp4

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Baxta posted:

How do I get into beat saber? Do I have to buy an oculus or PS4? I'm old.

Yeah, it works with Oculus, PS4, and Vive

And whatever this is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxMgFSMZbbo

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

Is Chris Roberts the Tommy Wiseau of video games...

Oh hi Mark (Hamill)

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Never Play Ever Again

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

As someone who has a PSVR and enjoys it, there are some good VR games out there, but there's no money in it due to the relatively low installed userbase. Because of that, big name publishers will be reticent to make games for it, which leaves a bunch of indie developers with resources capable of doing little more than puffed-up tech demos. There hasn't been any much in the way of decent PSVR games to come out in the last 6 months.

If Sony threw all their weight into it for the launch of the PS5 it would probably take off, but since they aren't, it's probably not going to happen for at least another console generation. And in the PC space, until there's an agreed upon standard that doesn't force customers to choose between their favorite platform, it's going to be a long while before it takes off there.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Almost 9 years in and we're still way behind on the roadmap. Just remarkable.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

https://i.imgur.com/CGD9QIM.mp4

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

Maybe she's giving birth to a roadmap?

Doubtful, we'd have it in 9 months instead of 9 years.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

I find this incredibly sad as every one of these good boys and girls will have crossed over the rainbow bridge before Star Citizen comes out. Tweet after tweet over the years of, "Sadly, we've lost our precious [pet name] after [x] years of faithful service o7 See you in the verse."

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Lammasu posted:

Wait, Squadron 42 takes place a hundred years before Star Citizen? But since all the technology is the same and you can carry over your character isn't that stupid?

Star Citizer: Isn't That Stupid?

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Rugganovich posted:

As this is a animal appreciation section disguised as some 'half arsed game' section.
RIP Angel. 15 and a half.
Had a rough early life, but made us all laugh.

Proudly lived up to their name. My deepest condolences to you.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

peter gabriel posted:

Living in tier 3 here, full lockdown pretty much...
Father in law and mother in law have covid.
Nephew and his Mum have it too, we've just been phoned by the NHS track and trace to let us know we have all been exposed.
Wife working from home in isolation, son off school in isolation, his year have all been sent home as some kids have covid.
To say the walls are closing in is an understatement.
Buy a fuckin Idris

So sorry to hear pgabz. I'll be crossing all my digits for you and your family.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Hey there, rifle boy, flying through the sky so fancy free.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Pixelate posted:

If you want a terrible read, try this concierge thread by a guy going through divorce

Yes it does involve someone imagining a golden pistol whipping

quote:

When I got to concierge it made me realize how much I'd spent on a game not out yet.

I thought OMG! NOT ANOTHER PENNY ON THIS GAME!

It made me stop spending any more money on SC.

So I only rarely buy ships now, obviously you have to have a Mole though, how else are you gonna mine things.

quote:

Agreed. Just had to grab that 890J this year at IAE. I’m done..............well at least until the 400i......

Stop giving them money!!!!! Most of the time. Unless there's a jpg you want. And another one.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Tangentially related in that it involves an egotist who wasted much of 3 presidential administrations making a poo poo game, George Broussard chimed in on the subject of crunch. You can't know what it's like to make a AAA game, and crunch is good and necessary! Nearly everyone poo poo all over him and then he went on snippy blocking spree.

https://twitter.com/georgebsocial/status/1337557508710408193

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

colonelwest posted:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...-refunds-policy

Buy an Idris, dreams don’t have bugs.

90% of the game’s problems seems to stem from last-gen consoles not being able to run it properly. On the PC and new consoles there are bugs but most of them seem to be pretty normal stuff that’s not game breaking. Which begs the question of why they didn’t make it a PC/next-gen exclusive? And didn’t someone at CDPR try to fire up the game on a base PS4 before it shipped?

Because there's like a 110 million PS4s out there versus around 5 or so million PS5s. $$$$$$

And I'd bet they did fire it up on a base PS4. There's a reason there weren't advance review copies sent out on the consoles, I'm sure.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Bumble He posted:

enjoy the holidays everyone, with the cloud imperium christmas album, only 49,99 + 23 for shipping!

"All I Want for Christmas PU"
"Glitchin’ Around the Christmas Tree"
"Last Bugfest"
“Sata Ball is coming to town“
"Jingle Bell Roc"
"White Connie"
"Have Yourself a Merry Little Idris"
“Do they know its pledge time?“
"Hobo the Red-Nosed Reindeer"

:gary: :yarg:

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

I'm gonna die I need a medpen!

I have one!

You'll never get it to me in time! (other guy has to spend 20 seconds fumbling through menus to find it)

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

marumaru posted:

Chat:
"he's doing an investigative piece"
"hit piece incoming"

If the only thing you can conclude by playing star citizen is that it is poo poo, maybe, just maybe, star citizen is poo poo.

But many of them seriously think that Star Citizen in its current state is still the absolute best video game that has ever been created. So why would they think someone who just played it wouldn't see the same thing? :shrug:

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Sierra Citizen

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Such fidelitous OSB

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

I'm praying that Ship Buyagain is a long-running FBI honeypot to nab all the worst deviants in society.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Solarin posted:

Most importantly publishers know how to cancel a failed project

That could be their out. "Eeeehm sorry uhh everyone we wanted to make the eehm dream but eeehm Deep Silver cancelled it so eeehm direct your hate at them, thanks for all the cash, see you in Italy."

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

See the 'verse just like Chris Roberts does

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

commando in tophat posted:

I personally found it not that great, but not bad in any way a can pinpoint. I just got bored pretty soon.

I enjoyed RGO but about halfway through the game, I’d seen everything there was to see and had my ship fully upgraded, so It became a slog to get to the end. It needed a few more things to do and things to explore to keep interest through the whole game. But overall I liked it.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Be well pgabz, hoping for a quick diagnosis and recovery.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Unmute this one
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/793611994862583830/875686458478960661/v5YWlnH.mp4

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Not actually going to do it but I’m fine with it.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Missing the boulder.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Low effort and Star Citizen go well together.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

So much loving grey, might as well be Squadron #808080

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

TheAgent posted:

I'm going to end this here because the next write up is absolutely loving crazy and I'm stripping out people's names, addresses and other identifying information because Jesus loving Christ it's a lol for the ages

a little preview

:f5:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

We have to release Star Citizen, or else we lose the rights!

Then someone else could not release Star Citizen!