Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

ace of base has a nazi band member

thats my pop culture trivia for the day thanks for reading

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

the CIA would absolutely try to topple Latveria, a well run country

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Serf posted:

the ot and pt rule, the st and spinoffs drool

rogue one was decent i guess, at least that showed us some interesting new stuff and had a good ending

rogue one was the best actually, because it didn't focus on jedi among other things

they keep using jedis, which are supposed to be super rare as a common constant theme and it makes them boring because we've seen it all and star wars video game franchises make jedi combat cutscenes etc. much cooler and interesting than in the movies

i want to watch mandalorian for that reason too, there's plenty of things to explore in a freaking universe that doesn't revolve around jedi power fantasies, they don't want to do that with movies because of risk aversion to do something different.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Serf posted:

if you go into the mandalorian wanting there to be no force magic, you'll be disappointed

thanks for the heads up but as long as it isn't central its whatever

everyone is force obsessive in a bad way, just a bunch of nerds on a power fantasy

what i liked about rogue one that it emphasized the war part as they were talking about fighting over resources, like kyber

just stop showing desert planets~

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Atrocious Joe posted:

The US military support for Iron Man helped Marvel finance it "independently." The success of Iron Man led to the Disney deal and helped set the stage for the whole MCU.

yea mcu is fascist propaganda for a dying empire, falcon and winter soldier was too on the nose in terms of lacking imagination in the department of a war free global society especially with the revelation of extraterrestrials like Kree~

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

this is basically what ultron was trying to correct so yeah

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

DesertIslandHermit posted:

The first one had dark poo poo like the talking cat being run over and the kids crying over the corpse before it snapped back together due to immortality. Then there was when they shoved the witches into one of those walk-in pottery ovens and burned them alive.

The sequel is going to be tame as hell

they're going to be the good guys now and use their powers to help a young cursed witch come of age and defeat a halloween big bad with thackery binx's ghost who will be played by Zac Efron :kiddo:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Judakel posted:

this man consumes trash

hell yeah he does

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Sharkopath posted:

they're huge, theyre just called webtoons and share space with other korean/japanese webcomics now.

but some big ones are made by western artists.

i hate the vertical scrolling format of those, it really changes the flow of comics and they take advantage of huge white space you endlessly scroll through, it drives me loving insane. obnoxious and terrible.

anyways, there are webcomics out there, hiveworks has a hub of it and it seems like they wanted to aggregate the comics with web developers who run hosting etc. some not great, not terrible, two i really like, Vainglorious by Kelly Bull and Kill Six Billion Demons as well as some James Stokoe works like Orc Stain

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Koirhor posted:

I loving love Keanu

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

i say swears online posted:

if anything matt and trey ever did still has legs today it's obviously team america

dicks, pussies, and assholes monologue still holds true to this day

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Good soup! posted:

I pressed your copeseku point - there's no use in fighting, you're already succ

lol

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

legend

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

:sickos:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

i say swears online posted:

witcher:

everything looks great compared to last season, yay budget

but where are the corny rear end jokes? all the camp is gone

DAMMIT JASKIER *spittle*

I CAWNT FOCKEN SLEEP!! *spittle*

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Atrocious Joe posted:

I don't know if it's a good movie, but I think if you're reading this thread you'll at least find it interesting. It's an overlong, flawed movie made by Democrats. On the other hand the reactions to it are fun and I think it's notable to see what Adam McKay puts out in his role as court jester for the capitalist class.

I saw some small account tweet this reaction, and I honestly think this is a legitimate reading of the film.

At the end of the movie, as the comet is about to impact, DiCaprio's character says they put up a good fight. That "good" fight consisted of leaking a story to the press, making media appearances, and hosting a charity concert. The lack of political imagination is astounding. The protagonists are portrayed as foolish and selfish, but I don't think that sentiment was meant as a joke. There was never any real possibility besides global extinction.

Since we can't stop climate change, we should take the time to appreciate what we have now.

I'm thinking about how that applies to the billions of people who have far less to appreciate than people in the US.

i thought it was self aware about that actually

fighting the good fight, because the concert where people were clapping and shouting and cheering hard wasn't going to make the comet go away, thats what it culminated into so im pretty sure it was on the mark for that regarding how good intentions don't mean poo poo if people don't actually follow through instead of waging an idiotic psychic energy war with the government that has nothing to lose at all with this other than a gamble to be even more richer.

it's not an amazing movie, but it's not garbage either with a strong cast, it was amusing enough for thought but it's just so weird living through it and seeing it in movie form, the meta kinda really overtakes that

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Communist Thoughts posted:

New matrix was pretty dece, I was hoping it would be weird and polarising and it is

It was basically a provocative sequel smashed together with a standard sequel and lots of stuff to trigger chuds
The action was bad but I liked the look of the film

In this years ranking I'd put it ahead of Dune but behind Malignant, thank you your honour

i felt like the action was intentionally bad as a middle finger lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
libs like to nest egg from mental breaks i.e. reality

harry potter is a cottagecore cozy mental nestegg for shitlibs, without having to do mental gymnastics, thats for the other atrocities they're willing to excuse