Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

British Trump got slapped down in his attempt to put Parliament on recess until a week or two before the Brexit deadline. Their Supreme Court ruled unanimously that this was illegal and is allowing Parliament to go back into session.

https://twitter.com/orlandosentinel/status/1176451654218080258

Boris should've resigned the moment he heard ruling. You know the first order of business is going to be a no-confidence vote.

Second order is going to vote to shitcan Brexit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

MSNBC just reported that Trump called Pelosi today and asked if they could "work something out" with the ukraine thing.

Pelosi apparently said "yeah tell your people to stop breaking the law."

stdh.txt

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

If Trump so low energy that he half-heartedly resigns during a presser, does that count or does he have to write a letter?

Young Freud fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Sep 25, 2019

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

With the whistleblower stuff bringing back Manafort and Trump-Russia, since communications between Trump and Ukraine apparently includes instructions not just to investigate the Bidens but to cover-up Russian interference, were going to get a reinvestigation of Mueller and the obstruction there, too?

They might narrow the scope to just Ukraine, but it's all connected, even euoloments.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i assume we can gain access to it and god knows what else from the National Security Council server?

Dapper_Swindler posted:

thanks. i just think there is probably more bad poo poo on the server.

seems like the leader is in the bunker already screaming for his men to die for him.

Yeah, they basically hid all the GOP- and career-destroying stuff on the NSC server and hoped that "national security" would cover that. The first thing that needs to happen is the Intel and Def cmte to request access to that server for "national security" reasons.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Charliegrs posted:

So if she gets away with it there's going to be a riot in Dallas right?

Yes.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

skylined! posted:

tbh I'd be fine with trump living in exiled, senile disgrace for the rest of his miserable life. It's not like he will ever see the inside of a cell.

Trump in exile would likely live out the rest of his life in an luxury hotel room or dacha provided by the generousity of some Russian oligarch. It would be a prison in anything but name and surfaces. Think something like that last half of The Man Who Fell To Earth. He'll never have the freedom to go anywhere or get the adoration that he so desires. He wouldn't control his finances: most likely the Trump family's assets would be seized, he has outlived his usefulness to lend loans to, and would be at the mercy of Putin or some oligarch willing to give him an allowance as his reward.

Young Freud fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Sep 28, 2019

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Seems like pretty good messaging to me. Pursuing violations of the oath of office should be more important than holding a chamber of congress. It'd have been far worse if Nancy had triangulated or looked like she was backing down from a fight (in my opinion).

It also defuses the GOP's concern trolling about the Democrats overreaching and impeachment becoming a liability in 2020, despite poll numbers saying otherwise.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

I doubt that will stop them

By that time, they'll be short-stroking over what foible that President Ocasio-Cortez did that day.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Holy poo poo, wasn't this Trump's intention, make the dollar dominant because he believes a strong dollar is good for the economy instead of being a harbinger to inflation?

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Herstory Begins Now posted:

I'm legit surprised, I figured that for sure a shitfaced cop walking into the wrong apartment and gunning down a black immigrant eating icecream was a sure bet to get acquitted. That entire story was so weird, like there were either a dozen layers of outright wild, insane incompetence and terrible judgement or she was actively planning on killing him

There's always been the rumor that she was drunk at the time of the shooting, although pulling 13 hour shifts would probably get you the same effect.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Herstory Begins Now posted:

It wasn't a rumor was it? How tf else do you end up in an apt that looks and smells wildly different from your own. 13 hours is a long shift but no one else is accidentally shooting people and forgetting how their furniture is arranged from a long shift.

Well, I recall that it was dismissed early on with a clean toxicology report on Guyger, but it's the DPD, they used to sell powdered drywall as cocaine when they entrapped drug buyers, so YMMV.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Shinjobi posted:

The prosecution is bringing it up purely for the sentencing phase. They're bringing up failed polygraph, failed drug testing, and her previous failed attempt to join Fort Worth PD. Basically they're hoping it will color her in whatever light brings a harsher sentence from the judge.

The evidence was never considered during the jury trial, I don't think.

Haha, what?!

If the jury knew that before hand, they would have been out of there yesterday.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Xombie posted:

Yeah I'm not sure what the argument is with cops. Are they going to be fighting other cops? Staging a coup? What happens when they leave the front lines at the end of their shift because they don't get overtime for doing it?

Yeah, ask a cop about another police officer taking over their jurisdiction or superceding their authority and you'll quickly find how quickly the thin blue line begins to fall apart.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

my bony fealty posted:

gonna guess "definitely both"

fun times ahead when the US's antiquated infrastructure runs into climate change challenges it was never equipped for :v:

Miami and most of south Florida is built on porous limestone, made from compressed ancient reefs, that can be easily permated by saltwater.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Please tell me this is the same former Marine who shot Burkman in the rear end. Be completely hilarious if they roped that guy back in for another failed scam.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Xi needs to respond "only if you drop the tarriffs" and see what happens.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Party Plane Jones posted:

https://twitter.com/Yamiche/status/1179763435703279621

The army doesn’t even train with bayonet drills anymore and many military gun makers have stopped bothering with bayonet lugs

Yeah, because you can mount a bayonet to to bottom Picatinny rail these days.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

I'm wondering at this point if we should bring in Poroshenko and ask if Trump pulled the same offer on him, too.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

BiggerBoat posted:

How long before we get "the whistle blowers were both democrats"?

Because lord knows the only way a republican can commit a crime is if another republican says he did.

My hope is that the second whistleblower turns out to be Bolton lol

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

So best case scenario here is that his cowardice overcomes his need to be correct and he reverses the order, institutional Republicans lose faith in his quid pro clownshow continuing to work for them, and the Kurds get to live. Right?

In all of this, has anyone in the House, Senate, or the candidates asked what did Erdogan offer to Trump to get him to invade Syria?

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Also, how the hell are we going to get a relatively unbiased population for a town hall debate.

Honestly, I'd prefer if the presenters would load such an event with hostile Trump opponents, so he can waffle and lie and get unhinged when presented with people outside his bubble.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

RuanGacho posted:

I would like the Kurds situation added to the impeachment, please and thank you.

Especially since you know a deal similar to the Ukraine call was involved.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Sounds like Nazi Gladio

More like the inverse. Wouldn't be surprised if Werwulf inspired the reasoning being setting up Gladio.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Wasn't this Trump's handpicked hangman for his extreme immigration policy views?

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

abelwingnut posted:

are there rules stipulating where he can build his library? does it have to be in ny, or can it be elsewhere? size restrictions? does he even have to have one?

Presidential libraries are self-funded, so he'll raise a whole bunch of money, but it'll never get built.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Taerkar posted:

Someone check his 'Word a day' calendar.

Trump's vocabulary shrinks every day, so it's clear that this was Dan Scavino or an intern.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

In shitlib centrist news, notice the name and the outlet...https://twitter.com/nomoremister/status/1184073831553605634?s=19

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

ZobarStyl posted:

I had originally thought Giuliani's role was just a replacement henchman after Cohen got pinched, but now I see he's basically the fusion dance of all of Flynn's and Cohen's crimes combined.

This is the nerdiest political analogy I've ever put forth, gently caress you 2019

Giuliani is the dog chimera from Full Metal Alchemist, except you're relieved when it dies.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Ringo Star Get posted:

Guarantee that Trump saw Botham Jeans family hug Amber and thought he could facilitate the same thing with the British parents. loving insanity. If I was in that situation I’d want to know which room that POS that killed my son was in so I could get a few punches in.

If a world leader presented me the killer of my child, it would either have them tied to a chair and offered a crowbar. Or presented from the neck up.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Dapper_Swindler posted:

id like to think its getting closer probably. thoses faces tell me they know shits getting bad.

https://twitter.com/cwarzel/status/1184603735768666113

A bunch of those faces are also his cabinet members. I'm certain Pelosi's "pray for his health" comment was directed at them to 25th him.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Jesus.

The other disturbing bit from that news is this happened not in Syria, but Iraq.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Tayter Swift posted:

Doug Jones is above water :staredog:

Also gaining in the polls :wtc:

Hope that continues. Considering Trump's support for Moore and Jones buoyed by impeachment, I don't see Moore being much of threat if that keeps up.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Everyone thinking Mulvaney is playing some 4D chess, forget it. He's just dumb as Trump and he was never supposed to be talking to the press.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Maybe Mulvaney is looking for a way to cash out.

Or the brain worms are spreading.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

skylined! posted:

If you heard a loud thump outside your window that was the bus speeding over mulvaney's corpse.

Who is going to do all of his jobs?

Whose going to do all that AND not 25th him?

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Gonna say that's a sure way to lose many of the moneyed elite that actually can influence politicians.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

The Glumslinger posted:

I'm sure Bill Barr will get right on that

That's why you should just forward any national security concerns directly to the CIA.

I wanna bunch of House Republicans black-sited.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Bubbacub posted:

I was wondering who the Sergeant at Arms actually is, and the position actually sounds really lame.

Perhaps they need to give, going forward, the Sergeant of Arms the power to deputize people to act in their behalf and set bounties for subpoenas in the event the DOJ is uncooperative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Wylie posted:

So their staff is either helping them destroy the integrity of the SCIF by doing the one thing you can't do, which is get information out of the room, or they're just straight-up writing fanfiction about what's happening in there.

What do you think is actually happening?

it's the latter