Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Fuckin right we are

Edit: dog tax

Pilchenstein fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Nov 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Pesky Splinter posted:

Oh no. What a terrible shame that would be. :lol:
It's entirely intentional. Grifting on a platform of "We must leave the tyrant EU" stops working if we actually leave the EU :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

ThomasPaine posted:

wings over scotland has always been garbage but idg why they appear to have completely jettisoned the whole indy thing now to focus on out and out transphobia

https://twitter.com/WingsScotland/status/1190766009940140033?s=20
I'd encourage everyone to report this tweet for using the forbidden word because it'll be funny if that dipshit gets banned :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Private Speech posted:

and then there's rarity's coconut posts, which I think was even worse.
You mean TinTower. TinTower hosed up and just fled the thread forever rather than apologise (to my knowledge anyway), which is very on brand for a lib dem :v:

Flaps was much loving worse in general and even if the urban thing was the only time he got caught being racist (and I have no idea if it was or not), I'm pretty sure with his extensive history of bigotry we can probably rule out it being an isolated incident.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Gonzo McFee posted:

We should test JRMs response to a fire by burning his house down and then making him a Guy Fawkes.
I see you've been reading my twitter :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Did you ever know that you're my hero? :allears:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Well dust me down with feathers....
I have treble checked this is not a parody account.

https://twitter.com/campbellclaret/status/1192036874543599616
What the gently caress

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Can't believe Tom Watson is gone, just want to run to him etc

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

forkboy84 posted:

Labour won this seat by 2,500 votes last time. He's quickly likely gifting the seat to the Tories. What a comrade.

This quality line from a Tory MP went under the radar

https://twitter.com/BBCPolitics/status/1192160419235786753?s=20

Property ownership is the same as life to Tories, which is presumably why they don't mind seeing those with nothing die off.
Fuckin Andrew Neil is defending Corbyn now? Welcome to Tiny Train World I guess :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

TACD posted:

What is shitposting?
https://twitter.com/geordiegoblin/status/1192616292643151873

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Chuka Umana posted:

I think Skilled Wallets is some type of psychotic neoliberal scheme created by the Lib Dems to funnel more cash to the professional class.

Ms Adequate posted:

Skilled Wallets is obviously the Lib Dems showing Laura K what true shitposting is
"Skilled Wallets" is almost close to being a coherent slogan about people earning more when highly trained or some piss, I dunno. Regardless, the actual slogan was SKILLS WALLETS which is much more abstract and confusing :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Ms Adequate posted:

As usual, a great many problems would be solved by mandating chastity belts on everyone.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Lemmings is the perfect videogame.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Anyone else at Laura Pidcock's campaign event in sunny Consett right now? :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I'm also confused about how 'Hey Jews' is antisemitic. Jews isn't a slur in and of itself, is it? I mean this genuinely, I don't understand in this situation how it would be antisemitic, if it did happen.
If you're a racist dipshit then just mentioning the jewish people is a hilarious bit because reasons.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Bobby Deluxe posted:

But to me, Jew isn't inherently racist in the same way Indian or Muslim aren't racist unless they're preceeded by the word 'fackin' in a taxi driver's rant.
It feels weird to talk about the context of an event that apparently didn't happen but that's what it comes down to. In the absence of any reasonable context, it would be a safe bet to assume a random person changing the lyrics of Hey Jude that way is doing some sniggering schoolboy poo poo "look, look, I changed the lyrics of the song to something politically incorrect, aren't I a comedy genius?".

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

A friend (Labour and very pro-Corbyn) just got this email from the tories:
I don't know how they loving dare lol

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Ms Adequate posted:

Probably, but I assume most people need to do some serious ballbag stretching to be able to give their own dogs a bath
Genuinely in tears laughing at this, the world's greatest metaphor, christ alive :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
I forget what I made this in response to but there's probably been another six things it could apply to since :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Diet Crack posted:

Is being a main character code for developing a tumour?
https://twitter.com/maplecocaine/status/1080665226410889217

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Rarity posted:

I have really bad wisdom tooth pain :(
Condolences, I had one of my wisdom teeth break in half a while back and it was very not fun :smith:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
https://twitter.com/geordiegoblin/status/1194110987319820289

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Rarity posted:

Hello nite crew. I've only had 4 hours sleep cause my tooth hurts too much. I'm now wistfully remembering the time I was on codeine after I broke my wrist. Ah, the good old days.
Goondolences :(

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Josef bugman posted:

Oh dear, this actually makes me feel quite sad for him.
Don't, the oval office was gloating over the Bolivian coup the other day.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
:five:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Ms Adequate posted:

Sebastian Sato himself could learn a thing from me
You taught him everything he knows about getting mad at war dioramas :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Hello friends, today we scattered my aunt's ashes on the shores of the beach of Hayling Island under a swollen sky which threatened but didn't deliver rain while HMS Prince Of Wales made its first journey into Portsmouth. It was a lot more emotional than I thought it would be.
Condolences mate :smith:

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

just got me a 12 hour twitter time out
I just got banned for "multiple accounts", I guess someone at twitter listens to the pod and put two and two together :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

That seems odd, given that they literally let you have multiple accounts in the app and on Tweetdeck.
My previous account being banned for calling tories cunts might have something to do with it :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Absolutely rattled lol

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Architecture chat: I like any tower block that looks like something out of a Gerry Anderson show :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Desiderata posted:

Their thing has always been hiding under trite sounding easy listening tunes, brutal kitchen sink style sex violence and drama. "I think the Answer's yes" sounds like a nothing little tune you might get on a radio station for the olds but contains lyrics that Rage Against The Machine would find too threatening: the final refrain being - "No amnesty for murderers of poor old working class,
Rope or gas, rope or gas, rope or gas"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CP7oK-Pndbw

Apparently it's the song he is most proud of.
gently caress me, I've not heard this in decades. Nice one reminding me it exists :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Necrothatcher posted:

The latest Marina Hyde about Boris links to one of his Spectator articles and uh...

.... right
That's a pretty wild quote but I imagine it gets wilder when you tell us the date he wrote it :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Necrothatcher posted:

What's the significance of 4th January 2003?
Nothing, I just meant that he's still doing mid 20th century Peter Sellers tier racism in the new millenium :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Tesseraction posted:

The accounts involved have all been deleted now but this tweet was in my browser cache

interesting, if true
What a loving prick he is, waiting until I'm banned from twitter to gently caress up like this :argh:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

radmonger posted:

You appear to be arguing with someone who thinks is Boris Johnson is not racist, rather that someone who thinks he once managed to say something for which the worst thing you can accurately say about it is that it is wrong about carrot genetics.
You're a colossal loving twat, just shut the gently caress up while you're behind for once.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
While we're on lembitchat, is he still involved with that ark society thing where they're trying to build a country in space? :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

TwoShanks posted:

Caesar salad doesn't have meat in it, that would be a caesar salad with chicken (or whatever).
Source: have eaten a lot of crap supermarket foods
Given that Corbyn is at ITV and not Labour HQ right now, it's probably not his salad anyway :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Chuff McNothing posted:

Tesseraction inspired me and I did a thing

https://i.imgur.com/gHPpgQy.mp4
:five::five::five:
This is loving amazing. If we're going to live in a technological dystopia, we might as well make it dance for our amusement :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

TTerrible posted:

If people are looking for some kind of space to organise that isn't reliant on a provider I'm happy to setup a privately hosted Mattermost (open source Slack alternative) instance. I understand that a random lurker offering to do that should set off alarm bells (and rightly so) but the offer is there.
Left wing shitposting mastodon instance :v:

Am I right in thinking most of the people purged from twitter today were on their second or third account? Could be they've tightened up their "detecting people who were previously banned" algorithm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Ms Adequate posted:

It's truly wild to see that they have looked at the historic fuckups of the May campaign and gone "... you know, I reckon we can do worse."
It has been genuinely loving gratifying to watch and honestly, we should thank the true heroes of the ongoing tory clusterfuck - all the dipshits in the press who wrote glowing pieces bigging up Dom Cummies Esquire as a tactical supergenius who could not be defeated because of all the Sun Tzu he'd read. The punchline wouldn't have been half as funny without that setup :v: