Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Propaganda Hour posted:

I've known people that have had their toes amputated due to diabetes.
:911:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

https://i.imgur.com/0QiUhnX.mp4

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Downside: all that equipment is Harbor Freight grade

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Memento posted:

"woops, I had my arm lifted the wrong way/took a breath at the wrong time/had my foot at the wrong angle, guess I'll die"

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Blindeye posted:

As far as other great museums, Camden, NJ has the USS New Jersey, the biggest of the Iowa-class battleships docked there, and it was a fantastic little day trip.

Benefit of having a son who was a Cub Scout: I got to sleep overnight on the New Jersey. Cramped and hot but fun

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Nocheez posted:

This. When I ride around in my wife's Prius I notice that big trucks will purposefully get in front of her and do this bullshit. It makes me extremely angry because there's no need for it, and many times my toddler is riding in the back and doesn't deserve to breathe that poo poo in.

All this just because she drives a more eco-friendly car. I'm getting mad just thinking about it.

Where do you live? I live in a big coastal city and I've never seen someone rolling coal.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Humphreys posted:

I don't know where you are in the world, but I am in Australia and postage out of this country is loving bullshit expensive.

Served you right for living in a distant, desolate wasteland

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Warmachine posted:

I've done jank, but not that jank. Has the dude who did that never had a bolt just snap on him before?

Yes, but each dude only gets the one time.

Warmachine posted:

Which eastern bloc country is this?

Not eastern bloc but my guess is China

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

everydayfalls posted:

https://i.imgur.com/uPwX7RH.mp4
I mean they are wearing their ppe!

What the hell did he pour on him?!?!

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

https://i.imgur.com/jRCXTyq.mp4

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Who the gently caress tailgates an airplane making an emergency landing?!

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Call ОША

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZ3vACL9RjA

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

d3lness posted:

Thanks to DoNotEat, we know his name is actually pronounced thunderffff zero zero tee. That guy is so far up his own rear end. Not DoNotEat, he's cool as hell and people in this thread should look up the "Well there's your problem" podcasts if you haven't.

Also, Alice's inconsistent nihilism is my spirit animal.

A coworker of mine interviewed him for a podcast awhile back and said he's a nice guy and way younger than his voice suggests.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

minato posted:

My friend worked on an airplane documentary that Ford narrated, and said he was a huge stoner who was high 24/7.

I remember someone talking about how Ford would turn up for the car taking him to set on some movie just blazing away on a j most mornings. However I think his problem here probably has less to do with weed and much, much more to do with the fact that he's 77.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

The Sausages posted:

Every heights training course I've done has informed me that thanks to improved training and regulation, more people now die from suspension trauma than ever before. If you're stuck hanging somewhere and can't get a foothold you probably have less than an hour to live. A good safety harness will have straps that can be unfurled and used to reduce the risk of losing consciousness and dying but this should never be relied upon over having access to rescue services.

This sounds like the story from WWI when after the point where steel helmets were mandated the rate of injury from shelling soared because all those people who used to outright die from getting hit in the head with shrapnel now were just getting injured. High command's initial reaction was supposedly to rescind the use of helmets to bring those rates down.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

grillster posted:

Should we take a poll?
Preferred developer for our brain implant:
  • Elon Musk
  • Bill Gates
  • Jeff Bezos
  • Linus Torvalds
  • Richard Stallman

Terry A. Davis

drat, he's dead

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Darby Allin, who is straight edge, named himself after Darby Crash and GG Allin, two rock and roll fuckups who both died of drug overdoses

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

LifeSunDeath posted:

why does it feel like this was in houston?

The signs point to Arlington

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Also nomex doesn't melt. That's why people who might face burning up (pilots in particular) wear it instead of nylon, which does.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

biracial bear for uncut posted:

This.

Stop touching things you already know are live with electricity.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Bobulus posted:

Trying to figure out what happened it. It seems like the 'burst' came from the empty side of the tray? Was there some liquid in there that superheated when the molten metal was poured in?

My guess is that they washed it out but didn't dry it enough. When the molten metal hit the a water droplet it was turned to steam instantly and splashed the metal out.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Is the truckmarine driver guy wearing black rubber gloves and no shirt?

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

It's only 3 amps what could go wrong?

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

this does not look fun

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

I’m not exactly sure how I knew it from the start but this whole video screams CANADA

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

ONLY WAY IS TRUCKING

ALL OTHER WAYS ARE FORBIDDEN

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

https://i.imgur.com/r5KIez4.mp4

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

FuturePastNow posted:

They're getting the big (500 ton?) crane set up so they may start removing the engines soon.

This is the closer camera angle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aNc8iVY-r8

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

https://i.imgur.com/LoKrQBh.mp4

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

fuckingtest posted:

I used to drive a 454 ss Chevy P/U that was Manual. I got pulled over three times just so that the cop could talk poo poo with me about muscle cars. I had to sell it during the "gas years" because it was a hog. i sold it to a kid and his dad who lived north of me who probably flipped it over at some point.

Content:

Why yes, I'll drive onto this new 4-post lift I just built,but didn't bolt into the floor to test it's worthiness to the shop gods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhwB237I360&t=2265s

EDIT: I just realized, its a rolling lift LOL.

Mustie is awesome so you should shut your mouth right up!

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

It must be a jeep thing because I don't understand it

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

xtal posted:

Even if the gliding part is fun I don't see why you'd do it in a canyon full of jagged rocks, its not like the wind feels any different

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Fun Fact: HydraPak Inc, the company that made the o-rings for the boosters on Challenger, was owned by Lyle and Warren Jeffs, leaders of the Mormon offshoot cult the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. The FLDS was famous for, among other things, farming out its vast army of young kids to work in the various businesses that made the Jeffs' a lot of money. There is a very non-zero change that some aspect of the manufacture of those rings was done by what amounts to a child slave of a pedophilic sex cult.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

I wish I knew where this happened because everything about it screams "Pennsylvania"

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Thomamelas posted:

The not being seen bit and enhanced survivability are kind of a big deal. From the mock engagements, it looks like "I can shoot you before you can shoot me" is really nice in terms of kill to death ratios.

To visualize this

F-35 vs F-15X

SAMs are a lot better than they used to be so being able to get rid of them so that much bigger, less survivable planes can dump precision guided bombs without being shot down immediately is very important.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

MF_James posted:

I see at 32 seconds in Philly does dibs in winter just like Chicago, I had hoped that wasn't unique to our city.

We even regularly kill each other over it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Xaintrailles posted:

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/04/200421090556.htm

Rising atmospheric CO2 levels (leading to higher indoor levels) ensures a dumb future.