Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

I wonder how tall it is? It seems small but the people standing by the side midway through are pretty tiny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

EAT. SHIT.

TFW you remember you're an orphan because your parents died in a dumbass gender reveal party for you.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Apr 1, 2021

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

But if both parents were killed how

That's a fair point but I think we can figure something out, like ^^^.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Atticus_1354 posted:

He's holding a long metal nozzle. Look at the guy next to him.

He's holding the end of it though.

Anyway it's probably off to the side enough that he is okay? At least for now.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

This is worth a read.

Letting 30 live wolves without any safety harnesses into a netted cage with theatre actors was apparently intentional part of the performance lmbo.

There's also the delightful quote that no serious accidents have happened in the last 3 years of the show.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Jabor posted:

Would you believe the the guy putting his head into the lion's mouth is an intentional part of the performance, lmbo

I mean we're talking about China here, and I think 30 wolves might be a bit more difficult to handle than 1 Lion, but sure.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I'd love to know what this means

Infamous for accidents during animal shows due to animal abuse making the animals lash out?

It also doesn't say the show has been going on for three years in its current form, merely that there had been no accidents during the show in the last three years, which is a very different statement even if it kinda sounds similar.

Anyway whatever but I wouldn't want to be an actor in that play.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Serephina posted:

Not every place lies inside the United States, amazingly. I also live in a place where people aren't (or can't be) litigious, and so fuckups don't list previous places of employ for references. If some fuckwit saw the entry requirements for a job, took the training, then decided he couldn't be hosed to pass a piss test I'd be grumpy about it too.

Regarding blackballing explicitly... Everyone knows everyone else in my industry, and word gets around about fuckwits even if there's no formal list. Actions have consequences, and being upset about it reminds me of the people who are crying that they're being denied service at this bar, when it was that other bar that they had their meltdown at. Ain't that a shame?

Actions have consequences, yes, but those consequences are getting fired or laid off, not losing the ability to make a living. Also everyone fucks up at some point in their lives, sometimes hard or sometimes repeatedly, but that doesn't mean they can't be good at their jobs in the future.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Mozi posted:

sorry you failed your drug test

I've never taken a drug test much less failed one. Not even an alcohol test either for that matter, despite regularly driving for a while (I don't anymore but still).

I just think blackballing people is a lovely thing to do.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Ultimately it's two separate issues, drug screening and employee blackballing.

I don't really mind the former but the latter is all kinds of bad and makes you a bad person to engage in it IMO.

Also who gives a toss about someone getting "a week of free training", if they really wanted to avoid that they should have done the drug rest earlier.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Jul 7, 2021

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

shame on an IGA posted:

Couple years ago somebody a few blocks down from me died in a fireworks battle trying to launch a mortar shell off his sternum and dropping it in the tube backwards.

Three hours later, someone else from the same apartment complex did it again.

Reminds me of this lad who got rather famous when England got into the finals in football, not entirely OSHA but definitely on-topic:

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

wheatpuppy posted:

Would have been better if they balanced a cigarette at the edge of the bucket right where it would catch the flame.

Look again, that's not a bucket.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

The Lone Badger posted:

I dare you to say that to its face.

Just because it's big and looks scary doesn't mea-

Wikipedia posted:

the cassowary does not cohabit well among its own kind. Individual specimens must even be kept in separate enclosures, due to their solitary and aggressive nature. Territoriality is one of their most important characteristics.

Oh. Well I guess it's Australia after all.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Judging by how quickly they react that's not the first time it happened.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Scratch Monkey posted:

I think they’re Czech. WW2 reenacting is quite popular there

Yeah he’s got a real fashy vibe going on

I know you've got Czech opera lyrics in your profile and all that but I really can't hear Czech in the video, maybe Slovak or Polish? It's hard to make out but Davajte as mentioned isn't Czech.

There's the "ale to musíš" but I'm not sure if that's uniquely Czech.

Could be a mix of eastern euro nazi reenactors.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Sep 20, 2021

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Flipperwaldt posted:

Those are all excellent clarifications and props for actually looking it up. It's just weird to read something like that and have to go 'wait, what, I'm in the EU and I've never seen one in my life!'. Like, even if Belgium for all I know somehow is the lone holdout where people rather die in a fire, idk.

Something something Belgium is not a real country.

But I also haven't seen them much in eastern or southern Europe, seems more of a western/northern European thing. In Britain I've mainly seen them in student accommodation or short-term rentals.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Actually when lying down the weight is much more evenly distributed.

Just careful when getting back up.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

mobby_6kl posted:

The cassowary was probably intimidated by the carpenter's badass jorts.

https://i.imgur.com/xQmBT9L.mp4

Maybe not the best place and time to catch a nap

How to tell your boss you quit while pissing him off, all without saying anything.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Zetsubou-san posted:

fukken legend

If anyone is curious what a can pressure explosion looks like in slow-motion there's this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PWYzlL89yo&t=188s

(just food cans though)

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

I was looking at random images of Kinshasa and the first one I open:

Wait, what's that in the corner?

Seems safe.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Mar 31, 2022

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Someone once asked in an online discussion who would win between a swan and seagull in a bird fight.

Answer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycjQgPPdVR0&t=128s - and that is me not posting the search result for swan kills a seagull to avoid animal snuff; don't gently caress with swans

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Apr 24, 2022

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

mds2 posted:

Bushman I think. Was he the helicopter hog hunter guy?

Weaponized dronecopter I think.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Buttchocks posted:

They should start lowering the hospitals.

They'd figure out some way to put a truck full of jumbled rusty rebar under the now less-deadly window.

Accidentally of course.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

wiegieman posted:

Looks like some authentic American tree trimming to me.

No you need tannerite and tacticool ar-15 for that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCLg6mjJPPU&t=27s

just realised I'm a bit behind but I'll leave it here

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Devor posted:

No he's just loving around showing how little he cares for personal safety

I figure if he's in the middle he probably won't get squished at least, since the rails will line it up.

He might still get pulled under though.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Lemme chain this war dead memorial abomination in this here spot clear of obstructions, seems like a great idea.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

It's a fake for clicks IMO.

There's a stupid amount of them on the short portrait video platforms.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Preoptopus posted:

Whatever happened to thoes crazy microwave kids from Ukraine circa 2014

Edit: kreosan
https://youtu.be/H1gBinKRqqY

I guess they are in Thailand now? Based on the videos.

They also have some from Chernobyl but I think those were filmed earlier, not sure though. I imagine they wouldn't be free to travel what with the war and all.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

The Lone Badger posted:

Do alligators actually bite people unprovoked?
The reason I ask is that down here we have saltwater crocodiles (which eat people) and freshwater crocodiles (which don't). Alligators are much closer in size to a freshie than a saltie, so I don't know if they view humans as prey.

Oh. Those are a lot bigger than I would imagine.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

Tesla fsd should be banned as unsafe (taps gang tag), but that guy was hosed anyway because getting into an accident in the lane and not immediately running to the side to get off the road is an absolute death wish.

Anyway my contribution to road accidents is that one time I was driving a borrowed Kia and the bonnet flipped up at 80mph because it hadn't been latched properly by the owner, and let me tell you that people phone that poo poo in *fast*. The patrol guys were there before we'd even managed to call them after pulling over.

Looking at the other video of the incident it seems like the tesla guy tried to drive away after, because negligence isn't enough I guess.

Also there is a LOT of Tesla chuds defending it in the comments.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Crossposting from the UK c-spam thread because it's a perfect fit here:

The old spicy mud leak.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

what happened there to cause the derailment

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

I don't know, seems innocuous:

ECHA posted:

Danger! According to the harmonised classification and labelling (ATP01) approved by the European Union, this substance is fatal if swallowed, is fatal if inhaled, is toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects and may cause damage to organs through prolonged or repeated exposure.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

This is the best part of the story:

quote:

Rangers have arrested anyone caught jumping off El Capitan, seized their equipment and put them in the local jail.

Davis was jumping with borrowed gear because she did not want her own to be confiscated by the park rangers waiting to arrest her on the valley floor, witnesses said.

“If only she had used her own gear. If she had only had her own gear,” Sanders said over and over again, according to friends who tried to console him. Sanders told them that Davis usually pulls a cord on her back; on the borrowed jumpsuit, the cord was on her leg.

Also, since BASE jumpers do not have time to open a second chute from such low altitudes, she had no backup, said Chris Conkright, an employee of Aerial Focus, the Santa Barbara-based aerial cinematography company she and her husband ran.

“This wouldn’t have been her first choice on gear,” Conkright said. “This was her first choice on gear that you would surrender to the rangers.”

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

mycomancy posted:

........metal

I think you're one letter short there, as far as dated pithy one-word answers go.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Extremely OSHA for transporting fissiles:

quote:

It is believed the capsule fell through the gap left by a bolt hole, after the bolt was dislodged when a container collapsed as a result of vibrations during the trip.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Voyager I posted:

This is a short article that is absolutely worth the read, holy balls.

I'm sure the company suffered no consequences.

It's part of one of the big Chinese manufacturing corps.

So, no.

e: Personally I do have two Alexa devices with a camera (echo spots) but reading about how it works I somewhat trust it.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Jan 31, 2023

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Nah, they're the ones who found it, I think? I bet it was someone from the navy which is now bollocking them for talking to media.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Are they just straight up stealing all post10’s content or what?

he did say tiktok you know, that's all the answer you need

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Megillah Gorilla posted:

A bucket of hot water with dishwashing liquid in it works great as long as the toilet is draining even slightly. Just pour it right into the toilet, repeat as necessary.

The hot water helps dissolves any solids and the detergent acts as a lubricant to move everything along.

That seems like it would result in poo suds everywhere.