Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Since we're talking about dreams. I usually have really fantastical ones where I'm just a character or the camera.

But for the last couple of weeks I've been having these reoccurring vivid dreams with a woman I've never met, raising a child I've never had, and there's been a consistent timeline. It's all been very real and warm and very confusing when I wake up.

I don't like it. Bring back the Hydra god talking to me. That I could roll with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

So I watched the first three episodes of the Witcher with my girlfriend's friends. Within 10 minutes they decided to start making fun of it and quoting Monty Python constantly. It was horrible.

I've known this for awhile but if I'm excited about something I really shouldn't watch things with people that aren't interested in engaging with it at all. Same thing happened with that group when we watched Midsommer together. I don't hate my girls friends but holy poo poo they can be intolerable.

I am chill about it at until the car ride back.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

I do get it it's the worst episode. But they immediately disengage with things. They had fun so like I said I wasn't a dick about it.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Dec 21, 2019

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

WatermelonGun posted:

i mean i get that you’re excited about it but it also sounds like you regularly throw on three hours worth of horror and dark fantasy to uninterested guests. maybe lighten the mood a bit.

I went to their house their thing. I never host I don't want people in my place it's comfy for me.

I never try to make anyone watch anything but wrestling. Which makes me the worst of all.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Dec 21, 2019

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Joss Whedon and JJ Abrams are on the same level of if they're involved I check out.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

I honestly had no idea FYAD was still a thing until all of this. The whole concept was so 2004 internet I thought it died a long time ago.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jan 7, 2020

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Yeah I only look at a few subforums, and the only posters who have been really pissed about this are the ones I kind of figured were lovely people.

Oh no I just realized I've been on this forum for 14 years. Oh no

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Jan 7, 2020

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

[

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Mekchu posted:

Red Letter Media's Re:view of Mandalorian was good and they made some nice points. Namely that Manfalorian while not doing anything fantastically new was still a well made show.

It's just plotlines from westerns and samurai movies, and that's the best version of Star Wars.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Mekchu posted:

Yeah because they are coherent stories and make sense within their own story arcs.

Yeah I'm not a big Star Wars person, and when I heard about what happened in the newest one I decided I'm not going to bother. Same thing with the GOT finale.

Knives Out was a super satisfying movie to watch.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jan 7, 2020

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

On a completely different note, I finally caught up on The Witcher. I thought it was pretty good right up until the last episode. I liked that too but what a weird loving ending, it felt like they ran out of time while shooting or thought they had another episode of something, and just quickly wrote a 30 second wrap-up/cliffhanger for season 2.

Also they tried just a bit too hard to be clever through the season with the three leads all living in different time frames that didn't come together until the final episode, it all ended up making sense but it was a pretty pale imitation of what worked so well in Westworld Season 1 with the reveal (which to be fair many people guessed) that we were seeing two distinct periods of time in the park's lifetime.

Henry Cavill's voice was a little over the top but he got Geralt's "gently caress!"s spot-on, and I'm glad they dived deep into the whole notion that being a Witcher is a loving horrible thing and not at all to be desired.

Cavill's hmmms are very good as well.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Recently watched Knives Out - really enjoyed it. Daniel Craig as a detective by way of KFC Colonel was rad and the cast was amazing.

I loved Knives Out and it's awesome that in a few years Ana de Armas went from learning her English lines photeically in a Keanu sex thriller to being the heart and lead in one of my favorite movies in 2019.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Captain Magic posted:

The movie I’ve seen the most is Ravenous.

I didn’t mention Ravenous before. Ravenous is great. I’ve seen it so much one time during a drug trip with friends another friend asked to mute the movie because he didn’t want to hear the sounds and I still narrated it word for word to another friend—and that was ten years ago.

I’ll probably not watch Ravenous for a few years. I watched it twice this year and the second time I just did chores.

Halloween is catching up because I watch it at least once a year.

Beerfest and/or Super Troopers are probably up there because I drank alone and capped off nights by watching them and I drank a loving lot.

I love Ravenous. It's Guy Pierce in a Donner Party situation with an incredible soundtrack.

My favourite movies are the Before trilogy with Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Feb 25, 2020

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

I gotta share this somewhere cause its pretty funny.

So I hooked up with a coworker in a very public way mid 2019 at party that wasn't a work work party but there were a lot of them there. We hadn't had a lot of interaction before, and she shot me down afterwards which was disappointing but totally cool. So I really don't know alot about her besides we were attracted to each other that night.

This whole time I thought people's weirdness about that night was the coworker thing. It ends up this whole time before and afterwards she was married. And now some people's coldness to me and just a lot of conversations make a lot more sense. Apparently everyone just assumed I knew she was married. It has never come up once until recently.

It was a very Oh ohhh Oooohhhh moment.

Edit- Obviously it's just a funny thing from my perspective as ex job hosed up midwest politeness perspective. For her that was a horrible mistake that could have ruined her life.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Mar 4, 2020

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Welp I just got laid off along with pretty much 90% of everyone else at my job. Wish I hadn't spent so much money this last fall. Fun fun fun. And who needs insurance that silly stuff.

Ah well what can you do? Same thing is going to happen to a lot of people.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Mar 17, 2020

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

SamuraiFoochs posted:

My phone battery appears to rapidly be deteriorating. I've needed a new phone for a while but I can't be thinking about dealing with that with all this poo poo going on. :(

Also SDP, that's loving horrific and this country sucks rear end.

Yeah it's a bummer. I was able to laugh about it a couple of hours ago because I saw it coming and that's always my initial reaction to bad news, but now I'm thinking about the months ahead and it's just gently caress.

I did call my credit cards, and that helped so thanks for that advice Critical.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

The power was out in my area for a few hours, and combine that with mostly staying at home for the last week I was about one night away from adding spikes and chains to my car Mad Max style.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Knives Out is on Prime starting today for anyone who hasn't seen it or wants to rewatch it.

God drat that final shot always makes me so happy.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

ARMBAR A COP posted:

Hey y'all I'm legit homeless right now.

I'm scared.

I don't know your life or situation so I'll just give some general advice from experience.

Like Jerusalem said look up local safety nets. If they're there use them. If you have people in your life that can help but you don't want to go to I'll just say if there's a chance it's mendable that's better than constant anxiety. And most importantly what's happening is real and things like drinking won't help.

It's scary but you're going to be okay.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

TTBF posted:

TVIV posters spend too much time reading and posting in live threads to actually pay attention to the show.

That was the case years ago but TVIV is pretty dead for live posting these days.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

It's not being a dick that's the right move. Discord drama is real and when it leaks out it's a whole silly thing.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

I'm real tired y'all. Which game should I sink all my next two days into? The FF7 remake or Nier?

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Nier it is then. I got to the robot town and was really into it at that point so it's not a hard sell. Thanks everyone!

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Shard posted:

Baldurs gate 2 is one of the best games of all time.

I played it as a kid and it's funny how different my strategies were from what everyone recommends these days.

poo poo I'll admit I was way more creative then. Now if I struggle with some sideboss I just google a solution.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Did anyone else read the novelization of Baldurs Gate?

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Shard posted:

Weight loss update. I've lost 52 pounds since January. Down to 269

Losing weight this year is pretty impressive. Congrats.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Lid posted:

Also backtracking but Louis CK's Louie at its time was one of the most influential, best and important comedy shows made that influenced a lot that came after it. You can't mention it, or people even remember it, because of Louis CK's sex pest activities undercutting and self-evidating the hypocrisy of the social consciousness Louie imbued into sitcoms.

Yeah Louie led to so many similarly creator focused shows in that time period. It had a huge influence but it's so hard to go back to because Louis CK always showed his creepy behavior on his sleeve we just thought it was an exaggerated joke because he sold it really well.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Lid posted:

Let me tell you about how in the 2000s Kevin Spacey was my favourite actor and I used to watch LA Confidential once a year every year, and defended American Beauty against those saying it wasnt a good movie amongst many many other Spacey adjacent things.

The Ref was one of my families big holiday movies.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

gently caress.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

I was raised on Woody Allen movies. Like my mom special ordered Woody Allen movies from the local video store when those existed I saw them all.

I haven't watched any for years but my top five in no particular order.

1. Love And Death
2. Take the Money and Run
3. Annie Hall
4. Sleeper
5. Hannah and her Sisters

Maybe Midnight in Paris I haven't seen that one in a long time and it might not hold up minus childhood nostalgia.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

It Chapter 2 is one of the most baffling movies I've seen in years because it has all the talent to be good, and then it's just this pointless mess that you can't even blame on studio interference.

Palm Springs is great though everyone should check that out.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

NienNunb posted:

I remember liking it.

LINKLATER RANKING:

1. Before Sunrise
2. Before Midnight
3. Boyhood
4. Dazed and Confused
5. Slacker
6. Before Sunset
7. Dazed and Confused 2
8. Scanner Darkly

I adore the Before movies, but I haven't been able to watch Sunrise in ages because I've turned into Celine in Sunset.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

I get why people complain about shows like Supernatural going for too long, but then there's Don't Trust the B in 23 and Krysten Ritter hasn't had a role like that since. I'm all for too much of a thing so there's some gems in the trash, and Supernatural is a good example of that.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

Caught the first episode, all I have to say is please God don't let anything bad happen to Uncle George :pray:

I'll be crushed. After the episode me and my sister had a long conversation about it and the big thing we landed on is he can't die.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Bluedeanie posted:

Just had an interview for a new position at my job. Not the one I have been targeting for a while, but would start a lot sooner and be considerably less stressful while still paying acceptably. I think it went well and will hear by the end of the week. Send me your spirit energy so I can defeat Cell or whoever it was that got spirit bombes, ty friends

\o/

I copy pasted Beef Jerky Robot's energy. I'm lazy and sorry.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

I tried the beta of the new Avengers game. It's not very good. :smith:

That's too bad. I'm not super into super hero stuff these days but I would like a good game where I could play as a bunch of them. PS4 Spiderman man set the bar really high and I don't need that just something.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Junpei Hyde posted:

Binged all of good place season 4 last night.

Wow they actually went and made a perfect show

One of my favorites of all time. The show's podcast hosted by Marc Evan Jackson is really good too if you want to hear people involved with the show talk about it.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Seth Rollins posted:

Jackie Brown – Pam Grier is fine. goddamn. good lord. i basically act like Robert DeNiro's character in real life. Ms. Grier, do you post here on this forum? please send me a private message if you do.

God drat I know it man. I don't always love Tarantino but the way he shot her in that movie was pure admire this loving woman and I agree.

Edit-I really need to give Once Upon A Time in Hollywood another shot. I was really bored by it the first time because it felt like a predictable culmination of his last 10 years. But maybe that's a good thing.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Aug 30, 2020

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Man 80's Excalibur really knew how to make armor shine. I'm always going to love this movie for it's visuals and music. And of course Merlin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Artelier posted:

Batista is a+ in bladerunner 2049. are there any other films with "serious acting chops" Batista in them?

His scenes with Jodie Foster in Hotel Artemis were probably the best parts of the movie, and his recent episode of Room 104 was really solid and focused on him.