Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
What is this "clearing" of backlog you speak of?

E: ^ I haven't played Heroes yet but the original Hammerwatch was pretty fun if a bit repetitive and mindless and Heroes is supposedly an improvement on that.

Jagged Jim fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jan 2, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Mordja posted:

There was a shareholder meeting a while back where the Metro publishers suggested they were disappointed with PC sales (tellingly, I don't think any of their games since have been Epic-only) and I think Control also undersold. Control was also one of the top-selling games on EGS last year, according to Epic themselves.

Honestly Control running like dogshit on consoles probably had much more of an impact on sales than what PC launcher it was on.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Anyone check out Coffee Talk yet? It looks like Valhalla (whatever weird spelling they use for it) but with coffee and elves which sounds like my jam.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Quick trip report from the Game Festival Demos I've Tried:

Jack Axe: A Super Meat Boy-ish platformer with the main gimmick is an axe that you can throw and then use to slingshot yourself over gaps. Could be worth keeping an eye on.

Garden Story: A cute Zelda type game. The demo is unfortunately too short to get a real good read on.

Evan's Remains: It seems like it could be interesting but the puzzles in the demo were pretty basic so unless there is some kind of collectable or they add some more complex mechanics this could end up being a pretty shallow game.

Chicory: Charming paint-em-up that I'll definitely keep an eye on.

Coffee Talk: Seems okay, I guess?

Going Under: Hades but with Late-Stage Capitalism instead of Ancient Greece.

Quench: Hard crashed my laptop during the intro. :gonk:

Tunche: A neat little beat-em-up. But why is Hat Girl here? :confused:

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

:lol: Bethesda.
https://twitter.com/pcgamer/status/1241117318983430144?s=19

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

StabMasterArson posted:

Anyone know which of the Cities Skylines DLCs are worth getting?
I haven't played the latest one so I can't comment on that one but I'd say After Dark, Mass Transit, and Green Cities are the must-have DLCs. Parklife, Industries, and Campus are fine if you're looking for more nuance than just "plop zones down" but are skippable if you aren't interested. The only one I would definitely avoid is Snowfall.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Yeah, that definitely seems like something you should put a big "Do you want to enable this? Y/N" prompt when they first boot the game.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1271864230308753413?s=20

Wait, what?

Since when was P4G getting a PC port? Why have I not heard about this before? :psyboom:

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Oh nice, you apparently only get one $5 discount for the entire sale. Thanks for nothing, Steam. t:mad:

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

El_Elegante posted:

During her childhood, you mean. I don’t know that she grew up.

Well, she "grew up" in that she's now taller and can buy booze at the pub.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Unlucky7 posted:

Question on Terraria: What size world should I play on, for my first time? (Well, not really, but more like first time to really commit to it)

Personally I find small maps a bit cramped with all the biomes and stuff and prefer medium sized maps but it's perfectly playable regardless of map size.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Grapplejack posted:

Honestly your best bet is to let it be political and just let your players be the villains.

That's what Call of Duty tried to do and look how that ended up.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

So did they ever fix We Happy Few? I remember it was pretty hated when it came out but it's on sale now and I might take a chance if they patched it up.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Blattdorf posted:

None of you posted the most GAMER trailer of the event.

I like how they're starting to riff on the "Mario Dies!" trope in these trailers.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Leal posted:

Is Anthem the one where you had to pay money for colors for your armor

E: And not like to get a super cool decal or color pattern, but just straight up if you want blue, you have to pay for blue. For each combination of blue

No mention of the :bioware: Skull?

I am disappointed in you, goons.

E: Gah, snipe!

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Flimf posted:

Hell yeah! Soul Nomad & The World Eaters is coming to PC!
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1535610/Soul_Nomad__the_World_Eaters/

Give us Makai Kingdom you cowards!

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

John Murdoch posted:

EDF is Dynasty Warriors but with rocket launchers, artillery, lasers, and mechs. And Lu Bu is, idk, a giant bug or a robot or something.

Nah, Lu Bu is literally Godzilla. or Gamera, I guess.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Orv posted:

Do you though

I would honestly buy a Drakengard Remake if only to remind myself that it was an actual game that was commercially released and not some weird fever dream I had.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

How in the world did they manage to untangle the 30 year old tangle of spaghetti that is the SRW licensing hell? I did not think that was going to happen like, ever.

I'm pretty sure most of that is because there's no Macross stuff in this one so they don't have to deal with Harmony Gold being poop from a butt.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

...why?

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Makai Kingdom and ZHP on the PC? Holy poo poo! :dogstare:
https://twitter.com/gematsucom/status/1435594626950438913

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Yes, why would Yacht Club want free money and advertising? :iiam:

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Boy, I'm sure glad I got Phoenotopia: Awakening during the current sale. It's very good.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

All three of the FC6 DLCs are roguelikes. Vaas is probably the best because it really leans into how Jason and Vaas are two sides of the same coin and how Citra was the real villain. Pagan was pretty meh with your nemesis being just some guy who insults you now and then and I don't really have any desire to go back for the Joseph one. They were all pretty underwhelming and you can just YouTube the story scenes if you must.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

How quickly we forget the legendary game Wolfenstein: Youngblood.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Mordja posted:

There weren't ever any exclusive games for the launcher, right, it was just another one of those vestigial front-ends?

The original plan was for all their games to be exclusive to BETHNET but had to back off from that after the backlash.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

exquisite tea posted:

Despite the incredibly dumb name the 8Bitdo Pro 2 is indeed godly.

the Pro 2 is a terrible controller because they announced it like a week after I bought a Pro+ and my dumb cheap brain won't let me buy a new controller now.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

The perfect metaphor for Elden Ring's upgrading system is in the very first church they give you one smithing stone and an anvil to upgrade your weapons with.

You need two smithing stones to upgrade a base weapon.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Quick reminder that there's about 16 hours left to get in on the itch.io's Bundle for Ukraine. They're almost up to 6 million dollars so far. :toot:

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Also Garriott owns the rights to the "Lord British" character, so they can't just remake the old Ultima games without either getting his permission to use the character (which is... unlikely) or cutting Lord British out entirely.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Really more games should do it like Disgaea does and just gives you an option on the settings screen to select which button prompts you want.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Hwurmp posted:

it's a car that randomly clips into the ground or flies off into space

Sold!

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Mokinokaro posted:

If Epic didn't have the Fortnite cash cow they'd be in bad shape I suspect.

Eh, they might not have all the money like they do now but they do still own the game engine that's the backbone of like 2/3rds of the games industry. So while they probably couldn't afford to piss away vast sums of money on the EGS vanity project they're in no danger of going under without $Fortnite.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

CharlestheHammer posted:

Yeah could you imagine a dude diving four yards deep into the end zone and being called down at the 1.

People would riot like that Browns game

Could be worse, they could rule that you lost control of the ball briefly which is a fumble out of the end zone and by rule is a touchback for the other team.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Anno posted:

From what I can tell this isn't actually out now, so maybe the video dropped early? Though most of what I heard is the game is bad, and not fun-bad like the first. Just bad-bad.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1534515319598743552

Gone. Which game are talking about?

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Give us Persona 1 and 2 IS/EP you cowards!

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

When the gently caress is the Summer sale starting so we can talk about that instead of whatever the hell this is?

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Ghostlight posted:

play... games... ?

:mods:

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Cool Kids Club Soda posted:

Tale Spin game when??!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Gaben hates this! Learn one weird trick to avoid Steam Store Cuts!