Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:

pentyne posted:

Umurangi Generation

I can't remember which levels are in it to know if you already picked it up or not, but the dlc is absolutely worth it too. Adds a few more levels new lenses and new gear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]

Blattdorf posted:

Cruelty Squad is way too good and you should pick it up sight unseen. It's a trip.

I'm stuck on the mall level and I feel like I'm missing something. I love the style but I'm clearly missing whatever is "clicking" for other people.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

Sleve McDichael posted:

Take the rocket launcher :mrgw:

I don't think I have this unlocked... Maybe I need to go play previous levels again?

Blattdorf posted:

Take the elevator.

It's more that I haven't been able to find the "rhythm" that others do that allows them to break the game over their knee. Looks cool as hell but unless I play very very carefully I get swatted like a fly :saddowns: same feeling I get playing Noita (another game I love that I can't get very far in)

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

GreatGreen posted:

gently caress Epic.

I'd love to actually buy this game but I refuse to spend money in the Epic store. I'll grab free games (that I never play) but as for supporting that absolute piece of poo poo storefront whose owners bribe publishers into not putting games on actually usable platforms? Nope.

I'll buy Hitman 3 when it comes out on something else.

:ok:

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

The 7th Guest posted:

e: also tim sweeney is a dipshit

I liked Jill of the Jungle

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

Which channel is Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash in this analogy?

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

Stux posted:

milk outside a bag of milk outside a bag of milk

It's good. Milk inside a bag of milk inside a bag of milk is the first one.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

Cowcaster posted:

i don't like milk

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

TOOT BOOT posted:

I feel bad for the devs behind Super Meat Boy Forever, it came out on Steam like 12 years after the original game and it feels like it didn't get a very good response.

B/C it wasn't nearly as polished or good as the original. Wasn't the same devs either.

I'm still bummed we never got mewgenics after seeing it teased at some con back in like 2014.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I would kill for Obra Dinn in VR.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

The 7th Guest posted:

blaseball got robbed

blaseball is garbage hth

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

IShallRiseAgain posted:

I'd recommend Yakuza Like A Dragon instead. Its a really fun JRPG, and the new combat system lets the game do crazier battles than what could be done with a normal Yakuza game.

I would still recommend Y7, but I disagree, I think the turn based combat is shallow and it needs another title or two to get to how good the combat in Y6 or judgment feels.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

Saejima straight punches out a bear lmao

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

Ciaphas posted:

ichiban > kiryu, not taking questions at this time

P. weak bait tbh

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

Hwurmp posted:

DecapAttack starring Chuck D. Head

Underrated music in that game (thanks Genesis sound chip!)

https://youtu.be/hehnUb91YOQ

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

Way too good for a game no one remembers!

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

Help I keep buying every euro truck sim/american truck sim dlc when they're on sale despite the fact that I can't smoke weed rn and therefore won't play them anytime soon

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

Is rhombus of ruin worth playing? I didn't have VR when it came out so honestly just forgot about it.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

Pwnstar posted:

I have decided from now on that anyone who says X game looks like a flash game/looks like a Newgrounds game has to go in the sin bin, sorry fellas.

Vampire Survivors looks like a flash game but less laggy

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

StrixNebulosa posted:

First one to quote this post gets CALICO as a humble key

(calico is a magical girl cat cafe sim. I haven't played it yet)

I have been wanting to try this...

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

Cowcaster posted:

i mean there's still a non zero chance this is just an overwhelming amount of triple a hype for a lackluster product that will be the talk of the town for a week and then vanish

Isn't this every game that goons love? Oh you meant hype OFF of the forums.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

deep dish peat moss posted:

If you do at least pick an officially-sanctioned character from this list

This one but earnestly. I won't even say which game I'm talking about.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

pseudorandom name posted:

Ideally Steam would allow you to preload to one Steam library and then decrypt to another but having multiple Steam libraries is probably rare enough that it isn't worth the effort.

What

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

Barry Convex posted:

pretty great new Humble non-Choice bundle, though I already own and/or have already played most of the games here

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1499099514858205184

Cloudpunk started out really amazing, but between my own completionism hunting down all the collectibles needed for a side quest, and the characters VA grating on me (particularly Camus), I never finished it. I should go back and try again especially since they added a first person mode.

That said, still highly recommend spending a sleepless pre-surgery night playing it for a solid 12 hours.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

GhostDog posted:

The first person mode in Cloudpunk is transformative, I can't imagine playing the game with the original camera.

Huxley? I thought he was fun. But I also like Camus unlike apparently a lot of people.

I definitely met Huxley, didn't realize I was late game. Most of the VA just didn't feel very good, his included, but Camus's "I'm just doing the dog from Up but cyberpunk" schtick bugged me almost immediately.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

No one freaking out that the use of UE must mean epic exclusivity?

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

Relin posted:

kentucky route zero isn't very fun to play. or look at. nice bluegrass music though i guess

I enjoyed the first couple acts but the fact that it took 7 years to finish did it a disservice. By 2020, "capitalism bad" had been done in better ways.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

sebmojo posted:

it's actually insane to spend 200 hours over two weeks doing sometihng you don't enjoy as a leisure activity.

So tell me more about being a mod

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

Pwnstar posted:

The story beat in Yakuza where all the main characters realise they have no idea what's actually happening in the plot so they just take their shirts off, put a bunch of money in a big pile and beat the poo poo out of anyone who comes to take it is one of the greatest videogame things of all time.

I know, Yakuza 4 is my favorite and I can't believe so many people dislike it. Even Tanimura has a redemptive aspect in that his taunt is firing a gun into the air.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

Pwnstar posted:

Also shout out to Yakuza 3(?) remake for removing a sidequest with bad portrayal of trans people and adding one where Kiryu meets a trans lady and encourages her to be confident in her relationships and that if her boyfriend doesn't accept who she is then it isn't her fault.

I was nervously waiting for Yakuza to be real lovely the whole time I was playing the series given the conservatism of Japan and the fact that it frequently deals in spaces occupied by marginalized people. Guess I'm glad I played the remakes!

GhostDog posted:

Since you're playing Y4 have fun with Saejima and 1) his sluggish combat until you upgrade him sufficiently and 2) the absolute most uncomfortable moment ever.

Which moment is this?

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

Reading these posts I'm remembering why I blocked that out! Sorry for bringing it up.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

FishMcCool posted:

TFW people generally remember Yakuza 3 for the orphanage but my main memory is:
- Aniki!
- Aniki!
- Aniki!
- Aniki!
- Aniki!
- Aniki!
- Aniki!
- Aniki!
- Aniki!
:psyduck:

Also Yakuza 6

e: and 0 to a lesser extent

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

Serephina posted:

Nthing the sentiment of "Love Shadow of Mordor, didn't finish the sequel".

It's like a fabulous example of "sometimes more is just less", there was a lot of content there but the game peaked early and after I unwittingly touched some of the stuff aimed at keeping people grinding forever (that awful duel system...), it sapped any momentum and pacing and my willingness to do it all again in a new castle.

If anyone else is interested in this game, I'd suggest playing the demo, as it's the first open-world area fully unlimited. You get the good 90% of the game for literally free.

I keep thinking that I should go back to it but the 107 GB install changes my mind every time... There are modern games that look much better and need half that space, plus bandwidth limits have become more or a thing in the past few years. Good lord, the demo even touts the same size!

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

Jack Trades posted:

PCVR games require SteamVR more often than not.

Really? I have an index and have had zero issues running games from Epic's launcher. The drawback is that I can't launch them from steam VR, but I haven't had issues with anything not running. I thought that Oculus store was the walled garden of VR.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

Hwurmp posted:

There's an Open Shift mode where you can turn off the shift timer & oxygen use.

But then how will you know that the meditative ship disassembly game is actually about capitalism?

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

explosivo posted:

Edit: Although I am reading up on this Invasions thing (which, btw, you "get double" XP for enabling meaning if you turn it off you're essentially losing XP) and it sounds kinda poo poo. You get revealed to your invader if you stay in the same spot for too long apparently? Y'know like an elite sniper might do.

Love a multiplayer mode that encourages wannabe nazis to ruin my fun sniper time.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

zoux posted:

I'll say this about Squadrons: playing it in VR and turning your head to look out the cockpit as your S-foils unlock into attack position is pretty much what I thought video games would be like in the future.

Yeah I thought this was a 7/10 budget title with some x-wing/tie fighter nostalgia until I tried it in VR and it was the star wars pilot game of my childhood dreams.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

A good poster posted:

How many of the PC Game Show announcements were Epic Store exclusives?

I'm sorry it was all of them, they're calling it steam's gap year

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

MMF Freeway posted:

I played the epic version and it seemed fine?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

Feels Villeneuve posted:

this is the ideal gamer setup. not reading any replies

OK but you have to tell me, is that a loving PCMCIA mouse?

E or are those screws on the side for attaching like its a serial port or something?