Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Question about the Two Point Hospital DLC: Are they just additional levels on top of the existing campaign? Could I just wait until I am done with the base levels until getting them, or if a sale comes up for them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I am able to play it right now without any shenanigans :v:

It is good but it would be nice to have a dodge with invincibility frames

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
So I found out that the checkpointing in Ori 2 can be a bit fucky currently. I was butting my head against some enemies (Albiet enemies in an area that I am clearly supposed to go to later, and it respawned me in a room with a locked door. With no way out. Oh, and it autosaved.

FORTUNATELY, there is a backup save option on your save slot that keeps track of the last 10 autosaves, so all I lost was about 10 minutes, and even then I went further back than I needed to so I could make sure I did not touch the area until I am actually good and ready. So yeah, could have been worse.

Wanted to post this in case anyone experienced similar and hopefully inform them before they rage quit.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Mar 12, 2020

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Mordja posted:

Was hearing on GB that Ori 2 had some bugs/framerate issues, are those already fixed?

I haven't encountered a framerate issue but I definitely did have a respawn issue where it would respawn you in a place where there is supposed to be an item (Like a sprit light cache) and dump you there even if you had never been there before. I actually had it place me in an area behind a locked door. Fortunately there are backup saves you can use to get yourself out that situation.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
So I finally decided to play Pool Panic, one of my 'bundle trash' games, and it is actually pretty good!

I need to ask, because the art style makes me think it: Will Justin Roiland come out stuttering and cursing in a 'funny' voice at any point in this game?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
So I finally (FINALLY) got around to beating Cuphead today and I was wondering if the Expert mode adds anything like different attacks, instead of being "Now the bosses take more damage to kill"? Not that I am complaining, there way already enough gameplay there and it is absolutely too crazy to expect completely new phases and animations that relatively few players will be willing to see.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Is Journey mode worth starting on if I haven't really played Terraria before? I have it in my library but haven't really played it.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Is Command and Conquer Remastered worth getting even if you do not have any nostalgia for the games?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Late to the party but:

Stickman posted:

If you like Homeworld-style atmospheric RTSes, Deserts of Kharak is top-notch, same for Commandos-style tactical stealth and Shadow Tactics. Heat Signature should also be at the top of the list if you like that sort of game.

I will never not rep this game every chance I get. There is a demo too so if you are interested give that a try.

Also, this is a bit of an aside since it is not on sale, but Desperados 3 is by the same devs, and is basically built on the same systems, and is also extremely good. I think I like it better than Shadow Tactics even.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I got Sherlock Holmes Crimes and Punishments and I am up to the end of the first case and I am pleasantly surprised! I never played the Frogware Sherlock games (Which I hear aside from this game ranges from middling to OK) and truth be told I was expecting some Eurojank (Why did adventure game fans convince themselves that Still Life was anything resembling good?), but this is genuinely compelling!

I do have a few questions: Is it possible to miss clues and deduction space nodes completely? Like, (Just mechanics spoilers here)It says on the deduction space I found all the clues and to make the conclusion, and I have a few, but I feel like I am missing a conclusion due to a node that I just do not have. Makes me want to restart the case. I suppose I could go through some of them to feel them out too.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jul 8, 2020

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Hwurmp posted:

You can switch up your brain nodes to arrive at different conclusions, although only one will be correct.

I get that but is it possible to completely miss a brain node?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Also for Sherlock Crime and Punishments it says at the end of the case it can check your conclusion, but it may spoil the game? Does it, really?

EDIT: Nevermind, I kind of answered my own question.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Jul 8, 2020

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Seconding that it is real good. By the people who made Gone Home but had the misfortune of coming out when walking sims fell out of vogue.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Forgive me, this is more a Microsoft PC Game Pass question, but will Grounded be on Game Pass even after its proper launch? I played a little (hurr) of it last night and as someone who is generally cool on survival sims, I actually wanted to play more of it (Despite the Giant Damned Spiders. Probably going to notch that Arachnophobia Filter up) and the only reason I did not was I didn't want to burn myself out on it.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

explosivo posted:

Yeah they wouldn't take it off once the game came out. I played some of it earlier today too and was pleasantly surprised but it is definitely another one of those games, so if you don't want to craft or forage for food and poo poo then stay away. It hard crashed on me a few times so I might wait a bit on it too.

Oh yeah it definitely isn't all that different for any of the other survival games I played but the aesthetic has me captivated.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Speaking of Invisible Inc I finally got back to it after letting it sleep in my backlog.

How do I restart levels? I was on beginner so I should have that option enabled. I can’t find the option though.

Cool game, though I hosed up my second mission because I too long finding the locker (and I did not realize I needed a security card from the guards). Ended up aborting the mission with one agent escaping. Will just restart altogether

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I am pretty sure it is not the case, but the terrible baseball man isn't seeing a cent from this rerelease, right?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Yami Fenrir posted:

If you just never want to stop attacking, Lance is the way to go.

It's not the fastest weapon (that'd probably be Dual Blades), but Lance gives zero fucks and you can just attack straight through monster attacks via Counters. It's also a good solo weapon cuz you're nearly immortal with it.

All the weapons are good in their own way, but Lance has arguably the most complete kit out of all of them. That said, my personal favorite is the Switch Axe and is also a great newbie weapon, with the Axe form being very maneuverable and the Sword form bringing the power and the explosions :torgue:

Do not use the Great Sword unless you are good at the game. You are not Cloud Strife with it, it is just a large sharp piece of metal that you lug around.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
If anyone wants to play the Ghostrunner demo, for the love of god, bind dash to anything else that is easier to access. Your pinky finger will thank you.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Question on Terraria: What size world should I play on, for my first time? (Well, not really, but more like first time to really commit to it)

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

kirbysuperstar posted:

The good news is the shooting is better and it doesn't look too bad visually. Everything else, though, aaaahh...well.

I remember when I way playing seeing a man and a little girl in the wasteland, clearly a riff on Joel and Ellie from TLOU, but whatever. So I go up to them for a conversation and...nothing. Can't do anything with them. Except maybe shoot them but I am not a dick. From everything else I read since that seems to be the experience in a microcosm.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
So how is Unity of Command 2? I do have the first game, and while I liked what I played I did not quite stick with it. $15 is tempting for the sequel though.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
This has probably been asked before, but is there a case where steam actually does something to your account if you keep getting refunds after the "Please stop making so many refunds" request?

Eau de MacGowan posted:

E: absolutely the worst thing about mankind divided is the phrase ‘mechanical apartheid’

'Member when Black Lives Matter was starting up at the time and they decided to co-op language from that into its tortured metaphor in the ad campaign and their response when called out on it was "Nuh uh"?

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Nov 25, 2020

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
So I just played the Creeper World 4 demo and despite the "My First Game" (Which is funny given that its the fourth one of these) title, it is extremely good! I mean, I heard good things from everyone who played it but it just turns out that games that people that are good actually may be good! :v:

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Ciaphas posted:

Immortals: Fenyx Rising is proving to be a miss, for me

The combat is samey and weightless, the VA makes me cringe, and the animations all look extremely strange; but controlling the main character and doing all that good BotW exploration felt good, and despite the animation I do like the artwork and overall style

When I played it, I felt that it was less BotW and more PS2 Era Mascot Action Adventure. The kind you would rent for the weekend at Blockbuster.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Ciaphas posted:

yeah, maybe I'm giving the gliding too much credit :v:

Oh, don’t get me wrong, I thought it was pleasant in that way!

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
About Subnautica: Is there, like, a hard time limit other than the thirst and hunger meters? I got it while it was free on Epic and played a bit of the starting area

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
So is Astroneer a good game to play solo?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
So is Bugsnax worth the bit more than $10 on the Epic Sale? I know this is the Steam thread but the Epic thread is on one right now so I am asking here.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Got Anodyne 2 because it was basically $5 on Epic and I was surprised that I am actually kind of digging it, even though I could not get into the first one.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Serephina posted:

If this means what I think it means, in that the game has long stretches of low engagement where you can focus your attention elsewhere while still 'playing'... that's really not a glowing endorsement, you know!

You know, people like to chill when playing video games, sometimes?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Mordja posted:

Chances of an incredibly bored-sounding Harrison Ford voicing Indy?? (Next to zero.)

Tired: A bored Harrison Ford voicing for a video game

Wired: Harrison Ford in a Mo-Cap suit, wishing for death.

Decided to play Dying Light on a whim again. It really does annoy me that the main character willingly destroys essential medicine as a plot point. Even more so nowadays.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Kibayasu posted:

I mean, that’s the point. You aren’t supposed to think “Well that was a difficult decision but blindly following the orders of a faceless government organization was probably the right call.”

I get that its the point and the protag does regret it almost immediately. And really, what is a story if it is not a series of bad decisions? But just because it is meant to be dumb and monstrous...well, I guess it worked way too well because I still hate his rear end.

EDIT: Does this make sense?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Artelier posted:

Me, trying to write: I'm in this post and I don't like it .

My posts are the worst Isekai setting

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Sinteres posted:

I was never going to buy it on EGS anyway, but 1 for free and 2 for 80% off is an insane deal for anyone who doesn't have it on Steam or really wants to play 3 ASAP.

The big question for me is 80% of what? $60? $20? If it just turns out to be a bit more than $5 then I would be mostly good, even though I was going in with the expectation that I would not even need to pay at all since I already own H2.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Has anyone played Going Under? I hear good things and I heard that only thing it did wrong was releasing at the same time as Hades.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Galaga Galaxian posted:

More people should play Deep Rock Galactic. Its the best L4D/Vermintide style mission-based horde shooter in a long time. Hell, the pubbies are remarkably non-toxic the vast majority of the time (The game does a lot of little and big things to create a strong sense of comradery in its dwarves). And its a real blast with other goons exploring proceedurally generated caves (Which are usually varied, interesting, and neat), mining minerals, and shooting bugs.

We have beer!

The soundtrack is some great stuff too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gi1CASWEkt4

I should get back into that. And yes, for the most part pubbies are more than happy to help you out.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Orv posted:

I just tried it and the look of it is fantastic and I did not like the actual combat at all, especially since I found what was probably an optional boss before getting any new weapons.

I was in the same boat.

"HERE IS A FIRE SPELL"

Awesome!

"IT DOES NOTHING TO ZOMBIES. BUT YOU CAN BLOW UP BARRELS AND YOU HAVE A HEAVY STICK. THE ZOMBIES GO DOWN IN 3 TO 4 HITS."

Oh, okay then. Just a warm up for the REAL weapons in this game.

"HERE IS A THUNDER SPELL"

Now we are talking!

"IT ONLY STUNS ZOMBIES BUT OTHERWISE IT DOES NOTHING."

I...okay...

"SPEAKING OF ZOMBIES HERE IS A BUNCH MORE OF THEM"

Alright I am buying this expensive sword.

"IT IS ONLY BARELY BETTER THAN THE STICK"

OH FOR FU

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Feb 5, 2021

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

MonkeyforaHead posted:

Wasn't there some whole big back-and-forth lawsuit with SCO vs SC4 about who had ownership of one of the alien races? How'd that all end up panning out?

I actually heard they settled on agreeable terms to both parties, supposedly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Finally the Driller has his signature powerdrills, which let him burrow through granite like it was butter. As a "Driller Main" you can get pretty creative with this, clearing obstacles and opening up sightlines for your allies, digging out buried treasure, or creating shortcuts, ramps, or otherwise modifying the terrain to make things easier for your team.

You forgot "Being able to ignore the level design during escapes by just pointing towards the escape pod waypoint and drilling" :colbert: