Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Speaking of face masks - does anyone else have an issue with their mask trying to slide up their face into their eyes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
It's 3am and I can still feel the mask I wore all day, even though I took it off about 5 hours ago.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Infinitum posted:

A historic and proud day for Collingwood, finally free of Eddie

"People have latched on to my tone-loving deaf opening line last week and as a result I have become a lightning rod for extremely valid and on point criticism"

Saw his speech earlier on ABC24 - not a single loving word or thought in it which wasn't about himself.

"I was a self-centred arse and people called me out and that hurt my feelings." He even had a bit of a sob as he went on.

Nothing about the victims of racial abuse. Nothing about what the club can do moving forward to help and compensate them.

Just stood there and played the victim with tears in his eyes. It was disgusting.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Who picks up if they don't know the number?

Unless I'm expecting a call from an unknown number, I set my phone to block all incoming calls and messages which aren't in my contacts.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Bill Posters posted:

They're intentionally bad. They only want to fool the absolute dumbest people so they don't waste any time grooming people who might figure out the scam later on. They still make bank regardless.

I kept getting ones purporting to be from Powercorp and Optus, but I've never used either company so that was pretty fun. Had to install an app to stop them calling because I couldn't do it through Android, probably because of how they spoofed their ID.

A co-worker's parents who are well into their 80s and have never owned a computer and still have a landline get constant calls about problems with their Windows installation and internet connection. Never get a landline. The amount to scam calls they apparently get a day is insane. Like, about 30 calls. Most in the evening when they're trying to have tea.

Also, a landline apparently cost around $60 a month. For something which only does phone calls. loving scam to rip off the olds.

And my condolences to everyone who can't just block all this poo poo.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Feb 10, 2021

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Lolie posted:

Some of my Victorian friends are losing their poo poo.

Have they tried looking in the toilet?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Carlos Lantana posted:

Noone got detention because they were still beating children with sticks.
I got beaten a bit.

I went to a bunch of different schools growing up in the 70s and 80s and I'll never forget the last one I attended. A teacher broke one of those metre long wooden rulers across the back of a kid's legs for the horrible crime of not paying attention in class. Not making a nuisance, just not staring in rapt attention at the loving psychopath of a teacher.

This was the also same school where I got suspended for a week for not being "respectful" and standing for a minute's silence after a student in my class got killed.

While he was trying to rape someone.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

McSpergin posted:

:stonklol: you're not serious right

He tried to pull her off her horse when she was out riding, the horse kicked him in the chest.

It was not a nice school (no country schools are) and he was the worst person there.

I knew the girl because all the farming families knew each other and very quickly heard what happened. So, when they held a special assembly of the entire school, I really wasn't in the mood. We were all told to stand up for a minute's silence, I said no. I also said why.

And the rest is :decorum:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Zazi posted:

my new house had drifts of rat poo poo in it. Just pulling up the carpet, pouring piles of rat poo poo onto the floorboards. Rat mess on the walls. Desiccated rat skull poking through the hole the wires to the meters came out. Saw a rat the other day walking two legged carrying a chewed up nectarine. Found a half-eaten fig in the shed, we don't even have a fig tree (do figs come on trees?).

I grew in lovely rural hellsville and distinctly remember the mouse plagues in the 80s. Usually in the middle of the night after a stressful day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWVw-j8eYSk&t=33s

I'll never forget the time we knocked the door off a silo and a wave of rats came pouring out. The loving stench of mouse piss and poo poo, fermented mouse remains all squished into a heap at the bottom of the silo and tonnes of ruined grain was actually worse than being almost knee deep in a brown tidal wave of vermin.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Haven't had a portello in ages.

Gonna buy a bottle next time I'm down the supermarket. loving wonderful stuff.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Never even heard of Kole Beer flavour before. I'll try to hunt some down.

Infinitum posted:

The gently caress is a portello, and why is it only available in Vic for some reason?

Do you like raspberry lemonade?

It's like that. But better.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Just ordered some Kole Beer from ebay because I'm off work for the next few days after a covid test and have nothing better to do with my time than importing soft drinks from the sandgropers.

Infinitum posted:

Oh, you mean

Not too far off, really.

Bundy is loving quality stuff.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

well why not posted:

what i don’t quite get is why kpop latched on to trap beats so strongly

Korea's been into traps since long before Kpop.

I don't know why anyone likes that stuff, but the elders lose their minds over it.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

EoinCannon posted:

Andrew Bolt moved there and last time I was there I saw Blair Cottrell so it seems to be attracting some top drawer folks

Someone mentioned the white beaches there and he misunderstood.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Lolie posted:

The Guardian is reporting that some of the walk in vaccination hubs in Victoria have a 3 hour wait time.

I was so lucky when I got my test, less than an hour and a half sitting in the car waiting.

Also, after almost a year and a half not getting sick in the slightest because of masks and sanitising*, apparently my immune system has turned to wet tissue paper.

I'm currently on day 5 of the worst flu of my life and still sick as a goddamn god.

* which was pretty loving nice, gotta say.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Lolie posted:

They predicted that would happen due to people not getting any background exposure to bugs last year.

Well, it's back to licking doorknobs for me, then.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Neddy Seagoon posted:

That's pretty much what the news said too :v:. The short version is it SEEMS to be the family that popped up to NSW's for a sneaky vacay. Though of course that just raises further questions.

The real concern is it potentially got into a school in North Melbourne, and the Delta variant IS one that can do a number on kids as well as adults, so there's 300-odd students now waiting to find out if they've got it :ohdear:.

ABC24 chyron said that some kid in grade 5 tested positive.

EDIT: can't find anything on their site, though.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Humphreys posted:

Are there any companies that buy from Ikea but charge you less than the bullshit $269 for furniture freight?

I've used the Big Swedish Store Run a couple of times and haven't had any issues. I also know a bunch of other people who've used them with good results.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Neddy Seagoon posted:

How is it any time there's an outbreak like this they have a whole day-trip itinerary to infect people with? It's never just "stopped in at Woolies between 4:20pm and 4:40pm", it's always this whole winding trip of shops, cafes, and bars throughout the day just to make sure COVID gets as many places as possible.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

McSpergin posted:

The Wagners in Toowoomba who are basically rich as gently caress and own an airport capable of landing a 737 or A320 (from memory) offered to build a purpose built quarantine facility at their airport or near enough to it for 1000 beds

Government knocked it back, because hey we don't want to see white people in what looks like a detention centre they're reserved for the non-whites

Now that Dutton is no longer minister for Home Affairs, Drowning Asylum Seekers and Administration of Paperbag Tests, maybe the federal LNP will start doing something to help contain

and no, I can't even finish that sentence.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Neddy Seagoon posted:

That's not really a surprise, the only two variants running around Melbourne are Delta and Kappa atm. We're somewhat lucky it was the Delta variant and not Kappa.

The Delta variant was everywhere for a while.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dE-Tbd0LRPw

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Laserface posted:

Of course now that I've dropped $500 on em some boomer rear end in a top hat is gonna shut down the season with covid. I see it now.

I guarantee some Boomer who's already coughing up pus is either on their way to the snow or already there, insisting they don't need a mask because it's just the flu.

And by some, I mean hundreds.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

McSpergin posted:

Fuckin sparkies

I was going to get a small A/C for the room where I have the computer set up. I got quotes from both Bunnings and the Good Guys, both were under a grand for the install.

Whirlpool is a STEM brained cesspool, but they come in useful for asking questions like that. Their horrible group mind recommended either those companies because they use dedicated installers and make sure they do a decent job and don't overcharge so it doesn't blow back against their image.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Infinitum posted:

Me at work unable to see poo poo because my glasses keep fogging up from my mask

I modify the poo poo of my masks to get them to stop fogging up.

I pull the wire out so I can pull them right up under the nosepieces so the top of the mask is secured. If I leave the wire in, my glasses don't sit right.

Then I roll the side down slightly to stop it trying to slide into my eyes and staple it in place. (I mean staple the mask over onto itself, not staple it to my actual face)

Then, because that makes the mask shorter, I unstick one of the folds.

Takes about three or four minutes but means I barely have to worry about fogging at all during a shift.

Yes, it's a nuisance doing it every time. But if you're wearing a mask all day every day, it's well worth the effort.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Laserface posted:

Wentworthville woolies sold out of toilet paper and we arent even in lockdown.

I hope these cunts wipe their assholes raw.

Yet again showing that bidets are the superior option as I type this while smugly hosing down my bunghole.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Masks are loving annoying as hell to wear with glasses so why is it that 99% of the people dicknosing it around town don't wear them?

If you're not wearing glasses why do it?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Great, now I've got that loving song in my head.

EDIT: I was going to get vaxxed up, but everywhere near me (literally within 75km) is the blood clot one. Does anyone know when the Pfizer one is going to become available again.

I know the risk is low, but I've lost three relatives over the years to clots, so it's not something I take lightly.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Jun 29, 2021

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Laserface posted:

the bear pit is gone

Well, there go my plans for tomorrow. I was going to ask if you wanted to come with.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Polar Fleece blankets are where it's at for cold winter nights. Sooo warm and toasty.

If your doona isn't warm enough, get a second doona.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
This woman has been driven insane trying to buy a new hand held showerhead

My cheap ebay showerhead finally broke and I'm trying to find a new one which either has good water pressure or can be modified so it has good pressure. Yes, this is why my cheap one finally broke, I drilled out the "water saving" bit in the handle and put too much pressure through it. But it lasted over a year, which is good enough for something that only set me back $20.

Now, I'm on the hunt for a new one and went to Kogan to see what they had. Turns out, what they have is the same showerhead over and over, but with different prices.

Someone tell me what the difference is between all of these, beyond their price:

$82.79
$51.42
$51.20
$41.93
$49.76
$39.57
$17.28
$16.82

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Infinitum posted:

It's not a race guys

Scotty doesn't even see race.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

NSW state politicians are already making noises about giving up on the lockdowns and just learning to live with the virus, and are passing the blame onto community members not doing their part

No way to prevent this says only state to ignore lockdown effectiveness.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Caesar Saladin posted:

shoutout to my high school doing expensive hair tests to drug test students instead of a normal piss test like an actual proper paying job might do

Can't have teachers near dinguses.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Decided to shave off my beard last night - that was a mistake. Now my stubble is making my mask stick to my face like velcro and is driving me insane.

So, there's a tip for New South Welsh goons - go hairy early.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Infinitum posted:

"We have to rely on people to do the right thing"
*takes the whole loving family grocery shopping*

People did this poo poo with the Victoria lockdowns.

"Gotta take the kids shopping to get them out of the house for a bit. And if we're doing that, why not bring nan, too?'

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Balllarat's okay. Fukken cold but.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

quote:

Victoria has recorded its eleventh consecutive day without a locally-acquired COVID-19 case.

Also, Victorians are being urged to come home before the borders are sealed with NSW.

Hope they're also being urged to loving isolate or that zero figure is going to change real soon.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

:sickos:

Let's have every single ex-PM call out ScoMo for the useless oval office he is.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

I mean Pfizer was always going to say this because they know who pays them.

But I'd bet a ball that the Libs contacted them and demanded they release this statement.

Now we just wait for Rudd to release a video of him having dinner with the Pfizer execs and one saying, "Thanks Kev, without you we never would have sent those other 10million doses. Australia owes you a huge debt given that the Australian government hasn't made any effort to contact us for months."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

The PM's earlier statement was also worded very very carefully to look like it was completely dismissing Rudd's claims without actually contradicting any of them

That's what makes it even funnier.

So when the inevitable evidence of Rudd moving things along comes out, the LNP and Mr Potatohead can all try to roll it back and just look like even bigger idiots.

It's the big brain political thinking you'd find in a children's show where the baddies are frightening but also very stupid.