Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

steinrokkan posted:

Permanent ban on all passenger air travel.

and automobiles except buses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Lard is awesome. Neutral flavor, high smoke point, cheap, and it makes things really crispy

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Are we all dead yet

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
hope they enjoy their last vacation

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Shaocaholica posted:

Wait what’s an Assad truther?

An Assad truther claims the entire rebellion against Assad in Syria was somehow manufactured by the CIA

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
If he's so masculine, why did he look so good in those tiny shorts?

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I got myself a high efficiency filter capable of catching viruses and set it behind a box fan of equal size. Not sure whether it catches sars-cov-2, but at least it smells pleasantly neutral in here all the time now. Way cheaper than buying an air cleaner.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

unpacked robinhood posted:

Are you wearing it on your face ?

No, I just carry it around whenever I'm out of the house

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Really appreciating that this worker is named Lenin

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Racism is a tried and true approach for maintaining the status quo

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

remigious posted:

None at all :( so...refund it is!

I want to go to a concert before October 2021

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Empty Sandwich posted:

has anybody said "Faucian bargain" yet

New thread title please

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
You get clots and then all your organs are hosed up unless you take a vitamin D supplement

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
It's the history of all hitherto existing society, really

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
If you're able to purchase things in a way that causes problems, that's the fault of the economic system

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Consider establishing a workers dictatorship imo

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I've got some bad news on the state of the USPS

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr posted:

COVID is 3x the cop killer compared to guns:

Where's that from? Seems wrong for anything to come close to automobiles from my recollection of reading about this years ago

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

other people posted:

rather die than taste (non-magic) mushrooms :colbert:

enjoy your chicken nuggets

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

other people posted:

im vegetarian :smug:

Guess you won't mind me taking those nuggz off your hands

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/DeAnna4Congress/status/1312037149546614786

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Are they dead yet? Are we dead yet?

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

What's up with his ear?

Poor circulation due to clotting

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Son of Rodney posted:

Am I overreacting or am I going crazy by wondering what the gently caress is going on with people that they think this isn't a big deal anymore? I'm relatively young but the more I hear about long term consequences the less I want to infect myself with this, I don't have the best immune system anyway.

It's hard to experience being right while everyone else is wrong. I also don't understand why so few people don't seem to care about developing things like heart damage or permanent brain fog

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Oscillating the mic, oldest trick in the book

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
The only way to understand the behavior of the chuds is to read The Destruction Of Reason by Gyorgy Lukacs

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
A workers dictatorship would be capable of stopping covid, in my opinion

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Euros are just Americans who eat pizza with a fork

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

smoobles posted:

Are KN95s as good as N95s?

No, but they're the next best thing that's commonly available

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

other people posted:

heck no im going to party hard

Superb username/post combo

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

boar guy posted:

...i'm the rear end in a top hat? the 'two sides of the position' aren't equally correct and i may have been a little bit blunt about it but i'm tired of giving anything away to people that are making my life demonstrably worse with their actions. gently caress your feelings, guy, the virus sure doesn't care about 'em

It was quite rude of you to make him feel bad for doing the wrong thing

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Who wants to ride a hellboat?

quote:

Cruise stocks rose Friday after the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention announced it will replace its nearly 8-month old no-sail order with a less restrictive “Conditional Sailing Order.”

The no-sail order expires Saturday. The new conditional order will remain in effect until either Nov. 1, 2021, the expiration of the Department of Health and Human Services’ declaration of a public health emergency or when CDC Director Dr. Robert Redfield decides to end it.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/30/cruise-stocks-rise-as-cdc-eases-covid-sailing-restrictions-on-industry.html

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Cruises are like traveling abroad for people who are scared of foreigners, I think?

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Hopper posted:

What is so appealing about it to you?

Coronavirus gimmick

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

smoobles posted:

The curve of this new spike is genuinely horrifying, I can't stop lol'ing from fear. We are going to be at 150,000 new cases per day before it slows again

I'm so unhappy. Trapped at home with my wife and kid until spring, at best. Every time I go outside, hardly anyone is wearing a mask. I drive through downtown amd see people sitting outside at restaurants like everything is fine. This is crushing. I feel so hopeless, but at least my income is mostly intact, unlike many others.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty sure being cooped up here for 8 months has caused my kid to regress emotionally, but there's no way that's worse than getting covid

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Another Bill posted:

I'm a rapping Canadian

Please, no Tom MacDonald

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Tagra posted:

I am definitely starting to have "I am out in public and talking to these people who are getting really close to me and OH NO I FORGOT TO WEAR MY MASK?!???" dreams, and I don't really feel like I've struggled with things at all compared to most people.

If only we could somehow buy stock in therapy.

Yes, I dreamed about finding myself trapped in a restaurant full of unmasked people a couple weeks ago. It was really upsetting, so I can only imagine what it's like for people who actually work in restaurants!

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

bob dobbs is dead posted:

stephen kings the stand had a cop as the second superspreader, the army guard guy as the first

you can deffo see cops being a standard for superspreader. mostly chuds, talk to a lotta strangers

In today's sad Thanksgiving parade in Manhattan, the only people without masks were cops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Guy Axlerod posted:

That just makes more patients

Do nurses get paid overtime?