Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Hillary 2020 posted:

Jesus Christ, this desperate burning need to turn Boris into Strong Daddy.

He also spent the whole night responding to everyone's replies over and over and over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Jel Shaker posted:

there’s no magic english word that can only be spoken like a native i think , maybe innit ?

It is extremely annoying to hear americans say "bruv"

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

MikeCrotch posted:

The Labour right have the fundamental problem that they can't grasp that New Labour failed on its own merits. None of them can ever answer the question about why Labour got smashed in 2010 if Blairism/Brownism is so great.

It's because every single instance that Gordon Brown would go to say something, his jaw would drop open and just hang there for a disturbingly long time.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Found a new type of poo poo. I call it Runny Brown Oily d13

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

i loving hate the queen.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

its going to be like that show about people working at the airport, but orders of magnitude more boring

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

XMNN posted:

the one with David Williams and Matt Lucas in black face?

no the one following the easyjet desk manager around all day

“it’s 2pm, and Nigel has finally found time to take his lunch break.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

the best thing about England is they can’t make me pay my student loans back

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

gently caress England.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

huh didnt know you could win $100,000 from a high school bully for libel

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Uh...yeah it's tyranny what the gently caress did you expect this is England we're talking about.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Hillary 2024 posted:

I wish being this stupid was painful.

Instead it's intoxicating.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

i like that he has a little sore on his face right there above his lip. nice touch

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

1% of 20,000 is 200.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

NO gently caress YOU DAD posted:

To be fair to your mate, being 17 is all about saving up for a fedora

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

It's great that every page is now 50% Americans desperately trying to get in a burn on literally the only European country worse than theirs

ive got a purple passport and a green card and BOTH THESE loving PLACES loving SUCK EVERYWHERE SUCKS gently caress THIS WORLD

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

CoolCab posted:

there are no prizes awarded and no one is impressed by your excessively performative nonsense? it has this energy of the guy buying a movie ticket to a film he knows he doesn't like so he can make a big scene about demanding his money back. it's weird and the worker at the theater who is forced into being there doesn't deserve nor enjoy your weird stunt. frustrating sometimes.

tough loving poo poo i can hate england and you can't shut me up go gently caress yourself

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

CoolCab posted:

if u wanna jerk off please do it anywhere else. fuckin who do you think your audience is you fuckin weirdo

my audience is me you think im here to make you happy or agree with you or something?

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

what is there to say? England is run by boris johnson and the only opposition is a guy who looks like a toffee apple. The country is full of people who hate anyone who doesn't have curled purple hair, brown tights, and pushes one of those metal carrier things down to the shops at 7am to post a letter. it's a pile of poo poo and most of our countrymen love it.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

CoolCab posted:

lots! i hate it here and have been building an complex and distressingly accurate model of exactly how it is awful, why it is awful and how it is getting worse. i express this via good posts, saying things that are interesting, funny or in any way worth reading. you actually included something in your post other than just frothing annoyingly. aim for that!
Yes I know I'm sorry, it's an emotional topic of discussion :glomp:

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

CoolCab posted:

there is absolutely no more damning indictment of cspam than the literal fuckin clowncar of people who come out to reassert their right to post terrible. not even like, to defend a friend or against a bad moderation decision or anything else. the second you say "you're all incredibly unfunny and post incomprehensibly badly" you get thirty assholes coming in to say "how dare you attack our most sacred tradition, i'll show you unfunny!" over like thirty posts

well yeah, you've been on SA long enough why is that a surprise?

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Judakel posted:

Thank you! If only more English felt this way, I wouldn't get so much pushback in this thread. Sometimes, I wonder if the country is beyond saving.

Of course it is. We can't even grow weed to cope.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

multijoe posted:

I thought strike actions were exploding across the country right now? There might be a huge cadre of card carrying marxist-leninists right now but it seems like febrile ground for labour power to develop

the lower classes of jobs are seeing two things happen - workers have had enough of slavery and are starting to get that growing feeling that you're mentioning..however, while that's happening, the jobs themselves are doing the same thing they've been doing for a decade, which is running every resume through bots that throw them all in the trash at the slightest wrong answer on a 150 question personality quiz, don't give any rejection notices, not hiring anyone, lumping the work onto the suckers too scared to jump ship, and spending the profits on billboards about how everyone's lazy. I can't find it now but there was a tweet a few days ago by a journalist who applied for 50 menial jobs and heard nothing back at all.

the upper levels of work are still continuing along with dutiful employees who aren't having their lives wrecked yet so they don't care much. i don't think many people making anything above $30/hr know about anything like /antiwork

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

so we're in agreement, but out methods of shitposting are different.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

gonadic io posted:

I'm just glad that loving clapping stopped. at the time I lived on a street of flats and it was the absolute worst

it was howling here in colorado...all the lamest people in your neighborhood sticking their faces outdoors at 6pm to "help"...never lived around so many other white people before it's so terrible

i am harry has issued a correction as of 02:40 on Oct 26, 2021

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Kaveman posted:

Nice of the nurses to ask for a pay rise that soon got them to stop clapping

That's really considerate on the part of the nurses.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

endlessmonotony posted:

It can't be just genetics, you would need Habsburg level dedication.

While all that head-measuring stuff is clearly bullshit, there is a certain, quintessential British skull shape

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Jose posted:

Lmao Owen Paterson got busted for lobbying and the Tories want to overhaul the rules so he doesn't get punished
let's just dissolve the concept of punishment for politicians like in america

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

how the living gently caress can you even write the words "distressed man" without almost retching?

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

ah, those distinctly british skulls i was talking about

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

maybe we can all clap afterwards

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

i was so loving jealous of the kids who got this in their sandwiches when i was 6

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

in a just society, we would create a position staffed by a member of the public, who rotates out each week, and whose sole responsibility is to walk past keith and mess up his stupid hair

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Jose posted:

This former wikileaks employee is maybe the worst person working in British media right now. Just unbelievably smug while being intensely stupid

https://twitter.com/jamesrbuk/status/1463429761695367168?t=aIqHyUCs6Y-GWMnsPqZnVw&s=19

yes i did in the end the wolf gets the entire NHS

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

https://twitter.com/Kit_Yates_Maths/status/1464352948675301389?s=20

I miss Gordon Brown?

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Futanari Damacy posted:

It was only a matter of time.

I don't like your island.

imagine possessing one of these stupid loving worthless passports

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

happyhippy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgq4fw6o8Gc

Cassetteboy outdoes his usual self with this.

Should be blasted at Downing St from now on

i saw cassetteboy followed by dj yoda ~16 years ago in bristol and was just thinking about him the other day :glomp:

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

this bag came in the mail today in one of those snacks from around the world boxes…

I read the words and then looked at the rest of the packet…depressing. deflating.

I don’t know why but I immediately thought of Keir Starmer

i am harry has issued a correction as of 04:50 on Jan 23, 2022

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

how could she possibly be sacked for that?! boris himself is muslim!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

is this one of the russian-compromised members of parliament?