Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Slim Pickens posted:

Just wanna make sure this carries over to the new thread because lmao

https://twitter.com/kaymtye/status/1223310647703662592?s=19

smashmouth eat the eggs, smash the bourgeoisie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Hekk posted:

How is Ethiopia? It's on my bucket list of places to visit in Africa.

Addis Ababba is a gorgeous city, and the countryside is really neat too. Go see the stone-hewn churches.

Honestly not a big fan of the food though. Something about injera :shrug:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

shame on an IGA posted:

TBF Hillary did flip a lot of unexpected states

:wow:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

ElMaligno posted:

Remember:
Hope is a mistake

I must not hope.
Hope is the mind-killer.
Hope is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my hope.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the hope has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/BreakingNews/status/560712682

check the date

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

NOOB BITCH IDIOT CORNFUCKERS

https://twitter.com/russelneiss/status/1224537598271676417

IT'S A WHOLE loving THREAD OF COIN FLIPS FOR CAUCUS TIEBREAKERS

Meanwhile: https://twitter.com/ec_schneider/status/1224545155648233473

Might as well be playing calvinball.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/headfallsoff/status/1224558755972558848

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

maffew buildings posted:

They're going to have a contested convention or whatever it's called, do everything to ensure bernie doesn't get nominated, lose to trump again and then go haywire doing everything to prevent any more progressives/getting rid of the ones there. Everyone under 40 will be told this is our fault.

I hope I'm really wrong here but, well

The convention is going to be loving lit, and I mean literally.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

bird cooch posted:

Dude. You are pretty wild with this nonsense.

It's exactly what happened 4 years ago, right down to millennials being blamed for not coming out to vote*.

*for the shittiest candidate since Dukakis

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Acebuckeye13 posted:

What in the world do you think the DNC has done that is on the same level as forgery, wiretapping, burglary, or loving:

It doesn't have to be as bad as Nixon to still be really loving bad.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Or that our primary/electoral system is in need of a massive, massive overhaul.

Nope, sorry, this is What the Founding Fathers Intended™.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Handsome Ralph posted:

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

I think the past four years have pretty well established that it could easily be both.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Biden has absolutely no desire to see the results released

Honestly I'm OK with any outcome for this shitshow, as long as it torpedoes Biden's chances. The other non-Bernie candidates aren't great, but Biden as president would arguably be worse in the long run than four more years of Trump (assuming he would even beat him).

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

bird cooch posted:

I cannot believe you guys are so quick to drink the Kool-Aid. None of the campaigns are challenging any of this stuff, it's all Twitter screeching. Come on. Most of you were dumb enough to enlist once and figure it out.

Probably because many people realize the importance of nominating a non-lovely candidate, and aren't going to be all "alas, my preferred candidate didn't win on his own merits, but at least the system is working as intended :)"

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

:thunk:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

loving butterbar

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Smiling Jack posted:

holy poo poo the Bernie :tinfoil: crew complaining about poo poo that hasn't even happened yet is annoying as gently caress

if you're so concerned about the vast nefarious dnc media conspiracy to prevent fully automated gay space communism go volunteer and knock on some doors or whatever instead

I'm doing both so smdftb

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

EBB posted:

I was on the fence about Warren and Bernie until I realized that Warren was Diet Bernie and gently caress if I'm buying diet-anything in Hellworld.

I started out with Warren because she was diet Bernie, as in I thought her policies would be more palatable to the general public. Then she started walking back her policies, like "we'll do m4a in my third year, pinky swear" and I realized how stupid that line of thought is. Bernie or Bust.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Defenestrategy posted:

I have to say if a billionaire wants into anything bigger than city dog catcher he's probably looking for a grift of some sort whether its for him or his bros, because if he wants to affect real change he has the ability to do it without having some sort of public office. So regardless of how not lovely Tom Steyer may appear to be, he's an rear end in a top hat for doing that. It's confusing as to why nobody's asked him if he cared so much about america that he would invest in a presidential run, why not give St. Jude an entire operating budget for FY2020, or fund the Warchests of various politicians who are trying to do good, or really any number of things that will do immediate and useful good instead of possibly reaching the presidency and getting hamstrung by a red senate?

:agreed:

He may have good intentions, but all of them are meaningless as long as he remains a billionaire. Just one more lovely oligarch.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Oh hey cool it's the logical outcome of politicians jerking off about how important their military service is.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Honestly I'm conflicted about the idea of mandatory service. On one hand, mandatory service sucks, and I sure as hell don't want Trump 2.0: Now With Competence™ to have a legion of conscripts at his disposal. On the other hand, we effectively already have mandatory service for many people, as a means to escape poverty. But since it's legally voluntary, we can easily brush off sending them to die in forever wars as "they knew what they signed up for".

So, land of contrasts, etc.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm really starting to understand why people have such a kneejerk reaction to "liberal" climate policies.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

This is it, this HAS to be the dumbest thing he's ever tweeted.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It really can't be understated how pervasive the FYGM virus is in American politics.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Don Dongington posted:

Maybe don't have your elections on a loving Tuesday.

But then how will we discourage poor people from voting :confused:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Bernie's VP will most likely be a moderate, to help bridge the divide between himself and the establishment. If Warren is to have a role in his administration, my guess would be something like Secretary of Labor or Secretary of Commerce.

Bernie picking a moderate VP would be a terrible idea considering the non-zero chance that he could die in office, and it could potentially embolden moderate Dem congressmen to bilaterally impeach and remove him for whatever bullshit the Republicans cook up.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Acebuckeye13 posted:

yeah see here's the thing, winning the election is the most important priority right now, and Bernie selecting a more moderate/establishment VP (depending on who they are) would be the best and most visible way Sanders can get the moderate vote on board. You don't like them, I don't like them, but their votes are going to be extremely important for keeping the House, winning the Senate, and beating Trump—and if that means selecting someone who's power in office is extremely limited, but can be used to get more voters on board, then so be it.

OTOH, picking a moderate VP would signal to the leftists that he's not as serious about his policies and that he's willing to compromise to gain a political advantage, which is exactly the opposite of what they see in him. It could depress turnout from them just as badly as it would for moderates with a super left VP. Personally I'd rather go all the way because we NEED to go all the way. No more half measures.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I mean the counterpoint here is that there's a hell of a lot more moderates uneasy about Sanders than there are leftists who would sit out just because Sanders chose... (spins roulette wheel) Mark Warner. And considering how important winning the Senate and keeping the House is, without which Sanders couldn't accomplish anything anyway, it's more than worth spending a do-nothing position on a more establishment-friendly moderate rather than ramping up "maximum leftism" and then losing the Senate and accomplishing very little over the next four years.

And, dude... it's politics. Compromise is the name of the game, and Sanders himself knows that very well. If you're hoping for someone who can singlehandedly bring about a communist revolution from the White House, you're going to be severely disappointed regardless of who gets in the White House.

(you're also forgetting the value of bringing someone in who, even if they're a political moderate, is a team player and can help bring other moderates on board with the administration's agenda, rather than shutting out the establishment entirely. to paraphrase Lyndon Johnson, it’s better to have them inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.)

Why should we be compromising with people who would prefer for Trump to win over Sanders though?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The more important question to me is, even if you overlook the ethical issues, why would we even bother to try to breed humans to be harder/better/faster/stronger when we have machines to do that? Like I don't need to be able to run 60 mph when I can just hop in a car and do that. Biological evolution stopped being a concern when our ape ancestors started using stone tools.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Doc Hawkins posted:

i've noticed that modern eugenics advocates often fetishize the genetic component of intelligence

And we even have machines to do that! I mean, unless you want to start breeding mentats...

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Ironically, people like Dawkins are a great example of how intelligence is kind of a bullshit concept, at least in terms of it being a linear scale like IQ. There are lots of different kinds of intelligence. Dawkins clearly a smart dude when it comes to science, but he's completely incapable of reading the room and not saying stupid poo poo like this all the time, which I'd call low social intelligence.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Mods please change the thread title to Culinary Events.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Ken Bone Comeback posted:

I would vote for her if she did this

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

That thread title :perfect:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The masks hoods are really coming off now.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Alaan posted:

Sometimes you just go "poo poo that was problematic phrasing sorry" and call it a day.

People just don't loving get this. Just admit you hosed up! It's the easiest way to get people off your case! Hell, some people will even praise you for that because it's so loving rare in this wretched world.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

GoGoGadget posted:

Eh, no they won't. The internet does not forget, and it most certainly does not forgive.

That's only because people like this dude never make an honest effort to seek forgiveness. They always, always, always double down.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Great now I want to see a debate between the faction leaders from AC

I'm in the Yang Gang.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

My only takeaway is that Biden said "homeboners".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm not worried until Madagascar closes their ports.