Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Thread title owns, game is gonna own, Isabelle is my girl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

skooma512 posted:

I want Animal Crossing to be a social strand game.
giant explosions and hordes of undead Isabelles

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Dr. VooDoo posted:

They’re all dead now, OP. You killed them with neglect
As someone who literally just booted up an Animal Crossing GC file two weeks back and had the villagers say I hadn't been around in 140 months, they sure as hell didn't die of neglect unless those extra few years matter :v:

(my fiancee wanted to see the town I made as a young lad)

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

vanisher posted:

is the pc using a car battery as a backpack in this pic
straight into the ocean, gonna name my island AutoZone

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Some interesting details there presuming those are valid maps
It's loss.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Dazerbeams posted:

Hit them with a bug net to piss them off faster.
Does this actually work? Because I sure as hell tried it in NL and had no luck.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Gripweed posted:

Nook Miles seem like they're designed for the people who complain that they don't know what to do when they play Animal Crossing. A set of tasks with clearly defined rewards. very gamey.
They're loving great for me, cause I play Animal Crossing as tryhard as I play everything else and that's a lovely little bunch of dopamine rushes all laid out for me in a row.

(I am definitely not the target market for AC but I sure as gently caress love it)

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
What the gently caress that looks like a Quest 64 NPC that time forgot or something

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Partial Octopus posted:

I'm super late to the party but I want in on this raccoon goon train.
"racgoon", please

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Thwomp posted:

Thanks temporary idiot king!
more like permanent idiot temporary king

zing

nah I'm just being a jerk you're pretty great :3:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
How do I cut down trees? I saw someone said something about eating fruit but my fruit meter is at 10/10 and I want to cut some unsightly not-fruit not-cedar trees.

e: oh, you need the Iron Axe? I can't spare any cause I'm short iron for the Nooklings! Should I grind miles for another island or?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Kyrosiris posted:

So can you get the recipes from someone else's Blathers or do you need to wait for him to move in? I feel dumb for not just slapping his tent down somewhere last night now. :(
I assume you can't, but it might be worth a shot. Way to not grind everything out before 5 AM last night :(

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Tender Bender posted:

Someone on Reddit said that only the "main" villager can donate to Blathers... Is that true? Kind of a bummer but I guess the other person can give the bugs to me for me to donate?
While I don't know, I do know that in local coop there's only one person that can pick up items but you can switch that person at the press of a button. Might be worth trying that to see if you can donate if you're not the "main" villager.

Question: Can I hit rocks for iron in someone else's town?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Clocks posted:

Also you can flat out shovel and replant entire trees. I took some coconut trees and extra apple trees home from the deserted island I visited, as well as some flowers. The benefit to this is you don't need to wait extra days for them to grow on your island, the only downside is it takes a fruit-energy to do. It's also helpful if you want to do landscaping on your town without straight up chopping down trees. Cheers everyone!
holy poo poo this is a game changer thank you for that I've been planting fruit like old-school ACs

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

LODGE NORTH posted:

The tire just gives you a tire toy. You just put the tire on the ground and now it's a toy.
the can becomes a planter for flowers

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
What's the best Bell grind? Ocean fishing? I want to get ahead on house size. I miss the giant bug island.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Shneak posted:

Is there an upgrade that allows you to rearrange stock in your inventory? I'm going insane.

My only other gripe so far is that villager housing plots are massive despite the house being like half the size. I'm going to run out of room before I can terraform.
Hold A when the cursor is on an item. Then move it.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Sturgeon question: Anyone who used bait to spawn it, where's a good spot to toss into the "river mouth"? I don't want to waste all the bait I painstakingly farmed but I have no idea if it should be like on the little rocks, or closer to the ocean...

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Color Printer posted:

I believe one thing you need to do for progression is buy a bunch from Mabel when she appears in the plaza
How much? Is it number of items or Bells spent, and is there also a "days passed" component? I am more than willing to throw away my money but I gotta know what I'm aiming for.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
On the one hand, load screen hell

on the other, a million bells

(there's a loving Nook Miles task for "net 10 million bells profit in turnips", and yes it's net not gross, it's brilliant and also evil)

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Harrow posted:

My guess is that they just mean dump all the stuff that's clogging your inventory after doing the other steps on the beach. I plan to try this out tonight so we'll see.
I suspect you're also blocking hermit crab and clam spawn points

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Tell me about flowers and their subsequent effect on bug availability. I only have white, red, and orange flowers - do I need to scum islands until I get others for a full museum eventually? Something about a peacock butterfly only spawning on colors I don't have? Will the Nooklings sell different colors every day cause they sure haven't yet.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Olivil posted:

Have you guys seen the user review bombs on Metacritic? People complaining that there are no objectives 0/10.

The internet never disappoints, lol.
"As other sagas have done" is really funny to me but I don't know why exactly

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Argue posted:

I was supposed to be in London today but my flight got cancelled because some bloke in the city was using his mobile phone, like an rear end in a top hat.
some rear end in a top hat was talking to a shopkeeper, the nerve

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Are there really Nook Miles islands that spawn more rare fish? Not ones that spawn specific sizes only, I mean ones that actively change the fish table.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
How does flower spreading work? Not necessarily hybridization even. Is it percentage chance per day per flower or is it X per day per island or something else?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Do we know if feng shui has changed? Either the colors associated with sides (doubt those have) or whether non-primary rooms/the second floor count (assume that hasn't either but I'm asking)

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

LifeLynx posted:

Why is it actually impossible to find town tunes online that aren't from an anime, JRPG, or popular Nintendo game?
There's a website with a tune maker but I do not recall where.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Bean posted:

I have turnips at 586. What’s the easy way to do this, friend code or dodo code?
Dodo's easier because anyone can use it without you having to pop out of the game to friend them.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Is there a way to despawn butterflies without catching them? Easily, I mean, rather than running halfway across the fuckin island and back. I guess that is the easy way?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Buy price is 90-110 range, and you want to sell at 500+. Honestly, it is fine to just be lazy and buy at your buy price whatever it is. You lose money not looking for a super low one, but it's way more convenient.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
The pinball machine is real, I have one. The snack machine is Nook Miles.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

teen witch posted:

I can’t react to the turnips post in Discord, I just keep getting a list of who liked it? am I cursed?
I can't either. So it's not just you that's cursed.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

ChocNitty posted:

Now that people have spent a good amount of time with the game, whats the general consensus. Does it meet or exceed expectations and have the goons seal of approval?
Starts slow. Not really well designed for more than one human per Switch. Also, game owns and is easily the best Animal Crossing yet. Despite the warts.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

YggiDee posted:

So I guess my house is being judged by some mysterious organization tonight. How does that work? Who judges? Why judges?
They give points, broadly based on furniture you've got and matching sets and not having chairs crammed behind stuff and inaccessible and all that. Enough points can get you a cute trophy or something.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Dugong posted:

I’m guessing there’s no way to craft stacks of stuff like fish bait
lol no that'd be convenient
(Really though, I hope it comes in 1.2 or some later patch)

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I got a recipe for something I already had. What do I do with these, can I sell them?
Keep it and drop it on some goon's island when you go visiting! Or just sell it, whatever.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
How many flowers does Isabelle want for my rating? I literally had like 50 and she implied she wanted more.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Anyone know how to get the Nook Miles task "That's One Smart Phone"? The internet says "use your nook phone a lot".

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Tender Bender posted:

Nook miles question: there's some items (street light, cotton candy booth) where you can directly buy the item with miles, but not the recipe. Is the recipe available elsewhere, or is buying with miles the only way to get those?
I have heard it's buying with miles only and also that the customization up for sale doesn't change so if you want the aesthetically different ones you have to trade with another person who's got the other one in their Nook Miles store.

That said, I can't prove you can't get the recipe, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Brother Entropy posted:

what does that have to do with cherry blossoms
Cherry blossom seasonal recipes just got added to (regular non-bunny day) balloon drop tables (and bamboo seasonal recipes went away)