Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Chad Sexington posted:

Doctor thought our nine month old looked good but was a bit concerned with her head shape and how her skull was coming together.

Then she looks at my head in profile as I attend to our daughter and says... hmm, maybe it's actually genetic.

Yes, she gets her freakish elongated alien head from her father thank you.

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

i never played the game, how do i introduce my kid to minecraft? we have a PC she could play on but also a switch, but idk anything about the game

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

sonatinas posted:

I choose PC/mac instead of switch because I wanted my kid to practice using a mouse and keyboard.

yeah! had same reasoning for PC bias

sonatinas posted:

I’d just check out whatever version and test it out. on creative mode you can just experiment moving blocks around. you play it any way you want to.

i dont even know what version to install, like people are talking about java version this, and microsoft store has some other version, etc..

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

when you have a baby you just keep a bucket full of water and oxyclean in the bathroom and whenever the baby has an event you just throw their clothes in the bucket and then you have hours to wash it and the stain will still come out

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

lol dump it and move all the clothes into the wash the same day and then throw a new scoop of oxyclean in so all you need to do is water it the next time you have a fun time

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

please post mother's day gift ideas itt

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

loquacius posted:

Checked in, waiting for them to bring us the baby drugs, both phones plugged in but the hospital wifi is bullshit. GAME TIME

hell yeah

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

no the answer is moby wrap sorry

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Chad Sexington posted:

speaking of poop looks like we have our first case of pinkeye

I choose to blame daycare for this... doubly so if they make us keep her at home

careful, that's also a symptom of one of the new covid strains

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

we got our older son (he's 9) a Gabb watch and it's kinda nice giving him a longer leash to go do stuff.

he also sends me tons of emojis while I'm at work now.

my kid has a old phone without cell service they can use for listening to books or music or whatever, and no one prepared me for a five year old texting me at work. it kicks rear end

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Struensee posted:

I wouldn't have my child put under for that when it's been getting better.

same

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Mustached Demon posted:

baby sleeping in car seat while in car, though, is the safest option for baby. Plus it's a car good luck keeping baby awake in a moving vehicle.

assuming a properly installed carseat, which...

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

cosleeping is ftw

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

skill issue

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

that's right

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

my kid said "[thing] for the win" today and I have no idea where they got that from

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Sherbert Hoover posted:

I don't like paw patrol either but I'm of the opinion that little kids are better off thinking authority figures are there to protect them rather than developing anxiety about the world due to absorbing whatever cspam poo poo we're radiating. There's plenty of time to give them a healthy skepticism about copaganda later.

lol no

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

post skin color, op

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

the biggest reason to avoid peppa pig is your kid will say words wrong like "aeroplane" and "blueb'rry"

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

loquacius posted:

Wife thought I wasn't connecting enough with the baby, so today I held him for a two-hour nap while I played Zelda and she had to deal with our two-year-old throwing up everywhere, in closing it's working and I am in fact connecting with him more

sounds like you need more connecting time

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Microplastics posted:

We've taught our toddler to let out a big satisfying gasp after he takes a sip of water so now I know when he's drinking something he shouldn't be because of the tell-tale "mTAHH" noise coming from his direction

lmao that owns

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Sunny Side Up posted:

Does anyone use outschool and have any favorites on there? Have looked through many virtual and hybrid options and it seems like the best we’ll do for a 3 year old.

we know someone who uses it, but there's not much to say about it in general because it's gig economy style in the sense that the teachers aren't being centrally planned or anything, so your experiences will vary depending on the specific teacher

we did preschool stuff at home at the start of covid and used this curriculum (did years 1 and 2) - idk what your appetite for "homeschooling" looks like but this worked great for us
https://shop.busytoddler.com/product/playing-preschool-complete-program/

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

during the early pandemic years (lmao) my seven year old used to regularly video chat with another kid where they played (sometimes together) and talked and stuff. except the other kid was simultaneously using a second ipad the entire time???

my kid gets a half hour of game screentime and a half hour of show time each day, and compared to 99% of other parents apparently that makes us luddites lmao

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

i wish i hadnt been circumsized so i could understand whats going on with my sons weird rear end dick

not gonna lie that's one worry I had about having a son (but then i never had a son)

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Struensee posted:

what the gently caress is this thread title

lol people need to chill out jfc

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Microplastics posted:

Parents are just landlords for smaller people

drat you're right

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Nocturtle posted:

The older kid also figured out that their summer program is essentially summer school and yes they are mad.

lmao

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

watching Nimona with the family rn and this movie kicks rear end

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

sullat posted:

My son is complaining it's nothing like the comic. I think I've raised a goon.

yeah I read about the comic afterwards and was surprised how different it was

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

can someone tell me about that fancy watch they have for their kid? I looked it up and it was cool and I forgot about it and now it might actually be useful

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

yeah! that's the one, thanks

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

KirbyKhan posted:

We are week 2 of Toddler Soccer class. It is chaos.

I will say, it is super fun to bamboozle a toddler with a ball. This kid is The Washington General right now, he can't keep up with my Harlem Globetrotter skill

toddlers ftw

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

KirbyKhan posted:

Hello fellow pothead parents. Me and my wife have made a children's board book. The sample from the printer is coming this weekend and then after we bask in its glow we will have to make decisions. I want to print 500 copies and just run through that before pursuing this any further than a hobby-grade vanity project.

This link goes to the thumbnail file (CLICK). If anyone wants to give it a 2 minute read please I would love feedback. If you have credentials in anything I would love to know that too so I can report that to the grandparent investors. Thank you~

I would click but then I'd have to give you my email address apparently

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

book kicks rear end!

normally kid book songs like that are riffs of like nursery rhymes and tell me what tune it's to, otherwise it's not very useful to me

agreed on font size, and contrast was only a problem for me on one of the first pages

it's nice to use simpler vocabulary for these books so they can be used for teaching reading, my only complaint there is the word "language" being used, would love for that to be dumbed down

not a huge fan of how the back cover is worded (like it felt like it needed an edit pass?) but it wouldn't have prevented me from buying it or anything

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

we got lucky and the place my kid does gymnastics at does a day camp 3 days a week for a few weeks during the summer so they're already familiar with the staff, some kids, etc.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

one kid did get sent home for pushing other kids and getting my kid to talk about that was rough

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

sonatinas posted:

we got a call from my kid’s ymca outdoor day camp that she kissed her counselor . we got a call and we didn’t freak out which was comforting to the camp. we just talked about feelings and how to interact with grown ups and we were proud of her to tell us before we got a call.

we don’t want our kid to hide anything so we try to make it a transparent environment. we think it was maybe some sort of hero worship thing or maybe some attraction. I don’t know. we’re pretty affectionate in the home and it causes some irritation when she interacts with her cousins because their parents are not like that.

how old is your kid?

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

kid went to bed an hour late last night... and slept in an hour too :kiss:

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

they're melting down pretty hard right now so you win some you lose some

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

AxGrap posted: