Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

trump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

mdemone posted:

am I wrong in thinking this will be the biggest societal disruption event in North America since World War II?

quite possibly, almost certainly more than 9/11, next closest thing I can think of would be the Vietnam era draft

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

9/11 wasn’t really socially disruptive for people; if you lived in a major city you saw a heavy police presence for a few days and maybe school off for a couple but otherwise that was the most of its direct impact on daily lives. The real changes were to commercial air travel and foreign policy

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

thanks Obama

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

bitch please I got Yquem older than that swill

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

nice sore throat mr president

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

#wow #theplan

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Oiled and Ready posted:

No march madness, no president bernie, lame rear end coronavirus everywhere, what happened to this timeline

it used to at least be entertaining

much like how the escalator day opened up a Pandora’s box of stupidity and content, so too must the end of the Trump presidency consist of all the bullshit and insanity collapsing in on itself

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Raccooon posted:

Think the mattering has arrived.

still waiting for the Pivot

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

actually it will not matter in the slightest

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

yessss

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Joementum posted:

feeling so much unity with the CEOs today :unsmith:

isn’t her show the one that just got suspended?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

2DCAT posted:

Everything is hosed. Nothing matters. Mind as well not try anything at all because you'll run up against establishment shits that will squash you.

it’s sport to them. every once in a while there’s a good effort like Bernie and the establishment has to sweat a little to deal with it but the house always wins

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

good conference on how great of a job they’re doing

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

how long do you think the internet is going to stay up

it’s not going to go down

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

impossible to say if the Roni is bad or not

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

smarxist posted:

i think the bill mitchell rule is dumb and people hollering "DON'T POST BILL MITCHELL" is more annoying than laughing at dumb bill mitchell tweets

it’s illegal to post bill Mitchell because he’s never once been wrong

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Inspector Hound posted:

However strong it is, I just remember laughing that there was a classy name for wine that gets you hosed up twice as fast, like fortified beer

I guess port is the other wine that's supposed to be strong? I used to drink wine before I could just have all the weed I wanted

e no 10% is too low, I'm positive it was in a smaller bottle and way up there, like almost a weak liquor level alcohol, but now I can't find it. A cordial, maybe? I never figured out what a cordial was

“Dessert Wine” is a very broad category that includes a lot of different things. Generally speaking in wine terms if you say “sweet wines” you mean a sweet white wine, these can be anywhere in the typical wine range of 10%-15% ABV. These are distinct from “fortified wines”, which are made by adding brandy or grain alcohol to fermenting wine grapes, thus creating wines of up to and sometimes past 20% ABV. The confusion comes from the fact that fortified wines like Port and Madeira are often sweet themselves (the fortifying alcohol kills yeast cells and leaves unfermented sugar in the mash).

Cordial is a general American term for liqueur

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

lmao