Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

basically 40k lore in a nutshell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

Kit Walker posted:

Always a good opportunity to bust out this old chestnut

:bighow:

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Read After Burning posted:

What a horrible day to have eyes.

Something Awful sees your "human pet guy" and raises you "human toilet mod/admin".

Apt name / post combo

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

There are swastikas and SS bolts on the map. That is very nice, normal, and good.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

shooting myself in the dick before i drink raw milk to own the libs!!!!!!

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Guys I just plugged my phone in to charge and now my penis is gone???? wtf??

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

What the gently caress kind of profession is "Number 1 Victim of Crime"

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Flesh Forge posted:

There is just so much going on here :allears:

But I thought god gets quite irate if you waste a sperm

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Can't quite tell what's happening there - is the person replacing the label with a different one or just laminating the existing one?

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

What the cup is going on

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Ambitious Spider posted:

I don't have a stanley*, but big insulated water bottles rule. I don't get buying so many of the drat things, but I waste my income on records, and old video games I'll probably never get around to playing, so who am I. to judge.

* a takeya if you were curious

I also like to collect old video games but I have so far not camped overnight for one

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Severely out of the loop re Greenwald. He seemed like a pretty okay guy when the Snowden stuff happened

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

I feel a sense of despair and dread

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Flesh Forge posted:

any chance of circulating a link helps them, they really do not need help.

maybe they should make every tweet an NFT so we can't just mercilessly screenshot them

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Saw something similar posted here recently

It's not Quakers, but it does boggle the mind that in a housing market like this people think weird stipulations are somehow reasonable

(and also that you can rent for $800 lmao)

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

uranium grass posted:

Is it also called the LRT in Calgary or do they call it the Ctrain exclusively? Up until a few years ago in YEG they might have actually been able to find something in that price range. Alberta sucks for many reasons but I'm willing to live in an old-rear end building and can get a 1br downtown for sub 1k still, including my parking.

Definitely heard it referred to as either or, I think it's mainly an out of town thing to call it LRT?

I call it LRT when phoning home, because England "the train" is a ubiquitous piece of equipment that takes you to any city you like.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Equeen posted:

lol that two rich white women not getting specific awards is considered anti-feminist

Isn't the issue that most of the movie is Ken complaining about how difficult it is to be a man, so giving him the award is like going "yeah! it is really hard to be a man! give that guy a medal for speaking up!!".

I haven't seen the movie but, while awards for rich people is bullshit (trophies are for Cub Scouts who try hard dammit!), there's a certain level of cultural significance there.

e: No actually I've thought about it some more, movie awards are for doing a good job in movies. If your movie makes a statement but your production / acting / whatever is poo poo, you don't get an award.

Nobody Interesting has a new favorite as of 17:36 on Jan 24, 2024

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Skios posted:

The fact that this woman didn't see any kids with disabilities in her school probably had something to do with the fact that prior to 1975, schools in America were just flat-out allowed to refuse enrolment to any disabled kids. And even after that, they were probably just shoved into 'special' classes.

I love this kind of thing. Especially the point on autistic kids - Carole totally knew autistic kids. Autism isn't new, diagnosis/understanding/detection of it is improving.

I adore my grandma but she gave me some of this poo poo when I visited her last - "No one was gay in my day!".

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Cocaine Bear posted:

It also had a plot, heart, and a message + a beginning then middle then end. But since executives are the dumbest fucks on the planet all they saw was TOY MOVIE MAKE MONEY so get ready for the 2024 summer blockbuster Furbies followed by Barrel of Monkeys: Battle Royale and then something with, I dunno, lawn darts?

Pumped for the Pop Up Pirate movie

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Pththya-lyi posted:

Can't be me because idgi

It's the CDC and only one person is wearing a mask

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Everyone else is probably healthy or vaccinated or probably both. Unless you're immunocompromised or symptomatic (and if you are, stay the gently caress home) there's not much benefit to wearing a mask these days if you're just out and about (excluding the obvious like hospital visits or the airport). Y'all are being weird.

In a group that large there is no way only one person is carrying something gross, and the expectation is that the Centre for Disease Control would know about controlling diseases.

Being balls deep in vax helps a lot but you bet I'm still wearing a mask when I get the bad sniffles. The only reason I don't normally is because I work on a university campus where no one else is, so if the gross isn't coming out of my mouth it's coming out of someone.

Either way, CDC getting together for a group hug is the idiot.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Does the movie address Ken's flat groin

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Please spoil it I am a manly man I cannot watch a pink movie about a girl's toy!!

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Dude can't even pronounce Kant right

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Scratch Monkey posted:

on the subject of not talking about sex doll cum accretion...

so scripted they even wrote in the Chiefs winning the super bowl LAST YEAR too.

Taylor is still a gay Joe Biden plant and that's FINAL

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

:dafuq:

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

I scrolled a little. I think she argues that the Gyres take you to Ellis island? or something??

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

It is scientifically impossible that Taylor is not gay and that's FINAL

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

CharlestheHammer posted:

But by this logic border being open and DEI increase sperm so it helps mating rituals

I mean that logic doesn’t make any sense but if we pretend it did it still doesn’t work

We're gonna build a wall and make Mexico cum on it!

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

tokin opposition posted:

Read blindsight for good scifi

I was in a book shop in London with Richard Stallman once and he pulled Blindsight down from a shelf and told me to read it. He absolutely loves that book.

Star Trek is good btw

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

goblin week posted:

Incredible recommendations so far

Honestly it's a really good book

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Yngwie Mangosteen posted:

do you think the quarterback guy is gay haha what do you think he does while taylor is on tour haha just asking for jokes hahaha do you think hemight be gay what would it be like if he was gay haha

Owen was inspired by Doug Stanhope's breast cancer bit big time

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

He's not wrong. I don't see swifties committing to armed insurgency any time soon.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Me, the greatest Taylor Swift fan, adorned in Taylor Swift merchandise (a 1989 baseball cap and 2018 tour t-shirt), descend onto the House floor - illegally - from the viewing gallery, ready to arrest Nancy Pelosi for treason. "Shake it off!" I cry, urging my comrades to shake off the shackles of oppression.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

So Russian athletes do drugs, and American athletes eat corn flakes?

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Is she grasping a fistful of spoons

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Idiots on Social Media: Fights can happen when men look at the penis of other men.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

I looked at another man's cock and now we are swinging them around in the bathroom going "Voom, voom"

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

O when the chicks come marchin' in!
When the chicks come marchin' in!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

OwlFancier posted:

That has to be deliberately trying to annoy people who use microscopes right?

Headstock's backwards, microscope back to front, none of the objective lenses appear to be in alignment, subject isn't in line with the condenser, can't look at a loving whole raisin with a microscope.

and her eyes are closed :colbert: