Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
Since this thread is getting a bit of activity I figured I'd post some of my thoughts along the same lines.

I have a startup dynasty draft Saturday and have never done a dynasty draft before. I've been listening to a bunch of podcasts from the first post to kind of prepare (CBS ff, fantasy footballers, 4for4, the audible). My biggest takeaway has been that you want players who are going to provide value for as long as possible. So Michael Gallup at 24 years old has a bit more value even though he'll be in a crowded situation this year.

I think it might also help to think about what you want your strategy to be in the draft. I've been thinking I may lean more towards established players and try to go for a win this year or next and trust myself to repair my team and get younger after that window. I'm going to do this because I think a good portion of my league will probably be going too far in the opposite direction and be extremely focused on the younger players.

I draft 7 out of 12 and I'm hoping for one of the top 5 rb's or Michael Thomas. We're in Wisconsin so it's possible Davante Adams goes too early. I don't know what I'm going to do if I don't get an rb or thas. I guess tyreek hill. Then pick 18 almost has to be a rb like Derrick Henry, miles Sanders or Josh jacobs or one of the rookies. I might just let round 3 come to me, whoever is the best value and then 4 I'm hoping for someone older to fall a Julio or Kelce/Kittle maybe? Those would all be pretty big falls based on production but they're older so I think it may happen in my league.

Sorry for rambling this helped me solidify some of my thoughts. Take from it what you can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
Totally fair. I very well just may end up winging it. In a normal redraft league I don't try and plan things out generally so this is the first time I've tried to put more effort into it. And I only just found out I had pick 7 a day ago.

Edit: I think my thought process can be simplified by saying I will likely try and get 2 rb's in the first 3 rounds and I likely will feel like there's more value at WR at #7. After that you're probably correct and it'll all be a crap shoot

Artonos fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Jun 3, 2020

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
Thanks for letting me post things out earlier this week. 12 team dynasty startup 0.5 ppr. 2 rb's, 3 wr, 1 te and 1 flex

I ended up with:
Dak
Kamara
Miles Sanders
JuJu
Tyler lockett
TY Hilton
Mark Ingram
Hunter Henry

Then a bunch of decent to good wr's that I hope one or two can hit well this year. Marvin Jones, John Brown, James Washington, Michael Gallup, Emmanuel Sanders, Tee Higgins, Mike Gesicki

It's funny how I'm already super hyped for football in June after doing this draft. It can't come soon enough.

Artonos fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Jun 8, 2020

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018

Ty1990 posted:

Very good team

Thanks, I just hope my wr's can produce well enough to keep me competitive. They're really the only part I'm worried about.

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
I assume I just got a real good deal but wanted to check. I'm in a dynasty league with 0.5 ppr and then a 0.5 the premium on top of it.

I did Michael Gallup, Hunter Henry and a 2022 3rd for Travis Kelce.

For other content I really believe in cam this next year. He's had a ton of time to heal and I think he's going to come back and be used intelligently by belicheck.

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
I didn't chime in because I agreed with a lot of what you said. Narrowing it down, Gesicki, jonnu, hunt, Boston Scott (real late), and miles sanders, mclaurin, Marvin Jones, thielen, lockett, and 100% agreement with your qb's and Goff.

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I looked up Darwin in one dynasty league because I'm that hosed at RB.

He's already rostered in my dynasty league lol

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
I kinda like Darrynton Evans for the same kind of literally last pick dart throw mindset in a ppr league. Could be the ying to Henry's yang as they try not to destroy Henry's body after signing him to a contract.

Edit: Actually AJ Dillon might be a better candidate. The Packers have kind of signalled that they don't want to resign Aaron Jones for next year. So he has a very good shot at being the starter going forward.

Artonos fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Aug 25, 2020

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
I'd lean Ingram/Ryan. Matt Ryan is always going to have crazy volume and he should have the best weapons that he has had in a while this year. Ingram likely keeps the starting role most of the year due to continuity and Dobbins not being quite ready yet.

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
If I'm remembering the stats right his goal line touches didn't go down and it was just that they weren't able to score when close during the back half of the season. Mark me down as another Chubb believer.

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
I'd definitely go Kamara over CEH. He's so much more proven and we are pretty sure CEH will have a big role. But we're 100% sure Kamara does have a big role in running and passing. CEH won't return pick 5 value if something even as simple as not being the red zone back happens.

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018

Alfalfa posted:

They already have RoJo who is basically the same.

Jets, Washington, NO, and Chi all seem like legit landing spots.

I'd add Philly and Cincinnati if mixon is actually holding out. I still don't know how to read that situation.

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
So thread consensus is that I should still take him at #4 in my half ppr league that's drafting tonight?

I've been pretty nervous about cook this whole off-season and it feels bad to be worried about who I was planning on taking.

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
I went Derrick Henry lol. Sorry thread

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
Alshon Jeffery is my first instinct. He'll likely get plenty of targets when he comes back and he isn't drafted til pretty late.

Edit: Deebo probably has more upside.

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
If they keep Rojo, McCoy, fournette, and Vaughn on the roster it's going to be hard to predict fantasy relevance for very long during this year. If they cut McCoy and it's more clear but it's still going to be a split. I would still be wary of fournette. So I wouldn't bother reworking your cap unless you really need a rb.

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
I just wouldn't drop anyone else who is a high upside flier for fournette. He isn't worthless but his upside is limited by all the other backs. So I'd rather keep some boom or bust guys on your roster over him. By all means take a shot, but I wouldn't give up on a different shot for him if that makes sense.

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
I kind of assumed that if fournette is on waivers it isn't a very deep league. That might have been the wrong assumption.

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
I'll put my cards on the table I didn't really think through the sequence of how things would work in a salary cap dynasty league. Yeah he's probably worth something then.

I just started playing in a dynasty league this year. And between corona limiting other hobbies and the dynasty league I've dove a bit deeper into fantasy football, but before this year I only ever had done redraft stuff.

I'm probably the last person who should be commentating on dynasty roster management since I can barely figure out how I want to play my own team.

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018

Party Boat posted:

Just received a trade request offering Jordan Howard for Antonio Gibson. It looks like Howard is the stronger player on paper with the big caveat that Gibson is a lottery ticket, especially with AP gone. Is that a fair assessment?

Might as well post my full (non PPR) team, drafted last Sunday:

QB: Matt Ryan
RB1: Ezekiel Elliott
RB2: Joe Mixon
Flex: David Montgomery
WR1: Amari Cooper
WR2: Courtland Sutton
TE: George Kittle
D: Bills
K: Zane Gonzalez

Bench: Terry Mclaurin, Evan Engram, Anthony Miller, Matt Breida, Mecole Hardman, Jerry Jeudy, Antonio Gibson

Gibson is way ahead of Howard. I wouldn't do that, especially when you've got 2 strong rb's.

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
Scantlings ceiling is probably mediocre wr2. James Conner is likely not going to be resigned after this year due to the cap situation of Pittsburgh. If you can I'd wait and see how that situation pans out.

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
I wouldn't drop Gesicki at this point for someone like Evans. Evans likely won't be used too much early on in the season. If shenault is available then I'd maybe go for him. Don't hesitate to drop whoever looks like they're getting less usage after week 1 to pick up someone on the waiver wire though.

In that second league Parris Campbell probably has the most likely amount of usage early on in the season and I'd probably think about grabbing him.

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
Do you have to decide before the Sunday games? There very well may be other people who are surprising this weekend.

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
Sanders practiced on Friday so he'll probably at least be active Sunday

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018

Artonos posted:

Sanders practiced on Friday so he'll probably at least be active Sunday

No one ever listen to me.

Gesicki is the guy. Mostert will do well but not top 8. Thielen is top 5 wr. Aaron Jones is top 6 rb.

Thank you for your time. Don't listen to me

Artonos fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Sep 13, 2020

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
Lockett is enough of an upgrade over Johnson that I'd do that trade.

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018

Doppelganger posted:

Super late, but listen to this guy. They keep it really family friendly aside from poop and fart jokes, so their style of humor is kinda refreshing. Oh yeah, and the advice is really good too.

4for4's "most accurate podcast" is also good. A bit dry but also shorter than a lot of fantasy football podcasts.

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018

Pain of Mind posted:

Is it worth dropping one of those players to try and grab one? Ideally hoping that one of the later drafted RB (Dobbins or Collins) and one of the WR are worth keeping (5th, 6th, 7th, 9th, 10th round in order).

I'd drop Dillon for Hines definitely and maybe Brown. Hines is only 23 so he's still super young. Hines will be a receiving back in the NFL for a long time. The Packers are apparently in negotiations with Jones (which makes no sense because they spent a 2nd on Dillon). But they also have Jamaal Williams which they kinda like.

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
Reagor is already getting deep targets. Aiyuk will probably see decent volume but when little and Deebo come back he will see less looks probably. I'd feel more comfortable with reagor personally.

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018

Quiet Feet posted:

$46 and $25 for Mike Davis in two different leagues
$41 for James White
$35 for McKinnon and he might only be relevant for a week or two.

I know people are hurting but I grossly underestimated the market apparently. :stonkhat:

51 for Mike Davis in my 14 team league. And someone else bid 50 and 45. There's going to be more injuries there's only been two weeks. I feel good not getting him and preserving my waiver dollars for later in the year.

Edit: I say that as someone who hasn't had any rb's get hurt though haha. A bit of a different situation for others I'm sure!

Artonos fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Sep 23, 2020

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Of
Devin Singletary
Anthony Miller
Joshua Kelly
Miles Gaskin
Dion Lewis
Darrell Henderson

Who, if anyone is worth dropping for Russel Gage, full ppr

Miller or dion definitely.

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018

Intruder posted:

I think it's time to dump Odell

Or at least bench him for Tee Higgins.

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
Definitely stash whoever you can on IR. I'd probably do deebo over crowder if you can only have one.

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
The hope is that he turns into a lesser Stefon Diggs from last year. The Vikings only really use 2 wr sets. So if he is #2 he's on the field a lot.

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018

Keith Atherton posted:

Drop Anthony Miller to pick up Brandin Cooks?

I'd do it but I'm still a believer in the Houston offense. They had a really bad 3 game schedule and are going to bounce back. Watson hasn't looked bad and is still the same guy.

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
He practiced in full on Friday. As a packer fan it sounds like he's going to play.

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
MVS is going to continue to be the over the top threat on the Packers and every few games he'll get a deep ball and return above value. But the flip side is him and Rodgers won't always connect on that deep ball every game and he will just end up with 4-6 points.

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
Gibson is the most valuable long term piece so I'd say no to that trade.

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
So Fitzpatrick was my replacement for Dak in a dynasty league. I just got offered josh Allen for Dak and two 3's. I don't know if I should counter down to 1 3rd or what :/

I'm 6-0 in the league but there's like 4 other teams who are real good too. And I'm not sure if I should try and win this year or in the next couple when Dak returns.

Single qb league, but the only other qb I've got is Foles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018

sourdough posted:

3rds don't matter, if you feel ok swapping Allen for Dak, just take that offer

For what it's worth he went down to 1 third. Still not sure if I should or not. Thanks for the ideas you guys have, guess I just have to make a decision.