Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will you vote for in 2020?
This poll is closed.
Biden 425 18.06%
Trump 105 4.46%
whoever the Green Party runs 307 13.05%
GOOGLE RON PAUL 151 6.42%
Bernie Sanders 346 14.70%
Stalin 246 10.45%
Satan 300 12.75%
Nobody 202 8.58%
Jess Scarane 110 4.67%
mystery man Brian Carroll of the American Solidarity Party 61 2.59%
Dick Nixon 100 4.25%
Total: 2089 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

B B posted:

Joe Biden forcibly inserted his fingers into a female subordinate's vagina without her consent, and that is why I will be voting third party for the first time in my life. I have literally never voted for someone who wasn't a Democrat, but I can't vote for a rapist. :smith:

There probably is a statistically significant chance that you HAVE in fact already voted for a rapist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Joe Biden pushed for the rape and murder of thousands of Iraqi women and children, was vp of a presidency that was complicit in the rape and murder of countless Yemeni women and children. That cements him as pretty pro-rape and murder in my book

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Lol the left is going to be ignored and shunned for the next 8 years and global warming will kill us all

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

HootTheOwl posted:

Eh, it's not perfect but the libs are right: Gotta compromise, vote strategically, ect.

Lol no, my swing state vote goes to Howie

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Mellow Seas posted:

If Trump tried to cut Medicare and social security, the Democratic opposition would not a “token resistance”, it would be scorched earth.

I wish I could say the same in the event that Biden tried to do it. Some of the party would definitely come out against it hard, but we’d probably ultimately be stuck hoping Republican intransigence saves us like it did in 2011.

Scorched earth from the populace sure, but I doubt half of the dem party would care that much

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

The last democrat president was a Reagan republican, I'd say they've pretty much taken it over already. Every major leader is a conservative.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/ddayen/status/1285311799185661952

Joe Biden is not going to pass any legislation to help you or me if it affects any businesses bottom line

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Feldegast42 posted:

I think it really depends on if Biden and the people surrounding him finally have a come to Jesus moment on the direction that the country is going and try to institute at least some reforms to prevent the nation from completely collapsing. Its pretty clear to almost everyone that if there are no changes the protests will go critical and we will likely suffer major uprisings and unrest or even revolution. So even complete ghouls may be at the point where they know they have to give some scraps to people to keep things from completely boiling over.

Or at least I hope. I'm not completely convinced.

3 days ago Biden told a bunch of donors he doesn’t believe in using laws to force companies to do anything and that the government will just ask nicely

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

“That’s my view, I hope I don’t offend any of you with that” -the man running to be the most powerful man in the world.

The idea that this spineless prostitute would do anything to offend his rich masters is laughable. He does this a lot, where he meekly apologizes for something and frankly it’s upsetting to watch.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Once again proving that the people in power only dislike trump because he’s rude

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Why would Biden ever give a poo poo after he's in power

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Ruzihm posted:

If you're a president who only got in the office due to the maxim of lesser evilism, then making the next opponent less of a threat only hurts your chances at re-election. It's a materialist conclusion that they won't do that.

Haha this is a great point that I never considered before. Everything has to be a greater evil than you

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Flying-PCP posted:

You'd think if Biden were really just as much of an existential threat as Trump, there'd be more talk of expatriation. Obviously many people can't, but it's strange that it just doesn't come up.

Well I tried moving to Venezuela, and Libya, and Syria, and literally anywhere in South America, but wouldn't you know it, somebody kept destroying those countries making them unfit to live in

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

I thought the Democrats couldn't do good things because they're trying to court the right. Why then are they trying to ban selling guns online. Gun laws aren't popular with the right, surely the argument against legalising marijuana applies here

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Staying in Afghanistan is also a part of the platform

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

GreyjoyBastard posted:

No, they're not. National delegates receive no money from the party (this is actually a bit of a problem with the expensive in-person conventions most years) and the amount of money spent on their election is zero-to-negligible. I was a state delegate this year, strongly encouraged other goons to seek state and national delegateship, and refuse to disclose whether or not I am a national delegate. :v:

I think DNC members also receive no money from the party, and the amount of money spent on their election is also negligible in most (all?) states. They are somewhat more influenceable by money than delegates in the sense that their remit includes maximizing and spending party funds, but they're less personally interested in receiving donations than literally any actual public servant.

and i specifically gave a couple reasons they would give a poo poo right there in that post

When Tom Perez was elected there was a massive push by sanders supporters to call these DNC members, it didn’t do anything, in fact Keith Ellison told everyone to stop

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

A Biden presidency but republican Senate and House is probably the worst thing that could happen, so now I'm preparing for that to happen

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

StratGoatCom posted:

Not really, it means social security is more likely to survive, as they want to thwart biden on everything.

Indeed, the mural thwarting of each other may make it one of the better possible outcomes of this farce.

Did you forget about how Biden always likes to compromise with the republicans? When McConnell needed something done and Reid wasn't budging, he went to Biden who got it done for him

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

I know his economics advisor Larry summers is a pedophile, but are any other members of Biden’s team Epstein associates?

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

OctaMurk posted:

Does the VP pick even matter, really? How many people are going to change their vote to or against Biden because of Kamala or anyone else he picked? Probably not an amount that matters.

Everyone thinks Biden is going to die soon, so yes it matters

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Daduzi posted:

So, wait, are the DNC Machievellian geniuses who utilise every trick they can to ensure the left is kept perpetually down, or incompetent bumblefucks who can't successfully oppose a paper bag?

They are brutally efficient at crushing challenges to their grifting operation yes. Donald trump helps their grifting operation so they don’t care as much

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

It seems that every single election boils down to "now is not the time for purity tests, we must get/keep this evil Republican out of congress. Sure the dems are right wingers, but they aren't as bad as the republicans"
This has happened every single election I ever remember, with the exception of 2008 probably. Dems are bad, reps are worse. So my question is, how bad can the dems go before they lose your vote? Many of the nojoes have reached this point, what is it for you? It might help to get a baseline of where everybody is at

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

This is legitimately infuriating

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

V. Illych L. posted:

watch trump somehow turn this into a referendum on the invasion of iraq

jaysus

It'd be pretty easy to do so, Joe was an architect of it

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Wicked Them Beats posted:

All the pro-Biden posters have gone unusually quiet the last couple of days. Normally they're in this or the other thread gaslighting people or demanding to know if the NoJoes are voting Trump. Maybe even they're finding the Dems going full mask off to be a bit too much?

Why would they be upset, Biden is arguably more responsible for Iraq than Powell and that clearly wasn't an issue for them

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Is Biden the lesser evil? His foreign policy from the past 5 decades is monstrously evil, and foreign policy is where the president has the most control. Biden was one of the architects of Iraq, he’d been pushing for war with them over a decade, and that ended up destabilizing a quarter of the world. He’s never met a foreign intervention that he hasn’t liked, and even with the assassination of Iran’s general, Biden just objected to the method of killing, he also wanted him dead. Trumps foreign policy is definitely worse than Obama in the Middle East, with probably at least triple the amount of death and destruction, and his refusal to stop the genocidal war in Yemen. It’s probably better in South America with his gross incompetence being a boon. But how will joe Biden’s foreign policy hold up? He’s a war criminal and is pursuing the support of other war criminals.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Enigma89 posted:

Trump is probably better in foreign policy just because he is so ineffective and people hate everything he does. When Obama was bombing poor brown countries no one said anything. If Trump does it there is an uproar.

That's not true, it's the one thing they praise him for

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Abortion is too useful as a wedge issue, they will never abandon that fight, it is more of a cultural issue than economic in the eyes of their donors, and as such it is permissible to keep fighting for.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

UCS Hellmaker posted:

And the purity test have pushed out the sane voices and left us with screaming idiots. Remember 2010? Remember the tea party pandering? gently caress Doug Jones won because of the purity tests that happened. Harry Reid won reelection in 2014 because of the purity tests. There are many more cases of the same thing happening and you are screaming in here that Dems should enforce the same thing, instead of focusing on local politics and movements that have been shown to excite voters and engage them, winning elections in areas they don't tend to have chances at

Buddy if you want to support a war criminal for office, their blood is on your hands

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

DeeplyConcerned posted:

Shouldn’t the thread title actually be whoop whoop that’s the sound of the veep?

No because that's funny

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Office Pig posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/markos/status/1296619189101158400
I feel like this kind of rhetoric is worth pointing out in light of the opening hours for the convention's final night. Jesus, we love Jesus, Christianity is great, blah blah. You get the idea. Real weird huh, almost as weird as Matt Yglesias proposing to spread the plague of Americans in the billions and Joe Biden being a lifelong Catholic who hates abortion. I'm sure that doesn't mean anything though, probably about as much as bringing in Colin Powell before yammering on about the ever-looming threat of the Chinese.

The party of faith, electing a man who helped kill hundreds of thousands, maybe millions, of women and children all around the globe

Hidden gospel of John 4:27
"And Jesus said, fly your bombers and blow them up, for they live across the globe and pose no threat to you. Murder them and make money for your donors, for that is the way into paradise"

Terror Sweat fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Aug 21, 2020

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Glumwheels posted:

Will it be funny to those migrant kids separated from their parents currently in cages and hotels? Will it be funny to the families trying to unite in America but can’t because Trump and Miller have hosed up the USCIS?

Please enlighten me who will be laughing at this and will find it funny.

All the people whos family and loved ones died in Iraq? They might find it funny that one of the architects of their misery lost.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Glumwheels posted:

Why can’t either of you answer the question? Why just deflect and go bbbut Obama and Iraq!

We’re talking about here and now and the people suffering today who will arguably have a better outcome under Biden than Trump. Do you not care about those kids or families dealing with Miller’s Nazi beliefs? I know someone who’s been trying for 2 years to bring his wife here, they got married the same year as me and she’s stuck in Europe expecting twins and he’s here. Seems like they won’t find it funny to be subjected to 4 more years of trumps bulls hit and uncertainty.

Uhh if we're going by victims Biden arguably has a higher body count. He's actively courting the support of legitimate war criminals, the same people who destroyed the countries the refugees came from. Biden has been a supporter of coups in South America and the middle East his entire life, hes never really met a war he hasn't liked. He knew WMDs were a sham and still lied to get hundreds of thousands, if not millions of people killed. Do those victims not get to laugh when Biden loses? Or are you the only person allowed to use victims to win an argument.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Glumwheels posted:

Well I don’t find it funny especially since I’m living through the bullshit Trump and Miller have inflicted on USCIS. So maybe don’t say people’s suffering is funny to you?

I would find it funny if Biden lost after courting the support of war criminals and spurning the left, yes. We're in a real Kang/Kodos situation here in my opinion.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

People have been saying that line about social services and training forever, what ends up happening is the cops use it to get some IDF special training in how to step on a person's neck without leaving a bruise and more toys to brutalize people with

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

How is the most progressive person running for president ever going to implement his policies without raising taxes on people making 400,000 and under. Sounds to me like he’s full of poo poo

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Joe Biden knew Iraq didn't have WMDs and lied about it to start a war that has killed millions now. His body count is higher than Trump's, this is not a poo poo post

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Covok posted:

Like did anyone consider that what you're proposing means that a lot of innocent people will have their lives ruined on the likely vain hope it will magically lead to revolution?

Sure will be great when they try again to take away my human rights because I'm trans. Already removed my military rights thus locking millions out of a cheap transition and they almost made it so doctors didn't have to treat me. Wonder what the next 4 years would have in store?

Sure is great having a mouthpiece increase violence against protected classes through the bullypulpit. Not like his presence made them bolder or anything.

All the kids detained and dying in cages certainly understand they need to be sacrificed so that people will get mad and fight against things harder later.

This argument is the same thing as electroalism, in a way. You say we have to eat a pile of poo poo to stop something worse from happening. Except all the bad poo poo from accelerational is felt immediately and disproportionately towards protected classes. And it all assumes people wouldn't try to make things better unless everything is max horrible (disproportionately for protected clases) and that this will all work out and be worth it.

Either way, your asking people, many of which have no interest in political chess, to be victims of violence. Even if you are a part of a protected class, you are looking at millions of people and helping decide that they will be victims of violence.

Posts like these always implicitly treat the victims of American imperialism as worthless and expendable. There's a brief mention of kids in cages but no mention of why those kids are fleeing their countries (coups supported by democratic and republican presidents might have a little something to do with it). A mention of military rights being taken away, which again, come at the expense of murdering the gently caress out of men, women and children who have never done anything to you. A competent US government means a foreign policy dedicated to destroying millions of lives around the globe. Biden has expressed support for coups in South America, for taking a hard line in the middle East. Biden's objection with the Iran assassination wasn't that he was killed, but the way it happened. Most of America's war criminals and genocidal monsters are riding with biden, how many people are going to be murdered under a Biden foreign policy that doesn't get any pushback from the press? Joe Biden knowingly lied about WMDs to you and me so that the US would destroy a chunk of the world, what else will he lie about so people will be killed, raped and maimed for the sake of US imperialism?

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

DSPaul posted:

At the moment, the alternative seems to be re-electing a literal fascist psychopath who is extremely likely to kill, rape, and/or maim us.

I see, so you'd rather pick the guy who will kill foreigners abroad than back home, understandable. The NIMBYism of American imperialism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Herstory Begins Now posted:

On this note,

US just had some still ambiguous but definite hostilities with Russian (as in uniformed russian military, not mercenaries) forces in Syria. That's two big escalations in a week.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/26/us-troops-injured-russian-forces-syria-402347

That can't be true, Trump is a Russian asset.