Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
I'm pretty excited for this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Playing on Xbox. Glad to see they have continued the patented iXile move of having portraits that don’t match any of the character customization options and vice versa. I have enjoyed my first hour of staring at the character build screen and making choices. Looking forward to maybe getting to the tutorial tomorrow.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
How rare is heavy weapons ammo? I am asking because I am still in the character creation/tweaking loop and I on the latest run, I used up all my heavy ammo in the opening fight, which does not bode well for me because it seems like I am a long way away from being able to restock? Is this one of those situations where you can't actually use the weapon you spec into, or will everything be OK?

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Zore posted:

I've never had an issue with it myself, I'm at one heavy weapon user, but I also didn't get close to running out in the first fight

Heavy Weapon with Serial Killer means you can take A LOT of shots. I nearly killed the robot thing (on Ranger) before the lady got the big gun fixed.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

MorphineMike posted:

3rd attempted, different weapon setup again, again made it to the second fight without an ammo drop for one characters weapon, and they start with no extra.

Happened to me twice with a heavy and I'm seeing people complain about it on Reddit too. This seems like a really dumb early game oversight.

A Sometimes Food posted:

I got a character who wont get back up after combat. They have medical marvel, but even after combat ends they aren't reviving.

Many people have reported variations on this. Also if you die outside of combat, the character doesn't come back. I am staying the hell away from that perk.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Charisma 9 gets you +18% experience but Charisma 10 gets you +30%. Those kinds of breakpoints are interesting and so I’m trying to get a sense of just how much faster, in practice, levelling with a Charisma 10, maybe even a Charisma 10 Bookworm really is.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

BattleSausage posted:

Am I missing something? On the very first mission when you leave the ice and start looking to kill the guy with the rocket launcher, I have no ammo. Like, in the very first fight my AR person used up all their rounds and my other character, heavy weapons, has like 5 shots left and I keep dying because I'm trying to run into fights and punch everyone to death.

tutorial spoilers There's some boxes with ammo and stuff near the hostage situation and then more between the next fight and the rocket launcher fight. But there is an RNG element to what's in the loot boxes which means that you can run out, which is a weird design choice, but here we are.

As a person with terminal restartitis, I've worked out that you can save ammo by not engaging in combat in the first fight since the vehicle kills pretty much everything on turn 3. And then mop it up and hope that the crates give you the ammo you need.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Infinity Gaia posted:

I ended up having to give my two Poindexter skill monkeys the HP perk so that they could actually MAYBE have a chance of surviving one attack if needed. At least one of them is the sniper so she barely gets shot at, but the other one is my leader/medic who... Goes down a lot.

Tell me your builds?

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Stuff they’re aware of and working on.
https://forums.inxile-entertainment.com/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=21149

I was having trouble with their forums. So another link is here.
https://inxile.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360053616313-Wasteland-3-High-Priority-Known-Issues-Workarounds-Status-PC-Console-

doingitwrong fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Aug 31, 2020

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

The Lone Badger posted:

In the intro, and am I meant to be reduced to punching people to death?

No. There is some randomness in the ammo boxes so it can happen. Upthread a goon shared a bug where if you are indecisive during character creation and click between starter weapons, it’ll keep depositing ammo in your inventory which makes the problem go away if you don’t mind slightly cheating and are still stuck in the intro and don’t mind restarting.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
(Re amor quirk) it seems like a lot of the flat bonus quirks aren’t really worth it since you quickly get armor and things that overwhelm them.

Sadomasochist seems powerful since it scales with your guy . Though it has an upper utility if you’ll set yourself up to do massive damage. Doing 133% of someone’s health is the same as doing 100%. I haven’t gotten to late game to know how much that matters on a sniper character.

Serial Killer seems only good on people with very low or very high AP weapons. Getting +3 AP isn’t much use if your gun costs 4 to shoot but is amazing if it costs 3 or 6 since the 3 gets a free attack and the 6 probably has some AP leftover to make up the difference.

Poindexter doesn’t seem worth it to me unless you are committing to a 1 Str character. Otherwise, it costs quite a few attribute points to make up for the downside and having a character whose health doesn’t scale at all seems bad in return for 0.5 skill points per level (at ~15% increase).

Prospector is fun and, unfortunately, its downside seems like it’s on the honor system. As far as I can tell, there is no AP cost for changing quick slot items mid combat. But I’m going to respect the spirit of it.

Pyromaniac seems amazing for your Heavy except that, paradoxically, your Heavy probably shouldn't be firing rockets and running the flamethrower. The damage bonus of Weird Science pushes you towards using cool energy weapons and a flamethrower. Still, there’s plenty of grenades.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Collapsing Farts posted:

Is the game good? I haven't played the first or second one. Will I be lost jumping into the third installment?

I played a bit of the 2nd and none of the 1st and I am thoroughly enjoying the 3rd. I'm sure there are story beats or callbacks I'm missing but the main plot arc is set in a totally different place from 2 and 1 and there's plenty of understandable character and motivation so far.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Sometimes when I’m exploring an inside area I get a kind of “schwing” sound. It sounds like a success sound or a discovery sound (it might be the same sound as when you find a place to dig but it’s been awhile since that’s happened). I can’t figure out what’s triggering it. Sometimes it triggers when I’m moving around. Sometimes in rapid succession sometimes not.

It is driving me crazy.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

doingitwrong posted:

Sometimes when I’m exploring an inside area I get a kind of “schwing” sound. It sounds like a success sound or a discovery sound (it might be the same sound as when you find a place to dig but it’s been awhile since that’s happened). I can’t figure out what’s triggering it. Sometimes it triggers when I’m moving around. Sometimes in rapid succession sometimes not.

It is driving me crazy.

please help me what could be causing this noise am I missing something my rangers are dying

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Zeta Acosta posted:

that sound is the perception ability no?

For the life of me, I can't figure out what I'm perceiving. I'm holding down the trigger to highlight things and nothing new is highlighted. Just containers I already saw.

Let me ask this: Is there secret stuff to find in (early game Colorado Springs locations) MacTavish's shop, the cells in Little Vegas, or Apartment 3 in Sans Luxe"?

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Black Griffon posted:

poo poo, I think I must've lost a few points to that then. If there's a quick way to yeet a few skillpoints at my characters I'd like to know it. Is there even a console or anything like that?

I read that people tested it and it shows needing more but only takes the amount you should need. So it’s cosmetic except in the case where you have exact change. Then it won’t let you skill up. I have not tested this myself but you might be OK.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
How much a difference does Poindexter make? I’m trying to decide if the extra 0.5 skill points per level really matters. I do like having skills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
What’s does the difficulty setting affect? Google searches just give “guide” sites that regurgitate the descriptions on the menu screen. Does it just impact damage numbers? Do skill checks change? Does it just make enemies into bullet sponges? Has anyone figured this out?