Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Did anyone notice the songs queued up on Razorfist's car? I caught Tommy the Cat by Primus and Come Out and Play by Offspring Not sure why I care, but it's a bit of fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Gavok posted:

Plot devices are goofy as hell, like how having a symbiote makes you an expert hacker.

I don't know if it was on purpose, but I immediately thought of this https://www.cbr.com/venom-carnage-computer-fight/

Also enjoyed this weird-rear end movie.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Under no circumstances should anyone lend legitimacy to a RT score.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

bessantj posted:

That's a real good choice.

Thats three marvel roles for him (Agents of Shield, MODOK, Eternals). Does any other actor have that many?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Really only one role, since he's the Watcher. Many disguises, one role.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

MH Knights posted:

Hasn't this been an an ongoing comic series for a while now?

Nah, it was a limited series.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

twistedmentat posted:

loving lit as gently caress.

If Toby and Garfield are in the movie, they're keeping that under wraps real good. I wonder if the "they're coming through!" bit is not the Spider-Foes but something else?

So excited to see NEW GOBLIN

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

So happy that Doc Ock finally gets a shirt. I didn't want to sit through another film of Alfred Molina's nips.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

hiddenriverninja posted:

That's Klev from Spider-man Homecoming

I don't think you need to point out Klev. Everyone knows Klev. Hell I'm wearing my Klev t-shirt right now.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Codependent Poster posted:

Spider-Man tickets are theoretically on sale, but it seems all the movie websites are down.

Tom Holland broke the internet.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

TwoPair posted:

Wow I didn't think he could balance a champagne glass on his rear end, good for him

If he can dance to Rihanna, he can balance a champagne glass.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

IUG posted:

How about extending the spoiler rule until home media releases then? Some of us are not going to see films in theaters (like myself, since we have a daughter who's just turning 1, and can't go to theaters). I'd like to avoid the Spider-Man spoilers until I get a safe chance to watch it, via Disney+ or UHD, or what have you. But I don't want to unbookmark this thread for 3 or more months.

There are going to be news articles from major outlets with spoilers in the title or accompanying photo on the day it’s released. Good luck man.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I fuckin loved it. That is all.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

CzarChasm posted:

So at the end with the realities ripping apart and the "others" coming through, I could clearly see an outline of Rhino as one of the antagonists. Were there any other recognizable shapes I missed?

Random thought - Did I mishear, or did we finally get the "original" great responsibility line for the first time in 20 years? Hell, I think even the 90s cartoon did the short version. I know, it's a stupid little nerd nugget, and it doesn't bother me, just curious.

Also, the apartment at the end, was that not the same as the one from Rami 2 & 3?

Maybe my crowd was more subdued, but I didn't hear much of a reaction to the big reveals in this film, and nothing like the Endgame cheering and whooping. I was also stuck in the front row, so maybe I didn't hear as much.

I saw Kraven holding his spear

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

JT Smiley posted:

It completes the outfit.

Speaking of which, the Hasbro prop replica looks pretty good on my shelf for just a whopping 50 bucks.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

https://twitter.com/gerryconway/status/1486063753883836417?s=20

Fair point Gerry

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Well we are getting a divorce now.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Who has Madame Web in their top 30 favorite spider characters?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Is it Madame Webs or Madams Web?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I thought the Kingo thing was fine, with such a large cast it allowed for an ostensable hero to actually be lovely and selfish.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I think its Cersy, Geoff

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I called him Darkseed my entire life until I watched a bootleg of Whedon's Justice League or whatever where they said it out loud.

Same, but I think it was the Superman cartoon where I heard it pronounced first

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Joes and Jeffs are natural enemies

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

BrianWilly posted:

On the one hand I really like those JSA designs, vry shiny

On the other hand did they have to make the movie look so...yellow?

I'm assuming its set in the fake middle east, and everyone knows the middle east is yellow.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Aphrodite posted:

I thought that’s Mexico.

Both have brown people and to 'Merica its the same difference.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

MH Knights posted:

I saw a trailer for a new superhero comedy that looked somewhat interesting but then saw it was being distributed by...The Daily Wire :yikes: (Hence why I am not naming or linking to the the trailer)

Oh was it that one d-bag who made a comic about him being a CIA secret agent?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Captain Carter’s shield makes an appearance on a poster. I need to see Atwell in this movie!

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

My brain has some smooth parts so when I see a neat trailer I just get excited to see the movie. Then when the movie is out I watch it and enjoy it. It’s a simple life, but it works for me.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Mameluke posted:

hell yes i loving hope it's knull he is so god drat stupid it's amazing

one day, we will have a live-action Batman Who Laughs as well

Donny Cates came back to Twitter just to say it wasn’t. So who knows.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Didn’t Barry’s brother accidentally confirm it?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Avoiding spoilers but I wanted to complain, somehow Twitter has decided that I want to see posts about Snyder superhero movies even though I’ve blocked them. Some of those people are coo coo for Cocoa Puffs.

That is all.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Desperado Bones posted:

Oh no.
:cripes: I hope they don't bring their stupid hashtag. I think they always do when there's a DC announcement.
You got your movie, move on you weirdos.

Its now #MakeTheBatfleckMovie

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Blockhouse posted:

He doesn't want to be in a Batman movie! That's how this happened!

You and I understand that, but these whackos must think they can bully Ben into doing the movie. Poor bastard will drink himself to death under constant harassment to dress like a bat and punch people.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Arist posted:

The seawall is mentioned during the TV debate at the very start, it stuck out to me because it was a weird worldbuilding detail at the time, in a good way.

There was also a newspaper on a wall in I think the Mayor’s house with a sub headline mentioning funding issues for the sea wall.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Not to stereotype, but

This dude reads comics.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I can’t imagine not enjoying something and making that my entire personality.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Your mom!

(Pleased rap battle guy.gif)

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I wonder if since it’s deleted they’ll change his appearance when he actually shows up. Not sure if I like the disfigurement

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

The Academy must address this horrific act of violence immediately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Mameluke posted:

not to out myself but i would be asking, "where were the x-men during the snap"

Well you see, some of the people who came back from the snap came back.. different