Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Rhonne posted:

With MJ and Ned out of the picture(for now), I wonder if they use this as a chance to introduce a MCU Gwen Stacy? Of course, if you bring her in, do you just have her be normal Gwen or go full Ghost Spider?

This is pretty much exactly what I was thinking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Open Marriage Night posted:

Next Spider-Man would be a good time to introduce Black Cat

Yeah it seems like they're finally moving into the "young adult" Spider-Man, so entering the Black Cat era might make some sense. I'm the weirdo the really liked Andrew Garfield as Spider-Man and enjoyed ASM 1, but man it should have been post high school, even then Garfield looked like Buscemis "fellow kids" guy.

The reset is a pretty good way to do a soft reboot of the series while maintaining the cast. Part of me wishes they'd just stop while they're ahead, but another part of me wants to see where they go. The worst part of the Holland movies was all the tech, so it's cool to completely take it off the table.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

The original Venom surprised me by being enjoyable. Let There Be Carnage was just awful.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Sanschel posted:

Honestly if they want to introduce Hobgoblin, go the Phil Urich route. Introduce Ben as a competitor to Jameson and Pete becomes friends with his nephew Phil, then through whatever contrivance you like he can become Hobgoblin/Green Goblin/Goblin King. Hell, merge him with some of the other Hobgoblins and eschew the formula and insanity for a being a crime lord with a theatric bent in your Spidey vs organized crime story since it seems like Pete is now primed to be a proper city hero again.

I mean, can't really introduce him when he already existed. Maybe make that tie into his origin, he decides he wants to go after Kingpin for revenge, and the best way is to become the Hobgoblin and beat him at his own game, crime.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FlamingLiberal posted:

I mean it's been done to death so I don't really mind. We ended up with an unexpected spin on it at least.

This is where I'm at. I just assumed he'd already learned the lessons before Homecoming. As much as I like watching elderly people die, I was fine with skipping this one.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I never watched the Damage Control show, were the Damage Control actors in No Way Home the same?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Opopanax posted:

Pretty sure the show never actually got made. There was that DC one that was kind of similar

Oooh that's right. Dumb brain.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Black Bolt. Comes home one day to find Lockjaw has been killed. Pulls him out of retirement to hunt down the killers and make them pay.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Jamesman posted:

But we already have a Black Bolt!

Do we though? Do we really?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I will say one EXTREMELY disappointing thing about Dr. Strange - where the heck is Ted Raimi????

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

bunnyofdoom posted:

Oh god, what if the reason The Flash is finishing with S8 is because after the Flashpoint movie Grant Gustin will be DCEU Flash. They already had a crossover right?

I have to think Grant Gustin is close to being done with the Flash. Watching the current episodes of the show he just looks like he hates existing.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

BrianWilly posted:

Oh c'mon, I know the CW Flash has become a joke nowadays, but Grant Gustin's more than proven his acting ability. Everyone was enamored with him back in the day.

I don't think he's a bad actor, I think he's just bored with the part.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Joe Fisto posted:

A not THE.

Btw I would love to see The Wizard and his homies on the big screen.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

FF coming and everyone is all “Doom” and I just want The Wizard, Titania, a resurrected Klaw, and Paste Pot Pete.

Guardians of the Galaxy 3 mid credits scene is the Baxter Building floating in space

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Shageletic posted:

Who first wrote Gambit? His whole thing was being the "super coolest dude" that says garcon and poo poo

Chris Claremont (X-Men 266). He really was toned down at first, just a thief that Storm met who said chere a lot. He didn't really get cartoonishly NORLEANS until around when X-Men TAS came out.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL6hp8BKB24

I always like this video when people complain about CGI. It was legitimately eye opening for me.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

More-bius

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

That was quick.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

muscles like this! posted:

It's 45 days which is becoming pretty standard when studios have their own streaming services.

Yeah that's true I guess I'm just bad at math and time is a flat circle lately.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

In a shocking twist, it's actually Matthew Modine

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

TwoPair posted:

No, 30 minutes of Eddie Brock in that bar being confused as hell while the bartender explains the entire history of the MCU.

"So you're tellin me that there's a guy whose power is to shrink? And that's a good thing?"

Not gonna lie I'm sold

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I'm sad the 2099 books didn't catch on. Not because they were good books, but because I have all the #1s and I'd hoped to retire off the money for selling them

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Venom v. Morbius - Dawn of Darkness

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

theironjef posted:

Do we have to? Are there maybe other comic book movie things? I hear Feige hinted at Secret Wars for Phase 5 today.

I rewatched Darkman a few weeks ago, holds up.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Phenotype posted:

In a perfect world it would have been Norm McDonald. RIP.

"Ben, you're a rock-like thing of a man, so we'll call you the Thing. Sue, you can turn invisible, so your name is the Invisible Woman! Johnny, you're human, and you're a torch, we'll call you the Human Torch! As for me, Reed Richards, I can stretch my body like a rubber band. I will be Mr. Fantastic! okay moving on lets discuss the"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GyCK9RdGSI

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I'm personally shocked you didn't try to grab the display to sell for untold fortunes on Facebook marketplace

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Lobok posted:

Back in the '70s Marvel had an explosion of martial arts characters and one of them was White Tiger, a Puerto Rican. Marvel's first Hispanic superhero. I always thought he was cool but I'm not sure who has the rights for him. I assumed he was part of Spider-Man's world because that's how I was introduced to him and other versions of the character have been adapted in Spider-Man cartoons but apparently he started out in Shang-Chi so maybe he doesn't belong to Sony.

I know at least at one point there's a new female White Tiger and she appeared frequently in Daredevil.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

She's playing White Rabbit and they're adapting the single best issue of Spectacular Spider-Man

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Andrew_1985 posted:

What role would Janet take on? Disco Janet as Dazzler?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Soonmot posted:

honestly, I don't even know who I'd want to cast as Wolverine. No one springs to mind, probably be best to have him be an unknown.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Mameluke posted:

I thought we agreed Wolverine would be a digitally-shortened Jared Keeso from Letterkenny

I mean, Hugh Jackman is 6'3 and Keeso is 5'10. He's practically a midget by Hollywood standards. I've had this thought before. :D

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

bunnyofdoom posted:

Max comedy, Evan Stern. Get him buff, he's tiny and hairy and Canadian

But will Professor X still be played by Patrick STEWRT

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Lager posted:

Honestly, I know it's a cliché with comic book stuff, but I really feel like X-Men is better as a prestige tv series or an animated show than as a series of movies. There are certainly ways to make a good X-Men movie, but the comics are such a soap opera that I feel like leaning into the longer form storytelling of a show is advantageous for the property.

I agree. X-Men is an ensemble, it's hard to really have character development with a bunch of team members in a movie. I think Guardians pulled it off pretty well, but even that was mostly Star-Lord.

Have an ongoing series would be better.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

theironjef posted:

He was in Infinite, not 3. Came out in 2017 so a few years after GoTG. Easy to forget which one of those is which because they're both kinda meh, but he was in the worse one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogvrlMOuhJA

He was in 3 too

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Opopanax posted:

There's no way a Flash movie is good enough to put up with all this

Imagine if you were someone involved in the Batgirl movie and you see the constant drama with Miller and know that the movie still isn't getting pulled.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

site posted:

I'll see if i can find a clip but in the new cyberpunk anime there a scene where it goes in slowmo to do all the super speed stuff and it plays out all the way, but then it cuts backwards and you see the whole thing from a third party's perspective and it all happens in like 2 second it's pretty neat.

dunno how you could sustain that for a whole movie but it works

Yeah that's kind of how they handled the Quicksilver scenes in the X-Men movies, which were really good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9GFyZ5LREQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnZqB5Z75zI

Literally the only good part of Apocalypse.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Joe Fisto posted:

I watched the first few seasons of The Flash, I do not recall it looking that bad. How did it get worse? I don't understand.

Budgets go down and salaries go up the longer a show is on, gotta cut something

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Cowards should have gone full silly and had them fly him around but flipping him upside down.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Soul Glo posted:

Dark Fate was fine, but I am a Terminator apologist who still wishes the Salvation story got its sequels

You can keep your Salvation sequels but I want a third season of The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Opopanax posted:

I guess if it we get a cgi Ford Rulk out of it I’m kind of in

I want a behind the scenes with grumpy Harrison Ford being fitted with CGI balls