Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

I’m generally really happy with D2 right now. I really don’t care about sunsetting at all because I generally don’t grind for guns or get very attached to non-exotics in the first place. Here are my biggest complaints about BL:

* The in game storyline of Eramis felt pretty pointless - the darkness took out half our solar system and we’re fighting some loser Fallen who just lets us pick off her generals one by one before killing her. It worked for Forsaken but really doesn’t here. All the Clovis stuff is so much more interesting.
* There should’ve been a new dungeon, dungeons are my fav PVE content
* Holy poo poo Bungie how are there no new Crucible maps or anything???

Playing D2 is still fun as ever though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

RBA Starblade posted:

It's kind of weird how there are old-as-gently caress Fallen and also an endless supply of them seemingly to keep founding houses and scrap cities that fail. Haven't they been here like hundreds of years now? At least the Cabal have the excuse of "we got reinforcements".

When you cut off a Fallen’s arm the arm grows into a new Fallen.

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

RBA Starblade posted:

First one in a a while but back earlier you just got one. That's a bummer.

Not a fan of the barrier mod system either

This is the season of Anti-Barrier Pulse + No Time to Explain, friend.

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Oxyclean posted:

What do you guys bind sword block to? It's on B for me and I find that super awkward to press, particularly if I'm trying to move as well.

L2

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Actually wait, sword block isn’t the same button as Aim Down Sights on KBM?

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Bite of the Fox is a good kinetic sniper from IB — right now!

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Which is just the dumbest thing. I can do shatter damage. Let me smash the Eramis icicle.

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Hand cannon + Surprise Attack sidearm for life

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Just did the 1250 Perdition and got Claws of Ahamkara. Before I waste my time going in again, someone clarify for me how it works:

Does it give you a chance of getting an exotic, and the exotic is guaranteed to be arms?

Does it give you a guaranteed arm exotic, and there's a chance it's the new warlock poison arms?

Does it give you a chance at the exotic warlock arms, but something broke and instead it gave me an exotic I already had?

E: Is the 'prioritise exotics you don't have' thing supposed to be working here or not?

It’s a chance to get any exotic in the slot the sector says it will reward, commonly or rarely based on LL. Might be a higher chance to get one you don’t have than one you do have, but getting one you already have is not a bug.

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Waking vigil!

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Arcturas posted:

Do we have a sense of when the next expansion/campaign/DLC/whatever is going to drop? I'm not opposed to buying Beyond Light or whatever the current shiny thing is, but if there's something new in the pipelines for a week or a month out, I'll just snag Forsaken or Shadowkeep instead and play those raids/strikes for a bit instead.

Next Fall.

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

I don’t understand the parts in the patch notes about weapons not dropping when they’ve reached their maximum power. Anyone know what that’s about?

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Only 20,000 people play trials during a weekend? How can Bungie justify spending any amount of resources on something with that low of a population?

Edit: Doh can’t read, that’s how many went flawless.

Mattavist fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Feb 28, 2021

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Could teleporting enemies be due to increased enemy density in things like battlegrounds and the new strikes?

I guess that wouldn’t make sense for things like Presage though where there’s low enemies since all this stuff runs off our own systems and not Bungie servers, right?

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Banshee is selling Wrath of Rasputin again today, go buy it if you missed it a couple weeks ago.

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Even aside from the monetization I don’t understand why steps 1 and 3 exist, why are there so many steps? It should just be do bounty, make ornament.

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Mesadoram posted:

Hmm, just listened to the song that Lakashmi sings again. It's Savathun's theme, and she says that "the people" are singing it.

I love this kind of poo poo :allears:.

Edit: PSA - Sunshot apparently works with Energy Accelerant. Gonna test it now.

That’s Savathun’s theme? I recognized the tune but thought it was just “Destiny 2 Theme Song”

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

let me tell ya something son, if you aren't slowly earning macguffins in this game so you can eventually change what your hat looks like, you might as well quit.

I agree

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

FWC has the best branding in the tower.

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Savathun got you again!

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Bideo James posted:

bup bup bup bup bup
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qlz_6ExKnxs

anyways, if you bought this to look at the bungie stuff. woops.

What was this?

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

I feel like most developers are just silently assuming that everyone will use Discord, letting them not implement their own comms. Years ago I’d say this was lazy but Discord works well enough (better than like 99% of in game) and everyone uses it, so go nuts devs.

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Tell me all your thoughts on Merciless

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Umbrals were probably TOO good for Seasons of Arrival (if you believe such a thing to be possible/a problem)

Umbrals were crap for Season of the Chosen (Battlegrounds & Hammer Charges were a miss, to me)

Umbrals are good for Season of the Splicer, but it was a huge mistake to use the same currency for focusing engrams & upgrading your gauntlet.

Yeah, agree with all of this.

BobbyDeluxe I think you’re on the correct track with thinking about umbrals, but have a little FOMO anxiety or something adjacent to it. Just use them to chase a good roll on your fav gun for the season and ignore everything else.

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Worms are dumb as hell; they eat poop

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

life_source posted:

But also lmfao at "become better in their next attempt" have you seen how trash people are at the pvp in any game??? some people are incapable of improving

>:O

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

I swear that teaser is a shot for shot remake of the first 7 seconds of a perfume commercial.

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

I’m pretty excited about everything they talked about today. Pricing sucks but still gonna buy it, I never felt like I didn’t get my money’s worth out of a Destiny purchase.

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Their metrics must be telling them it’s better to put time and effort into new content and not guiding new/returning players.

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

IMO the best MoCo gun is any SMG.

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

I think that XIM users were already too good and there can’t be all that many of them, so them getting better in exchange for better controller options for everyone is worth it.

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Toozler posted:

Are Overrides on rotation now? Trying to do Last City on alt for the golfball and only Moon Override is available as far as I can tell

Yeah, last week was Europa.

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

You can scroll the aspect list left/right, it’s probably on the next page.

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

RocketRaygun posted:

I disagree with this. I think the game is good again because they did it and then subsequently undid it.

Before sunsetting, the godroll for a good 90% of the guns in the game is Outlaw/Rampage or Outlaw/Kill Clip. Now these combos barely drop, even on guns that used to roll it. Instead, they created a whole bunch of perks and combos that are objectively worse than an Outlaw/Rampage or Outlaw/KillClip combo, but because you almost never see those combos anymore and all the guns with them were sunset, there is a wide space to play with gun rolls nowadays. Outlaw, Rampage, and Kill Clip still drop on guns and they are objectively good perks, but now they stopped doing those combos on most guns we get really interesting combos that are more varied and interesting.

I am extremely happy the game is in the current state it is. Destiny is actually good right now. I am annoyed at the process it took to get here, but in the end, you can't have this high of a high point without the lowpoint it was at, and clearing out all the degenerate combos they printed in Year 2.

I feel like a bunch of weapons with Outlaw and Kill Clip/Rampage are dropping lately. No I don’t have any examples!! Even on the guns that can roll them I’d rather have other perks though (I love Heating Up, Killing Wind, and Demolitionist forever).

I wish Bungie would talk more about designing guns. It’s the core of the game but instead they talk endlessly about anything but, except in terms of buffs/nerfs.

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Destiny 2 PC: It’s loving weird, isn’t it?

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

3 burst sidearms are the best. I managed a 15 Game win streak in trials never switching off of Last Dance

Got any video of that? Would love to see it!

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

The Uldren stuff is happening because the writer watched too many WB teen dramas where every storyline is based on characters not telling each other things.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

E: also confused about that article - If Marty 'won' the case in 2014 how the gently caress were they able to semand he turn over all MotS stuff?

Court decisions aren’t winner take all. Without reading the original lawsuit I’m guessing this is what happened:

1. Marty sues Bungie alleging wrongful termination (some terms in an employment contract?)
2. Bungie countersues saying Marty has Bungie property (music he composed during employment)
3. Court finds in favor of Marty’s wrongful termination claim, Bungie must pay him
4. Court finds in favor of Bungie’s claim, Marty must turn over all Bungie property and not keep/distribute it
5. Oops, Marty can’t stay off the internet

Mattavist fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Sep 17, 2021

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

If 7 win flawless got replaced with something else, what should it be?

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

No he was coincidentally eating while talking to Savathun and bit his cheek really hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Shatterdive is definitely OP because it lets me get like 10 kills per game instead of 2. I’ll continue to abuse it until it’s worthless.