Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Used some of the gems mihoyo gave away and got a barb constellation, Diona and DILUC! right after the fire nerf. thanks mihoyo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Just got back into the game since cross-save is a thing now along with the Traveler getting Electro. While I'm not a fan of the moneysink it is to get new characters, I'm having fun with my basic team comps with Qiqi as my Healing anchor. Wish there was a mechanism for unplayed characters to level up passively.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Is filling out the character constellations actually worth the trouble? I've gotten dupes for Ningguang and Bennet pretty much in a row, and it feels like a bummer when I could be getting a new character with a fresh kit.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

pulled ayaka's banner and came away with a new cryo unit.

Welcome, big Chongus

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

I know it's antithetical to the gatcha model, but I wish (ha!) there was way to earn constellations aside from randomly winning a slot pull, no matter how grindy it would be

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

I have to say that after using her in the trial, Ayaka is my jam. Debating on spending :10bux: to get her.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

For the life of me I cannot beat the challenge fight you need to win to knock out the forcefield protecting the shard in the Into the Mountains quest. My team is 70/50/50/40. Am I underleveled or just bad?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

RareAcumen posted:

No idea what your team looks like so I dunno. I got frozen so many times doing that one, it's really annoying.

I'm running Anemo Lumine/Qiqi/Diluc/Xingqiu. I only have one of those seelie warming spots unlocked, if that matters.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Some Numbers posted:

Is this the one with multiple Abyss Mages? That one is a huge pain in the rear end; the way I beat it was breaking their shields and drowning them.

If you want to poke us on the Discord, I'm sure some of us would be happy to jump in and help out.

How does co-op work in regards to story missions? I thought it didn't work at all.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Genshin is my first gacha game. How long do these usually get supported? Can it make enough money that they would introduce new characters until the end of time?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

El Generico posted:

it'd be nice if the visionless got a champion

a rock lee equivalent

he has a vision... for punching

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

How does the pity system exactly work and is there an easy way to tell how close/far I am? Beside keeping my own spreadsheet or anything like that.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Thanks for the info, everyone. Just pulled Ayaka the other day, so I guess I'll be trying to save the next one for Raiden maybe?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

how do I get silly YouTube damage numbers? Like 4 digits on normal hits.

I realize that I crutch hard on teammates doing matchmade domains for upgrade mats and artifacts, soloing world bosses takes too long as I play keepaway/heal while not dealing enough dps. :sigh:

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Finally beat that dumb section of Into the Mountains (along with the entire quest). Spent the rest of my resin doing the domain there are only got two Blizzard Strayer pieces so far. Sigh.

edit: took that goon's advice and corraled them at the edge of the water then pushed them off with the traveler's rasengan skill. thanks buddy!

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Does this game support Bluetooth controllers on Android yet?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

What's the difference between ascending a weapon and refining it?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Ultima66 posted:

I've seen most people say the Inazuma Crafted sword is better than Black Sword on Ayaka. She really appreciates the free energy as someone who wants to ult spam and the base stats probably work out to about the same DPS as Black Sword with Blizzard Strayer bonus.

I heard that it's just ok until you get it to R5, until then the other options are black longcliff and the black sword or anything that ups crits

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Mang Tomas posted:

How good? I love the look of the crafted sword but I already pre prepped a maxed R2 black sword for Ayaka already.

If you're critting all the time with your normals, getting 60 percent of that back as HP every 5 seconds is pretty good

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Is XQ the best hydro for permafrost comps?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Sayu the hedgehog

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Is that someone modifying her voicelines or re-enacting it? either way lol

I feel like I've heard that clip before, sounds like the old Navy SEAL meme copypasta

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Draxion posted:

No the reason it goes to bennett is because it's funny to give the unluckiest boy in the world a cursed sword

I don't know any of the lore behind Bennett but the thumbs up in his burst is so wholesome and gets me every time

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Space Opera posted:

I think Bennet's hangouts are the best out of all of them and really sell him as a character. If you haven't done his yet, I highly recommend it.

what are hangouts and how do I do them?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

What is up with the Noblesse Oblige domain Abyss Mages straight up deleting you with the ice fog and fire blasts? This is on the first level too.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I had to look this up to see if it's true and jeazus chriiiiist. It doesn't even make sense for the character

If they're going to add a useless passive, at least make it a cosmetic one, like all characters in her party add fireworks to their skill an/or burst when she's in the party.

If her passive was a percent chance to create a firework blast after defeating an enemy to draw aggro, that would be kinda neat

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

How far away is the Baal/Raiden banner? thinking about saving all my primos until then.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Legit wish for a knockout system for artifacts sets. My 5 noblesse masks say hi.

edit: it doesn't even have to be a pure 100 percent knockout list, but drat 5 masks.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Mailer posted:

Finally, my not insane at all clearing of Inazuma pays off. :shepface:

I'm doing it for Ayaka, might as well keep it going

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

DarkAvenger211 posted:

Trying to join a friend for coop, the request to join button is greyed out for me trying to join them, though they can join me just fine. We're both the same world level so I'm not sure what's up here :/

MP opens up when you reach AR 16. If you're above that, you might have accidentally started a story quest that disallows coop. Finish it, and coop should open up again.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

game needs a monk-style character with 5* brass knuckles as weapons

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Do blue leylines just drop those xp books? If so, how many? Is it worth the resin cost or should I just farm artifacts/talent mats?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

baby delivery truck posted:

What's baal even do other then swordtits or something

She got that big mommy Dom energy

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Ayaka is my main right now, and I have Qiqi (4pc maiden beloved and R2 Sac Sword) as my emergency "need health now" button and for some cryo particles. Would Diona a better investment in general? I haven't really worked on her so she doesn't have much in the way of artifacts/stats/weapons.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

So if I have this right, my last Wish on the Character gave me Ayaka which resets my 5* pity back to 0. So that means I need at most 180 wishes to guarantee Raiden? That comes out to 28800 primos, oof.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Hopper posted:

Aw man. Why did they make the lvl 30 world ascenion automatic. Now I am hosed.

I ascended my world with the 25 quest after switching to PC because I just couldn't handle mobile controls against the cube, or any boss mob that needs dodging tbh.

Queue me being lvl 29 from retroactive XP and reaching 30 and getting the Next World ascension while gathering Character leveling materials. Now everything is tough as nails and I can't beat the geo prymovishawhatever that I need to kill to ascend Yanfei because that mob is now lvl 50 and I do zero damage.

I take it I can't lower the world level, right?

You can change your world level by 1 (and only 1) once every 24 hours. It's there on your name banner when you open up the menu.

edit: World acensions have quests on the fives but are automatic on the zeroes. Also, your reward potential is less when you lower your world level. just something to keep in mind.

hiddenriverninja fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Aug 14, 2021

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Space Opera posted:

Add me to the list of people enjoying my newly acquired perma freeze team thanks to Ayaka. I tried Oceanid today and despite getting a ton of the drat hawks I was still able to destroy everything with ease. Xingqiu and Barbara are finally going to see ascension beyond 50/50! :dance:

How are you taking care of the hawks? just normal bows? I can deal with everything but them

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

I swap out my Barbara for Ningguang on my freeze team for Oceanid fights, the stupid arena breaks her shield-wall instantly but her basic attacks generate enough shielding that the birds aren't a problem, and then I swap her out for Ayaka/Kaz hypermurdering for everything that isn't a dumb bird.

I ended up using this strat and it worked, thanks! still don't know what to do about that Submerge move the boss does that seems like an OHKO though.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Getting the 5 star lens flare and having it drop a weapon type you don't have any developed characters for is just :bahgawd:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

brainwrinkle posted:

I got all of the primos from the new Theater Mechanicus after only Stage 4 so I'm pretty happy with the event.

How many primos in total did you get?