Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

No Wave posted:

You don't have to worry about it at all. You can beat everything outside of the abyss comfortably with a comp of Xiangling, Fishl, and Barbara just using your Es and Qs every so often.

Can confirm. The hardest story quest boss so far was hilariously easy with these three + Noelle.

Shield, park bear and bird on boss, hit with spear til shield pops, back off and heal with Barb until it's Ready, Set, Go! time again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe
The character with instructor has to be on the field when they cause a reaction to proc the buff. So you want to make sure whatever you're going to smash has some elemental effect on it already. Wait for the reaction and then swap to your next character. Xiangling is a little annoying to wait for guobas first flame puff so I run the set on Fischl or catalyst users mostly.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe

Squiddycat posted:

As a dedicated Barb user for heals, the best second choice is Jean, right?

I did pull her recently and was wondering if I should be leveling up her for my second abyss healer
The consensus seems to be that Bennett is better in abyss on most teams due to his burst giving your carry a bunch of damage in addition to keeping them healed, and Qiqi makes you nigh unkillable since she can let your carry heal themselves while attacking. But Jean is handy too especially on higher floors if you abuse her ability to throw mobs around for massive falling damage. I'd probably build up Jean just to do this because it looks fun.

That said, you can get by without any of them. I have used Barb and Noelle (both level 50) for all my healing needs up to floor 10, and all that's holding me back is getting my carries stacked and my supporting cast set up properly. Noelle has gotten more love because she needs it to keep up as a healer. Putting her with another Geo character to help keep her burst available is not always viable because of all the elements you need on each team to deal with shields, but it's pretty awesome on the floors where it's an option. Also, since she can only heal while she's hitting with her own shield up, she takes investment to keep her shield strength high enough to not instapop while also needing to still do some damage for you so you aren't completely cratering your DPS while she's out. Fortunately, she gives you something to do with your 5* artifacts with +DEF%, so she's not fighting over stuff with other characters. Barb provides heals and can deal with fire shields but is a liability on floors with a lot of cryo damage coming at you. She does combo well with Thrilling Tales + her E with a bursty hydro like Mona or Childe, but, again, stacking 2 hydros is a luxury you can't afford with a lot of abyss floors.

But yeah, I recently bought Bennett out of the store and pulled Diona, so I look forward to having more options once I have time to mess with them.

aparmenideanmonad fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Nov 15, 2020

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe

UltraRed posted:

Do we have a thread somewhere for Genshin Impact team ups? I need help killing the wolf boss, but pubbies are not being responsive. :( Don't see a thread in private servers.

Hit me up if you still need help - I could use a wolf fight this week anyway (used it for last day of last banner).

UID 609149745

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe

Canopus250 posted:

Is it up in your world? I need a host for it. I misspoke in my first post.

Nah UltraRed apparently needs help with his this week though - I'm in the same boat as you.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe
After building solar pearl and C2 Ning from the last BP and current banner, I was already intending to use my saved guaranteed pity (pulled Mona on Venli banner) on Zhongli. I'm now strongly considering getting Deathmatch (crit polearm) from this BP to go all in on big-numbers-burst squad (Ning, Mona, Bennet and Papa Geo). I previously planned to get the sword for some future character I don't have because it seems solid, but now I'm pretty set on this. Tell me how dumb I am.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah this is where I’m at with Ningguangs C2. It seems on the face of it super OP.

This is correct, especially given how fast it casts, the scaling on the dmg, how well it knocks mobs around, and the range on the AE. Really looking forward to even more screen spamming/exploding shenanigans with Zhongli.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe

Sirbloody posted:

I need help coming up with a "core" team (And a team 2 for Abyss). I am only AR34 (Close to 35) / world level 3 but figured I should try to develop a coreish team while it is still easy to level everyone up to where they need to be. The only 5* weapon I have is the Amos bow but I have a mix of decent refined 3*/4* weapons and I can also make I think at least 1 of everything at the blacksmith (No Rust bow though) .

Here is my current roster:

Diluc, Childe, Ningguang C5 , Xiangling C1 , Sucrose , Bennett C1 , Chong, Beidu C2 , Barb C1 , Xingqiu , Lisa, Noell C2, Kaeya , Amber , Diona. (I will get Fisch during this event )

My current "main" team consists of Diluc, Chong, Ningguang, and Barb but it feels like it is missing something (I will say I love Ning's burst and the shields)

Team 2 consists of Childe (Amos bow), Xiangling, Sucrose, and Bennett.

I feel like it would be a waste not to use Ningguan just because she is C5 (I am rolling on the banner to try and get her to C6 (Should have my next 4* pitty in 1 or 2 rolls and I will most likely stop at the point) but I am taking it slow since I think she will pair pretty well with Zhong IF I get him) but other than that I am open to suggestions.

I don't have either of them, but you're kinda committing crimes against the reaction meta for not using Xingqiu with Diluc.

Diluc/Bennett/XQ/(shield breaker/Sucrose swirls) should make a great abyss team on most levels. I use Ning as a carry at C2 (using solar pearl from BP) and like her a lot. Give her Diona or Noelle and whatever elements you need to break shields and help with crystallize reactions (Childe/Chong/Xiangling/Fischl) and you're going to be good. Ning could also be more of a support-DPS/heal using the crafted Prototype Malice with Childe as your carry on team 2 + whatever other shield breaking/shield generation/heals you need to keep ticking. I hear Beidou is strong with Childe as well - there's lots of options!

aparmenideanmonad fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Nov 22, 2020

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe

TheFluff posted:

Mona is arguably the worst 5-star

Pages ago but now relevant again...

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe
The best daily commissions are the ones where if you gently caress up a previous one you get a further one where you get scolded. Tailor made for people who are just blasting through the text rather than reading and responding to questions carefully.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe
My speculative/gimmick team build (given who I have) is going to be Ning DPS, Zhongli SubDPS, Mona SubDPS, Diona Healer.

With petrify and freeze disable (and geo breaking boost), Mona's decoy, lots of big area damage potential, and massive shield gen, I feel like it's got potential to be interesting, even if it's assuredly not going to touch the DPS of fire teams or cluster mobs as well as Anemo.

I am also obviously going to run some domains with Geo family Ning, ZL, Noelle, Geo MC just because.

gandlethorpe posted:

This is just an issue in general that I hope they address. Every non-Pyro/Cryo/Hydro, and to a lesser extent Electro, you put on your team is a liability when it comes to shield breaking. It really discourages taking Anemo and Geo together, and whenever Dendro joins the party it would be affected as well. It also slightly discourages running Pyro/Cryo/Hydro/Electro resonance, because you'll always miss one of the shield-countering elements.

Agreed. I can generally run over overworld fatui trios running Ning/Mona/Noelle/Fish by insta-popping the thunder hammer dudes with bursts/charged attacks, but I've yet to run a double geo team in abyss 7+.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe

:kiss:

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

I tried using geo MC as a support for Ningguang for a while but the rocks were so annoying I just stopped.
Resetting enemies in domains or the abyss is bad, but on top of that geo mc's rocks/ult also instantly destroy Ning's jade screen if it clips them at all when you cast it. Since jade screen has no AOE indicator and no ability to fine-aim where to place it this gets really frustrating, and the jade screen is so big that it's difficult to fit in if you have Geo MC's ult circle on the field with a boulder somewhere inside.

Geo MC rocks also block her projectiles. ZL's pillar can too, but it's a lot narrower and easier to work around.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe
Literally my best artifact, and I use Mona as burst DPS support. Every single substat roll went into ER except one crit rate.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe
:eyepop:
Some nice lookin cups up in here.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe
Does the drop rate on char ascension gems get better at some later world level? At WL 6 I'm really annoyed at getting 1-2 slivers and 1-2 fragments from hypos while also frequently getting no 5* artifacts - feels like a giant waste of resin compared to running two artifact domains with guaranteed 5*s for the same price. I think I've had one gemstone drop ever since the bosses became high enough level to drop them.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe

Sammus posted:

That chubby demon can float. Why the gently caress isn't she carrying these dishes for me while I run around?

She cannot be trusted not to eat it. This is clearly canon.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe
I agree that Zhong needs work. He's a support that needs support, which is pretty stupid for a 5*. The poor energy gen from placing his stele is only available if you avoid using his shield, so he absolutely has to have someone else stuffing energy into his face if you want to use his excellent burst.

That being said, I've been getting good use out of him as a burst support now that I've tinkered with my team (Ning, ZL, Mona, Diona) to help with energy gen. Diona in 4 piece Exile with an offset crit chance hat and a lvl 70 Favonius Warbow has been huge (and getting more intentional about swapping to catch particles). It's less normal/charged attack spam from Ning most of the time now and lot more chain swapping for Es and Qs, but it's working well for all the 60 resin boss fights and artifact/skill domains I've been grinding. A non-obvious perk of dropping the rock is that it does significant damage to all mage shields, regardless of element, and also petrifies enemies through shields (including fatui, though it doesnt damage their shields off-element at all from what I've seen). Consistent 45k crits on unshielded mobs is nice as well (geo team bonus with shield up, curtain bonus, mona ult bonus, no food) - and I still have 4 levels left to go on most of his artifacts (a couple of which are a pretty meh on substats). It is at least nice that HP is a useful substat on him for both his burst and his shield.

The big downside is that it's a lot harder to make him work in Abyss teams given how many demands elemental shield breaking and reaction damage places on your team comp. But I'm getting there. I'll look forward to whatever buff they want to hand him or geo users in general, but it's keeping me interested in this game between content drops to figure out how to make him work.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe

Archonex posted:

If it helps, if you have Ning leveled up and a decently refined Favonius she generates insane energy. Her energy regen is better than Bennet's (And she has synergy with him too for the purposes of getting his attack boosting and healing burst charged faster.) and she generates geo particles on top of regularly producing three orbs from crits.

Granted, you need a favonius with at least 7.5s recharge on the energy gen to really get the most out of it. But each of her projectiles counts for proccing effects. Which means that every charge attack has a good chance of producing the orbs and every burst is almost guaranteed too with a bit of crit. Likewise, I suspect that if her Favonius is refined enough her burst may be able to apply the orb proc twice due to the two waves of attacks if you have her screen out. Which is huge for the long run when it comes to building energy.

The combination of the geo particles and the neutral orbs means that you can recharge Zhongli's burst before it even goes off recharge if you have the right build for Ning. Unfortunately this is an extremely heavy investment for most people. Since you're relying on farming artifacts (and levels. Which is bad since events only give so much and the current rate on leylines is low. Meaning you've got to devote resources to two characters just to get Zhongli's burst to where it can be regularly used.) to get her there. And never mind the gacha of getting enough Favonius Codex's.
Diona is solving the problem at this point, but this is good info for sure for future team comp tweaking. As Ning is still my main DPS in this lineup, I'd have to get significantly better artifact substats on her to replace the crit rate and excellent bonus damage effect on Solar Pearl. While spamming abilities is doing a lot of work, there are plenty of occasions where she still needs to normal+charged attack spam to kill things.

Definitely something to think about once I'm resource rich in (hopefuly) a few months. Being able to have multiple builds on hand would be a lot of fun, and I hope they add support for artifact profiles eventually. I'd enjoy trying her out as a hybrid DPS/heal support too with the Prototype Malice burst spam builds I've seen some people run.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe

Ytlaya posted:

Regarding Zhongli, I'm guessing it's ideal to build him with a lot of HP (since both his shield and burst scale off of it)? Obviously you probably want geo damage or something on the goblet and there's probably some point where you're better off investing in attack or something, but it seems like it might be better than something like crit for him.

If you want number to go up as much as possible on his burst, you are still going to want ATK sands, geo dmg cup, and crit dmg hat. You could argue for HP sands, but the others are not really negotiable unless you're only using him as a shield bot. In any case, HP substats are not something to be mad about on him, for example, this is suboptimal to poor rolls for most characters but it's a great piece on him:

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe
I was looking for my main DPSs, and these are Ning's relevant stats:

80/80 ATK 188 GeoDMG 18
80/90 ATK 198 GeoDMG 24
90/90 ATK 212 GeoDMG 24

Solar Pearl (her weapon):

80/80 ATK 449 CritRate 25.1
80/90 ATK 475 CritRate 25.1
90/90 ATK 510 CritRate 27.6

There is an argument for taking the weapon all the way up and ascending the character to 80/90, but I see no compelling reason to dump books in to get to 90/90.

(Numbers are sourced from a wiki, I assume they're correct)

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe

Mailer posted:

Also gently caress the Noblesse Oblige domain so hard.
You may know this already but it's significantly easier if you tag the start pillar and run back to the entrance. The hydro mage will just sit and wait for you to kill the other two.

(I'm assuming you're at max domain level)

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe

Andrast posted:

Ning with geo resonance is going to be insane if that comes into effect
Yep, this is a bigger buff to her than this+tweaks are to ZL. I didn't see anything about energy generation from his E but maybe it will get a look.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe
I wonder how much of a profit spike this will generate on these last few days of Vago Mundo.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe
I'm having no issues killing the boss, but still can't get the stupid hit-it-10-times-with-red-shards thing. I have pumped 20+ into it multiple times and it never works. Does it only count during a particular phase or something?

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe

BexGu posted:

So this is my current roster:

I've been running Diluc/Xiangling/Fishcel/Barbara but since I recently got Albedo & Bennett I've been looking for some new team comps to try. Any good suggestions?
The above is a good team. Bennett + Diluc is a can't go wrong duo for sure. But if you want to use both Bennett and Albedo, here's some ideas:

Diluc carry: Diluc Bennett Albedo (Fish/Babs) - depending if you want to do overloads or vaporizes, and whether getting frozen is going to be an issue. This should take less effort in levels/gear.

Double geo Ning carry: Ning Albedo Bennett (Xiangling/Fish) - double fire vs. fish's excellent dmg with her Ascension 4 talent that works with geo crystallize reactions - which is better is going to depend on your gear and constellations. Ning will take more work to get up to carry status, and will need a solid weapon to be good. Solar Pearl from the banner if you're thinking about paying :10bux: is excellent. The Widsith and Eye of Perception (or any of the 5* catalysts) are solid options as well if you've gotten one of them from gacha.

You can also do double geo double fire with Ning doing burst support with Prototype Amber (aka Prototype Malice) which is a craftable weapon - she will give out heals to the whole party every time she ults.
Diluc Bennett Ning Albedo

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

(Small, but still) counter-point: Fischl built for DPS is invaluable when you don't want to / cannot reach the enemy, like against Eye of Storm, Ruin Guard in air and few other minor exceptions.
I'll quibble back: useful, yes, but invaluable only if you have no other ranged DPS. Hazdoc's point still stands in these cases because, for example, Ning + Oz on the field will absolutely wreck Fish's DPS on her own for all this stuff. It's not that Fish is unsuitable for doing on-field damage, it's that she's merely OK at it while being a top-tier off-field damage support. Deciding to use her for aesthetics/waifu/etc. reasons is totally fine, but it makes no sense to argue for her on-field carry use for DPS reasons given that her kit is designed to make other, already-stronger-than-her carries even better.

aparmenideanmonad fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Jan 4, 2021

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe
EDIT: beaten

Abyss 9-12 is the endgame, and it's also only part of it that refreshes (twice a month).

Take your time on 1-8, those can only be unlocked for rewards once, though they can be rerun to try to snag achievements etc.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe

Flair posted:

Well you can beat that boss with a non-dps barbara since he has no timer and has no 100%-hit attack. It's all about dodging unless you can deal a great deal of damage yourself. His attack pattern stays simple so as long as you don't get hit by him.
Yep. First few times I killed him was just dropping Oz and Guoba with Barb's heal running while trying to watch, learn, and dodge his attacks.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe

Whoreson Welles posted:

What is the go-to stat preference and artifact set for John Lee now that he's been reworked a bit? Or is there another rework coming? What I've found was 2xGlad and 2xGeo Buff with preference for Energy Regen.
For burst damage support with solid shielding, pick any mix of 2 piece petra/glad/noblesse with your best substats to get a nice mix of crit>atk/hp>ER. He's not as picky as some which is great.

For mainstats, ATK/GeoDMG/Crit for sands/goblet/hat (crit chance if you dont have enough with weapon and substats, crit dmg otherwise). If your team isn't double geo and sucks at generating particles, you might consider mainstat ER sands, but I'd argue it's better to change your team. HP substats are welcome on him and will be even better if some of the proposed changes come down, but they're not currently good enough to dump any of these maintstats unless you are running out of good ATK sands and have a nicely substatted on-set HP sands.

For reference, I use my 70/80 ZL with Deathmatch and 2pc noblesse and 2pc glad (I'd ideally switch this to petra but I have some really nice glad pieces for him) ATK/GeoDMG/CritDMG for burst support with Ning and he's got ~21k hp and drops 40-60k foodless crit rocks on cooldown depending on party comp.

aparmenideanmonad fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jan 7, 2021

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe

Radical posted:

Does the Favonius crit passive work when the character is off the field?
No. As far as I know, no weapon effects can be activated unless the character is on the field. Would make Fischl, Xiangling, etc. even more OP as damage supports if not.

Fav crit passive works really well with characters who can multihit with an E on even single targets, like Diona. Otherwise you need some crit chance on your artifacts if you want it to be reliable.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe
Mona has bad normal attacks. Her charged attack is less bad but still not amazing. Her ult is the only part of her kit that is exciting for damage, so she really fits best as burst support with 2pc noblesse and 2pc hydro set in a vaporize team. If you want to do sustained DPS on a catalyst user try Klee or Ning.

Edit: Mona has a lot of utility with her taunt, water run, and her burst disable outside of her damage potential, but she's not a good carry.

aparmenideanmonad fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jan 9, 2021

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe

Ytlaya posted:

Very happy to see Xingqiu on the new banner.

Not so happy to see Xiangling, who is C6.
Extremely same.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe

Stormgale posted:

Debating if I wanna level my noelle C6 or ning C2 for eventual geo fun

Yeah, if you want to roll Noelle as a carry then bring Ning along for energy regen and burst support. Geo resonance is pretty good as well. If you only want to level one of them, I'd start with Ning unless you're hurting for healers.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe

dogsicle posted:

i don't see why they shouldn't improve it

there's already a problem with some mainstats being incredibly rare, getting one of those pieces and then having barely any to no usable substats is a thing that can happen and just sucks even if you're not minmaxing. especially with how this stuff interacts with needing specific slots that can mess with your set bonus.
I agree with others that the current system is totally sufficient for getting you to AR45 and the 5* artifact grind, but I also have the aforementioned brainworms and am now at the point where, when considering regearing my current teams or even developing new characters, I think things like "THIS ON SET ATK SANDS WITH NO CRIT SUBSTATS IS TRASH". Would love for a way to reroll substats - I'd even take it restricted to level 0 artifacts to keep some of the rarity/RNGeezus blessedness of truly well-rolled artifacts in play.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe

No Wave posted:

There's no AR50 trap. I get mad when posters here talk about it because it's not real and is just a way for players who started earlier to make newer players feel scared because it gets them off for some reason. I am AR52 and everything dies extremely fast.
This is from a few pages back, but I just wanted to echo this as someone who did the WL7/AR51 unlock quest yesterday. Pods of overworld mobs die just as fast as they always have, and wolf and oceanid weren't noticeably harder. For what it's worth I use Ning Benny ZL with a flex XL/Fish/Mona/Diona for 4th spot for most content. Even my budding Keq team (yay standard banner wishes from ascensions) can still kill stuff and she's using level 4-8 artifacts still.

AG3 posted:

Rolled because I wanted a few Noelle constellations. After burning 10k primogems and 10 fates, the total was 1 Noelle constellation. Sigh. Also got Jean, which is kind of whatever at this point in the game for me. I didn't really want Ganyu because her trial didn't make her seem all that fun to play for me, and Jean probably won't see any use either, so... at least the game didn't give me my third Diluc I guess?
XQ is the last 4 star I don't have, I have C6 XL already, and I'm really hoping you used up all the bad luck friendo. Especially since I only have 4k primos after going hard for constellations last banner.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe

aparmenideanmonad posted:

XQ is the last 4 star I don't have, I have C6 XL already, and I'm really hoping you used up all the bad luck friendo. Especially since I only have 4k primos after going hard for constellations last banner.

25 pulls got me Ganyu (soft pity), two 4-star weapon dupes, and a Xiangling brick....yeah I'm done. Come back to the shop waterboyo!

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe
I now have all the on-palette floaty friends.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe

Archonex posted:

I forgot to get the screenshot of my attributes in that screenshot, but it's around 1.8k attack, 35-45ish percent crit, 148% crit damage, and about 35ish% cyro elemental damage before buffs from Prototype Crescent, her burst, or anything else are applied.
This is really important context. If those are your base stats with gear only, no resonance or other buffs, you have very good artifact substats, especially if they're not maxed out yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe

Insensitive posted:

Seriously who thought this is a good idea? I don't understand why this is even a thing :psyduck:

The gross part is that I've gotten used to it enough that full speed y axis mouselook movement feels weird briefly any time I play something else.