Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Malefitz posted:

I just bought a 78.71€ certificate that says I'm bad with money.

My god what do you guys do with all this stash space?

I have made the same mistake. I assume this stash space is like a flat surface in a shop, instantly covered with junk from a project and never touched again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

sucks for you, abusing bugs and exploits in shittily made games is totally a-ok in my book, not only that but everyone should strive to exploit the gently caress out of incompetent developers

We found the guy that doesn't put the cart back in the parking lot stalls.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Ixtlilton posted:

If everyone who's posted in this thread votes can we just get him threadbanned?

I'm in. If you cheat you should be shamed out of the community until you change your ways.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

LGD posted:

lol

the scav case remains extremely good

I traded one of those armbands for 2 graphics cards. Some people really, really want that armband.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

bird cooch posted:

I might just take you up on that. My hours have been kind of irregular but it would be fun to play with someone who knows what's what instead of just figuring it out on the fly.

Join the discord, too. You can get carried and sherpa'd across the map by some goon chads and they can help give you gear or 5 stack into factory so you can get non-kill quests done with no pvp. Most of the goons there are willing to help if you join a group.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

bird cooch posted:

Oh yeah, for sure. I just squirreled away a few rubles but that's been the play loop as of late. I quest with some kits, get slapped and then scav and stash run. But that's blunting my desire to keep playing. I was progressing for a while, but now I'm doing the same cycle.

Change it up, naked pistol factory runs, with flashlight, at night.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Just a wild guess but I would bet money on gas stations and tool boxes and OLI.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

xanif posted:

I've been running OLI for computer parts and filters. Haven't found any yet, which is weird because that's where I would expect to find them. I guess I'll check out old and new gas on customs.

Supposedly they are pretty rare and most people are finding them in caches and the occasional toolbox. I only mentioned the gas stations because the flavor text mentions mechanics and poo poo so I thought maybe?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Bussamove posted:

Task revamp patch notes:

-all task locations/items have been moved to completely different areas. No we won’t tell you where.

-Initial quests to unlock Jaeger now require a ratchet wrench and jar of thermite.

-ran quest text through google translate a second time. Now 80% more obtuse Russian colloquialisms!

Bear meet bear in woods. Bears poo poo in woods, yes? Now, collect graphics cards on factory. (Mission is on Customs, mission tab says ANY)

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Hooplah posted:

is there a key other than esc for closing containers/menus? a couple times now when i've been trying to loot fast i've reached my index up to esc and brought my hand down in the wrong spot and hit G instead of F when trying to loot the next thing. that's obviously... less than ideal.

The suggested action is to go into the keybinds and change grenade to a double press of G so you don't do that.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Has anyone tried talking to Twitch's mother? Sounds like a problem that could be solved at home.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

mysteryberto posted:

How CPU dependent is tarkov? I have a ryzen 3600 and a 3080 playing at 1440p. It runs well for the most part but still dips sometimes. Would a ryzen 5900x be worth upgrading to or is it just a case of a poorly optimized game running on unity?

Supposedly it leans more on the cpu than gpu, but I play on a 4770 I7 and a 1070, and the game runs well enough. I'll take that 3600 when you upgrade...

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Cage Kicker posted:

I think I got killed by the stupidest looter in all of Tarkov...I died with a Slick, Exfil with all the doodads, and an RSASS, and this goofball only took the gun.

Whenever I get things back from insurance I just assume the person was killed by a scav and no one found their body after that.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Franks Happy Place posted:

Or they got killed by yet another player, and your loot didn't make the cut among all of the loot that biggest fish was picking from

tokenbrownguy posted:

Exactly. What you thought was your best gear didn’t even catch the nine-figure-looters’ eye.

You poor rear end scum.

Wipe when.

Definitely a possibility. You can tell when the person who looted you died because you get your armored rig back with half your stuff in inside it.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

The flea is around 130 roubles per euro. Ammo sells well at euro prices, as does ammo/mag boxes and the like. I've been selling anything less than 50k roubles for roubles, and anything more for euros.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

N word on repeat so you can't hear footsteps. Streamer strats

I'm going to just play copyrighted music everywhere so streamers have to run away or kill me quickly to avoid getting strikes on their channel.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Cage Kicker posted:

Hey guys I was watching Lvndmark on Twitch and now I have strong feelings about invading Poland, is that normal?

If you watch landmark, yeah. That's normal.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Tabletops posted:

Alternatively none of it makes it into the game for 4 years

So soon? I don't know...

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

giZm posted:

Today's event is losing your secure container on death, and the fallout on Twitter is delicious.

I think you just don't get to use your secure container, death has nothing to do with it. I do love the twitter salt.

giZm posted:

You get the container back via System Message.

I logged in and had the message waiting for me and I can't re-equip the container.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Nice.

I started in the middle of last wipe and by the time I learned a few maps and understood the basics the economy was completely broken.

I'm pretty excited to play from the beginning with the bad with money edition.

Same. I learned how to play this wipe, next wipe I get to put it into practice from the beginning and get burned out much, MUCH sooner.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

hello internet posted:

The KOS aspect I feel is almost a benefit because you don’t have to worry about who’s going to kill you or not when everyone must die. The other parts sound rough though. Fortunately I’ve gotten decent enough at the game that I’m rarely ever broke to field a load out.

Kill on sight, scav timer increases 400% to over 2 hours, vehicle extract prices increase 400% for your PMC, hideout scav box time increases 400%, loadouts become worse to the point of just a terrible gun and a scav vest...

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

hello internet posted:

Have you guys been having many fishy deaths? EFT subreddit is having a collective stroke about the game being “overrun with hackers” but I haven’t had any situation I’ve though was odd after 115 raids

I have had one death as a scav that made me think hacker. Everything else has just been sync issues on the lovely servers so I die behind cover a second after the guy shoots at me, or the shot was so far away that it isn't suspect.

https://streamable.com/fj67tc

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Sneaky Wombat posted:

join the goon discord!

Goon Tarkov Discord is broken because authentication is broken. Can't join*.

*Edit: Actually, can join, but won't load all of the text channels.

El Jebus fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Dec 22, 2021

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

hello internet posted:

It's surprising how often I scav into reserve and find unlooted areas. It takes a while to get into raid but rarely do I leave disappointed

Lighthouse has been amazing for scavving, too. So many bodies, so many items.

Unrelated, got a fun 2k where the pmcs were using voip wonderfully. I wish I had come up with a great 1 liner before killing them but I was not quite prepared for them to show up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejKnfLN2rX8

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Dr. Clockwork posted:

You might as well have it on, even if you never plan on talking. The number of times enemy players give themselves away by being chatty is worth it, if nothing else.

Seriously, voip is awesome.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Buff Hardback posted:

scav parties don't share extracts or anything

just think of it as dropping in the same place, but that's it

Sometimes you don't even drop in the same place! I had a scav run with a buddy and we spawned on opposite sides of Reserve.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Mellow_ posted:

Are the queues really that bad? I was sitting in one yesterday that was at 51k and thought I would never get in. I went and smoked a joint and made a coffee, came back, and my game was open and sitting at the menu.

How long have other people been waiting? It's been maybe 15min max for me.

When they first introduced the queues it took longer, but now it is around 5-15 minutes before I'm in pretty consistently.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

DrPop posted:

The amount of Tarkov Things that would have to happen in order for that not to be a cheater would be equivalent to all 9 planets aligning. It was almost certainly a cheater, especially given what the guy talking to me said right before that.

Just a little desync could have cause that audio issue. You get hit, then a bullet sound, then you get hit again and die followed by more bullet sounds. Nothing about that says cheater to me.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

I'm on my 3rd year of the game and I still don't want to take this Hex I found in a cache into a raid because I know it will be taken off of my cold, dead body. Maybe I'll take it into Labs just so I can be sure I'll never see it again.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Crosby B. Alfred posted:

Is there a 2D Diagram that shows how far sounds travels? With and without a headset?

I haven't seen anything like that. Would be really cool if someone made one. But Veritas has a video where he shares most of the audio with each headset from inside buildings, outside buildings, running, walking, and making all sorts of sounds. Good way to hear what you prefer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntOj4KrABJ0

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

I survived!

For about 5 minutes before a pscav 3rd partied me...

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Give me every cool firearm from forgotten weapons. Every single one.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

hakimashou posted:

Should not spend any money on this game or suggest others do while the Russians are attacking Ukraine and killing Ukrainians in an imperialist war of aggression

Or, buy whatever you want/can and enjoy yourself before the nukes hit.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

I just hope whatever stance people take, they are consistent.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Kikas posted:

There's also these two

Looks like an alternative Reserve boss and Lighthouse boss?

I think they are all lighthouse Rogue bosses, and lighthouse expansion is gonna be the cultist sniper.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Zipperelli. posted:

3 bosses on one map? :monocle:

No way, 3 bosses on one map would be stupid.

There will be 4. 3 Rogues and the Cultist Sniper. :colbert:

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Pseudoscorpion posted:

Shoreline is what you'd get if you described Customs to a level designer who had never played the game before. Just a genuinely terrible map. Path to Lighthouse extract made it marginally more bearable this wipe but it's still my least favorite map by a country mile.

I've been trying to think about what might make it a better map with minimal changes and my first thought is always "what if they got rid of the fence preventing crossing anywhere in the bottom third?". It wouldn't be perfect but I think it would be better.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

AlternateAccount posted:

Hey, so what ammo is most broadly useful for 5.45? I have been carrying BT so that I can win closer fights using full-auto, but it seems like scavs can just tank a LOT of hits with it. It actually seems more effective against PMCs, but I fight fewer of those, so I am not sure.

BS is my go-to round for 5.45, and the 7n40 is the new hot stuff. The rest of it either doesn't do any damage at range or doesn't pen anything.

Copper For Lyfe posted:

Pier needs a 2nd entrance from the other side, maybe a land bridge connecting construction to the light house.

Also put scavs back at road to customs and the green tower at the other end of the same road. Also don't think I've seen any ai at cottages or the village all wipe unless sani and his boys have spawned there. Shoreline scav spawns are super light this wipe.

Oooo, a new path onto Pier would be good. I hate getting stuck there and I feel bad if I stumble upon someone trying to leave if I have a good scope because they can't get off that island without taking a couple hits.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This is the updated NoFoodAfterMidnight site. https://eft-ammo.com/nofoodaftermidnight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Charles 1998 posted:

Is my AK-74U supposed to be this uncontrollable at full auto?

https://media.giphy.com/media/HAvKI29pLmqVDm6vU1/giphy.mp4

Edit: What's a good hosting service for short video clips that allows really big sizes? (720p, 1080p, 1440p?)

I like streamable but they require a paid account for permanent hosting, but you can post 720p on the free account. Probably higher res on the paid.

https://streamable.com/vyarjt