Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

RBA Starblade posted:

Living or working in the building in the lower left on the side facing Wayne Enterprises is probably depressing

Probably less bad than when the sun hits that vantablack and everyone inside Wayne Enterprises cooks slowly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Burkion posted:

I need to rewatch Tropic Thunder, I haven't seen it in an age

At least five or six years. I feel like its going to hold up though

Do you?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Garfield pulls off a really enjoyable physicality with Spider Man that I feel isn’t as obvious in Holland and certainly not Maguire. He just looks acrobatic as gently caress, pulling off all sorts of poses in the air like they’re comic panels. It makes his fight scenes in ASM fun as hell.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Why have a thing that looks like Shuma-Gorath but isn’t Shuma-Gorath and thus largely blunts any chance of bringing Dr. Strange’s archetypical nemesis into his movies?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Punisher's rant to Daredevil on the rooftop is honestly one of the best Punisher related media bits ever

(sorry for potato quality, go to Netflix Daredevil S2E3)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWh6A6ZIpfo

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Waffleopolis posted:

Wouldn't mind a Kraven-centric movie.

Good news!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

It’s gonna be fully poo poo isn’t it?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

ShoogaSlim posted:

it's going to be poo poo. and not just because it stars jared leto

e: :69snypa:

No but that will definitely contribute to it

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Now i want a comedy movie where the actors sabotage the face tweaking software out of spite and go from looking like airbrushed freaks to crackheads inbetween shots.

Every movie gets a scene like Mulholland Drive? Sign me up.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I thought Gemma Chan and Richard Madden were two of the worst parts of that movie. The only thing worse is the really obnoxious heel turn by Sprite in the last third.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I like when Gilgamesh did a punch and Kingo did a shoot and Phastos made a thing. Sersi’s power use at the end was fun. Druig was interesting as the only Eternal to buck the responsibility.

That’s all I got.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

“Ikaris will never want to gently caress me, but he also wants to kill everyone I’ve ever known and loved, so, I guess I gotta go with Ikaris on this one.”

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Zero One posted:

Maybe Loki too.

I wouldn't be surprised if the movie had Strange blaming himself for loving up the Multiverse in No Way Home but then he's brought to Xavier who tells him "No your little spell didn't do anything crazy. The Multiverse was broken by this other person... maybe you've heard of Loki?"

If that is Professor X, why the gently caress is he being brought in as Multiverse_exposition.mp4? He’s a powerful telepathic who’s not PARTICULARLY prone to loving about in the multiverse

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I don’t think it’s so bad if movies cost a buck or two more to see on opening weekend or two? I don’t want theaters to die ya know, hope it’ll go to actually keeping them open.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Have stretchy powers ever looked good in live action CGI? Don’t get me wrong I’m in agreement with many of you about this being kind of a bummer but...I do feel stretchy powers are hard to make look good and cool.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

*cough* there’s gotta be a better thread to talk about this then the “Comic Book Movies” thread

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Burkion posted:

Tell cop poo poo to stop being in comic poo poo

I don’t think I have the authority you seem to think I do. I’ll try though.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Burkion posted:

Well I suppose we'll just have to keep talking about cop poo poo in the cape poo poo thread

my bad, the world is just such an endless pit of misery and frustration I thought it wasn’t a bad thing to have a thread that wasn’t centered around misery and frustration, carry on

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Everyone posted:

Possibly not. Although clearly Mad Vlad presents himself as a bit of a super-villain.

Please, I’m begging you, the world is fundamentally different than super hero movies, you must see this

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Jon Bernthal would have probably done a great Wolverine, I feel like he plays that “absolutely gone with rage” vibe that suits Wolverine well. But hopefully he will continue to be the Punisher because he’s the best Punisher actor by a mile.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Gatts posted:

Grab an MMA Fighter and just let him do his thing.

Morbius was that bad aye?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Method acting the vampire man smfh

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

teagone posted:

gently caress Jared Leto, but ACAB cop-killer Joker in the Knightmare scenario is rad as hell lol.

imo the Knightmare tease is the the most interesting part of ZSJL, Leto’s goofy joker and all. The idea of flashing forward like 4 movies with some characters we’ve barely even seen was a hell of a hook.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Grendels Dad posted:

Gonna lay out plans for the Baker Street Cinematic Universe where every single one of Sherlock Holmes' neighbours gets their own movie and sell the concept for a billion dollars.

I can’t wait to see Tigger and Eeyore and Piglet before the big 100 Acre Wood crossover movie.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Grendels Dad posted:

Everything about the El Muerto announcement has me thinking someone at Sony doesn't know which day April Fools is on.

As someone who actually knows who Bad Bunny is this is 1000% an example of stunt casting to sell an entire movie. BB is loving *huuuuuge* in Latin American/Spanish-speaking countries. Like loving colossal. He had a music video made with the Simpsons, he showed up for a cameo in Narcos, performed on SNL, he just doesn’t appeal to most of the demographic of this board.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

thrawn527 posted:

This is fair, and why my comment about not knowing who BB is was tangental. Me not knowing who someone is, at this point of my life, is on me, not them. But not knowing who a comic book character is that they want to make a movie out of is kind of weird, unless the character is super new or something. I was really into Spider-Man comics when I was younger, and I've tried to stay somewhat in touch with the property since then, only falling off when my daughter was born 6 years ago.

If the poster earlier was correct and he was only in 2 issues of a Spider-Man comic, that is definitely an odd choice to get their own movie. But hey, it's Sony, where odd choices live. (Glances in Morbius' general direction.)

Can’t do the Zapata Brothers because they don’t own them! So they went dumpster diving for a Lucha antihero?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I don’t need MK to interact with the rest of the MCU unless they want Spidey/DD/Blade to say whatsup to him, but goddamnit I want a second season of MK so bad.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

that's a loving sick outfit, did you make that or buy it? I know someone who would be interested in something similar

e:

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

i'm so excited

are you loving floating in this picture

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I’m sorry have y’all never read comics before? It’s exceedingly rare you can pick up any comic and know exactly what’s going on without reading (sometimes) years of backlog to be caught up. Usually though, they do a p decent job of catching you up to speed enough to know what’s going on.

It’s AUTHENTIC.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Dietrich posted:

Keeping up with MCU and Star Wars content is starting to feel like a job.

I mean no offense by this but it’s very funny to me that people find the movie release schedule to be overwhelming. The comic release schedule… that thing is a fuckin’ tidal wave. I only read Moon Knight and X-Men and it’s p much a weekly burden if I want to be up to date.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Jedit posted:

It would be a monthly burden if you didn't read X-Men. How many different books are there at the moment? I know there's three without even getting into individual characters and side teams like X-Force.

Oh dude there’s like 9 X-Books rn but, again, if you don’t read all of them there’s gonna be poo poo popping up in Marauders that was in X-Men Red and if you want the full picture, ya gotta read it all.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Ryan Arey at ScreenCrush is a good deal more palatable imo

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I fell out of Moon Knight after the Sun King arc. How's it going currently?

Ironically you will have to read a random and obscure Devil’s Reign book back from when Norman was the Iron Patriot to know the current big bad of the MK book but the current run is loving sweet.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

It's "Dark Reign: Zodiac" it's probably in there but its only like 4-5 issues long

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Timeless Appeal posted:

I really loved the majority of WandaVision, it's just that the actual finale is such a disappointment. Imagine if the ending battles in it were an actual reality warping brawl through television eras instead of standard boring Marvel battles between evil versions of the good guys. l

Yeah I’m a fanboy of this poo poo and I loved that show but the last episode was the clearest example of “Marvel’s Third Act Problem” because it went from a post-modern recontextualization of House of M to two women clearly being casted around on wires shooting “spells” (colored lasers) at each other.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Crows Turn Off posted:

Is there more to it than "arms get longer haha"? Like, is it secretly super-OP and world-ending at some sub-atomic level? Or is it really just that?

it's meant to be like Plastic Man, and if you think watching Kamala Khan casually turn into a beach ball in full CGI wouldn't be horrifying, you're wrong

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Wong allowed Westview to happen and the events of NWH to happen. My theory? I think Wong’s a skrull.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

live with fruit posted:

Everyone's mad at Wong for not being a micromanager.

Since Wandavision (first media post-Endgame when he was made Sorcerer Supreme) he has let several multiversal threats loose, let Wanda magically colonize a town, did nothing to stop an Evil Dragon from breaching into the world, let a bunch of Egyptian Gods gently caress with the night sky and fight through Giza, and, most frustratingly, let a student sacrifice herself to protect knowledge he IMMEDIATELY gave up.

You know what he did do? Run a sports betting racket in Madripoor with Abomination.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

live with fruit posted:

Does the Sorcerer Supreme have dominion over gods? If so, does that make him Black Panther's ultimate boss?

And besides the dragon, which didn't happen on Earth, the rest happened under Strange's watch and Wong inherited Strange. The real issue is the Ancient One and her dark dimension-riddled brain giving Strange so much responsibility.

My post was mostly a joke just cuz I think it’s funny that Wong would rather make a buck with a back alley fight club rather than handle the very legitimate threats that keep cropping up. But also, everything I just said is post-Endgame, and we know Wong inherited the position when Strange got snapped, so it was all his jurisdiction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Read through all these tweets and I can honestly say no two people seem to be complaining about the same thing and also no one’s criticisms make sense.

I’m not saying they can’t make sense to someone but Minions? Sailor Moon OVA??? And Jojo Rabbit was loving great.