Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Heavy_D posted:

I do feel for Munya, but at the same time it's so funny watching him be the bad boy...

https://i.imgur.com/eTdYXmI.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Al Murray... was in Taskmaster? I do not remember that man at all.

Paul Sinha I do remember, but in the sense that I remember he exists.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

https://i.imgur.com/8d6R9un.mp4

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Fern's breakdown during the snort-raspberry-whistle task was a thing of wonder to watch.

SlothfulCobra posted:

Dara's play was fantastic and also it's always funny to see british people pretend to sound American. They always sound constipated.

I think it's what Dara said: just varying degrees of "kinda southern" as they drag out the vowels.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Pilfered Pallbearers posted:

I don’t wanna watch Dara half heartedly tie the scarf around his ankle, then easily win if his guess was right or do middle of the pack if he’s wrong. I wanna see stuff like Kerns tie it balls to the wall around his neck and look like a psycho trying to take it off. It would have been even more satisfying if his crazy idea won him the task.

But that's kinda the point -- based on what (admittedly little) I know of Dara, I would expect him to play the middle-of-the-road straight man. I imagine the producers picked him for that reason too, because they knew they'd have complete space cadets in Fern and Kearns to balance it out.

Not that I would mind seeing a Champion of Lunatics series. Just pure chaos elementals in every seat. Greg would have to be tied to his throne lest he throttle a contestant per episode.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
How did TM NZ S3 turn out to be so very bad?

I'm four episodes in and don't think I'll continue.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Alright, alright -- I'll keep watching! I'm stuck at home with 'rona, it's not like I have anything else to do.

First trip since it all began, fully vaccinated and masked, and finally got hit by the loving thing :negative:

edit:

https://i.imgur.com/ttxC3MX.mp4

Trabant fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Nov 28, 2022

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Alright, the last few NZ S3 episodes had some all-time moments. Thank you for making me watch it all the way through!

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

SCUSE YOUR FUCKIN' MOUTH?! (You won't get this joke.)

https://i.imgur.com/MArEaXw.mp4

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
I honestly don't know what the :filez: rules are any longer, so I guess I'll risk a sixer and suggest but not link F2 Movies, as that streams pretty much everything (albeit with a day or two delay).

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

I'm far from being super-knowledgeable about UK comedians, but this is the first season I don't recall seeing any of the contestants before. I think I might have heard of Frankie Boyle, but that's about it.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Boxturret posted:

america had their chance and squandered it, leave it to the other countries

Applies to Taskmaster but also everything else.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
https://i.imgur.com/25LuRdn.mp4

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
https://i.imgur.com/vuHe6l0.mp4

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Between the "My heart is broken" and failing to read/comprehend the instructions... I'm starting to feel bad for Nina Oyama.

I mean, it's still funny, but I'm starting to feel bad about it.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
How many non-UK goons were introduced to the show via the YouTube algorithm recommending The Joe Wilkinson Potato Heartbreak?

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Victoria Coren Mitchell, Alice Levine, Charlotte Richie, and Katherine Parkinson are all of the presenter/actor persuasion vs. comedian. They were all fantastic on the show, if for different reasons. Victoria losing her mind throughout was a highlight for me.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
First episode felt... just really flat. Really strange choice to open the series with that dud of a task.

Hoping Jenny and Ivo turn out to be the agents of chaos I crave.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Escobarbarian posted:

I tell y’all, it gets leaked to reddit, next thing you know Channel 4 come and break my legs

"Choose one of the objects on the table in front of you. The first item you touch will be the one you will be using during the remainder of the task.

*camera pans to show a cricket bat (actually made of paper mache), a pocket edition dictionary of Shakespearean insults, one pillowcase (filled with foam bricks), another pillow (filled with actual bricks), an egg*

Alex hands them another task

Break Escobarbarian's legs. You have one attempt. Most broken leg bones using smallest objects wins. Your time starts when you catch Escobarbarian."

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Pablo Bluth posted:

I have to say this is turning out to be one the lesser series in my opinion. It has it's moments but overall it's just not clicking as much as others.

Agreed, although we may be in minority on this one. The cast is largely giving me nothing, Frankie and Mae in particular.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

DurosKlav posted:

Finally got around to watching the final episode, and I have to say for me this was a dud of a season and possibly my least favorite of them all.

With you on this, even if I thought the last two episodes were actually decent.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Leatherhead posted:

I can only remember like a single thing Alan, Desiree, and Guz did the whole series. (The puzzle task, sand eating, and the paint-covered hopper respectively).

Look at this person who forgot about The Wow Monster.

Seriously, series 12 for me is probably in the top 5 if not top 3.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

itry posted:

Paul is one of those people who appear to be blushing 99% of the time.

TM UK is starting to release contestant interviews for the new series. Here's Julian Clary dunking on Horne for ~9 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV7f3imY4Pw

I quite like this interview format.

This was fantastic, he's just roasting the man.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Bertha the Toaster posted:

What is wrong with Lucy? It can't be an act, but I don't know how anyone can be like that.

Not having seen the new show yet, I'm just going to guess it's the side-effect of being married to Jon Richardson.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Excellent cast -- including a couple of complete lunatics -- imaginative tasks, great banter. Best show on... uh, TV and TV-like services.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Boxturret posted:

Also people really need to learn how to stack cans, they've been coddled by the interlocking cans for too long:colbert: Really shockingly terrible display from all who attempted it.

:hmmyes:

When are we getting Taskmaster: 1823?

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Knowing nothing of them before Ted Lasso, I can only imagine the character of Nate The Great stumbling through it all.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Pablo Bluth posted:

The community seem to have largely bought to it and 'don't reveal the cast' has become the accepted stance. The gatekeeping in places like r/taskmaster is strong.

Well how else are you going to get the Full Five Points?

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Annabel Pee posted:

Unpopular opinion around here apparently: I’ve never been able to stand Sue Perkins, all her humour is so cringy to me and portcullis is just ‘Foam Adventure’ style humour.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Xelkelvos posted:

I think it's the case that she A: knows how to cook and B: picked out ingredients that would actually mash together into a sausage shape (note that she had mostly seafood which can be mixed by hand quite easily) and hold

You don't host the Bake Off for years and not pick up something.

No, wait, pretty sure Noel has learned absolutely nothing.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
https://i.imgur.com/61Kc1wA.mp4

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Tagra posted:

ALSO! I was annoyed that no one acknowledged Lucy's prize task entry. She brought in literal old crap. Maybe still not worth more than 1 point, because there's not much chance Greg would like it, but it was a deeper entry than it seemed at first glance.

Kinda doubt it was though:

https://i.imgur.com/EBew3rh.mp4

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Dell_Zincht posted:

Think i'm going to miss Julian the most.

I'm very early, but suggesting "How we laughed" as the next thread subtitle.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Creature posted:

Strictly Cum Toesucking

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

The Cheshire Cat posted:

being entertaining is a lot more important than winning.

The Beaumont Clause.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Paladinus posted:

The live episode banter wasn't just a joke after all.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9wYjJ28WyM

That might actually be the first time Greg said "Your time starts now."

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

oh jay posted:

At first I was disappointed I got the year wrong. But then I still rewatched it just to see Mo Farah cry.

:haibrow:

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Missing Donut posted:

What a fun episode. Definitely wish Kojey and Lenny had a shot at the full series.

I didn’t realize that anyone actually had an Aga oven but it doesn’t surprise me that it was Deborah.

Oh, Debbie Deborah :allears:

https://i.imgur.com/6IDoeHx.mp4

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Khanstant posted:

they focused on daisy's hippo which at least, like, kind of an animal thing going on, when im looking at this chicken like what the gently caress is this atari enemy :kstare:

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Trig Discipline posted:

Oh god that would be incredible, just taking Alex's sad and awkward vibe up to a whole other level.

First Taskmaster Assistant to get genuinely assaulted by a multiple contestants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Quoting oneself is gauche but:

Trabant posted:

I'm very early, but suggesting "How we laughed" as the next thread subtitle.