Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

Comrade Fakename posted:

It showed what was possible, and there's no real reason From couldn't match it.

expecting from software to make a game as graphically excellent as the demons souls remake is kinda ridiculous. bluepoint had the luxury of having every design and gameplay mechanic built for them already. they also had sony breathing down their necks to produce a game that made the ps5 look amazing (they succeeded).

from is a different dev studio with a totally different set of strengths than bluepoint. games aren’t made magically by throwing money into a bucket and having a thing come out, there are people and teams and management involved that are going to vary hugely across the industry. from software is still working with an iteration of their original demons souls engine because they know how to make good games with it, but it definitely is not capable of pushing visuals like bluepoint does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I'm not trying to ruin anyone's parade. But man I feel like this seems like a lazy "port" almost? Like, I'm noticing some animations and character models that are beyond a straight rip from Dark Souls.

I'm in a weird situation where I'm a dark souls fanatic, we're getting a everything-in-name-only new dark souls game that is way more kinetic and I'm down, I'm ready. I'm a fan. But I'm annoyed that they're kinda doing the Call of Duty thing where they just reuse assets and sounds in a bad way and clearly just slapping GRRM's name on it to boost sales.

as far as i can tell ya elden ring is just a lazy reskin of the worst parts of dark souls 2. Very sad to see a developer fall from grace like this, but i suppose this is just the way it goes in these dark times.

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
not only am i going to preorder this game, i am also going to order the most obnoxious Deluxe Ultra Edition w/Pot Demon Miniature that i can get my piggy hooves on

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
excited for elden ring to join the extremely small roster of “great open world games. i think that list is basically just botw and death stranding right now

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
sounds like you might actually get a map you can open and look at. there was also mention of being able to place some sort of markers. knowing from software, the marker will probably be an item you actually put into the game world rather than a big obnoxious hzd style waypoint on your map/hud, but who knows. I’m curious to see how they’ll handle it

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

this article is a psyop, presumably intended to drive goons to a state of total unrecoverable madness

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

Lol literally the onion article about him stealing elf titties. This fucken guy

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

Groovelord Neato posted:

In Japanese Rom was the Retarded Spider. Wonder if that person would've been upset with that change.

Lmao

quote:

Japanese - 白痴の蜘蛛ロマ [hakuchi no kumo roma]
English - Rom, The Vacuous Spider

白痴 [hakuchi] - a curious word that contains the kanji 痴 [chi] - stupid, foolish. The word as a whole denotes idiocy, mental retardation and generally points at some king of cognitive impairment. English localization chose "Vacuous" when the more accurate word would be "idiotic". "Vacuous" does have the meaning of "to demonstrate the lack of intelligence" though, so I guess it fits in this sense.

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
drat that spider stupid

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
this game sounds absolutely unreal, like the perfect video game. God drat. umbasa

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

grieving for Gandalf posted:

is Elden Ring.... a Zelda game

it’s actually just a lazily reskinned assassins creed

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
they made the same dark souls game five times in a row and then stitched the games together with Baby Bullshit and now that’s elden ring

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

ngl i am extremely excited for this babby game, literally shaking all over rn

i’m generally very responsible with my video game expectations and try to keep my hype in check, but i’ve failed this time around. these previews have me convinced this is going to be the best game ever made

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

codo27 posted:

Yes I seem to remember feeling the same way before a little old game called Skyrim came along and poo poo the bed

a little old game called dark souls came out 2 months before skyrim. i remember coming off that high and playing skyrim and being like what is this bullshit

(also thank you goons for turning me onto demons souls back in like 2010 or whatever)

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

codo27 posted:

Last (?) run through DeS I was slowly plinking away at the dragon by the last boss, I'm not sure how many arrows I had exhausted. It took quite some time. I was only a few hits away when I was invaded and killed.

and so an unforgettable gaming moment was born. invasions own

punished milkman fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Aug 30, 2021

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
i was promised a gameplay video today. What the hell!!!!!

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
trying to find the premium collectors edition so i can wear that stupid helmet all day while i play elden ring. can’t find it anywhere

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
there are only 6000 helmets worldwide. i need the helmet

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
i made a bot that is refreshing the bandai namco website every 30 seconds that will send me a text message when it detects the elden ring helmet :spergin:

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
just got an email saying i didn’t get into the network test :negative: :negative:

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
actually all of the souls sekiro borne games are perfect and i’m looking forward to another perfect entry in the catalog, Elden Ring!!!

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
i put my brain into crystal lizard mode and i let all of the souls dialog just wash over me, barely comprehending it or even remembering it, and it owns. i love it

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
i preordered the deluxiest version i could. wish i could have gotten that exclusive preorder helmet to wear while i play but alas i was too slow

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

hatty posted:

I’m getting it on the Xbox SX and I hope to god it runs well there because my PC is still missing a GPU and Elden Ring isn’t coming to Switch

i’ve got a ps5 and so preordered the ps5 version… but the network test showed the ps4 version running on a ps5 is the smoothest way to play. might need to buy this dumb game several times

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
Lmao

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Patiently waiting for the Elden Ring backlash to begin.

the elden ring contrarians will rise from the swamps in due time. their anguished cries, oozing disgustingly

“dark souls 2 had better combat”
“the music is not nearly as memorable as DeS”
“the open world feels bland compared to horizon forbidden dawn”

and i will ignore them, so i can enjoy a cool game, so the world might be mended

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
yeah i love the demons souls soundtrack. there’s a sad, ambient kind of vibe to the tracks that just hooks into me. the bombast of the later game soundtracks also rule, but DeS evokes that mysterious forlorn feeling so well

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

cool av posted:

Elden Ring

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
im in my 30s and just booked 3 days off work to play the video game Elden Ring. next logical step is to find and buy a high durability poop sock i guess

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
the imagine dragons elden ring trailer loving Slaps

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

y_y posted:

I have choice paralysis wrt to starting class. It’s terrible!

same, so literally the only thing i want to spoil for myself are the starting classes/stats + starting items, so i can have two weeks to sort out my indecision.

is that info out somewhere? i want to see it (and nothing else)

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
do we know how the pokemon work yet? not sure if they’re a spell or an item or what. is there a stat i can focus on to have the strongest pokemon?

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
Sheldon Ring

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

I doubt you could even imagine it

buddy, i imagine it every day, and it’s beautiful. my naked wretch body astride my hosed up horse, big rear end club in hand, riding towards a dragon that has now killed me 17 times in a row

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

Disco Pope posted:

The PC requirements are to shut the hell up and talk about what kind of skeletons there will be and how cool the swords will be.

classic nude skeleton, skeleton wearing a robe, skeleton with cleavers for arms, skeleton with bird wings, skeleton shaped like a wheel, skeleton pot, skeleton dragon, etc. many opportunities for skeleton ecological diversity await

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

i realize this is basically elon musk twitter sycophant level of effusive praise but yeah i am 100% on board. i love dark souls. every souls game is perfect and elden ring is going to be even more perfect

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
is this frame stuttering stuff happening on pc or console or both?

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

Pwnstar posted:

Looks like I have a week to learn how to draw. Also print legibly.

hell ya. not sure if it was you or someone else that mentioned getting an elden ring notebook a few weeks back, but it sounded like a very good idea so i did it too.

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
goty 2022 elden ring will be universally celebrated for its ingenious chaotic frame pacing and artisanal sub 60 frame rate. Suck my dick nerds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

Captain Oblivious posted:

Unsure if I’ll pick this up for launch. The whole “we promise remote executable code poo poo is fixed for Elden Ring but no we’re not bringing Dark Souls multiplayer back up because reasons” seems a little sketch.

getting invaded by a guy who can steal my bank account information if he lands a backstab on me sounds like the high stakes pvp action i crave