Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

This. Cars ftmfl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Awesome map and I assume none of it exists now but also loling at number 39: ghetto. Is there something more to that because it's very funny to put the White Sox stadium up there with the place with all the poor people as a neat idea for a trip around the city

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Rochallor posted:

We'll never knew because guess where they built the fuckin interstate through

Lol no I think that answers it perfectly

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019
I didn't realise robot cars were out and about already, figured they were still in testing. Not that I trust human drivers either but man gently caress that

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019
'luxury pickup truck' is such an insane thing to read. Caterpillar gonna start selling luxury bulldozers

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

lobster shirt posted:

anyway walking ftw.

Yup. Not much else to say

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019
Lmao of course city planners were just kinda guessing when they made the rules during suburbanisation. That explains a lot

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019
I'm talking about the parking lot video three posts up wherein a bunch of city planners guess while establishing minimum parking bylaws not the extremely well known racist intent behind suburbs lol

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019
Fair enough lol

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019
drat Shoup ftw. My library doesn't have his parking bible sadly but it does have both of Charles Marohn's books

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Zodium posted:

smoking ftw

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Doc Hawkins posted:

your honor this "jail" thing sounds like it would make it pretty tough to hold down my job

Lol

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019
Becoming more and more Jokerified everytime Spotify plays an ad for a Ram or Silverado or Sierra. Might start tossing my butts on the beach

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019
Rowhouses ftw. Lots of older wooden ones here in Hali which are cool, all painted in fun colours. Should build more, the costs of giant concrete apartment buildings are insanely prohibitive compared to three/four story woodframes hence almost all new construction being luxury apartments/condos. Less density per building but like we're competeing with mcmansions on personal football fields here so whatever

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019
Guy standing above woman laying on the ground mangled, bleeding to death: better tweet this STAT

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019
Admitting to killing someone and facing no repercussions ftmfw

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019
Dumbass mobsters whacking people with guns. If John Gotti ran over his enemies in an Escalade he'd have died a free man

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Milo and POTUS posted:

They convicted john gotti because he killed a driver

Woah that's true

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019
I guess farmers can probably have some trucks. Not too many though

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

lobster shirt posted:

going for a bike ride today

gently caress yeah! Lobster Shirt ftw

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

a zwift cruise ship that is powered entirely by guests working out

Roided out guidos are the coal of the 21st century

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019
I can't remember the exact number but in order to actually account for what it costs to build+maintain shouldn't street parking be something like $200/hour. That's probably wrong but whatever, the sheer scale of invisible subsidies given to the auto industry and drivers is insane

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019
Expected him to be a city councillor tbh

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019
Lots* of city councils that want to try and dig out of the mess of the last seven decades. Even if they can get the support to start trying there's a decent chance the landlord infested provincial goverments will just grant themselves the power to override any municipal law though. Is it as hopeless as the six figgie white immigrant in gentrified Amsterdam makes it out? Probably not, but it's not going to be easy. Hell most cities can barely support the transit systems they currently have let alone expanding them. But it's cool, the provinces and federal government are still spending tens of billions on highways and SFH developer contracts, growth ftw motherfuckers

*probably an overstatement lol, but some are trying anyway

lobster shirt posted:

the utility or advisability of violent direct action to achieve political goals is probably a topic best explored not in cspam

Could be funny though

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

AnimeIsTrash posted:

there should eb more cars on the road

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019
I'm not going to say that

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019
Burning Man owns so loving hard

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019
Riding my Harley around Burning Man as a statement of perfect political synthesis

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

AnimeIsTrash posted:

going to drive my car today :tipshat:

Cars ftw

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

fail moderator riding a bicycle in the hot texas sun when he could be driving in an ac cooled car and contributing to climate change instead

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019
You can think cars are fail and trains are ftw and still laugh at the smug computer touching expat getting owned lol

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Smythe posted:

house wives liked to power walk with the ankle and wrist weights in the 90s

They were training to be Goku

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Ardennes posted:

He just goes too far. It isn't that Amsterdam has better biking than Montreal; it of course, but come on. Amsterdam is a historically more small-scaled European city where most of the urban layout was already fixed in 1920. Nevertheless, Amsterdam also has its highways, industrial areas, and awkward metro stops. If you want to be fair, even it isn't a paradise, and honestly, a lot of sidewalks in Amsterdam are still an issue and the public transportation is ridiculously expensive.

Montreal just isn't ever going to be Amsterdam it physically can't. I think he really does a disservice to everyone by ragging on it for most of the video because it still has highways and suburbs like any other North American city rather than recognizing that a lot of work has been done, it is getting better, and that North American cities are just going to have legacy infrastructure.

Not everyone is going to be able to move to Amsterdam or the Netherlands, that includes other Europeans. So I really don't get the point of it, I guess it hurt him personally or something.

The guy is the ultimate six figgie transplant computer toucher so that's not surprising

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019
Montreal looks badass though. I should visit it again sometime. Eat some good food, walk around and look at cool stuff, get my legs broken by some Québécois guys because I ordered a beer en anglais

lobster shirt posted:

geert wilders deports njb for youtube crimes

Lol

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019
Watching the fields and towns roll by, having a beer. Trains ftmfw

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

i say swears online posted:

same but i'm driving

:cheersbird: cars ftw

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Ham Equity posted:

Anytime anyone tries to get lovely with you in front of their young children, just tell the kids that their parents are lying to them about Santa Claus, they're the ones who buy and wrap the gifts, then use Santa Claus to blackmail them into being good.

There is no virtue in a proportional response.

drat. So badass

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Trabisnikof posted:

here's one more appropriate for this thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uxSGH4yJXo

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

SimonSays posted:

Lmfao almost all the kilometers of those Via Rail lines run once a week when they're not cancelled for several years cause the tracks are poo poo or the rolling stock is worn out.

Oh and the Corridor (the lines with actual service where half the Canadian population lives) hasn't had baggage cars for a good half decade now and we don't know when they're coming back.

Yeah but High Frequency Rail is definitely coming. Definitely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019
Playing in the street ftw, so many games of hockey. Sounds like a pretty good setup if the neighbours are working together to keep it safe rather than having to rely on someone paying enough attention to shout 'car' every five freakin minutes