Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

new thread just in time to be told by my boss that its back to work starting next month!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

pigz posted:

Yeah I figured as much. I'd still like to hear all that directly and how it relates to getting shots in arms a few weeks before most US parents are hoping for a EUA to appear.

My gfs sister is a nurse that works on the Moderna studies. This was how it worked after the initial adult study last year. You would call them up and they would unblind you and if you got the saline they'd schedule an appointment for you to come in and get the real stuff.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

holy poo poo I thought the regeneron grift was a run of the mill pumping the stock grift I had no idea Florida was doing regeneron POPUPS at the loving LIBRARY. are these people paying out of pocket or something???

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

still can't get over regeneron pop up clinics

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

gangtaggangtaggangtaggangtag!!!

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1429865808822476800?s=20
What a pathetic sounding plea. Very gotcha vibes

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

McNugget Buddy posted:

How Pfizer has waned over time in Israel - looks like the 4 month mark is when everything plummets:

https://twitter.com/EricTopol/status/1429836115410706432

guess I shouldn't have gotten vaccinated so soon

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Blackhawk posted:

Lol for a stretch of like 6 months up until a week ago the whole country was sucking and loving without a care in the world. Going on holidays, eating at cafes, bars etc. No masks or other poo poo because we had literally wiped out all community cases of Covid here. A few weeks of lockdown every few months is absolutely worth it for the in-between months where you can actually live like normal again. I'd much prefer that to the constant state of fear but trying to pretend things are cool and good like you have in the UK and USA.

Also yeah FFS the Crown plaza 'quarantine' hotel in the CBD has been a loving disaster from day 1, I honestly feel like the only reason they keep insisting on using it is because they've signed some kind of deal with the owners that they can't back out of. I think a lot of what is currently considered adequate protection was from back in the days where they were convinced that transmission was only through newtonian physics following droplets and surface contact, now that it's pretty loving clear that aerosols are a thing they need to do a top to bottom review of the whole system.

Just treat Covid like a gas, if a gas could breach your barrier then it isn't going to work.

wait a second. Covid is airborne???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

I got an email yesterday that one of our clinical faculty has covid. Real glad I'm going back into the office 4 days a week next month and very excited that I got my first dose in January.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

lmao one of our clinical faculty got covid and the dept won't say who because the rules say its personal info but I was able to find out it at least wasn't in my building.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

FizFashizzle posted:

Also the head of nursing surgery told all the new orientees to go to Ingles, lie about being immunocompromised and get their booster

lol

lmao

owns

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

has anyone that lied about being immunocompromised been asked due to what?

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

1% of all cases resulting in hospitalization is insane???? is this real???

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

its funny that joe rogan doesn't even believe his own bullshit. really buying you think this is NBD by taking every loving possible remedy

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

I have a friend who teaches in NC and apparently her entire class of kids is masked except for one who somehow got a doctors note exempting them?? And then they brought it to school lmao

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

King County last 30 days. 20 fully vaccinated deaths

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

So we still don't have any data on people getting long covid from asymptomatic or low symptom breakthrough infections, correct?

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

McNugget Buddy posted:

The only good Postal Service live performances were that radio station gig they did in 2002 or whenever

in Milwaukee? I saw them perform at MSOE with I think Cex and maybe Andrew Bird? then gibbard and cex went to the cactus club for an acoustic set and cex sang the rain by the microphones. good shows.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

So does this OSHA rule supersede state/city level requirements that cops are pitching a fit trying to get exempted from?

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

I thought those home covid tests were like 50% false positives? 50% poo poo somehow

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Tennessee did it.

Today

Yesterday

covidactnow.org

drat did King County go from Red to Orange??

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

McNugget Buddy posted:

I'm going back through Twitter and it apparently started here:

https://twitter.com/MundipharmaTalk/status/1247391298434129922

https://twitter.com/Covid19Crusher/status/1348340326709256195

Chuds are missing the "gargle" part.

Whoops!

my dentist has me swish something in my mouth as a covid precaution before I sit down but I'm not sure if it is this

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

empty whippet box posted:

me getting a taxi home after gettin my second shot

whered you get this picture of my dentist????

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

https://twitter.com/crulge/status/1438163774393962498?s=20

Not sure I'm understanding Tim's argument? I can see how masking could change efficiency in a positive way but wouldn't the placebo group also have lower incidents of infection to offset it and basically even things out?

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

mod sassinator posted:

he's not looking at the placebo group though, he's just looking at during trial we saw 10% breakthrough or whatever but now many months post trial we see 20% breakthrough. something changed

yes, and I'm wondering why he isn't attributing that to delta and waning instead of masking

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Anyone know of any KF94 style face masks that have a headband instead of ear loops that isn't the 3M Aura?

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

mystes posted:

Based on the israel data we should probably start to see lots of breakthrough cases from people who got vaccinated early but hospitalizations/deaths should still be relatively low among them (except 65+ people with other medical conditions).

However, I can't even imagine how this is going to affect the public discourse at this point.

this is gonna be me if biden doesn't tell the FDA to gently caress off. if he doesn't I am 100% going to get it taking the bus to work

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

mods please change my name to curated box of beans

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

So once again they're going to just encourage people to lie and say they're a healthcare worker or something

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Bone Crimes posted:

I don't understand this one, is there some context to this? I don't know what the pictures are trying to prove. I mean all I see is a store that put a bunch of the same item on the shelf, but that seems like a supply chain problem to me, not a good thing - that the store can't get actual product and is lining the shelves with whatever they have. But maybe that guy is saying capitalism is the best or something?

the pictures are from cuba

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

mod sassinator posted:

lmao i haven't sat inside or even outside a restaurant in 20 months and i don't miss it one bit. i read a story of people complaining about how apparently now all menus are QR codes you have to scan and it was just an incredulous, what? really? feeling. if i ever do go back to a restaurant it's going to feel like encino man.. just in awe at these wonders of dining establishments

paper menus transmit covid

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

mod sassinator posted:

rumor but its bloomberg reporting an insider says FDA will approve booster for 65+ and high risk jobs: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-09-22/fda-to-authorize-third-pfizer-dose-for-older-at-risk-americans?sref=dCXr1Xoe

but today is Wednesday!

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Kreeblah posted:

This person currently presenting slides in the CDC meeting included people whose jobs bring them within six feet of somebody in the definition of high-risk occupations.

That's basically everybody who doesn't WFH full-time.

lol how the gently caress are they going to determine this? jesus christ these people are just the worst

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

I worked at a summer camp in bat country and we were insanely rabid (hee hee) about bats in the cabins. we had a protocol where if a bat were discovered and children had been sleeping, we needed to offer the vaccine to every child potentially exposed. we also had to capture the bat and then kill it without crushing the skull so we could toss it in the freezer until animal control could show up to send it off to the lab to be tested for rabies.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

like what does the immunity curve over time look like, cases/hospitalizations/deaths vs non-boosted vaccinated population. or is it too early to know anything

my immunity post 2 dose mRNA has been 100%

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

https://twitter.com/hannaziady/status/1443221540846325765?s=20
found some new guys

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Glumwheels posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/FrankLuntz/status/1443606729493712897

Duh? There’re cowards and everyone knows it. A few morons who think they’re in the majority will quit then stand around wide eyed when they realize their friends got the jab to save their job and it was all big talk.

Good on the media for reinforcing this view by disproportionately elevating anti-vaxx concerns and stories:

the Luntz has spoken

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

etalian posted:

Yeah COV19 has two super powers
-Manages to evade immune system triggers until it's too late
-Turns the body immune response itself

Is that why the AJ twitter guy is so gunho about boosters to keep antibody levels up so you don't get infected enough to either trigger too late or allow your immune system to go ham on your organs?

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

mod sassinator posted:

since we are in hell world and on our own, the deal websites are now highlighting covid test deals. here's a binax antigen rapid test for $14: https://slickdeals.net/f/15312745-2-count-binaxnow-covid-19-antigen-self-test-14-at-walmart?v=1 in stock at walmart right now.. go go go parent

Amazon had them for 15 last week and it didn't seem like they sold out immediately so supply must be improving. still rationing tp at costco tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Asproigerosis posted:

It's true, I am personally killing at least 8 people a day. The nanomachines get ripped right out of you it's really loving gruesome. Like getting shot from the inside but with millions of tiny bullets.

Clean up is easy though you can just use a garden hose.

they’re called cookie cutters and you’re doing it wrong if you aren’t using a long pier http://www.technovelgy.com/ct/content.asp?Bnum=233