Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Explains the move to Texas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Life in Jacinda's America

Be careful! You don't want Officers Minogue and O'Leary and Sgt. Maaka on your rear end.

Wellington Paranormal rules and everyone should be watching it.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I'm an essential ferryman

Well as long as you make sure to toot your horn in the Mt. Victoria Tunnel.

Also from the massive irony department.

https://twitter.com/VICENews/status/1433096682309357571?s=20

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Nice! posted:

Also, although the song is not about endless september, i give the song that meaning, personally. Who would have thought that AOL bringing the internet into people's homes would one day result in a nontrivial chunk of people blinding themselves with horsepaste? September is endless. If only it would end.

Actually, in retrospect when I was thinking about it, when you look at the "PATENT MEDICINE" craze in the 19th/20th century, it's oddly not as surprising. It's just Amazon and Fox reach more then the 1898 Sears Catalog did.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:lol:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cugel the Clever posted:

I'm glad the thread has moved past its credulous "Joe Rogan is exactly what Bernie needs to get more exposure!" phase.

They deserve each other.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Nice! posted:

I’ll note that Roberts is dissenting here. It’s a crock of poo poo and unconstitutional law on its face, but they’re gonna uphold it. Conservatives won and civil rights are going to take a huge backslide over the next decade or two.

Well at least we’ll be able to register new machine guns under the NFA! :v:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bored As gently caress posted:

Is it in bad taste to hope enough anti vax Trumpers die to offset the amount of people that Republican disenfranchising has effected?

Asking for a friend.

As long as your not hopping for the death of their kids or the innocent, no, it’s cool.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/healthinsider/status/1433120155740037120?s=21

https://twitter.com/healthinsider/status/1433120161624641546?s=21

Someone needed a cunning linguist for their proof reading.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Someone in Langley just got the biggest and dumbest grin on their face.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RFC2324 posted:

wonder how much work it would take to turn this into a bunch of rednecks getting bit to poo poo by rattlesnakes

And with the wrong snakes.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

https://twitter.com/KVOA/status/1433518087672762396?s=19

lol just a little light domestic terrorism over masking

I’m still waiting for one of these guys to start waving a gun around and shoot themselves in the dick or plaxico themselves.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://news.yahoo.com/hundreds-florida-parents-lined-chiropractors-121035592.html

Bad medical advice and a chiropractor….I’m shocked.

I do like how the school updated the policy to make him ineligible and require a real doctor.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
And now from the world of sports.

https://youtu.be/saNer4x94kM

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GD_American posted:

Holy poo poo. Now that was unexpected.

Yeah, seeing a prosecutor get prosecuted seems rare even compared to Cops or even judges for that matter.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Godholio posted:

I hope this rear end in a top hat charged a thousand bucks apiece.

It will be hilarious if he gets sued because they’re now worthless.

I’m shocked someone has tried getting Traditional Chinese Medicine “doctor’s” to try writing these bullshit notes.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I'd also like to point out that our police don't carry. It's not really clear if his tail was specifically authorised to do so, or whether there was weaponry close by in case they needed it, but it's a pretty big deal for armed response that fast here.

As to why he wasn't in jail - he had been previously, and was obviously a person of great concern, but there was no legal standing to do so. Our terror laws are likely to change by the end of the month as a result.

They do have tasers though, right? Or is the police documentary I watch about the Wellington Police incorrect?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Surprisingly not Phoenix AZ (though not surprising it’s that it’s in South Africa).

Indian vs. Black: Vigilante Killings Upend a South African Town

As rioting and looting swept the country this summer, Indians in the suburb of Phoenix set up roadblocks to police their streets. Dozens of Black people passing through wound up dead

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/04/world/africa/South-Africa-Phoenix-riots-deaths.html?referringSource=articleShare

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

shame on an IGA posted:

tldr: Glenn Greenwald signs his DMs

Goddamn what a loser.

Glenn is such a piece of poo poo and this couldn’t be happening to a more wonderful Putin and Trump simp.

Also after reading some of the posts here I should constantly thank me Dad for doing everything he could to dissuade me from joining the military (and the marines specifically both before and after 9/11) or becoming a cop. Goddamn he saved my rear end, along with potential people who’d be stuck serving with me. lol

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Sep 4, 2021

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sea Cadets sounds like it would be part of something like Sea Org.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kesper North posted:

Is that where you ate all that crab?

Being co-ed it sounds more like where you get crabs, then eating crabs.

J/k

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Crab Dad posted:

Not wrong. Did all of my firsts with ladies at scouts. Whole lot of places to hide on ships.

:nice:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Humor is how you get through it, or at least my favorite coping mechanism.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

poo poo, you're right. As a society we're just begging for another Gloria Ramirez situation, aren't we?

God how did I know who that was, not by name, even before I clicked on it.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Sep 6, 2021

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hannibal Rex posted:

I had never heard about this, but the description sounded familiar, and sure enough, that case was the inspiration for the X-files aliens with poison gas blood.

Also an episode of Law and order and probably one or two more similar shows.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Goddamn this picture....is something else. It would make a great trash painting...similar to the great trash works of "American Conservative Art."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-58453778

quote:

The fate of Guinea's President Alpha Condé is unclear after an unverified video showed him surrounded by soldiers, who said they had seized power.

They appeared on national TV claiming to have dissolved the government.

However, the defence ministry said the attempted takeover had been thwarted by the presidential guard.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

I legit thought that was a screen from like an old C&C fmv or something :aaa: I think it's the blue grid background.

Hahaha it certainly has that feel. I also like the kind of just standing around quality to it that also reminds me of bad FMV cutscenes.

https://youtu.be/qEQN06lyMHE

5:22 in to receive your briefing commander.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pantslesswithwolves posted:

I was thinking “cover art for the next Far Cry game.”

Honestly I wish someone would take the mechanics (and additional gameplay it would incur) from 5 and just put them into a remastered 2 and 3. I mean I’d love those features in 4 too but, I could see how it’s pretty close to 5 already.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Sep 6, 2021

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

maffew buildings posted:

I would put a lot of money on the people dying are the follow the leader idiots and the competent ones who are a risk to take the reigns got vaccinated very early on

:same:

It’s sort of like the Conservative Radio self owns are all small or medium tier. Sean and Tucker have probably been vaccinated since day 1 and even if not that early, certainly are now.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

stealie72 posted:

Fairly certain that their employer requires it.

The rumor was that it was before the Fox mandate.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Oh don’t worry there is still a decent chance he just drops dead when they take him off the vent.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Arc Light posted:

Chuds were never exactly fond of NYC, but they sure do love to use the twin towers as justification for their views.

I'm confident they'll briefly pretend to overlook their distaste for liberal hotspots the next time one is attacked, as long as the attackers are foreign and the target isn't, say, an abortion clinic.

E:f;b

Nah they id with the target and blame the people leaving there for not protecting it now. First responder jacking off notwithstanding.

I’ll say that of CHUDs, I’ve met ones that often like the city or artifacts, but not the people. So you know like HP Lovecraft, but with more love for the location.

Ones who just like city and people are kind of rare, but also varies on the location. Those ones are also weird, because they’re genuinely pleasant and nice, but also well CHUDs.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I want a Fort Sherman so badly.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:hmmyes:

Seriously Fort Malcom X or Fort MLK. poo poo the reactions of rednecks being told they’re going to Fort Malcom X would be hilarious.

Though I know forts are generally not named after civilian or political leaders, if I’m not mistaken.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Are our Korean bases named after civil war assholes too? We can just name one of them after Tillman. I propose Camp Eagle.

That reminds me, I have kimchi.

Camp Paul Bunyan.

Or Camp Goddamn ROK.

*ROK soldiers were wearing claymores and, had the clackers in their hand, while poo poo talking the DPRK soldiers, during Operation PB.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Brute Squad posted:

https://twitter.com/KatmaiNPS/status/1435649661877071877?s=20

I should work on a thread so I'm not spamming the CE thread every day when it comes. Also there's an 'amateur' bracket on the 23rd-24th for yearling fat bears.

Please do. I don't mean cause your spamming CE, just that Fat Bear Talk was a welcome distracting last year. Honestly I wonder if sticking it in the outdoor forum might attack interest as well.

Unrelated, but man I want a Sherman dabbing statue to replace this.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-58491967

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rest in piss horse dewormer guy.

https://www.fox26houston.com/news/74-year-old-veteran-prescribed-ivermectin-dies-after-houston-hospital-refused-to-administer-family

It’s not the Ohio one, but Texas.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Sep 8, 2021

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ASAPI posted:

Everyone needs to read this part:

According to the family the VA of all places prescribed horse drugs. I can't wrap my head around the VA doing this. They are lying, right?

Why do you the Philly Medical Examiner Officer is located right next to the VA Hospital?

My dad actually could have probably gotten some small disability payments, after his time in the Marines, but he never did, as he jokingly put it, "I'd have to let them [the VA] touch me."

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Xpost from TFR but the White House is withdrawing Chipman’s nomination to lead the ATF. The article is short but it says that there was some bipartisan opposition to him; I’m guessing from the Manchin wing of the Democratic Party. Pure speculation on my part but I wonder if they’re pulling Chipman in a bid to get Manchin on board with the infrastructure package.

I’ll take the trade in a heartbeat. From my understanding he didn’t come off great at his hearing (not quite part that goes up, but similar energy), providing cover for Kelly and Manchin (for different reasons), Chapman being the head agent at Waco (not that I’m on the bandwagon), and him working for giffords, it was really a perfect storm of bad pick.

Edit:

It may have also been Ted Turner….err Angus King (seriously they look kind of similar)

https://twitter.com/eschor/status/1435945520346931205?s=21

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Sep 9, 2021

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://youtu.be/9ix7TUGVYIo

Ok I’m cautiously hyped for this

It’s so weird. I watched and had no reaction or connection to it. Like no excitement. It’s odd.

Like I’m sure the action will be nice and all, but I just can’t force myself to even care.

Mr. Nice! posted:

I quibbled with someone in discord this morning about his working with giffords.

*snicker*

;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

boop the snoot posted:

The blue pills are memes

Honestly with the term red pilling and the last time I saw these movies I can’t even remember which gets you out of the matrix anymore.