Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth
https://medium.com/matter/louisiana-loses-its-boot-b55b3bd52d1e

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Tekne posted:

from the future: biden administration just declared that scientific proof of imminent biosphere collapse “does not present sufficient evidence” to halt the government’s plan to vastly expand offshore drilling

It’s literal newspeak lol

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

What the gently caress

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

my bony fealty posted:

has neoliberalism fixed climate change yet?

Yeah California says they’re banning gas cars. In 2035.

Owned

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Lost Time posted:

You betcha!

https://twitter.com/dwallacewells/status/1450282052910211074

He clearly did not want to be outdone by his old boss.

Biden building back better !

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

SKULL.GIF posted:

i thought The Matrix or Shadowrun or Blade Runner would be our future

turns out it's an unholy combination of Judge Dredd and Mad Max

The cities will be like blade runner, everything else will be slums & de-industrialized wastelands and ghost towns

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

China does own and im thinking about buying Mr. Xi’s books

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

TeenageArchipelago posted:

yeah it owns any hope that I foolishly held for the future

love it when angry 80 year olds decide that it's cool and good that I'll live out the last years of my life, my late 40's, in a hypercane ridden hellscape

I didn’t know what a hypercane was and welp https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypercane

:rubby:

Hurricanes so strong they gonna wake up Cthulhu :cthulhu:

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Car Hater posted:

Hard to see something that scours the landscape clean of human activity

E; Cthulhu Fhtagn! Ia! Ia!

I’ve been revisiting lovecraft’s work the past few months

The bleakness is perfect for our times

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth
America’s future is blade runner megacities scattered amongst barren wastelands populated by cannibalistic warbands full of mutants

It’s gonna own

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

This owns

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

The seal of Cthulhu has been destroyed. It’s only a a matter of time now…

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth
https://twitter.com/ChrisLynnHedges/status/1551176118149038080?s=20&t=O-vGmG3mza4kyXTVXyQhKw

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Bathtub Cheese posted:

Hedges is the prime example of terminal lib brain. "Mass civil disobedience" against a class who couldn't care less whether you live or die is just another form of suicide. Good writer, though.

yeah I didn’t like him comparing Stalinism to fascism in the article either. he consistently tears apart the American ruling class and the media like few others do though

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Stereotype posted:

you also have to get rid of capitalism so lmao

We should get get rid of capitalism then

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

mawarannahr posted:

there are several key differences between swift and musk. musk has little to no talent and has never been exploited for his labor and/or creative output, for example.

Just say you have a boner for swift instead

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

ben shapino posted:

so how are you guys going to kill yourselves

inert gas for me

Probably in the foot/water riots/wars

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

TeenageArchipelago posted:

The foot wars when wikifeet goes down are going to be bloody

One good thing about the collapse will be no more autocorrect

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Ornery and Hornery posted:

what leftist podcasters are you talking about that hit it big and turned into psychopaths?

Hasan, tyt, Seder, etc

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Ornery and Hornery posted:

what happened?

I wasn’t even aware of those dorks until well after they already made it big

They took $25+ million from katzenberg (who’s a also a Liz Cheney fan lmao) and other dnc billionaires while pretending to be some edgy anti establishment org, when in reality they accepted a buyout in exchange for telling you voting/elections matter, which inherently props up the establishment they claim to be against . The same establishment that is destroying the biosphere on earth, endless militarism/spending, keeping healthcare private, privatizing education, etc. hasan even displays the hammer and sickle when he does all this . They’re loving scum

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Cup Runneth Over posted:

they live in million dollar homes now :)

The funniest part about these morons is they claim to be so effective while the dem party has been more far right then its ever been, and it’s only going to get worse

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

actionjackson posted:

not that i don't believe you but do you have a source?

i figured their money was because they had a bazillion subscribers on twitch

https://medium.com/@RobletoFire/the-ideological-failure-of-the-young-turks-90c15ddde408
https://variety.com/2017/digital/news/young-turks-jeffrey-katzenberg-wndrco-funding-1202518938/

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

BraveUlysses posted:

maybe your wife would like more 3 inches but nobody else will notice

Your sister said i was the biggest she’s had

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

an egg posted:

the good news is that it probably won't be like the road either. that's just a crazy old white man fantasising about being alone in the ruins with his boy and only having to worry about stuff like cannibal gangs rather than like, the kid plays too much nintendo and doesn't respect his elders. a can of coke is a magical moment rather than a constant source of parental shame and anxiety. everybody is dead, it's really cold, global warming is over, it's fantastic (from the point of view of cormac mccarthy)

The Road is one of the the best books of the 21st century so far and everyone itt needs to read it

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Shifty Nipples posted:

I have not seen any of the Mad Max movies

Your loss

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth
https://twitter.com/climate/status/1554944145273360384?s=20&t=PEyZdp8kTATha8rCKcFxVQ

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Tony Tone posted:

I cant stop loving dancing around with this whack rear end disassociation routine where I have to pretend things are fine and sign a mortgage and bring a life into this world and try to not talk about bad poo poo with my partner because she gets so depressed she starts questioning her primal instinct of giving birth. Im legit tired of this garbage. Ive stopped littering. Ive stopped my lovely rear end loving habits (vices) for the third time now because I keep convincing myself that nothing matters except my loved ones and animal-life and not trying to gently caress up my environment any more than it already had been hosed (I do this purely because it makes me feel good about myself. I know it does not matter ultimately), and that a nefarious "EVENT" in the future isn't reason enough to abandon all normalcy and routine.

But I cant stop thinking about it.

The thing I keep trying to wrap my head around is: Am I going to die prematurely? Are my kids going to die prematurely? When do you think 'The Event' will occur? Does disassociation really work for you or do you relapse into turbo-nihilism every once in a while? Is carding via the deep web worth it to speedrun your way into doomsday-preparing and or reckless hedonism? Should I save up for retirement or withdraw my money ASAP? All this poo poo keeps plaguing my brain. I deal with it all via insane daily drinking but it's just destroying my stomach and teeth.

Acceptable answers:
1)Weed
2)lol, lmao

Unacceptable answers:
I tend to my huge garden that I own because Im a rich piece of poo poo who lives in a house in america

Tryin reading as many books — fiction or non-fiction — as you can. Knowledge is a great thing and you might as well enjoy its wonders before the bourgeoisie march us all into oblivion, hth

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Hubbert posted:

in fact, this thread also tells me that books may be edible - my money is on reader's digest

but seriously, please keep reading. read what you like, don't force yourself, and understand that one of the ways to inoculate yourself against the future is to understand how you can prepare for it today

After humanity is long gone hopefully some aliens will find my library in a steel case. Plenty of stuff on marxism, astronomy, and veganism. Some lovecraft too

At least they’ll know I knew our species was hopelessly full of poo poo

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

sirtommygunn posted:

His mistake is thinking that public will matters. We all know poo poo is hosed, we all want it to change, it doesn't matter. There will be no revolution.

The amount of cops in body armor from head to toe they brought in to remove one middle-aged guy handcuffed to a door is quite remarkable

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Cold on a Cob posted:

thread title

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

LionArcher posted:

I’m quitting the forums tomorrow (I’ll come back if another 9/11 all new truly horrible covid type event returns, maybe) but I just want to say, thanks thread. you helped crack ping me. hug your loved ones, smoke some weed, and enjoy how good it is.

because it’s not bad, yet.

Make sure you have your mad max vehicle designs ready when the food riots and water wars begin

Goonspeed

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

hmmm this seems pretty bad

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

This seems pretty bad

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Eraflure posted:

Yeah I think it might finally be time to vote.

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Thorn Wishes Talon posted:

anyone else notice this?

we should be seeing an uptick by now, but we haven't

Don’t worry a category 6 will make its debut this year