Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now
let's get this shit started

Vitruvian Manic posted:

Does anyone have the chicken sodomy story handy? Spoiler it, obvs, since it is pretty gnarly.

Wasn't it a carrot? I could be remembering wrong but I thought it was a woman dating a man who was paranoid and fearful of vegetables in like a psychotic way and when she brought some into the home for herself he snapped and attacked her? Something like that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now

8one6 posted:

Look at this sad little baby who fans himself and says "That's got a lot of kick" when he eats something with black pepper on it.

I've literally watched this happen. My coworker once bought a gas station chicken salad sandwich and it had a little more black pepper on it than she expected. Waved her hand in front of her mouth, "that's got a kick to it!" and everything.

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now

Beachcomber posted:

Is there anywhere that works like this? Extra fancy hotels? Boarding schools?

Yeah it's called Mommy's House

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now

Ziv Zulander posted:

r/relationships: my big fat t-rex wedding

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now

Arsenic Lupin posted:

No Golden Snitches were harmed.

Golden Snatches, however...

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now

Grape posted:

Give him some northern hospitality that he can't refuse.

The ol' wood chipper surprise

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now

Soul Dentist posted:

Either way you shouldn't order juice because there's coffee available.

You're allowed to get both, it's okay. There's no laws about it or anything!

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now

Yeah I caught that, too. Enby or no, this person has internalized some toxic poo poo they're trying to justify with flimsy logic and then isn't even applying it equally in their own hypotheticals. Just garbage behavior.

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now

To add to the pile of obliviousness, at a volunteer thing years ago I had no idea why another volunteer kept offering to help me with the stuff I was in charge of, hanging around more and more over the course of months, being really nice to me. I appreciated the assistance, but completely missed all of the flirting going on the whole time. It was an outdoor activity, and at one point I loving threw a pinecone in their face because I thought we were just goofing around while they were super confused at the weird signals they were getting from me.

Disaster lesbians.

It took a mutual friend getting fed up with my stupid poo poo, coming up to me after the event we had all put together was over, and telling me right to my face that the other volunteer was interested in me before I even considered it was possible. I am a clueless goddamn dipshit, but anyway we're married now. Lucky for me the pinecone didn't put them off.

Traxus IV fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Aug 14, 2022

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now

Bonster posted:

Yeah, this family is seriously hosed up. That poor kid - abandoned by Dad, lied to by Mom, everyone just letting him suffer to keep up a pretty lie.

I dunno about everyone, it seemed like OP and others in the family thought the kid knew the truth. The mom probably lied to them about it, too.

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now

coronatae posted:

My MIL makes a fabulous green bean casserole that has zero cream of mushroom in it but it's also 75% gruyere by weight

My wife is allergic to mushrooms and loves gruyere, any chance at getting this recipe?

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now

coronatae posted:

HIGHLY CONFIDENTIAL recipe

Thank you! :love: Gonna try this out and see how the cheese-loving lactose-intolerant fart-wife likes it (it has gruyere, it will be loved more than me I'm sure)

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now

DemoneeHo posted:

Well we have a perfectly good thread title right here:

Truth, and I don't like the "only directly from stories" thing cos if that were the case we'd never have had the hot tub divorce machine

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now

whoop just saw the edict, nm

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now

Batterypowered7 posted:

Just remembered the post about the dude defrosting the chicken in the toilet water tank.

I hope you're remembering the toilet chicken with rationality

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now

Goon Boots posted:

would some kind soul kindly provide this kindly

My (22M) girlfriend (23F) is "mortified" and "enraged" because I thawed the frozen chicken up in the toilet. (The top part not the bowl part.)

quote:

So we were going to have a chicken for dinner, but the chicken was frozen. I read online that a good way to thaw meat quicker is to submerge it in water, bagged up in ziplock or whatever. Sure, sounds good. Only we didn't have a bowl that could fit the chicken.

Or DID we? I remembered that the water in the top section of the toilet is clean. I am NOT talking about the toilet bowl itself. The top part that stores water. It's clean.

So I removed the lid, and I double bagged the frozen chicken, and I submerged it into the top part of the toilet. Some water overflowed to the ground, but I cleaned it up. I put the lid back on. Boom. Done.

When my girlfriend came home I thought she'd be impressed by my solution. I told her the chicken was thawing, but forgot to tell her where it was thawing.

Suddenly, I heart her shouting in the bathroom. That's when I realized my blunder. She must have flushed the toilet, and when the top refilled, it overflowed a bit again because of the chicken in the toilet. Oh jeez. I opened the door just as she was lifting the lid on the toilet top and seen the chicken.

I began to apologize for not telling her, but suddenly she became irrationally and stunningly livid. I was dismayed and astonished. I tried to explain but I could hardly get a word in. I went to feel the chicken to see how thawed it was and said it needed maybe another hour and she said she would never eat the chicken.

Now, I was more shocked than ever. Why would she not eat the chicken? It was perfectly fine. The water is clean, and besides, it's in two layers of bag. I explained this to her perfectly but she wouldn't listen.

I cooked the chicken up later and she would not have any of it, she ordered take-out to be spiteful.

We are currently not speaking but I would like to work this out with her.

Before you post, also please make sure you are thinking of the toilet chicken with rationality and not pure emotion. If we look at the actual logic, we can see there is nothing wrong with thawing a chicken (or other meats) in the top part of the toilet, it is literally NO different from putting in any other bowl of clean water. Please I am begging you to understand that before you comment. Please

TL;DR - I need advice because my girlfriend is mad at me just because I thawed the chicken in the toilet.

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now

Hughlander posted:

AITA for making all the women in my family leave after they all showed up to my wedding wearing white?

I wonder how bad all these women would have melted down if the bride, having had advance warning of their stupid poo poo, had worn a different colored wedding dress

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now

quantumwell posted:

I was at a Japanese steakhouse and one of the older people at the table ordered the Ahi Tuna
which is seared quickly on both sides and then served, Customer had a poo poo-fit that it was
"Raw". The chef said nothing and torched it on the grill. Some people enjoy eating shoe leather.

Same, but the older guy at our table ordered a $90 cut of Wagyu and then insisted on well done. The chef at the table asked if he was sure, told him that by cooking out more of the moisture it would mean his already small steak would end up even smaller, wouldn't be as juicy, etc. but the guy insisted. Shoe leather is a good way to describe what he got back, but he seemed happy with it so eh

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now

Troublemaker posted:

There's one in Orlando that has an adorable little robot, and all the ingredients come out on a conveyor belt and you just grab whatever you want. U and Me Revolving Hot Pot.

Well I know where I'm going in the new year

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now

Upgrade posted:

Have you thought about having your friends talk up your cure anonymously in a cancer ward, and you’re just there with drugs in hand?

Only if the drugs have that real tomato flavor

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now

Mx. posted:

R/relationships: I dunno, that sounds like some straight people poo poo

Yes please

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now

I keep getting confused when stories are edited into existing posts and people start responding to stuff that wasn't there when I last saw the thread. Is there a better way to find those edits other than loading the next page then going back to look for what other posters are talking about?

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now

Batterypowered7 posted:

Did a Goon set fire to a bee hive on a swing set or was it a wasp nest?

It was a swarm of bees, but no hive or anything

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now

i am a moron posted:

Yea from the tone of your post it’s seemed to work out great for you. Keeping getting mad on the internet and carrying around that anger

"Not forgiving someone" doesn't equate to "carrying around anger" my dude. You can move on without forgiving poo poo, you just stop devoting energy to whatever situation you're leaving behind.

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now

Runcible Cat posted:

More like "why should I bother to have anything to do with women who won't let me stick my dick in them it's not like they have anything else to offer".

Yeah, this was the reading I got off of that post. Dude's mad that women aren't letting him gently caress them and is throwing away the whole person after getting rejected because he doesn't think they're good for anything else. Explains why he's so angry, he seems to feel entitled to sexual access and is being "denied" it.

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now

haveblue posted:

…a vicious and dangerous golden retriever?

The only dog that ever really attacked me was a Golden Retriever when I was a kid, it tried to bite my stomach out but only tore my shirt cos it was on a lead that was just a little too short to reach me for a proper mauling. It seems weird for the breed but it can happen, if rarely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

i know a couple who will get 2 queen bed hotel room over a single king so that one partner has a snacking bed.

Bring back the acid vat for these people