Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

limp_cheese posted:

Does this woman really think someone getting married for non-love reasons makes the marriage illegal?

This is also not any kind of a surprise and I would be shocked to learn in any given deployment if at least one person did not do this. It works out to a couple extra grand a month. Just have to pray the person you married doesn't run off with the money a month before the deployment ends.

Also loving lol at his superiors being jealous bitches

He found a way to game the system and they were pissed they didn't do it too. Its extra funny if he was like a sergeant making more than the officers. Can't have their lessers making more than them.

Its not really a secret in the military, getting married is a nice money bump. Also living out of the barracks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

compshateme85 posted:

My dad adds dried fruit and nuts, and honestly the stuffing is on the the best parts of the meal.

That is fine. Mushrooms are not.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

Upgrade posted:

The bigger red flag to me is the apparently huge numbers of people getting married at 18/19. My assumption is religion.

Or you got knocked up in highschool.

A friend in highschool had a marriage announcement the day after graduation. I didn't even know she was that close to her boyfriend. A few months later there was an announcement she gave birth, so I'm guessing that.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

boop the snoot posted:

His dad died.

People act out when their goddamn parents die you heartless assholes.

Oh poo poo, I could have just a been a giant pissbaby when my dad died instead of handling things like an adult? And it was a year ago.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

Tarkus posted:

The nice thing about not showering is that your bedsheets are naturally healed by your body's oils and thus require no cleaning. The rich mélange of bodily excretions will keep you young and spry for the rest of your days.

I picture that they'd look like the wrapping of a sausage biscuit.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

Funktastic posted:

AITA for making breakfast way before my kids wake up?

Teenagers, well known for waking up early.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

hawowanlawow posted:

honestly at their ages there's no reason she should be making them breakfast at all

they can wake up when they want on the weekends and make themselves breakfast, you don't have to make them every meal or eat it together

I mean, aside from the whole being a parent thing.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

Oh, wasn't aware being a parent ended then.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

El Spamo posted:

I think there's also a legal protection too by providing a trivial (say, $1) amount in an inheritance. I don't want to take legal advice from podcasts and YT videos, but I want to say I heard some discussion about it meaning that the person can't claim that they didn't get anything in the inheritance and thus are due something because they DID get something however insultingly small. I'm sure estate law is really complicated, and people argue all the time over inheritances and wills that aren't well defined and it isn't clear who's supposed to get how much of what per the deceased's wishes. But if you give someone $1 they can't argue that they were meant to get more because their share was explicitly defined.

e: Apparently not, I googled it. Simply having a will and not mentioning someone is enough, so the $1 thing is PURELY a dick move.

Its likely dependent on local laws as well. The point about explicitly giving someone a dollar is they can't say they were forgotten. People can still contest it, but its harder to pick up a lawyer that will take the case if its very well spelled out.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Don't forget the glass cabinets full of fine china that is never touched until the day you die and it all goes to the op shop to be used as a bachelor's crockery or target practice for a pellet gun.

From looking in some cabinets of my parent's old house, I have 2 full sets of dinnerware, and what appears to be enough glassware to stock a bar. One of the sets of plates is the "nice" ones we used on holidays. I've never seen any of the glassware used.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost
Also, probably doesn’t have the 32k either.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

Evil Willow posted:

AITA For not paying my client after he made rude comments to me?

How to get fired and likely blacklisted if its a similar industry.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

Mx. posted:

AITA for "making" my grandmother give me her house after my stepbrother thought he'd get it and had already renovated it?

Well that is going to be ugly. Especially if they have anything in writing about her giving the house to someone else.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

Captain Hygiene posted:

I know that's pretty common, but I always wondered what happens if you just ignore it. Did the postmaster general order a precision strike on your new place?

I've just seen so many people being profoundly stupid about dealing with their personal info, I'd have to imagine there are just folks out there not changing their address left and right.

Only if you get pulled over and they run a check.

Back in 2002?ish, had a big envelope in our mail box for a previous person who stayed in our apartment. It was from the DoD and looked really serious. We opened it out of curiosity, and it was them sending a letter saying they are considering the person on the letter to be AWOL. Good on them for not getting sent to the meatgrinder, but I'm pretty sure they were in deep poo poo.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

wizardofloneliness posted:

If you want to build an illegal addition onto your house, don’t be mega assholes to your neighbors for no reason. A lot of people seem to have trouble with this.

Hopefully someone hits her with a truck so she can denied help as well.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

value-brand cereal posted:

I'm a little late to the child booze drinking but here's a fun article about alcohol and cancer!

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2018/04/did-drinking-give-me-breast-cancer/

I ain't saying don't drink, but I think giving your 2 yo child booze, even alcohol free booze, is a terrible idea.

Oh hey the answer to why a bunch of people on my dad's side of the family all had issues with colon cancer.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

Captain Hygiene posted:

I've only had it in a rental car, it's funny to get used to when you've never driven with it before. So much time spent letting it do its thing, only to realize you've just been sitting behind the person going 10 under the speed limit for a while now. It's really nice, just takes some time to get used to it.

I've got that in my car, its nice on the highway driving because it just keeps a nice distance from anyone in front of me. I don't think I'd trust it on anything up close, but it works. I definitely have been just following someone going 10 under though, its a little too easy to just let it do its thing.
Now the lane travel assist is the work of the devil, that feature sucks. It tries to keep the car in the lane, but it rides too close to the center for my tastes, and there is just a little too much pushback when I adjust the wheel, like its fighting me. That I don't use.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

Kurieg posted:

AITA for kicking my brother-in-law's wife out of my husband's wake?

AITA for kicking out my bfs cousin and family out of my house ?

UPDATE: AITA for kicking out my bfs cousin and family out of my house ?

Dude texted his cousin to come and make a "I'm sorry you can't get over this" apology mid-argument with his girlfriend, Wow.

Was really hoping for an update when "Mike" gets to spend the next few months only eating from a straw.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

value-brand cereal posted:

AITA for eating all the sushi in my sushi box

Posting because this gave me some Body Weight Water Test Pony Fake tail vibes. Why does sushi give the parents stomach issues. It reminds me of that fake goon e/n thread about eating cheese despite it giving the op massive amounts of intestinal distress. Also Floor Pizza. Man, 20 years sure does give this forum some weird lore.

Probably eating too much. Whenever I'd go out with coworkers or friends to a sushi place, they'd order way too much.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

AKA Pseudonym posted:

AITA for taking out a pay day loan so I can go to LVLUP Expo and get my cosplay right? My parents are furious with me, to the point of cutting me off.

"Accidentally" missed the first payment.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost
Scented suppositories. Call them Asscents.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

Halloween Jack posted:

I assumed that the "super size" version would be taller, rather than Fat King David.

Surprised there isn't a "giant hog" variation of the statue. Or did I just will that into existence somewhere.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

haveblue posted:

Lots of high school age or immediately post-high-school age boys really are that dense/horny. Ask me how I know

Going by this thread, I'm not sure it ends to be honest.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost
I've been living out of a hotel for the last month, and its killing me not to be able to cook. I'm not even a good cook, but anything but having to eat out or do frozen meals.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

Foo Diddley posted:

AITA for wanting to end my 27 year marriage because my wife has joined a religious cult and told me she will not change and I have to accept it?

i just like the phrases "yadda yadda e i e i o" and "lost every bit of her poo poo", really

Not sure how that is even really a choice. She's joining them, he's not, end it. She's a loving crazy person joining a cult, get out ahead of that.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost
At a cousin's wedding, the bride pretty much picked out the person she was going to throw the bouquet to, and then pitched it right at them like a fast ball. Way more entertaining.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

Ziv Zulander posted:

Unexplained pain/swelling/discoloration in a lower extremity is also the main symptoms of a blood clot, which is something Very Bad that you Really Don’t Want

Couple of years ago, my left leg was suddenly very sore, it was painful to walk in and kinda red. I was at work and mentioned it to a coworker, and people convinced me to go over to urgent care. After going through some stuff there, they sent me off to the hospital for a ultrasound to check for clots while waiting for blood tests to come back. Turns out it was just some infection, no idea now. No sign of a bite or a cut, but people were very serious about it.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

Invisible Clergy posted:

https://youtu.be/PmyByJ4nqN0

I (26F) have been married to (23F) for a little under 3 years now. Her parents (50sMF) hid this from the rest of the family, and wants another wedding ceremony to cover their tracks. They also want me to pretend to be a man.

Fake mustaches for everyone!

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

Mr. Lobe posted:

Edit: wait I'm not sure what I said is true

Unless they are under contract, "At Will" goes both ways.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost
Can you really be a foodie if you eat in a way where you should have a feedbag?

Related.
https://www.theonion.com/new-wearable-feedbags-let-americans-eat-more-move-less-1819594806

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I don't know, I wish they would bring back sunken living rooms.

Friends of mine were renting a house a few years back that had that, the problem is you had to walk through that room to go from the entrance to the kitchen or bedrooms. They were not happy with that place at all.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost
I want to know how homeboy was defeated by toast.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

Barudak posted:

I feel bad he had to learn this lesson this way, but also lol that boss is gonna get a lot of praise from the others

Its pretty lovely to get let go for something like that right out of the gate, but I wonder how much was explained. But I can see a manager wondering about this guy's judgement if he hears a about a 150 dollar limit and instantly tries to hit it.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

Bargearse posted:

Last time I had a job with travel requirements, the rules were "hang on to your receipts for reimbursement" and "don't make us make an official policy". I was a bit surprised when I found out that approach isn't universal.

I've been at the same place for a long time, and I'm not sure there is a policy yet. All I know is, I'm not going to be the one that makes them come up with one.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

Solkanar512 posted:

AITA for telling my daughter I won’t be paying for her college unless she attempts a relationship with my family?

Reddit's answer - NTA, even though the FAFSA was filled out with his contribution months ago. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

But seriously, what is up with Reddit's hardline stance that not only are parent's not required to help their kids through college, they are never the rear end in a top hat for simply cutting them right off, even if it's suddenly and at the very last minute? Do they not understand how parental income factors into financial aid?

That's a fun "my daughter doesn't talk to me at all for some reason" post in 3 years.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

8one6 posted:

OP is the rear end in a top hat. Everyone else on the plane was simply jealous that they didn't think to also order some before the flight.

Couple of years ago, I was on a flight and the guy across the row from me pulled out a box of chicken from a Popeye's in the airport. I spent a good chunk of the flight being intensely jealous that I didn't think of that. Even if it was 10am.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

Whorelord posted:

Honestly shocked you're allowed to bring food from outside onto a flight, but that might be because I mostly fly with Ryanair and Wizz who'd charge you extra for oxygen if they were able.

As long as you buy it past security, its ok. At least for domestic flights.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

moonmazed posted:

yeah, it's another form of worship. but people here are constantly like "lol those dumb jews don't even know their god sees what they're doing :smug:"

They aren't saying that though?

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

Booky posted:

that just sounds painful :v:

AITA for saying my son shouldn't have to cut his hair for a part-time job?

it feels weirdly petty for a job at a grocery to say you need ties and short hair (unless i guess you're like, preparing cooked food and then couldn't you just tie it back or wear a net??)

A local supermarket here still has everyone in dress shirts and ties, no matter what department. Its gotten a lot looser over the years, which is probably a relief for the people working there, seems silly to dress that nice to push in carts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

Endorph posted:

the teletubbies lady is 'watching it' while working out, she probably just wants something she can barely pay attention to and 'follow,' know wont distract her, and is unlikely to drop anything that she actually needs to process

i tried using reality tv as background noise for my treadmill and every few episodes someone would say something distractingly racist or sexist (or both), i tried old episodes of jeopardy but id start actually thinking about the questions, so i just switched to pokemon. ash and pals go to some random place and theres some random pokemon of the week, team rocket motto, thunderbolt, credits. if i ever actually focus on the tv, yep, that sure is pikachu.

I watched a ton of DBZ while on an elliptical for the same reason. The show is intensely stupid, but watchable enough that you can kinda zone out to it. Also it was just the right length per episode to get 2 in a night. Really need to get back to that.