Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Butterfly Valley posted:

Theseus and Asterius can go suck a dick

Actually Asterius is mad cool

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Mons Hubris posted:

Beetle Adventure Racing 2 when????

Oh HELL yeah

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Me and my buddies would play NASCAR 99 by going the wrong way on the track and trying to crash into the McDonald's car over and over again forever

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
He's like a gimmick poster but just sorta plain Vanilla Gimmick with nothing to hook on to. Posting live from Uncanny Valley

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Brb handing Mr. Nintendo a thirty dollar bill

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Lol at everybody assuming goon dad was frustrated with his 8 year old's skills and not the exact opposite

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Butterfly Valley posted:

Just finished Hades at the 28th time of asking, feeling good. Shield owns. Spear good too. Not a big fan of the bow or gun. I spent literally the last 500 coins I earned in the temple of Styx on a Hermes boon which turned out to be Legendary and gave my cast automatic recall, which given I'd buffed the hell out of it was absolutely perfect. I went in to Hades with 3 lives and killed him with 10hp remaining. Phew

Now do it again

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Cluster bomb + rocket bomb. You're welcome

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

euroshopper posted:

stux is ian miles cheong yes

You're kicking an ants nest with this comment

Soul Dentist fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Jan 22, 2024

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Butterfly Valley posted:

On top of getting most of the benefits of the mirror and knowing the boss stages and movements inside out it was mainly about figuring out my favourite gods' boons and rolling with those

Artemis and her crits are hands down the best boons, stacking status curses to get the damage bonus from the mirror, and then making cast builds if you get the right Demeter/Zeus boons is my way to go. I mostly hate Aphrodite and Poseidon for weak and knockback, unless you can get the buff to weak that also makes foes susceptible to more damage. Athena's dash deflect is also great as a crutch when you're less confident in your timing for dashing through attacks.

On my best runs I would know things were going well when in the small temple of styx rooms I could press like 6 buttons and immediately win. Obviously I had less optimal builds where there was a lot of kiting, plinking and hiding-behind-rocks in the final battle.

You've developed essentially the opposite play strategy from what I can discern is the current meta, which is fun as hell.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Butterfly Valley posted:

As in the current meta is fun as hell or my having developed the opposite strat to it is fun as hell

Yes

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Zeldavania

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I would play Hyrule: Ice Age

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Looks like the new Zelda will actually be a built in interface and online hub for the Switch 2 populated entirely by Miis, and filled entirely with a series of Hyrulean sports mini games

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
*trembling intensifies*

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
thats not a phone thats the switch 2

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I think the average person has pretty basic critical writing skills and heavily relies on the use of shorthand and slang. It's easier to just say something is "good/bad" and let the reader fill in what exactly that means instead of spending the time (and having the skill) to fully describe complex thoughts and feelings.

This isn't a knock on anyone specific, just something I've noticed about media criticism at large across various places.

Skill issue

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
This thread and PYF sagas are completely indistinguishable at all times

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

That's why it's called the switch

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I don't care about inverted/uninverted but if a game offers the choice in the options it should legally be required to have a level where the character gets drunk or hijacks a strange plane or something where the game switches the controls just for that level to gently caress with you

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Commander Keene posted:

So under your regime do games that allow you to remap the d-pad also have to have something that inverts your controls?

Nope it's just a fun joystick gimmick

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
It's gotta be some VR poo poo

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

An Actual Princess posted:

just found out sheik is actually zelda. What the gently caress

Username/post wintendo

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

It'll be powered by a hand crank, so infinite playtime if you aren't a scrub.

No crank, but the buttons are all six inches high and spring loaded to require several footpounds of pressure. This extra energy is recaptured directly to the Nintendo Battery 2

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

I said come in! posted:

No need, it will be mailed to you.

As a chud let me say Get Your Hands Off Me Big Government

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
It's a dolphin suit DLC for Mario Wonder

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Eternal Darkness Expanded Universe titles with a remake, sequel, boomer shooter, and kart racer

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Bofast posted:

I would love to see someone try to make a kart racer with a hallucination inducing sanity meter :D

At least finally include a runic spell system

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

otter posted:

Is/was that a real thing?
My wife always brings up “memes” but then forgets I don’t have social media (beyond Bluesky which is still kinda fledgling) so she will send me something I don’t get. I also got the feeling I missed something about grapes in the last year or so.

They did surgery on a (polygonal) grape

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Unfortunately Nintendo main consoles follow the Star Trek movie rule so Switch 2 is gonna be, uh *checks notes* really backwards compatible

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

WHY BONER NOW posted:

There are two stages available, which you must do in order: swordfighter and pasty chef

Buddy lemme tell you I can doubtless do pasty chef first

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
But it also has a tutorial

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

lines posted:

Hey, I liked it! I just am worried about how it will objectively hold up.

Luckily you only have to experience it subjectively if u want

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
People are saying that this is the wrong thread for Steam Deck questions

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

IMO the Peach game shouldn't even start to get fun until 15 hours in, at a minimum.

You should be forced to acquire blueprints for each outfit and then grind for resources to craft the outfits. Also the outfits should have stamina bars.

Don't forget wear from weapon use, and premium currency for cosmetics

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

John Wick of Dogs posted:

tioninh a co pavt cotutorial

Skill issue

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Blasphemous is, hard

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Yes almost certainly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

PageMaster posted:

My kid have up on peach game because of the garbage cake decorating, and not in about to. So you gotta do every cake on the same go through, and on a time crunch, and not they like your frosting so if you rub out you automatically fail? tHIS is the game they needs a pity skip but f no helpor tricks to cheat? It physically takes all the frosting to do the first two cakes so there's nothing left for the third. And literally no way to progress?!

Actually if be done just add long AF there's enough sparkles in the other levels to still beat the game and we'll just move on past this door

:goofy: