Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

TwoHeadedDeer posted:

has OOT ever run at a steady 30 in an official capacity?

It targeted 20. 20 isn't lag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Detective No. 27 posted:

Sun and Moon were so bad.

They're the best games in the franchise op

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

SilverSupernova posted:

The games that decided "X and Y's multiplayer features were too convenient. Remove them and shove in this slow and convoluted city menu" are definitely not the best in a multiplayer focused series like Pokemon.

Pokemon is not multiplayer focused

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Augus posted:

things that are fine and serviceable for some people will be not fine and serviceable for other people, hth

as a non-speedrunner, I find aiming in the NSO version of OoT to be really annoying and garbage. aiming was already kinda annoying in the original game but it’s so bad in this port with the input delay.

It's not just the input delay, the N64 controller had really low sensitivity at a hardware level, and games were designed around that and had high software-level sensitivity. So when you try to play them with a modern controller, it's way too sensitive for precision tasks like aiming. I think OoT ports have had this problem going all the way back to the gamecube. At least in a PC emulator you can configure the sensitivity in a menu until you find something comfy.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

The Postman posted:

Is 1-2-Switch good?

Maybe for an afternoon but you won't get long term fun out of it, probably

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
SMT is the Dark Souls of Persona

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I think the pokemon comparison would be even more misleading

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Their combat is pretty similar and they have the same demon fusion mechanic

the rest is about as different as they can be within the constraints of a jrpg

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The actual problem with the ps3 for ffxiv wasn't the graphics, it was the ram, which the switch has 16x as much of as the ps3. The graphics are still the same graphics as always and ran on ps3 no problem.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

hatty posted:

I still need to see the water temple room from the US version of the app. All the pictures I’ve seen are from the Japanese version

US and J OoT differ by only a single bit

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Achmed Jones posted:

this is gonna sound like flame bait, but are any of the (mainline) pokémon games actually worth playing as an adult if you have never played one before? i'm sure i'll get one for little jones when he's a bit better at reading to help him with it; i'm more wondering if there'd be anything that'll pique my own interest. i like cute things and generally think pokémon are cute if that helps.

all of them

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Zurtilik posted:

I forgot to ran Sun and Moon at first. God, what a bad Gen.

its the best one actually

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
dicey dungeons uses dice as a singular, and is thus unfortunately unplayable

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
You can tell Hades is well designed because if you ask six people which weapon is most fun you'll get six different answers

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
the best weapon is bow, incidentally

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
You can tell by counting the number of dimensions

Isometric refers to the camera angle, where the majority of objects are facing 45 degrees off from the way the camera points

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
absent conflicting info, I'm going to assume your tastes are identical to mine and tell you to buy Atelier Ayesha DX

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
3D world is probably the best mario to co-op because the crown mechanic is very chaotic and fun

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

getting a lot of mileage out of this image

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
ages is the best but not by enough to be a tier over the rest of S

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

The 7th Guest posted:

these bugs bunny cartoons are okay but they'd be better if it was all music by babymetal, a japanese idol-led kawaii metal band which combines elements of j-pop and heavy metal. writes the daily dot: "for those of us whose musical tastes fall somewhere in the middle, Babymetal is kind of like a magical, leather-clad, fire-breathing, sonic unicorn."

band-maid is my preferred cute japanese heavy rock/metal band

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Frankly, retail leaks were not that widespread, especially where you're from, so I don't think I believe you've played it. Everything you're saying sounds directly ripped from out of context Twitter leaks, which are deliberately written to get engagement.

I just don't think you're a credible poster.

I too have never heard of piracy and am completely unaware there's a functional switch emulator

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Didn't play it

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
It is

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Phantom Hourglass is firmly below the dividing line between good games and bad games

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

hatty posted:

Spirit Tracks is good

yeah it's a lot better than PH

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

jackhunter64 posted:

Mario is aligned with a weak monarchy and the factory-owning Toad oligarchs and employs violence without hesitation against anyone who would upend that order.

cops are workers, just class-traitor workers

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The N64 had my childhood on it so I can safely say it's the best console ever made

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
RF5's performance only dips to unplayable right after exiting a building so its more like, the loading screen ends before it should

The more I play it the more I think its a PS2 game inexplicably for rhe switch. Awkward menus, jsnky combat, long loading screens. But like, it's a good PS2 game. Unless you're terribly attached to games feeling modern there's nothing dealbreaking about its issues.

RF4 is better though and is also for the switch so play that instead if you haven't yet

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Oracle of Ages is the best Zelda game though? wtf

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
ages is better than botw and i love botw

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Oracle of ages is my favorite zelda

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Must be exhausting to spend so much energy worrying about performance instead of just enjoying the video games

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Harvestella looks like rune factory as a drama instead of a comedy which means it'll be a good game but sadly inferior to the real thing

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'm struggling to understand the mindset that seeing frantic battles coming ruins the Doom experience

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

ExcessBLarg! posted:

I mentioned it earlier but I highly doubt Nintendo themselves would use it, and they may even forbid third parties from using it too.

I'm really struggling to think of an effective DRM strategy that "detects emulators" and wouldn't be a liability for future backwards compatibility.

presumably you have the pre-denuvo source code to form the base of the port and/or an understanding of exactly what denuvo is checking when you write the backwards compatibility emulator, which fan emulators will have to reverse-engineer the hard way

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

McCracAttack posted:

My favorite thing about Three Houses is they still use classic RPG dialog boxes with 2D character portraits even in scenes that are fully voiced and animated with an engine that can render the characters in exactly the same level of detail.

that's cause anime portraits are better than 3d models no matter the quality of the latter

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Graphics brain is a disease. If the switch can't run it it has too much graphics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Itll have a new fire emblem