Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Mordiceius posted:

The biggest failings of Endwalker are( general story, not really spoilers) Nero has no lines and we don’t get the Cid/Nero on-screen kiss.

On the other hand, two whole Hoary Boulder voiced scenes.

Boulder fans feastin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009

Clarste posted:

Okay, but why are people doing the 89 trial for the first time without using the Trust?

The duties are more interesting without having a bunch of computers instantly showing me how to do it.

KoB
May 1, 2009

:sickos:

KoB
May 1, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I did the entire MSQ with my Jibanyan Couch

Scooty Puff Jr 'till I die.

KoB
May 1, 2009
last two were melee and ranged, I bet next expansion is Caster/dex melee. No healer/tank like Stormblood.

KoB
May 1, 2009
there should be an increased penalty for leaving Castrum Meridianum. just had half the party drop immediately - what a bunch of babies

KoB
May 1, 2009

Endorph posted:

it really doesnt mean that and even then why does 'character in an anime' need its own special term instead of just 'character.'

hate to break this to you but the english language is far from concise and doesnt mind redundancy.

sometimes things are just a dumb meme.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Eimi posted:

For anyone who has done Triple Triad, is there a way to check what unique npcs you are missing? I have 105/107 unique npcs defeated and no idea what to even begin to search for guys to beat.

It removes their map marker if theyve been defeated/gotten all the cards, doesnt it?

KoB
May 1, 2009

Noper Q posted:

Is there a way to make specific buffs larger and more obvious? I would find monk much easier to play if I could tell at a glance when I have Leaden Fist and how long I have left on Disciplined Fist. Those two don't stand out enough with the default size, but blowing up the entire buff bar would be too distracting, especially on other jobs.

Thundarr posted:

Unfortunately no. A maintenance buff on yourself is really the sort of thing that should be on the job gauge rather than the buff bar.

This isnt entirely true, you can break out the different buffs/debuffs into separate bars, and make the bar prioritize your buffs first. Not perfect, but it can move debuffs and FC/food buffs away from the important ones.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Albu-quirky Guy posted:

Completely off topic but I just watched an anime called Bofuri on Hulu earlier this month and tl;dr it's about a virtual reality MMORPG where one of the classes specifically is based on a heavy shield (with a short knife as a backup weapon). So it's not out of the realm of possibility.

bofuris nutz

KoB
May 1, 2009

Bruceski posted:

At least Dragoon's rotation can be divided into a flank half and a rear half and who cares if something doesn't need it you're not wobbling just for that move. I just picked up Reaper and I don't get the rhythm yet and I can't tell if later abilities augment the current stuff or replace it because everything talks about having stacks of meters that don't exist for me yet.

you 1-2-3 to build meter 1

Spend meter 1 to use OGCD and [positional], builds meter 2

use meter 2 to go super saiyan and burst out super [positional]s, which gives ticks for super version of OGCD and a big finisher.

most of them just map over existing moves so it makes more sense once you get them.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Algid posted:

super positionals do not exist, we just went over this a couple of posts back lol.

theyre the same attacks, but super. thats all i meant

KoB
May 1, 2009

sexpig by night posted:

yea I dig this vibe for LLs, nothing huge revealed in super detail (lots of cool broadstrokes stuff) but just lots of nice information from relaxed sounding devs getting us hype for what's coming.

Yeah I hope these become a regular thing post-expansion. Just a "heres some things we're committing to and the general direction we're taking things in"

KoB
May 1, 2009

Sunday Morning posted:

I've just learned to ignore the error message telling me I can't gain any more poetics. :twisted:

most hosed up thing in this thread

KoB
May 1, 2009

KoB
May 1, 2009
Im afraid to use any quickchats when I lose in CC because they all sound like youre being a sarcastic poo poo. Just give me a 'gg'

KoB
May 1, 2009

KoB
May 1, 2009
when will I be able to do something with all this moonward gear?

KoB
May 1, 2009

sassassin posted:

DPS classes get too complex for me to care to learn. Tank crew 4 life.

same. me and my small brain gonna be up here getting punched in the face.

KoB
May 1, 2009
my small FC has two airships/two subs. should we just do all subs? Ive never kept up with all this workshop stuff.

KoB
May 1, 2009
In a CC match, we wiped the team early and had a good push so I went to hit "nice Job" and accidentally hit 'Good Match' so I looked like a jerk and then we got wiped and pushed back to our first point.

Luckily we won so I wasnt also a big idiot who said good match and lost.

KoB
May 1, 2009

cant believe they snatched up the composer from Mario Hoops 3 on 3.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Thundarr posted:

I don't think Omega was intended as meta-commentary. But at a few points I kinda got that impression, just a little.

A cute little quest.

It was really sweet. I hope we can catch up with Omega periodically.

E: i wonder if Omega will talk to you now if you find them out in the world.

KoB
May 1, 2009
the biggest reason to take away houses from people with more than one is that it would be really funny and only effect a couple dozen people total. Theyd come in this thread and have a big ol baby meltdown.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Corbeau posted:

Still worse than mouseover smartcasting, which has been in games for how many years now? 15? More?

There are just so many small things that are wrong with XIV from a technical perspective. If a competitor - say, Riot Games - puts in the work to write a good story to go with a modern competent engine then SE is gonna lose their lunch money real fast.

Pretty sure they are working on an MMO.

KoB
May 1, 2009

SirSamVimes posted:

I sincerely doubt that the trailer WoL is ever going to fantasia

I dont think theyll change the canon WOL at all but 7.0 would be the perfect excuse to have a new trailer dude with the likely big push to get new people in on the new adventure/direction of the story.

KoB
May 1, 2009
please dont post fat chocobo they look happy but im a chocoologist and theyre actually in pain.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Regular cadence would have put 7.0 in late 2023, with these dates its looking more like summer 2024. Maybe they want to realign with the old schedule.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Kerrzhe posted:

you think they would delay an expansion by 6 months?

Fanfest is practically just an expansion hype event, why would they release an expansion right in the middle?

KoB
May 1, 2009

Loezi posted:

Spy x Family / Anya fans gonna spend enough on fantasias and this emote to fund the development of the next four expansions alone.

waku waku

KoB
May 1, 2009
"Guardian will no longer have an effect on targets interacting with an object."

KoB
May 1, 2009
havent run leveling roulette much on my WAR and got cutters cry, I never realized that you need to be level 50 for Storms Eye but get Mythril tempest at 40. So i need to AOE on bosses to keep my buff up.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Martman posted:

secretly the best mount in the game

I already have the scooty puff jr

KoB
May 1, 2009

Onean posted:

Oh, a tiny bit of information on 7.0, though it's just confirmation that the level cap will be 100. YoshiP also says that going past 100 doesn't feel right, so they need to do some considering about what to do in the future.
https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/status/1612729124069707776?s=20&t=6csvqUAatof9xG2pQw4ggA

they could easily squish the levels by cutting like 20 or 30 levels from ARR. You can go multiple levels without getting anything at all.

KoB
May 1, 2009
I havent been using xiv Launcher for long - will it update automatically when ready or do I need to manually download a patch? I understand it takes time just wondering if i should be on the lookout.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Bloody Pom posted:

Last night I tanked my rear end off in the new Alliance raid, to the point where I was even getting praise in the chat. Throwing out Divine Veils and Passage of Arms on raidwides like they were candy. We definitely would have had more deaths if I hadn't, people were constantly eating mechanics.

Not a single commendation from my own party :negative:

make a funnier portrait

KoB
May 1, 2009
Whenever i see gshade screenshots they always look super blown out or the colors are all wrong.

KoB
May 1, 2009

quiggy posted:

I play with God's own Japanese VA :smug:

mods???

KoB
May 1, 2009
when someone is parsing super low i go "Look at this fuckin guy" to myself and then move on with my life cuz who cares.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009

goblin week posted:

Getting ahead in the Heavensward MSQ finally. Holy poo poo Ishgard sucks. Why did we save them from dragons

because ff14 is a game that believes everyone deserves a second chance.