Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I can't wait to be able to log into this again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

happy new year! completely unrelated

zenos is based on sebastian bach change my mind

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Khizan posted:

Probably not getting much use now that people can sign up with google authenticator and whatnot now, so it’s not worth maintaining the app.

Didn't know you could do that, cool.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Bruceski posted:

It's lovely. Other machinist weapons include a Tommygun and a double-barelled shotgun.

Well I know what DPS job I’m levelling next.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

The ending of EW is like, on par with the 5.2-5.3 MSQ emotionally, imo. And you get some awesome character moments throughout.

It's my second favourite expansion for sure, after ShB. HW is a close third.

Unrelated houuuuugh god they really need to go back and re-dub ARR with the current voice cast if they're gonna insist on keeping Praetorium's cutscenes unskippable.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

HPanda posted:

But keep Gaius. I never want to lose Saturday morning cartoon villain Gaius.

Or was that not your intent?

I choose to believe Michael McElhatton would do that line the justice it deserves.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Hellioning posted:

Even I, noted Endwalker Critic, don't think it is that bad. Still better than Stormblood at least.

Stormblood would have been better if the first four levels of it weren't this horrendous slog that felt more like a series of side quests than actual story progression.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

I assume we'll save the world and then in the wrapup someone'll go to the WoL "Hey, wanna go on vacation?"

Just as well. We've saved the world a half dozen times, it's time for a good ol' fashioned beach episode casual romp through unknown distant lands

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Mordiceius posted:

People say this every expansion cycle and it will never happen.

Yeah, maaaaaybe 6.55 will have more than four quests in it, but there's a delicate balance needed to avoid a repeat of the absolute slog that 2.5 and 2.55 was.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Qwertycoatl posted:

They've said the scions will be split into two competing groups. My theory is that this means Zero eating nachos will compete with G'raha eating a taco

while I must side with my boy raha out of loyalty I will secretly side with Zero in spirit

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

pezzie posted:

Dawntrail team please devote at least 50% of your budget to rendering food.

swinging massively towards too many food polys to compensate for the launch endwalker grapes

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

this is definitely the right DC for that, I've gotten random DMs in ul'dah on behemoth from people inviting me to nightclubs on a friday or saturday night on famfrit or ultros

100% interested in a jonny DJ set, you know your poo poo for sure

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Got three 10k mini cactpots in a row for the first time. I think I might need to go buy a real lottery ticket now.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Awesome! posted:

you have never experienced the joy of watching 3/4 of the raid get blown off at once?

I get my dose of that whenever Shinryu pops up in trials roulette and half a dozen people forget about the immediate tidal wave.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Oneiros posted:

i've also had two regular duty failures; the lv89 msq trial and the turtle guildhest

People bail on that one? I love it, it's great. I've had more issues with Crown of the Immaculate, people seem to gently caress the phase 2 meter up almost as much as they gently caress up the Shinryu tidal wave.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

DoW/DoM mentor: harrowing experience giving vietnam flashbacks
DoH/DoL mentor: silly hammer crown, occasional PMs from people earnestly asking about content from eight years ago :shobon:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

the crystal tower raids got a friend of mine back into the game because he was so bored with the 2.0 content being basically autopilot poo poo even when you're going through it, but even LotA making you have to pay attention to the ground and the icons above your head is more than most normal WoW raid content that it was like, oh poo poo, this is what the game is really like

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

poking party finder on a friday night and it's 99% gay hrothgar goth nightclubs, then casually telling a mate what server/ward/plot to go visit

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Kyrosiris posted:

You are allowed to DC travel, you know.

E: Like, I spent all day on Primal getting rapid queues. I'll go back to Aether tomorrow, and keep getting rapid queues. :v:

It occurs to me I've never actually used that feature before.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Onean posted:

Another person got to That Point in ShB. :allears:

It's my favourite expansion for several reasons :munch:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Man why does nobody want to do the Yojimbo fight anymore, I gotta get that poo poo done for the Manderville weapons goddammit :mad:

Meanwhile I'm doing the ARR relic grind because I want that drat Excalibur Zeta by the time Dawntrail hits. Got through the Atma grind this evening :toot:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

The Grimace posted:

Quick reminder that Square-Enix is too afraid to add "sack of nuts" into the auto-translation dictionary despite being an imperative part of hunts, and despite "Allied Seals" and "Centurio Seals" both existing in the diction. It has been four years since Shadowbringers was released.

guys if you don't want people using this out of context you should have just named it something else :mad:

Based on other classic FF translation hilarity I choose to believe that this is the squeenix US team flipping the best bird they can muster at the mothership by forcing them to try to come up with equivalent puns.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I wish the Emperor’s New Fists was an all class item but I know that would just absolutely break how the game’s job system works. All jobs should be able to be punch man jobs.

Punch the trees for wood. Punch the sword you’re forging. Fly a mile in the air and punch the boss like you’re Godbert.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

There’s a reason I’m finally getting around to the ARR relic grind.

Finally gonna get me that Excalibur Zeta.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

FuturePastNow posted:

I'm guessing 6.5 msq will conclude the current story while 6.55 msq will intro the next crisis

Yeah, that's where I think it's going to go. 6.5 trial will be Zeromus and sort out the last of the Thirteenth/voidsent plotline, 6.55 will be the breather episode where everyone finally gets around to reading those damned letters.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

WHM is really fun once you get used to it. I mained it 1-90 on my first character through all the expansions and while some of the story stuff could be a bit of a slog with a relatively low damage output, it was a blast in dungeons and raids. I'm leveling it again on my current character as an alt job, and now that I'm mid-way through the 50s and have stuff like Assize and Afflatus Solace it's just so chill even when the content is getting harder.

The instant duty pops help a lot lol

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Move relic grind tokens (eg. Atmas) into the key items section.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Electric Phantasm posted:

New QoL: a second page for the key items!

Considering they had to delete belts to add more armoury chest space for the other gear slots, I'm pretty sure doing this would necessitate like, removing chocobo storage.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Fix that drat unicorn mount quest so that you can run it without removing your job stone as well

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Sprint should really just be a toggle outside of combat areas.

Yeah. Leave it 20s/60s CD out of combat in instances, but make it like PvP sprint in cities and sanctuaries.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

i'll admit it, i hosed up on a few mechanics in Galatea Magna tonight and wiped the party as a result

my excuse is the last time I healed was when 6.0 was fresh content and i've only ever done the 6.x stuff as DRG

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I did 6.1-6.4 as a DRG and a couple days ago my FC fell apart due to RL issues and I had to abandon that char, so I returned to my original 6.0 WHM char on Excal in a goon FC and started going through it all again

it just happens that I've never healed those instances and I swear P8S is easier than the 6.3 instances

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

What does it mean for an expansion to "fail"

Like what is the metric

For a lot of these morons, it's "it wasn't the expansion that was the one that I started playing at and therefore it's not as good"

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

hopeandjoy posted:

You do not think our loveliest of branches would aid us if we called them?

Oh! Jail for sapling! Jail for sapling for One Thousand Years!

I just want more Feo Ul in general. They're such an absolute shitposter I love them so much :allears:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

imo they should specifically make it so raha is the only scion you can kiss just to anger the haters

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Hellioning posted:

I think Y'shtola is pushed towards the player more than she is pushed towards the WoL, if that makes sense.

Yep. She's the team mom, and there's an enormous number of people who play this game who are into that.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

Alisaie's a red mage and doesn't wear a hat!

I like to imagine X'rhun Tia was like "no, no, you have to wear the hat, that's how it works" and just ending up in a circular argument with her about the importance of the hat for hours.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Sunday Morning posted:

X'rhun failed with me as well. Do you know who I am, X'rhun? I'm the Warrior of F'ing Light and I'll wear what I want. Have you, in your fancy hat, saved the Universe? I did it in a pink sweater and a pair of rimless glasses.

Explicitly using The Emperor's New Hat on my RDM glam so X'hrun goes "very nice hat you have there good sir" while I chuckle to myself

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

RDM is definitely my favourite magic DPS job. I will be a WHM main forever with DRG as a close second, but if you said you needed a non-melee DPS I would be signing up as RDM. The raw DPS numbers aren't necessarily as good as BRD or DNC but the utility makes the job wonderful to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011