Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

I will post here while waiting in a queue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

I wonder what glams does he make as a CUL

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Thundarr posted:

I assume the Modern Aesthetics item is actually the clown face paint rather than a haircut. That would be the first time they've added a face paint option as a limited time thing to my knowledge.
it's face paint that we see on the poster according to the garland tools website

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Hopefully story will be better than ShB's or SB's alliance raids

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Something something Menphina.

Do any of those demographics surveys keep information on patron saint? It'd be interested who people pick most vs. just clicking the first and getting through to character customization.
yup

https://luckybancho.ldblog.jp/wsurvey_en.htm?world=Global

global stats, but you can filter down to world

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Another toga

Cute

Finally

I expect I will spend the first few hours just fiddling with the new portrait system.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Axel Serenity posted:

Servers are live. Adventure plates are cool.

The first thing I did was Copperbell and this is the greatest patch in the history of video games.

:sickos:

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

They could just make one solo-only queue and one that allowed premades for both modes.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

HackensackBackpack posted:

On that note, have we seen the Paissa yet?
it was added to the store
https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/d7f2f8754459af36cf1aba75cad16f685ff38b52

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Dragongem posted:

Frontlines is a total crazyfest, there's a mix of people who actually want to try to win for the title and people who just want to find the nearest person and hit buttons

If you're lucky those two objectives intersect :v:
Sounds like nothing has changed

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

MechaX posted:

Tried CC again as SMN this time; still fun but some of y'all need to stop chasing the solo samurai off away from the crystal lmao. Teams can get absolutely demolished if people run in one or two at a time as opposed to trying to stay with a group, even if that means giving up some crystal progress. Also Bahamut/Phoenix can straight delete people and it's great.

And also tried Frontlines, and yeah, that still sucks rear end. But I'm down for more CC-related stuff!
SMN in CC is fairly fun, but it seems its AoE attacks might be even more useful in FL, but I need to try it in FL

I just stopped playing ranked, after a string of lost games where I saw my team mates playing 'meta' jobs revive one by one and then run alone into an enemy team to die, I just gave up.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

S.J. posted:

I was thinking about rocking a bunch of casual games to help level my AST since I don't generally like healing in PvE as much, but are they actually good at keeping their team alive and debuffing the enemy, you think? That's good enough for me to try it out.

e: They seriously should add some of the PvP MCH stuff into their PvE toolkit. Heat blast sucks and should go away imo
btw, CC gives very little leveling exp

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

housing districts available again

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

I feel like calling shots in FL rarely means that people actually follow them

Btw, I had above 50% win rate in FL before freelancing, because I played as Mael

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

coolusername posted:

until such time as they pry the WHM LB from my cold, dead, healerless fingers because there's got to be nerfs incoming
which might happen as soon as tomorrow

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

rantmo posted:

I've started doing Frontlines roulette and it loving sucks, I don't know how anyone can keep track of what is happening at any given moment, it's just pure chaos and not in a fun way. It's decent enough XP and doesn't take too long, though the matches have been incredibly tedious. I'm looking forward to trying out CC at least, but Frontlines is just something to be endured for me, at least until I get the fist-punch emote.
It's mostly about looking at the map, following the group from one crystal/flag/whatever to another and glancing at chat window for occasional calls. Otherwise just don't jump alone into enemy group. It can be quite organized sometimes.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

I got archfiend coffer and some stuff I wanted from crystal trophy merchant, so I can just wait until next season whether it will be better balanced.

I just wish SMN weapon was more interesting, oh well.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

A Moose posted:

I feel like there is a difference between how well the game mode is actually balanced, and how well people think its balanced. Some things might be EXTREMELY popular because they are perceived as being good. I don't think WAR and WHM are THAT much stronger than everything else. I think its just because we see them all the time, every game, and we see them all the time every game because people think they're good. After all, they must be good, otherwise why would people play them every game? Its just a meme that reinforces itself. There might have been some truth to it at first but just try some different things.
yes, I think there was a bit of a surprise when it was found there are many RDMs among the top 100, because it was not considered OP job back then, but no SMNs

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

hazardousmouse posted:

how the gently caress am i supposed to ride this cart all the way to palaka?

oh you can fly with it
that's unexpected
I drove it there, it did not occur to me to try the flight again

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Electric Phantasm posted:

Have dataminers dug up the description for the cart? Cause I really wanna what bullshit they come up with to justify it flying.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Albu-quirky Guy posted:

IRL hippos kill more humans per year than sharks do. Extremely territorial, extremely fast swimmers, and they weigh as much as a small truck.
Which invites the question - how did they manage to tame them?

I suppose being an elephant helps.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

I didn't think housing situation is this dire, I remember seeing plenty of empty plots years ago, I even managed to buy house twice (I lost the first one). I suppose this might be an effect of booming game population and suspension of reclamations.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Edmond Dantes posted:

Man, it took forever, but I finally got my (EW final dungeon minion spoiler I guess?) Starbird

:eyepop:

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Augus posted:

why would they do that

Because you can carpet bomb enemy team with Bahamuts

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

FuturePastNow posted:

same

My week of frontlines was 0 1st place, 0 2nd place, 7 3rd place, and that's not atypical
I tend to have a week of losses and then next week I have a string of wins. Maybe that's coincidence or it's their weird FL matchmaking system.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Baron Porkface posted:

How can I relearn summoner at level 79?
You are pressing red/yellow/green until you press blue or orange.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Warmachine posted:

Tataru is totally planning her own rug-pull coin, and she has something juicy on Thancred to ensure he says nothing about it.

I maxed out the height slider (or close enough) on my catte, but I haven't really noticed it in game. I don't really stand around next to people focusing on the models enough to appreciate the difference.
I usually spend some time checking other teammates in CC while waiting for the start of the match. I noticed my character is taller than 90% of other players and I am not even playing as one the tallest races.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

wanderer's campfire obviously

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Ibblebibble posted:

I'm so loving glad that I'm a PLD main.
PLD imitating DRK?

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Oneiros posted:

they did but it's still 10 unique slots

Head
Torso
Legs
Feet
Hands

Earrings
Necklace
Wrists
Ring

Main/Off Hand

i forgot about the actual weapon while i was counting :negative:
I believe weapons are not among those guaranteed gear drops from leveling dungeons.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

hazardousmouse posted:

jesus loving christ this number ticks up so slowly. it's causing me psychic damage

I'm at 34
I'm at 66 and I think I will see that level 60 undyeable coat some time in 2030+, they'll probably add it to some malmstone series or moogle treasure trove event before I reach 100.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Every time I see someone in my housing ward, it's a little miracle. Maybe return of autodemolitions would change something, maybe it would help bring some active players.
Although I know my neighbor exists and is active because they recently clearly copied exterior of my house.

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Nov 9, 2022

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Offkorn posted:

Speaking of Frontline, anyone know when the Dynamis DC ones trigger? They must fill at some point, since there's a leaderboard, but I have no idea what the window is (8pm EST Sunday was no good and immediately after the daily reset now apparently isn't either).
:lol: at leaderboard for frontlines existing, just a list of people that rolled the dice the most

they could bring back 8-man frontlines for times when DCs are less populated

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

super sweet best pal posted:

There needs to be a way to preview classes, it's impossible to get a good feel for them with how much some of them change as you level.
It is not ideal, but you can access POTD at level 17 to (sort of) try how job plays at level 60.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Black Griffon posted:

Oh we getting a graphics overhaul? Apparently picked a good time to jump back in.

In 7.0

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

hopeandjoy posted:

Everyone shut up about Godbert being a republican and look at my lizard.

Thank you.
Nice. Is that some hair mod?

Thundarr posted:

Mog Ex is the best ARR Ex trial because I can go in as a level 90 and obliterate a whole bunch of moogles at once with one AoE. Then they stand up and I can do it again.
DRK main spotted

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Nov 23, 2022

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Zeruel posted:

I decided to fantasia from my current character but I also used a retainer fantasia so its like my old character is going on holiday for a while and my retainer is taking over

:unsmith:

see you around space potato.
:same:

My two retainers bear my WoL's past looks.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

writing that text meant pushing more buttons than occasional press of 'pass'

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Onean posted:

I'm 90% sure they said it was going to be an MGP mount. It may have just been the translators interpreting wrong, which is why I'm not 100% sure.
it's MGP mount

preliminary patch notes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Thundarr posted:

The secret to not getting creepy tells is to never spend time hanging out in Limsa.
I have Limsa on Return as my home city since I first started playing sometime during HW era and I don't remember ever getting creepy tell.