Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Why do you read this thread anyway?
This poll is closed.
I enjoy reading contemporary newspaper comics. 64 26.02%
I hate reading contemporary newspaper comics. 42 17.07%
I enjoy reading historical newspaper comics. 88 35.77%
I enjoy reading newspaper comics from foreign countries. 52 21.14%
Total: 246 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Mister Kingdom posted:

If the net doesn't pop up, it's not going to help.
It looks less like a jump and more like the ramp ends completely horizontal so all the net is going to do is risk trapping the front of the skies if they dip down even slightly. Goodbye legs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Haifisch posted:

2018 Spiderman
Oh no, the guy with the iron fists slowly walked up and punched their guns to pieces! Whatever could they have done to prevent that?!
(his beard looks like two silly fangs in the third panel)

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Tiff remembers that guy's name, knows his usual, has a nickname for him and even remembers the names of all of his grandchildren...

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

An entire sunday page styled comic wasted on a one panel "joke" and ironically it's about being environment friendly?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Kennel posted:

See, after almost dying of starvation my fat cousin is not ugly anymore.
Also her clothes shrank in size along with her.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Crab Dad posted:

Someone tell this clod dancing is a good way to snuggle up and get sweaty with your partner.
Have you seen him dance? He looks like he's milking a kangaroo.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Halloween is probably the easiest time of the year to hide a murder, just saying.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Tackling the difficult issues of the youth with the understanding of a boomer.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Maybe it's all just a horrible cancer fever dream being inflicted upon the rest of us?

Haifisch posted:

2018 Spiderman
KYYAAA

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I wonder if salad bars and buffets are going to come back in the wake of covid. I kinda hope not, tbh.
They closed down where you live??? :sweden:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Medenmath posted:

"Boltar knocks on the door and it opens."
Such a great line with the artwork to match. :allears:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

riderchop posted:

For Better or For Worse
In the first three panels she's wearing a dress underneath but in the fourth it's suddenly bra and skirt?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Haifisch posted:

2018 Spiderman
The golden claw is in Bleak Falls Barrow, just follow the questmarker you pair of idiots.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Mikl posted:

Classic Kevin & Kell in: March Madness (March 20-26, 2006)

According to that graph hibernating species drink massive amounts of coffee when they get active again and none at all the rest of the year?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

That's what vacuum cleaners looked like the last time the author touched one.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

He is just trying to suck up so they'll do the inventory count perfectly so he won't lose his job. It's all fake.

Because Courtney is well known for being both diligent and thorough with a keen sense of detail. Double sucks for Marla though. :sigh:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

kidcoelacanth posted:

are you telling me you're not busting a gut at the concept that children know more about technology than old people
I've known that for almost 30 years. Learned it from watching how the teachers always struggled with the vhs for seemingly no reason. :confused:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Murdstone posted:

Are Jeremy's legs always that short?
Teens with their long t-shirts and sagging pants/shorts.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

ukonvasara posted:

The writing has intermittently gotten pretty entertaining, but the art is still some of the laziest garbage in this thread.
It's still leagues ahead of tegnehanne which looks like it was drawn by a young child.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Giant Ethicist posted:

Rootless Market
The author really likes that short two tooth guy, don't they? 6th panel, right side. That's the second time I've spotted him in this story already. :v:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I wonder much worse this phantom story will get?

Zereth posted:

Criminal elements? Isn't it the chinese government?
Potato potato.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

readingatwork posted:

Calvin and Hobbes (Dec 7-8, 1990)

I love this one, it's great. :allears:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Howard Beale posted:

Exactly. Teenage Harry's response should have been "A store that just sells comic books? Sounds great!" instead of "what is this co-mic-book-store of which you speak?" Christ, Batiuk has gone back only 40 years with this story, he hasn't sent Crazy Harry to the Bronze Age or anything.
I'm pretty sure anyone from anywhere or anytime who has an understanding of the concept of a store would be able to figure out that a comic book store is a store which sells comic books, even if they don't know what a comic book is. :cripes:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Haifisch posted:

2018 Spiderman
Whyyyy? This is so stupid it hurts my brain like it's being hit by a giant spoon like what felled the incredible spiderman previously, which admittedly was pretty funny. Less awful dialog and more head trauma please.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Vargo posted:

Wallace the Brave
I love the sign on the door. :3:

quote:

Heart of the City

Yes!

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

NRVNQSR posted:

"What the hay do these kids today see in Bob Ross?" in 1991 is a real "old man yells at cloud" take.

readingatwork posted:

I think Peirce himself is the one who likes Bob Ross. This feels like him poking fun at himself more than anything else.
People are still watching Bob Ross. Every weekend there is a stream over on twitch: https://twitch.tv/bobross

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

readingatwork posted:

Calvin and Hobbes (Jan 16-17, 1991)

I just love the "WAAUGHH! The whole yard's ice!" panel. :allears:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Let me guess: She never gets any instructions for how to care for them and most if not all of them will die?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Powered Descent posted:

The Family Circus

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I had to go back and check:
There is a second beaker tripped there. I'm impressed. :toot:

Also get hosed Stuart, you would have written up Cooper if you learned he flipped the switch to get the fans back on and forbidden him if he had been stupid enough to ask permission.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Ghostlight posted:

'"we shouldn't escalate things against clearly racist white people - we win by walking patiently away" - a black person' - an old white man
Wouldn't walking away leave the bag in the hands of snatcher?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

ukonvasara posted:

I think Bob Ross is primarily adored (now) as a TV presenter; as far as I know, it's not like there's been a massive reappraisal of the quality of his art, which is generally, like, "fine". The idea seems to be that it's a bit ridiculous for Nate to think of knockoff Bob Ross as the Best Artist Ever, amplified by the weird mean-spiritedness present in every interaction in the comic.
They stream Bob Ross episodes on twitch every weekend and get thousands of viewers every time. :v:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I absolutely love dickbutt edits and I'm only mildly ashamed to admit it! :allears:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Doomykins posted:

the Herman Hedwig(I think, the gross little caveman) comic posted awhile ago.
Herman Hedning (Herman Heathen, if you want it translated into english). :eng101:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I don't like mowing the lawn because we have a short but steep slope with a turn and an apple tree with low hanging branches in the middle of it. The rest of the lawn is fine. It's not the most fun task of course but it's not the awful hellish torment those lazy sods are whining about, pushing a semi-self powered mower back and forth on a flat surface. :argh:

Poil fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jun 25, 2022

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

It's utterly awful. The sun rises in the northeast and is already scorching the landscape at 4 in the morning and barely dips below the horizon in the northwest at "night". During winter it's the opposite not much above the horizon at a low angle shining sharply directly at eye height. Only autumn and spring has decent times for rising and setting. Quite inconsiderate I feel.

Hmmm, how are the Danes planning to pay for the huge fleet? It's not like the north has any worthwhile loot to plunder. At least not compared to heading south.

Poil fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Jun 27, 2022

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Couldn't the Phantom just go and deal with or scare away Jampa before the rescue mission?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

goatface posted:

Bernice should be sent to a nunnery.
What did those poor nuns do to deserve that?