Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

cgfreak posted:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CbVgamkFuIA/?utm_medium=copy_link

Gyanyu seems like a nice humble lad to me :unsmith:

I was impressed with his on track performance as well, some decent moves, solid and unafraid driving. That 10th place was definitely on merit and not by lucking in on a good SC position or anything. Glad he seems to be at least okay, and not some fail pay driver.

Yeah he did much better than I expected, and given he was one of them without a late race fastest lap on softs he was really close on actual pace to Bottas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Mode 7 posted:

Zhou did really well for his debut, though in my heart I wish Mick had held on to 10th and got points just to see Guenther's radiant joy/elated swearing.

Mick's got the speed, he took damage in that incident with Ocon and didn't use softs late on when everyone set fastest lap. And still he was within 4 tenths of Kmag.

Unless the rest get their poo poo together really quickly he'll be in the points soon enough.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Frond posted:

Did they not see the 3, perhaps 4 times where hill directly plowed into the back of Schumacher?

That seems unlikely, it would have required Hill to be travelling quicker than Schumacher.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

learnincurve posted:

Lewis vs that dogshit McLaren he had for years was amazing just for the Prost levels of whine alone.

Also when he was beaten by Button over a season... which I'm sure George has noticed.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

The problem with electric cars is while gas has gone up by about 50% here in a year, my electricity costs have trebled.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

I love the “Mercedes has sorted it out. Just wait until we see the car next. They’ve sorted it out now, just wait. It’s just the porpoising, they’ve got it figured out. It’s the most powerful car, just need one change before next race…”

You say that but Harper mentioned 2009. Hamilton had like, 5 non-points finishes in a row then won the race after.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Edward Mass posted:

And I'd buy it, because F1's website doesn't have any Haas merch for some reason.

It all had "Mother Russia" on it so I assume they're desperately reprinting.

You'll find the lot in local TK/TJ Maxx or Ross very soon I'm sure.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

While facing the other way.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Retrospectively.

Also all members of his family.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Edward Mass posted:

Croft suggesting a VSC during practice. :wtc:

Some series do this just to avoid how long a red flag takes.

$10 Crofty doesn't know that and is an idiot.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Seb fined, apparently he should have got race control's permission and only used access roads.

", no one is allowed on-track, at pit entry or pit exit except:
- Drivers when driving or on foot, having first received permission to do so from a marshal."

The rules of course disagree but when has that ever mattered.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

How so? I’ve been around race tracks enough to know race control doesn’t want any vehicle on track that they didn’t give specific permission to during a session. I’ve had tracks refuse me riding a moped around them even when sessions were closed and track was empty. It makes obvious sense to have tight control on what vehicles are cruising around.

Sorry this was days ago and about Vettel on scooter.

Everything you say is right but the rules say people are allowed on track driving OR walking with permission of only a marshal, which Vettel says he had.

So he broke nothing but $5k is cheap publicity.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Aphex- posted:

Makes sense tbh

There was actually a year (2005 iirc) when they banned tyre changes. That died when Kimi flat spotted a tyre so badly that a few laps later it snapped his suspension.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Can't do it twice in a race either.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Pvt. Public posted:

Guanciale is absolutely not difficult to get in almost all of the US worth living in.

So like... available in one bodega?

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

No but his theiving ancestors were

Aren't his thieving ancestors from Italy?

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Titanman Assservant was excellent in Sherlock and Dr Strange.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

learnincurve posted:

Is aeropress one of those things where if you go over the little almost invisible guideline it all goes horribly wrong?

No, it's one of those "Every hipster will tell you a method by which is the only way to make good coffee" and all the versions are slightly different and all of them result in exactly the same result things.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

learnincurve posted:

I just realised the only pay drivers on the grid are Latifi and Stroll, which must be the lowest number them ever.

And Zhou. And Albon. And, to a degree, Mick.

Not 100% on Albon but I thought RB were still paying.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

A body blow for Team Russia there.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

learnincurve posted:

K-mag was never this good before right?

I get the impression KMag is like HHF. When the car suits him, lightning. When it's in any way wrong, dogshit.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Sombrerotron posted:

He had a top-notch car for several years prior to this.

It's you.

You're the joke getter.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

New rule : You put slicks on, you get DRS.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

straight up brolic posted:

Them praying for DRS so Hamilton can finally pass Stroll

Yeah, Sky are clearly tired of all the racing going on and want it confined to the front straight to make it all less confusing.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Lewis' dry tyres are pre-gone.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

I don't think this new guy at Mercedes is going to work out, 14th isn't good enough.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Mercedes sabotaging Russell to make sure he doesn't look too good.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Cimber posted:

From the race or from the sport?

Yes.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Sky really loving want their boy to have DRS.

"There's a dry line, why isn't there DRS"

Because if there's 1 line, the DRS car won't be on it?

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Driving Shard or Shardly driving.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Marklar posted:

They do this in golf

Folks here is Tiger Woods in 69th place.

Yeah but that's golf, it's not like there's any danger something exciting is happening elsewhere.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Photex posted:

just stay on this battle for 4th, it's going to be the most exciting

But it doesn't include Queen of our hearts Lewis Hamilton so I'm pretty sure that's not true.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

ilmucche posted:

Gasly must be pretty happy to have kept 7 time world champion sir Lewis hamilton-arbalester behind him for so long. Hope he can hang on

He's the Bernoldi of our hearts.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Angryhead posted:

"That was a very lovely Sunday"
Max is much more tolerable when he has an easy day!

I thought he said lonely.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Kirios posted:

I hope Bottas doesn’t hurt his back carrying Alfa Romeo to points every week. No one is doing more with less than him so far this year.

He's got twice as many points in 4 races as that team scored last season.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Pook Good Mook posted:

Another couple had set aside just one week for bicycling the entire circumference of Lake Michigan.

This was the one I didn't know so I googled it and got 307 miles, which I thought was just about doable if they're cyclists.

Then I realised that was the length and it was 1600 miles.

Yeah, good luck.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

ethanol posted:

One thing I don’t understand are the rules on sim time. It limits cfd time right? How do they even verify a team only does a certain amount of finite element analysis. What’s to stop the team from just doing it in a back room and not telling anybody? All you need is a guy and a computer.

What I’m saying is Mercedes should give me their cad files and access to a super computer and a fluent license and 1 million dollar and I too can tell them the mesh still isn’t fine enough to model the porpoising

They can't really, they'd rely on a whistleblower.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

ilmucche posted:

Aren't family travel cards cheaper than getting oyster for everyone? Defo cheaper than individual cash fares which are hilariously expensive

Family I don't know but for individuals it automatically stops charging you at the travelcard price anyway.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Charles Leclerc posted:

Have you considered the Great British national pastime of going to a Wetherspoons for opening time, having six pints of the cheapest lager on tap and having a scrap with somebody who looked at your missus funny?

Is there a diamond package of this that includes the missus?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

They will replace Martin Brundle with his clone son and you all know it.