Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Kharmakazy posted:

There's a lot of the names there

Not all of them, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Tree Reformat posted:

feels a bit sacrilegious that this thread now probably constitutes the most effort ever put forth in making an actual zybourne clock deliverable, even jokingly

Pretty sure that one Valve concept artist put way more time into the thing than anyone before or since. Also the people who made a joke live action trailer for the game a few years after the project crashed and burned.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Ruffian Price posted:

A magic box that will happily invent nonexistent language features whole cloth, because the prime directive is to be helpful and satisfy your query. Verify against a search engine and use the feedback feature if you got a perfect-looking answer that doesn't actually work.

Yeah, it has a janky implementation/understanding of some less used languages. It got the syntax all wrong for one I tried, both using some ancient deprecated syntax instead of new and compact code, and completely misusing a different feature. It's clearly just writing any code you ask for in pseudocode and then only turning it into "code" in the actual language when you ask to see it, because it would give me what the output was "supposed" to be when I told it to run a subroutine using a given input, rather than what the code would actually do if it was being interpreted by the AI properly.

And I would tell the AI it understood one feature or syntax wrong, and how to fix it, and ask it to apply that fix to X subroutine. But the next time I asked it to write something it would forget one of those fixes, and then the next; it never remembered the proper way to do anything beyond 5 or 10 text exchanges.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Doctor Zero posted:

That result absolutely stunned me. The rest are not quite so perfect, but awesome nonetheless less.

Ha, did it give the children long hair because metal? :allears:

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

pixaal posted:

I don't get it how is their shining example not mona lisa or that it steals the style of Van Gogh. Like you could probably convince a jury that something there is wrong.

For the former, da Vinci died five centuries ago, and the latter, dude died 133 years ago; how could any jury find legal wrongdoing there? "Style" is not and has never been copyrightable

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

And an interquel.

https://twitter.com/keithscho/status/1613944969479491584

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

PoorWeather posted:

Anyway, I don't think there's anything wrong with using open source stuff, or just loving around with the technology generally. The people I'm worried about are the ones who seem eager to stan the corporations behind this stuff and their products as if they're synonymous with it. I saw some people on a discord the other day basically worshipping Midjourney as a newborn god and it scared the hell out of me.

Post Your Favorite: Derail Valley › PYF ProcGen: drat thats nice I'd worship that

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

the gpt model is pre-trained, it is not learning from your inputs in real time or w/e. after MS's Tay companies aren't dumb enough to do that again
that "knowledge" only sticks around as long as the individual conversation thread it's in does.

Less than that! In my experience it starts forgetting what you've already discussed after around 20 exchanges or so.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

IShallRiseAgain posted:

That looks like the old rich guy in the wheelchair in the Hannibal movie Red Dragon.

Do you mean the old rich guy in the wheelchair in the Manhunter movie Silence of the Lambs?

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

StarkRavingMad posted:

I would appreciate any tips on trying to generate pictures that look like a movie still frame or a photograph and less like a drawing. I'm trying some of the obvious things like "photorealistic" and "movie still frame" but it still kind of looks like an artwork. Or does it really just come down to the model you use?

I haven't messed around with Stable Diffusion in awhile and man, the advances are pretty impressive, especially screwing around with some of the custom models out there.

No photograph is labeled "photorealistic" in the datasets these things draw from; only drawn/painted/rendered art. Don't use that unless you want clearly not photography.

I've had good results entering the names of film cameras, film stock, and especially "cinematography by" whatever cinematographers were active in the era/style/genre you're looking for. ~4 names there is usually good enough.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

KwegiboHB posted:

Birthday request: everyone post monster trucks. Thank you!

MUTER :black101:

monster truck rally, nitro infused engine, burning wheel, bisexual lighting, gender reveal smoke

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

pixaal posted:

Talking about building a large scale game with current tech is silly you have no room for anything but the AI and will require very powerful GPUs the cost of production and how niche a product this will be with most people going "yeah but it looks like poo poo and I need a 4090", this is 5-10 years out at a min, all of these features are things that have to be solved before it's viable and they can be.

I think currently you have to check state which means it's going to take multiple requests it will be slow like a DOS RPG, please enjoy this midi file while this loads for 15 minutes.

That's not even DOS RPG. Loaders were like Commodore and Amiga things IIRC.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

HowIsItManifested is pretty great
https://clips.twitch.tv/SlickNimbleTeaDoubleRainbow-_8CBDONqYOQtJMw2

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

IShallRiseAgain posted:

I uh made a body horror LORA, and um well it certainly was effective. Even I was grossed out a bit by it. You can get it here https://civitai.com/models/18399/body-horror
Yes... Lovely Feyd...

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Molecular photography deconstructed procgen loss.jpg

Doctor Zero posted:

Wow, that's a great idea!

Wait... I use AI art because I CAN'T draw! :argh:

Make stick figure art and use img2img to tell the AI to make them into storyboards.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

KwegiboHB posted:

Midjourney Img2Txt

nonconformist art brut
Negative prompt: amenable, compliant, docile, law-abiding, lawful, legal, legitimate, obedient, orderly, submissive, tractable
Steps: 32, Sampler: DPM++ 2M Karras, CFG scale: 11, Seed: 520244594, Size: 512x512, Model hash: 99fd5c4b6f, Model: seekArtMEGA_mega20

nonconformist art brutalize lawfully telling your bros they look submissive and tractable

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

deep dish peat moss posted:

TIP has been working with a custom text2animation model ITT, reading their posts may give a better understanding of the kind of effort you're looking at - here's the most recent:

Pure speculation from me but: It'll probably be another year or two (assuming no major roadblocks in AI animation show up) before AI will be able to realistically do a passable version of the kind of animation you're looking for.

A "more realistic" way to do it (right now) would be hand-drawing an outline for each frame and then using SD's capability to use that to guide the shape of the generation to fill it in (I forget the name of that tool, not a SD person myself). That's realistically "small team" work but an enormous amount of work hours for the individuals (sketching and generating each frame individually, stitching them together into an animation)

edit: But also as an incredibly sincere suggestion for small-team low-effort animation, consider how Squigglevision works

The only thing you need for something to 'feel' animated is kinetic movement, even if there's no actual animation. You can easily turn a series of still images into something that feels animated, without actual animation. This type of animation (not Squigglevision specifically, but "mostly still images with kinetic movement") worked well for tons of Adult Swim shows, video games (think Darkest Dungeon), digital versions of comic books, etc. In game development it's generally called "Juice" and you can find plenty of videos/articles about how to add "juice" to your game that could give you some ideas which could be translated to animation. So don't let the accessibility of Animation turn you away from following your creative dreams :3: You could realistically do something with this concept using AI and a little bit of Human elbow grease right now.

There's also Joel Haver's method he's been using for a couple years now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tq_KOmXyVDo

Basically he rotoscopes keyframes of animation on top of live action, and then uses basically style transfer from the software to apply those hand-drawn frames of art onto the subsequent frames of video. It tends to break when there's too much movement, though, but that makes it perfect for lip-syncing. Combining that with SD or MJ keyframes could yield very interesting (and cost-effective) results. That's a potential way to animate small details, if you can find Andy Serkises rather than just VAs.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

deep dish peat moss posted:

Also I haven't drawn much lately because I'm still waiting for a change in medication to even out but here's an example of the kind of thing I've been doing with AI recently:

1) AI-generated concept image:

(This was MJv4)

New Voynich manuscript looking good

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Is this
and these

quote:

something like 'woodcut illustration'?

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Bucnasti posted:

It doesn't understand anything, it associated non-english words with images based on it's training data. Which is why when you feed it prompts in German, it spits out images that look like they're from Germany, because the training data images that were labeled in German were most likely taken in Germany.
English results in more varied output because more of the training data came from English sources.

Also because it's the lingua franca, so it's spoken more widely geographically and in more contexts around the world than German is, generally.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

AARD VARKMAN posted:

im game for hero jobs as a theme

RIP to a real one

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

feedmyleg posted:

I've used a combo of getimg.ai+dreambooth and MidJourney in two video projects over the past week and have been totally blown away with how much time they're able to save me and how much more creativity they're able to unlock. Especially when I can use Photoshop to make a mock-up of what I want, then use getimg.ai's text-to-image to hone it into the style I want in 5 seconds. Making a music video where everything was both custom and convincingly watercolor in a very short amount of time was an absolute breeze.

You could remake the Take Me On music video in a day if you had the source film to rotoscope, couldn't you

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Roman posted:

Making some previs/promo shots for a character. It's rare I get a bunch of stuff this good in one session. Based on Fiona Dourif, with bonus dollar store Elijah Wood at the end.

Wow, she looks exactly like her father.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Brawnfire posted:

My prompt here ended up as "cupped hands full of minestrone no bowl" and it only worked once out of dozens of iterations

Did you remember to bring your chunky noodle soup?

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Brawnfire posted:

If you want a challenge, make a cupped pair of hands holding soup without a bowl

My prompt here ended up as "cupped hands full of minestrone no bowl" and it only worked once out of dozens of iterations

Many hands make light work

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Fuschia tude posted:

Many hands make light work

Fresh from the garden

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Bucnasti posted:

Trying to make some NPC images for Dungeons and Dragons and for some reason, Bing is convinced that dwarf women have big pointy ears, and the more I try to convince it otherwise the bigger it makes them.

The more you reference something in a prompt, the more it emphasizes it. Use negative prompting instead to reduce the prominence of something.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

:same:

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

pixaal posted:

GPT is fine at like an adult swim style for about 3-5 minutes tops then it goes off the rails. I really do think current AI could be curated (this part is important!!) into a viable 2AM sketch show with 5 minute long sketches without more than an improv line read edit. Oh you want the AI to read it too, and decide the emotional tone? Oh boy now you are just being wacky. We might be able to get 15-30 second long consistent sketches. It can do the couch gag equivalent to something else.

How Is It Manifested regularly generates 1-2 minute sketches based on a sentence or two of description, with 100% AI generated static images and voices. It adds a whole lot of extra prompting behind the scenes to enforce genre restrictions or even predefined characters, though.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Gromit posted:

Agreed. I'm not into model trains at all, but I liked some other people's work that had little model houses and plastic people, so wanted to see what AI would do with a whole train set. I'd love to see dioramas of famous historical events, but couldn't think of any in particular that would be fun to see.

Lincoln's assassination

Caesar's assassination

Hannibal crossing the Alps

The Fourth Crusade besieging Constantinople

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Soulhunter posted:

be the change you want to see in the world and make a website with gpt

The mini not-quite-daily themes here have kind of covered the Photoshop Phridays concept, but as for a dedicated site, I'm not aware of one outside of the "Top" queue with hidden voting algos for Midjourney or posting on the usual social media and counting the likes. There's probably a bunch of scattered webui stable diffusion sites with that concept built-in.

I'd be down for a weekly / themed thread on the forums here if there was enough interest.

Nightcafe does something similar, with daily and weekly challenges where the winners get bonus image generation tokens, as well as ranking the top most popular public images of the last hour, last day, last week, and last month.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

same

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

I like how it threw some Dali-style melting tableware in there. Just for the hell of it.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

BoldFace posted:

Marvel made the intro to their new television show using AI.

https://twitter.com/PrimeTimeFilms_/status/1671441123259105280

I get the feeling this sort of thing is soon going to instantly date a work to the mid-2020s, just like really ugly CGI did for the late 90s-early 2000s, or vaporwave to the mid-2010s.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Roman posted:

It's also likely that it was made a while ago with older tech. Progress is measured in months with this stuff.

Weeks, it seems like.

Meanwhile the lead time on TV production seems barely any shorter than film, these days.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Crapple! posted:

Thanks I'll have to give img2img a shot sometime. I definitely get the panning for gold analogy. The one time I got something like that picture of yours was when I generated this from a chaos 100 prompt

And then I used the zoom function

I want to see what happens when you keep zooming out

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Mercury_Storm posted:

Got some high quality bathroom art now ;)

I guess you outpainted the original to get that?

unzin posted:

2 years ago I was playing with CLIP+VQGAN... can't find one working anymore, but I liked the abstractness of it.

https://i.imgur.com/uDWS2Xy.mp4

Coherent and Artistic modes are still available in Nightcafe. The former is just CLIP, the latter is VQGAN+CLIP.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Mercury_Storm posted:

Fraudo Sam the Hobbit on the witness stand in front of a jury playing League of Legends on a gamer laptop in a court room sketch

Out of all the hobbits that could be, that is Sam least of all. :raise:

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

First time using Bing for this.

Vincent Van Gogh using Nair to remove his ear, Nikon photography DSLR, studio cinema production still.

That was taking the prompt a little too literally, so I removed the photography bits:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Debunk This! posted:

I'm sure this is pretty boring to most of the thread regulars but I'm having fun trying to create specific fantasy characters and scenes. Anyways heres some Sabriel.

Here, have a hawk.