Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

I've been playing around in Midjourney with 'muppets' as a keyword. The muppets can make anything kid-friendly, right? Right?

:ohdear:

Muppets at war:

Muppet civilians through the war:

Muppet attacked for protesting the war:

Muppets suffering with the trauma of war:

Schindler's List Elmo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

Women laughing at salads: A story in 12 grids.

Bonus Xenos laughing at salads:

Plus one hybrid:

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

Giant image dump of some of what I've been playing around with for styles / silly ideas

Crapple! posted:

I was messing around with MJ5 last night and for whatever reason I got it into my head to try making images from imaginary power rangers type shows while keeping the look and feel of the original show

Similar theme, different mediums:

Muppets continue to be amazing as a style keyword in Midjourney V5:

birbs:

cinematic birbs:

video games:

"people of walmart" gives some excellent results but the faces are usually all warped to hell:

I can't get enough of the denim jacket guy with no shirt, he's wicked smahtt, according to his hat

Fashion catwalk photos with bizarre styles are great. These are all V4, I need to try some more of these in V5

finally, here is a fantastic cat:

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

Big ol' image dump time from Midjourney.

Chill animals:

Splatter paint animals:

Rad pirate parrot:

Muppets / Art crossover:

Scary Stories:

Moxie-style advert:

Mostly abstract art:

Magritte-like:

Modern marble statue:

forbidden love:

and a kickass turtle:

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

Hadlock posted:

These are especially good

Midjourney does a really good job of copying Magritte style with a 'Son of Man' prompt. I like what it's producing with V5.

I used the /describe function to get this prompt out of the Son of Man painting:
"the idea of man of my thinking, in the style of rene magritte, applecore, figural distortion, green, harry watrous, iconic album covers, wandering eye"

when fed back into the system, that got me this:

then modified a few things to get the guitar / color shift:
"the idea of man of my thinking, in the style of rene magritte, guitarcore, figural distortion, red, harry watrous, iconic album covers, wandering eye"

that brought me to a couple variations that I iterated on from there, but the variation/re-rolls really didn't need much work to get decent results

Anyways, I also managed to get some fashionable LARPing gear out of Midjourney with "a knight wearing a suit of armor, wearing jean shorts over his armor, denim shorts, jorts, cut-off jean shorts". I'm not sure how necessary the repetition is in the prompt, but it's amusing that Midjourney made the logic jump from "knight" to "larper", presumably when it saw "jorts".

Tactical jorts, stained shirt, man-boob plate. It truly has it all.

Soulhunter fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Apr 6, 2023

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

pixaal posted:

crushing it Bing

Bing absolutely nailed it.

I've tried messing around in Stable Diffusion, but my images seem to come out very rough or stylistically all over the place. Takes a ton of iterations to get close to what I'm aiming for. Inpainting seems powerful but similarly requires a painful amount of iterations on parts of the photo piece-by-piece.

For example, it took me no time to get an image of a tank in Stable Diffusion, but ~25+ iterations on inpainting to add the brain to the top and make it actually look like a brain. Quality is still not quite where I'd want it to be, but the idea is conveyed. I've succeeded at creating a Think Tank.

Just out of curiosity I took this back to Midjourney and did a /describe on the SD image then fed the MJ prompts back into the loop:

an old tank with its brain in the desert, in the style of stylized realism, political imagery, interactive, innovating techniques, highly realistic, neurocore, deutscher werkbund

an image of a tank with a brain, in the style of realism with surrealistic elements, desertwave, innovating techniques, 8k, ivanovich pimenov, gary larson, matthias haker

an image of a tank with a brain in it, in the style of realistic landscapes, desertwave, photorealistic renderings, action-packed cartoons, humanistic empathy, stark contrast, precisionism influence

a tanks with the brain on it, in the style of realism with surrealistic elements, realistic and hyper-detailed renderings, desertwave, digitally enhanced, michal lisowski, cartoon realism, 32k uhd

Notably, all of the re-prompts erase the brain element completely when generating images, despite 'brain' being preserved in the prompts themselves.

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

Batman, by:

Magritte

Junji Ito

Stephen Gammell

Genndy Tartakovsky

Annie Leibovitz

The '60s were a different time.

Soulhunter fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Apr 17, 2023

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

AARD VARKMAN posted:

THEME PARKS.

Do you want to ride the log flume?

Maybe some time on a traditional roller coaster.

Stop in for some snacks to refuel

Take a relaxing trip through the tunnel of love on a swan boat

A little time in the bumper cars?

Some time on the merry-go-round

And a little time in the spinning teacups with a quick drink

Finally, strap in for a slingshot ride

Maybe stopping for more snacks wasn't such a great idea between all the spinning rides.

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

Skellymans:

Skelecode

Boney Sanders

Skeletree

SkeliPhone

Skeletal Prestige Drama

Cyberskeleton

Skelelawyer commercials

Skelecars

Skelemuppet?

Skeletarot

Skelecheetos

Skeledoritos

Skelebird

Skelego

Misc. Skeletons

Late Frog Day entries:

Lego Art:

Soulhunter fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Apr 25, 2023

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

clearly the 2000s were our collective goth/emo phase

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

Brawnfire posted:

As the decade wore on, I became gradually more emogoth, then suddenly this:

like an edgy caterpillar

evolving into a trendy hipster butterfly

Another hipsterfly + rainbow caterpillar that came up when I was prompting for those

I've been using Rankin Bass as keywords lately and, like the claymation examples other people have been playing with, Midjourney is sometimes pretty good at replicating the style. It comes through clearer with certain characters more than others, and seems to edge toward Pixar-like styles at times.

Social Butterfly Hipster / Regular Hipster

Superheroes

Van Gogh

Link

Ganondorf

Snaaaaake

Mario

Soulhunter fucked around with this message at 20:07 on May 5, 2023

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

PlaysGamesWrong posted:

the coolest cyber girl art and design, in the style of stylized realism, cyberpunk manga, dark cyan and red, chinapunk, quadratura, colorful realism, 20 megapixels

Via Midjourney's /describe in 5.1:

futuristic girl with headphones, in the style of cyberpunk manga, colorful realism, light emerald and red, 8k resolution, mingei, transportcore, azure

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

Roman posted:

Ok, no more debate, except maybe debating why AI art, which I keep being told is a magic Do Anything You Want button no human can compete with, has problems making me a picture of a girl in a futuristic exosuit in a Vogue photoshoot.

So while the pics are interesting, I would still have to get better at using PS and/or find an artist to actually make the specific thing I wanted.

Start with this prompt:

Zoey Deutch posing for a photoshoot wearing a mechanical high-tech exosuit, tired eyes and mood lighting, lounging on a leather chaise, photographed in a parisian mansion in the evening, full length portraiture --ar 3:2

To get this in a grid:

Using the variation button with remix mode on in Midjourney, change the prompt to:

Zoey Deutch wearing a armored mechanical high-tech exosuit, tired eyes and mood lighting, lounging on a leather chaise, photographed in a parisian mansion in the evening, full length portraiture --ar 3:2

Remix the variation again:

Zoey Deutch wearing a armored mechanical high-tech exosuit with orange elements, tired eyes and mood lighting, lounging on a leather chaise, photographed in a parisian mansion in the evening, full length portraiture --ar 3:2

or
Zoey Deutch wearing a heavily armored mechanical high-tech exosuit with hunter orange accents, tired eyes and mood lighting, lounging on a leather chaise, photographed in a parisian mansion in the evening, full length portraiture --ar 3:2

or
Zoey Deutch wearing bulky and heavily armored mechanical high-tech exosuit, the exosuit is hunter orange and gunmetal grey, tired eyes and mood lighting, lounging on a leather chaise, photographed in a parisian mansion in the evening, full length portraiture --ar 3:2

In short, set up the pose/setting with the first prompt, then use remix to remove keywords that seem to have weighting in the direction you're not really aiming for (in this case, removing "posing for a photoshoot" tones down the fanciness it seems, allowing some flexibility with the suit). These could still be improved upon, but the basis for a better exosuit seems to be there.

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

Roman posted:

This is great, thanks! I'm not great at prompts so I need all the help I can get.

Hope it helps, I've done an absolutely stupid amount of Midjourney generations, but I still feel like a novice skimming the surface most of the time. There's so much to learn, so many styles to utilize, and the tech is just rapidly evolving. Very rewarding though.

PlaysGamesWrong posted:

The only prompt I gave it was "Ron Desantis".. :tinkidel:

NOP!

Who would've known Ron participates in the republican drag entertainers club as a side gig?

DeSantis

McConnell

Cruz

Trump

Graham (Midjourney really did not want to attempt a drag outfit for Graham)

and the best for last, Giuliani

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

pixaal posted:

apparently 5/9 can be read as Go/Ku so it's Goku day

happy pickleo day

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

PlaysGamesWrong posted:

I fed it the plot synopsis of dragon ball super as a prompt and cranked up the chaos. It really seems fixated on the long ears from a couple of characters.

this one is perfect and beautiful

cheese goku

carrot goku (kakarrot)

lady cosplay goku

duckling goku

praying goku

and a Toriyama-style elephant

super saiyan bernie sanders demands more soup

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

Mescal posted:

Thanks. I don't like how some of those look in dark mode, do any of these output pics with transparent backgrounds, instead of blank/black/white? I have access to bing or midjourney or nightcafe.

I really wish there was a way to get Midjourney to take transparency as part of the prompt, but to my knowledge, there is not at the moment.

I've been manually adding transparency / deleting solid backgrounds out of anything I've had t-shirt prints made from, but it's been a few months since I did any of that now. Krita was a pretty useful tool for it.

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

What's on television today?

Lots of 1960s classics:

Alexandra Daddario's Catwoman

Jon Hamm's Batman, or Bathamm

Tina Fey as... Mysterious Woman Who Isn't Wearing a Riddler Outfit Despite the Prompt

Jeff Probst's Fantasy Island

Nick Offerman's Investigative Drama

Gal Gadot in I Love Lucy

John Cleese looks suspiciously at things

and Not Steve Martin introduces you to.. the Spooky Zone

The Tentacled Horror, a Spooky Zone classic

CSI Miami?

Law and Order

Another season of Power Rangers

Breaking Bad

Unsettling Ventriloquist Puppets

Spooky Zone Shrunken Heads

The Bionic Women

All Hail Lamps

Invasion of the Rubber Masks

Mayan Mysteries

I laughed. The group laughed. The monster laughed. The walls laughed. Everyone had a great time.

Ghosts In The Hall

Hotel Spooky Zone

Attack of the Flying Things That Are Ultimately Harmless

Science Guy

Business time selfie and going for a drive

Spooky Zone Dolls

PBS Programming

Janelle Monáe's Star Trek

Soulhunter fucked around with this message at 16:29 on May 10, 2023

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

how about some Far Side

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

None quite hit the mark for Far Side cows.

this one came out a little perry bible fellowship-like in style

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

A sea of goats

Goats in the sea

A sea goat

A goat-sea elemental

Tubs of girls

Various lemon parties

Soulhunter fucked around with this message at 00:41 on May 16, 2023

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

two girls, but they only have one cup to share

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

houses built with load bearing drywall

Roman posted:

It's seriously a goldmine.

50mm cinematic horror, darkcore YuGiOh protagonist, Baltic violence tumblr --ar 16:9 --niji 5

50mm cinematic horror, darkcore adorable cute puppy, Baltic violence tumblr --ar 16:9

Soulhunter fucked around with this message at 04:00 on May 17, 2023

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

Soulhunter posted:

50mm cinematic horror, darkcore adorable cute puppy, Baltic violence tumblr --ar 16:9

:unsmigghh:

Doctor Zero posted:

These kind of pics make me really want to make a fake news article, but I can never bring myself to do it.

I wrote some fake newspaper articles as a satire project last year, pre-Midjourney. This would've been a godsend of a tool instead of trying to find and poorly photoshop stock photos. Give it a shot!

Soulhunter fucked around with this message at 18:01 on May 17, 2023

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

I think the ratio of the image itself impacts the result of the prompt, but 'cinematic' as a keyword seems to override the difference between the lens styles on its own, or it doesn't make much of a difference.

Full album of goats with and without the 'cinematic' keyword and varying lens specifications. Not much variation.

Have I posted the Hiking Chicken Men Adventures yet? I'm posting those instead of a wall of goats that all look the same.

Soulhunter fucked around with this message at 19:56 on May 17, 2023

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

pixaal posted:

mickey mouse
Midjourney must have a lot of Mickey in the training data because he's pretty easy to prompt for, and results are consistent.

mickey dancing on a grave

mickey and minnie having nice friendly dinners with a kid

Kim Jong Un loves mickey

and Mickey loves China
I tried to make a WW2 German Mickey, but it got rejected. CCP Mickey went through, then earned me a temp ban. Lesson learned: don't gently caress with the mouse.

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

weeping angels vibes on #3 in both of these sets, don't blink

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Phone resolutions like 9:20 ar or similar teal/purple stuff would be very cool for my phone bg rotation if anyone wants something to do .... Just saying ...... ;-*

here's 163 of them to browse
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/129CPFQqXKCTVp52Psz2eAKSqf9hKyopW

sample:

Soulhunter fucked around with this message at 20:57 on May 19, 2023

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

Sedgr posted:

Desantis Meatballs are unpleasant.

Midjourney isn't very consistent with its DeSantis balls.

I'm pretty sure this is actually Aaron Rodgers.

Looks familiar but can't quite put a finger on the actor / person.

...Matthew McConaughey with a moustache?

For some reason, the Meatball DeSantis prompt also gave me a red frogskin thing like your last photo.

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

Mescal posted:

Where can I go to see AI Photoshop Phridays and challenges, like "create image with x and y, winner gets a thumbs up?" the subreddits were people post their AI art seem anemic and unfocused.

be the change you want to see in the world and make a website with gpt

The mini not-quite-daily themes here have kind of covered the Photoshop Phridays concept, but as for a dedicated site, I'm not aware of one outside of the "Top" queue with hidden voting algos for Midjourney or posting on the usual social media and counting the likes. There's probably a bunch of scattered webui stable diffusion sites with that concept built-in.

I'd be down for a weekly / themed thread on the forums here if there was enough interest.

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

all hail denimthulhu

and disapproving dad in cargo jortsthulhu

Mescal posted:

Does anybody have an idea for placing characters in realistic (or at least in color) ancient Roman scenes? This is the first setting I've seen that it just completely chokes on. I'm using Bing.

Not much luck with Bing.
wearing athletic gear, ancient romans, in the year 100AD Rome, Mount Vesuvius erupts in the background

Better luck with Midjourney.

ancient roman cubicles in an office building

roman fashion

roman optimus prime

hipster using a laptop in a coffee shop in ancient rome

emperor wearing a VR helmet in the colosseum

e-sports in the colosseum

Soulhunter fucked around with this message at 01:19 on May 24, 2023

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

Harlequin babies

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

TIP posted:

my guess was John Wayne Gacy baby photos

Not a bad guess, this is Baby Gacy:

Baby Hannibal

Baby Dolarhyde

Baby Clarice

Bond, Baby Bond

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

Roman posted:

50mm cinematic horror, darkcore batman, Baltic violence tumblr --ar 16:9 (also [joker])

That prompt also gives me some crazy disturbing non-Batman images. I'm using those for some other stuff.

Revisiting this prompt and man, you aren't kidding. I might put together an album and link it, these are tame compared to the level of gore that prompt can put out.

Willy Wonka and the Burger Factory

Palette cleanser: Bruce Campbell

Soulhunter fucked around with this message at 19:21 on May 25, 2023

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

the absolute giant monster peeping up from the waves in the first one, the expression in the second, and giant clamboi are all so, so good

All of these are really stylish and cool. I'm curious what your prompt was on the woman in red in the cityscape.

Little bit of Metropolis

Supposed to be Rorschach but came out as Murder Man

Ghost Rider

Strangely identical creepy murder rabbits - when I click on the middle image in a browser for Midjourney, the thumbnail shows the middle one, but pops up as Rabbit Murder Chef.

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

Sedgr posted:

That one was: Sin City comic book illustration, a woman in a red dress and white hair escaping down the city street Steps: 25, Sampler: DPM++ SDE Karras, Model: realisticVisionV20_v20

cheers, sin city seems obvious after the fact, now

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

Pareidolia
par·​ei·​do·​lia ˌper-ˌī-ˈdō-lē-ə -ˈdōl-yə
: the tendency to perceive a specific, often meaningful image in a random or ambiguous visual pattern

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

Vlaphor posted:

Wasn't there a Stephen King short story about this dude?

What dude? I just see a perfectly normal car on the side of the road.

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

Sumerian Telecom posted:

Is AI art good now? Has it gotten good yet? I haven't checked in a while but am very curious - what do you think?

if a generated image of blurry 2am dashcam footage of a methed-out Gary Busey about to get hit by a car doesn't convince you, I don't know what will.

edit: also this ape

Soulhunter fucked around with this message at 03:54 on May 31, 2023

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

giraffe on steroids

djinn / genie giraffes

imagine four balls on the edge of a cliff... AI works the same way

Soulhunter fucked around with this message at 19:01 on May 31, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

Looks a little like there's some Krysten Ritter DNA in the mix there too, to me.

e: Prompting for Krysten Ritter weaves in some Kate Micucci and Zooey Deschanel. We're approaching manic pixie dream girl critical mass.

Krysten Ritter, hair in the style of bangs, red shirt

Soulhunter fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Jun 1, 2023