Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The Twitter stuff could get him in the EU at least, I'd have thought?

Director liability for the eu stuff probably wouldn't touch him, just ruin twitter financially if he pushes on like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Sophy Wackles posted:

Elon has highly paid outside advisors, twitter executives, investors, bankers, lawyers, people from his other companies, etc who most definitely do not want him to keep tweeting. I imagine them all having panic attacks throughout the day every time he tweets.

Good thing panic attacks are really effective in stopping someone else from doing something

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Just when Jeffrey needed a new way to get users, Elon throws it in his lap

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

https://mastodon.social/@JxckS/109536576764917403

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

ymgve posted:

I hope Europe waking up now means "Retire, bitch" will continue winning

I'm confused. I want elon to gently caress off forever, but I also want to see him take twitter with him into the abyss

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Pretending there is anyone left at Twitter HQ except bored security guards

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

He would still be a better ceo tho

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Halisnacks posted:

Outside of Elon, who is part of the leadership at Twitter right now? Presumably the company has a C-suite or top-level management team that reports directly to Musk; do we know anything about these people?

Search your soul, of course there’s no one

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Did he even stop tweeting on the way there?

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

c'mon man

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Wooo

Where those margin calls at

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Incorrect.

The most common phrase is "That's interesting", which does directly translate into "What the gently caress", but can be uttered in earshot of management.

Interesting

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

I personally think this is art

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

ilmucche posted:

Am I not allowed to call Jacob Rees Mogg a oval office on the internet anymore??

I mean that’s just stating facts

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

"Rees Mogg" sounds like a late medieval term for an obscure and unidentified venereal disease. Or maybe an intestinal condition that only sailors got.

That’s a strangely accurate description of the time period he thinks he lives in

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

E the Shaggy posted:

Dude's going to be releasing "TWITTER FILEEZZZ" until the day he dies at this point:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1607416119496945665?s=20&t=QD8vhRLtDtP97Iodf5A2OA

Elon once again forgets there is much more beyond the US

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

learnincurve posted:

$109 is Tesla’s true value, if it dips below that then this is when the bomb is going off for the long term high volume investors who matter not these piss and vinegar “I got my pension in this to own the libs” small fry.

How is $109 Tesla's true value? That still seems hyperinflated

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

c'mon break through!

e: eheheheheh

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Yes!

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

I'm not sure if I could hold my pee laughing if $TSLA opens at sub-100 today

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Elon can read to his kid and learn something too!

I don’t believe Elon can read

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

His mom, Siri, grimes. It’s not unlikely

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

shouldn't have driven the tesla near a cliff

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

100% Halli’s got him on mute and doesn’t even see his posts

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

You'd figure a journalist would have a more accurate way of saying how he's paid for his work

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

How big is Twitter - or rather was, before Musk happened - outside the Anglosphere anyways?

my perception is that it was very tiny except for my field of work where there was a real community (infosec in NL). They’ve mostly moved off to mastodon but I cba to get on that for real.

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

He’s definitely bought more than 3

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

necroid posted:

I think you're confusing valve's gabe newell with minecraft's notch

unless it was a joke? :thejoke:

Show me two differences between Half Life and Minecraft. :colbert:

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

zedprime posted:

Wow that's gonna cost scrapers 15s of minutes as they script user registration in.

DAU is through the roof!

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

LimaBiker posted:

Meta will probably try and lobby the EU to relax the rules, or threaten to remove their offices (read: jobs) from EU countries.

Either that, or eventually give in to the EU regulations and make do with a bit less spying on people.

lol

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Zwabu posted:

Since Elon is technically not the CEO and just an owner, is there any way a board could even run him off even though it is clearly him that is aggressively running the company into the dirt?

What board

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

A Strange Aeon posted:

That memo claims usage is at an all time high, could that possibly be true?

I need to keep my twitter tab open for the blue blocker plugin to do its work

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

YF-23 posted:

That's why I'm asking, I don't know what the economics of renting out to a tech company like Twitter is - assuming that rent is being paid again anyway. But surely at some point the peace of mind of having more normal tenants must outweigh the loss of renting out more cheaply.

assuming the building doesn't need to be completely redone after the havoc elon is causing inside

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

quote it if you took it

bsky-social-qihjf-lwemz

e: It's been yoinked

geonetix fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Aug 30, 2023

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Autechresaint posted:

I know right? The first two names are exactly what I’d expect to see on their later albums.

I call all my kids Gantz Graf.

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

"Twitter does everything within their power to stop anti-semitism"

Except banning extremely anti-semite accounts

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Unless you have visited or lived in New York, Florida, Hollywood, or Israel there is a really good chance you've literally never met a jew.

From a few pages back but holy poo poo is this one of the dumbest things I’ve seen written in my life and yes my monitor is on.

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Non Compos Mentis posted:

how are they going to open source their chatgpt subscription?

Discovery in the OpenAI case

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Thorgot posted:

Note: I do not work at X: The Everything Homeless Panic App, but I used to eat regularly at the great unaffiliated food court in that building's basement.

Speaking of, are X, the everything squatters, paying their rent now or what’s up with that