Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
https://twitter.com/BNONews/status/1518663754061434881?s=20&t=tvK8bFn6nNaiecxGPnS4rg
https://twitter.com/WSJ/status/1518665312182411271?s=20&t=7SkUEPwU3bPMWG3ujGezFQ

Pre-emptive welcome back to any ancient SA goons this returns to us :haibrower:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

You Are A Elf posted:

$44 billion in cash. Think of all the good that could have been used on fighting homelessness and poverty, funding schools and hospitals, providing food for the masses, and making the world a better place in general.

But no. Some rich dumb rear end in a top hat uses it to buy a social media platform because his fee fees got hurt. Eat the rich.

Someone else can probably explain in depth but I think it's barely any cash and largely based on leveraging Tesla stock(?)

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Flowers for QAnon posted:

It’s most likely Funded by an SBL. Think HELOC but for your securities equity instead of your home.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...... yeah

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
idea: make people bid on their own usernames

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

KitConstantine posted:

So who's coming back first Alex Jones or Trump?

Laura Loomer

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Poohs Packin posted:

This thread is getting wayy to close to touching the poop and being actual twitter drama.

Musk is a twat who hasn't invented anything but Twitter has always been controlled by capital interest and will continue to be controlled by capital interest.

There's probably a bigger conversation here about how speech is being regulated by private entities but access to a popular platform isn't really the same thing as free speech.

great thanks

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

nexous posted:

I didn’t even know twitter had ads because I only ever see twitter through embeds

Oh no I fear elon just got an idea

I've kinda been expecting a sudden change in how embeds work, like requiring a click through to see them or something. Who knows if he's even aware of the tweet embedding API though

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

what the gently caress does rj mean?

robo jackoff

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

I can’t believe the fact check was actually necessary

lol

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

hot drat that led me to this

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
lol the paid for checkmarks aren't blue anymore (at least in light mode)

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Bad Purchase posted:

i think we need a separate best-of thread to just collect and catalogue screenshots of all these verified companies posting hard truths about their brands

they will be important history someday

you mean like this?

https://twitter.com/rafaelshimunov/status/1591133819918114816?s=20&t=YpzIb1qcF_3AZN-vi1SU8Q

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

No I think we should trust the recruiter whose actively hostile to the idea of recruiting

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Mathemortician posted:

Welp, this whole thing just stopped being funny.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/149589104168939520?t=RLRUaZippoZW15AhwaYdxw&s=19

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

kazil posted:

tell me you know nothing about trump without saying you know nothing about trump

Lol

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
what do you think Elon Musk's thoughts are on the McDonald's Filet-o-Fish® Sandwich

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Elon should work for Regal Cinema with that talent in projecting.

i think he should work in a sewer

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

that's how running a website works

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

nexous posted:

That’s based on a study where they gave rats huge quantities of aspartame and they developed lesions in their brains

I'll still keep drinking that garbage

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Earwicker posted:

is there any other billionaire/ceo type who is given time as a performer/comedian/etc even though they have no talent or even interest in the art at all? like musk was also invited to host snl for some reason. i dont see the koch brothers or warren buffet or bezos doing that kind of poo poo, at least not in so public a way. like supposedly paul allen from microsoft was actually a great guitarist but i dont remember him trying to join metallica on stage or whatever

musk desperately wishes he was liked the way performers are liked, i bet he pushes for that poo poo himself

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

goatface posted:

Twitter limits people to short sharp statements and so is the easiest source of concise vox pop opinions to throw into your "article".

soon to be a nice short 4000 characters

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Shroud posted:

A lack of landing strips never stopped any other visitors.

wow lol

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Preoptopus posted:

Wait wait wait wait. Can we back up for a second? Did the kid behind elonjoet actually post whereabouts of his kids car and was his kid even on the jet? What do the two have to do with eachother.

absolutely nothing LOL!

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
https://twitter.com/RoollsBonDesign/status/1603861456776224780?t=xLnvzEEA9benZurbDH_UKQ&s=19

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Steadiman posted:

https://twitter.com/TaylorLorenz/status/1604661892840009729
Little callback lol: The crazed antifa assassin, that meticulously extrapolated the car's exact position from where Elon's plane landed a day earlier, was actually a Grimes stalker. To everyone's complete surprise it had zero to do with @ElonJet

Lol

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
drat it sucks to be a high profile woman lol, all this poo poo musk is doing and it turns out it's actually her being stalked by the classic "she's sending me cryptic messages" style of stalker

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

BigglesSWE posted:

Oh poo poo I just figured out his inevitable “out”.

“I got hacked!”

*insert Navy CIS hack scene here*

I'm gonna go with "a liberal botnet did it"

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
elon was sent to the Past while in flight and he's currently tearing up sheets of paper at an empty airport

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

https://twitter.com/GaryBowersox/status/1604873379298828288?t=9067aSUi-nSQmhwXY4OD1w&s=19

lol

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

ProfessorMarvel posted:

If this is a Langoliers reference he's DEFINITELY the guy who went crazy about hallucinating being late to a meeting and his dad hating him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjmJ5VkYG1g

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

i'm so used to trump that elon calling something he did a mistake is throwing me for a loop. i just assumed he was incapable of it

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Piss Creep posted:

Europe as a whole couldn't sue Musk into poverty
interesting watching Greg get drunker and drunker over the course of a few hours in the morning

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

learnincurve posted:

All of Musk's assets are tied up in company shares, he's an absolute genuine miser and hasn't got cash savings or houses so it's actually possible for him to go real bankrupt not fake rich people bankrupt.

There is this insane story where he pretended he was poor when he first came to the US by living on a dollar a day (ignoring the fact that mummy was paying for his accommodation and actual living costs) and how he was eating bananas to survive when it's was just cosplay and a probable mental illness.

I had a fresh college grad coworker show me his apartment a year after he moved and he was using cardboard boxes for most of his furniture. dudes dad was a EVP at some fortune 500 and my coworker spent half his day at work watching stocks (he had like $100k invested before starting work somehow :thunk:)

people with money brain disease loving scare me

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Lmfao

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
how about a super-promoted tweet which locks the user in to viewing it when scrolled past or clicked on

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Polio Vax Scene posted:

im sure keeping track of the # of times every tweet is viewed isn't going to cause any fires on the backend, no sir

i think you can already see your own tweets views (?)

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

ruddiger posted:

All of Elon’s tweets are pushed to the beginning of my feed and I’m not following him, is he force viewing his tweets on everyone?

I have him full on blocked and still get them suggested to me lol

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
debate me, Federal Bureau of Investigation

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

CBD Corndog posted:

Oh, I know what will fix the freefalling stock price

https://twitter.com/TechCrunch/status/1606325491069222914

More useless junk in the merch store

doesn't even look like it can fit 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
it takes a great engineer to reply to every random suggestion about your 40 billion dollar website with agreement