Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1591327015810269185?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Years ago, I worked at Wal-Mart. There was a TV on an AV cart in a backroom that was meant to show training videos. There was a coax cable that dropped from the ceiling that carried the signal from the satellite system. This connection needed to be adapted to composite for reasons that I don't remember. I got tasked to make this work, so I went to the Goodwill down the street and bought a VCR with company funds to act as an intermediary to adapt the connection.

One of the dumbass managers saw the VCR and was like, "wtf is this doing here?" and disconnected it for no reason other than they didn't know what it did.

Same energy.

Edmund Sparkler fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Nov 14, 2022

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

I've been through lots of drug/alcohol therapy and I can safely say that Elon Musk would be an immediate pariah and would never make it in that situation.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

*Me, dropping trou and making GBS threads in the middle of a busy grocery store while everyone stares*

"I'm getting incredible engagement here!"

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

That DICK! posted:

is this the one where dilbert fucks?

No, he still has the boner tie.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

That's the :fork: right there, lol.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Even from working lovely retail jobs, I learned that someone coming in as an outside hire to a manager or even supervisor position is usually going to be a disaster. Usually, the problem was arrogance and entitlement that they want to mold things to their ideal while making zero effort to learn the company culture, procedures, or internal politics.

This is on a far grander scale but that seems to actually intensify the effect. Elon bought the whole company for 44 billion and made seemingly no effort to learn how or why anything works. Truly intelligent people ask a lot of questions, listen, and have the ability to filter that information. Giving your employees ultimatums, publicly poo poo posting, making GBS threads on your employees, and demanding that they justify their jobs based on arbitrary metrics is a great way to tank the company fast and I'm actually impressed at how fast he's been able to do that.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Zeluth posted:

DPPH unless it is tittie Tuesday.

I'm kind of lolling that Twitter seems to not be enforcing copyright protection right now. Musk is at the WDMA/HPJ part of his Lowtax speedrun right now.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

PhazonLink posted:

a ton of people are stupid as gently caress with their own personal banking and finances and dont know how to not rack up or cancel auto renewing monthly expenses.

hell there's a fin tech app where you give it access to your other banking and fin tech apps and then it will analyze your monthly expenses and tell you which ones to cancel.

I howled my balls off the first time I saw that. Like how basic are you that you sign up for so much poo poo that you can't keep track of it all?

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Platystemon posted:

Could someone who does interesting drugs speculate about what Musk is on?

Thanks in advance.

He's probably doing the wrong drugs and not the right ones, tbqh.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Beartaco posted:

Man can we please NSFW that rank rear end Elon Musk tweet?

You're gonna have to be way more specific.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Apparently I had a Twitter account from over 10 years ago that I never used. I must have made it when I was blackout drunk. I only noticed because I searched my email and found out that it was hacked like 5 years ago.

Anyway, I took it back just to tell LibsOfTikTok to gently caress off.

I'm just going to burn it by shouting into the void at the worst people in the world, I guess.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

TheMostFrench posted:

I'll never understand the appeal of vehicles that can have software failures for basic things like 'the headlights'. Any other car you could just keep a spare and change it yourself, but for this modern piece of genius, you need to wait for the company to release an update and potentially break something else, like its ability to recognise certain ethnicities of people at pedestrian crossings.

Olds complaining about how "cars these days have too many computers" was precious when they just had engine control units and poo poo. I'll admit it gets pretty dumb when you have to worry about making sure your car can get Wi-Fi updates for mundane poo poo like making sure your lights work properly.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

kazil posted:

There aren't any layoffs planned because he does then unplanned. Surprise layoffs

Each one more surprising than the last.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I once saw a car that says I M 4 U 2 6 9

Did you 69 that car or what?

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Jailbreaking a PS3 is still a huge pain in the rear end. Maybe he should use his brain genius to fix that first. :smugdog:

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Cyrano4747 posted:

It’ll just be a cheap Chinese market phone running a mildly customized fork of android, same as all those “freedom phones” that were sold (mostly to the maga crowd) a few years ago.

It'll be super janky too; like it'll have you download an .apk from Twitter.com to install Twitter, lol.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

The last lovely retail job I worked, some idiot coworker of mine was a zoomer broke brain redditor who cared way too much about furries.

No matter how much I tried to convince him that no one cares about furries anymore and that SA had pretty much been there and done that, he just had this huge hate boner for furries for no good reason.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Jelly posted:

This man's face is amazing. I can't stop looking at it. It's like John Cena blown up and cropped.

It is not Forgatio Blow, no.

Doll fucker's name is even dumber than that. It's Forgiato Blow, lol.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

CaptainSarcastic posted:

LOL, people should start throwing Hail Satans at him.

That's how it begins.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9yruQM1ggc

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

What happens when you run a skeleton mod crew, based on shoddy credentials?

It's never happened before. I guess we're about to find out!

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Elon Musk gonna complain to the government that if you dont get Neurolink and allow it to flood your brain with Twitter posts, you're violating free speech.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

goatface posted:

Maybe they're hoping to use monkey brains to do image analysis in Teslas.

The infinite monkey theorem except instead of Shakespeare, this is the result:

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Frank Frank posted:

Musk has finally found a way to save Tesla's stock price

That was the darkest Robot Chicken sketch.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Love to see ultra rich people posting like angsty teenagers on a 90s internet forum. Truly, these are our betters.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

I thought Leon's metric was that you can say whatever you want as long as it's not illegal? Kanye is suspended for inciting violence but Trump's account was reinstated? :thunk:

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Crymetimeboys posted:

I'm not owned, I'm not owned, I say as I shrink and turn into a corncob with victory wine in my mouth.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1598546057138524160?cxt=HHwWgMC-zezKlq8sAAAA

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

RapturesoftheDeep posted:

I guess this is as good of a place as any to ask but Kanye West isn't one of the guys from Outkast, is he? I am not a big hip hop guy but I really liked that song "Bombs Over Baghdad" back in the day even though I guess it was kind of uh problematic because of the whole war thing and it would suck if that guy turned out to be racist, don't think it is but I'm not 100%j. OK back to trying to figure out what an instance is supposed to be

Lol

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Kanye 3000

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

kazil posted:

can't wait to hear the defense for pol pot

"A Cambodian dictator can't celebrate Halloween too? Racist."

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

George Hotz doing the equivalent of posting "FB friends, tell what's the best wireless provider and why? And go!", except he's arrogantly posing as the savior of a clapped out social media company and he's in way over his head.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Data Graham posted:

Yes I too want all my web searches to be published openly as tweets so they are forever in my history and people can reply to them.

So basically like the AOL search log leaks except that things like, "do n-words have x-ray vision?" will be public by default?

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Non Compos Mentis posted:

Elon seems like the kind of guy that would believe he would have morgellons

Odds on him going full Howard Hughes?

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

sugar free jazz posted:

maybe put a little respect on the genius' name ok, he hacked a playstation, maybe shut the gently caress up if you didn't hack a playstation, ok????

He did a terrible job because modding a PS3 is still the jankiest poo poo even like 10+ years later.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

bird with big dick posted:

Those really work

Just like shaving the edge of your CDs and demagnetizing them. Audiophiles are real geniuses.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vpqffgak7To

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

thathonkey posted:

azealia banks is basically an agent of chaos. extremely right in some cases, quite the opposite is numerous others

Am I remembering right that Elon wanted a threesome with Grimes and Iggy Azalea but there was a miscommunication and when Azalea Banks showed up, he acted super pissy and ignored her?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

This Elon Musk guy kinda sucks!