Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Guze posted:

Buying twitter at a meme price was a bad choice imo

5 420s ha ha!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

https://twitter.com/dril/status/460673146451161088?lang=en

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

crime weed posted:

they encoded the employee IDs in the whitespace

Isn't this useless if they print to PDF as image then? Or screenshot the email?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

I saw these live when they were up, they are down now. Only the tweet remains no warning.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

a week at the end of the stock week (a few hours)

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Trixie Hardcore posted:

I think I could have destroyed Twitter in 3 days.

redirect to hello dot jay peg

only had to change a single DNS entry 30 seconds

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

hemale in pain posted:

someone said this a few days ago but chuds don't actually want a platform to talk to chuds. they want a platform to 'piss off the libs' and if elon scares off all the sane people then why would the racist loons use twitter?

Elon just needs to make liberal bots for them to make fun of. "Haha stupid "smarter child" doesn't even know who the president is! Still thinks it's Bill Clinton!"

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

I’m so sad Elon took Twitter private because the best barometer for how much he’s sucking is not available to us just vibes

$TSLA is still up, and $ARKK is very heavy TSLA and private twitter shares - yes twitter still has multiple owners. I don't know what percent of Twitter this fund owns but of their publicly traded stocks 10% is in Tesla it's their top ticker.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Hey check out this billionaire he'll give you $1 if you like his tweet and he tweets like 50 times a day! That's $50/day!

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Dapper_Swindler posted:

he won't get it though. same with trump, sure he also has chuds who will lick every fleck of poo poo off of musks rear end but musk doesnt get a THRILL from them, he wants everyone to treat him like they did 10 years ago, like irl tony stark. instead he is a joke to tons of folks and only conditionally liked by chuds.

The day most people stopped seeing him as cool was the day he played Wario on SNL. It was fun to watch in real time as the overall view shifted. He's starting to become Wario to be honest.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

happyhippy posted:

Am surprised a Russian/Chinese/NKorean bot farm isn't spamming twitter with qanon conspiracies right now.

I think they are waiting for election night for this.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

By popular demand posted:

And try the Konami code to instantly poo poo your pants!

Real men don't use cheats!

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

I'm waiting for the performance issues and slow collapse since they don't have anyone maintaining this poo poo anymore. I think Elon is going to want to run Twitter longer than it will actually run and he wont be able to get it up and running for weeks and everyone will be like Twitter? when it's back up.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

mobby_6kl posted:

So it's clear only complete idiots will pay Musk $8 for a checkmark.

This raises the question though, how many chuds will throw money at this to own the libs? Enough to sustain twitter with half employees and no ad revenue?

I think a lot of people are going to for a week or two on jokes. "Attention all students school is closed today due to a boiler leak"

$8 for a day home is pretty sweet until they figure out who it was but teenagers don't think that far.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Steadiman posted:

The fact that he's not being laughed off the stage by all these rich investors, for this hilariously flawed logic, says a lot about how smart rich people really are.

Well they can always short it why tip your hat to the other investors that aren't as tech savy? Wait this is private isn't it. I don't know they should just turn around and leave heard enough.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

goatface posted:

Testing. On. Live.

I don't always deploy code but when I do, I do so in production

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Buce posted:

I know it’s been said, but every single twaet that mentions elong is just flooded with sycophants tripping over each other to suck musks little pecker. It’s tremendously pathetic.

It reminds me of when Lowtax would come to the forums and any thread he posted in would become derailed into sucking him off

E: woah I need caffeine page 139 and 149 are different, I thought I was on the last page.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

It's just absolutely loving amazing that nobody stopped to consider who was actually needed before just arbitrarily firing 50% of the workforce. Like it doesn't feel real that anyone would be that loving stupid.

Going to bring in my guys.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Strong Sauce posted:

You are the only DevOps engineer who has ever deployed the Blue Checkmark Pipeline, consequently you are also the only person from your team who knows the URL to the Jenkins server and knows which jobs need to be executed on the Jenkins server because people randomly just copied older jobs and left them on there because "it's not like half of us are going to get fired overnight so someone will always know which ones are the unused jobs"

Keep in mind there is a small % likelihood that someone who's still there realizes that there's another fired employee who handled the IT that setup the URL for the Jenkins servers and an intern you taught a couple times which jobs to run to get the Blue Checkmark Pipeline executed. The intern left for another team so they don't remember the URL but if they type in "jenkins" into their URL bar it will autocomplete. So there is an element of risk that you will get undercut.

How much money do you ask for to go back and fix this issue?

It's Elon, 69,000,000

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Snowmankilla posted:

All gone. What were these?

here's one of them from a discord. I compared the URL post ID numbers was posted when it was live and I saw this post in the thread.

seriously why would you take a picture of the screen instead of screenshot if your screen is this disgusting.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

davecrazy posted:

Who's filthy laptop monitor was that?

Elon Musk's

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

TulliusCicero posted:

The chuds hate Musk, they think he is a distraction from the One True Trump and never does enough

The real out there ones think he's going to microchip them because he is Satan or something, it's loving wierd

Well if blue check marks are the mark of the beast 5 more need to come out to make 6, 6, 6 the number of the beast.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

dr_rat posted:

Haven't checked the news in a couple of minutes So have Musk and Zuckerburg fought to the death yet for the title of worlds stupidest billionaire?

Or is that like going to be a 2023 thing?,

Late 2023 but will also include Alex Jones who they both paid 1billion to have a friend by paying off his debt and now is sitting pretty with 500m of each of their money making him the third billionaire stooge. (In this scenario the parents have clearly been paid from the other billion)

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Flowers for QAnon posted:

Elon got me to self own. In all my glee I bought some December Tesla puts last week, but what I actually did was sell some naked puts. Boom, roasted.

Your margin can't be happy.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Klyith posted:

And the "people were prevented from buying" thing was mostly just on robinhood, because robinhood is a lovely operation that is basically scamming their users. But also, because if everyone wants to buy and nobody is selling, they can't let you press the buy button. Expecting the stock market to work like a video game is the problem, but again, robinhood is a scam.

What actually happened with Robin Hood is accounts are on margin (credit) by default. The actual transactions take a few days to clear but until they do you (and the broker, in this case RH) own the shares on credit. RobinHood ran out of credit and instead of explain that they panicked and restricted the stock being over traded.

If they had run out of credit... I'm not sure the legal obligation there but probably something not good.

If most people has cash accounts they wouldn't have been able to quickly buy sell buy sell with the same money until the transactions all cleared.

Everything else sounds right and this is a piece that didn't come out until later as they weren't thrilled about saying we almost maxed our credit.

pixaal fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Nov 8, 2022

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Philthy posted:

news was saying he hosed up so bad with advertisers that he has to start selling tesla stock to keep twitter going and to pay his rent

Elon has rent?!

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

davecrazy posted:

Delete your loving Twitter accounts.

But then I can't read comments and that's all I've ever done with it beside follow a few goons over the years.

I want to read the stupid comments on stupid posts the multi-week meltdown is funny.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Hobo Clown posted:

You can still read comments without an account though?

As of a few months ago you can only read the first 5-6 and if you want to read a comment to a comment you get hit with a login screen too. The entire reason I dug up my twitter and reset the password was because of this.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Hardcastlemccormik posted:

I’m running like 3 ad blockers so Twitter’s feeble pop ups never show up.

Now if they put the whole site behind an account or subscription I suspect we would need more than an ad blocker or 3…

I find twitter embeds break when you block ads and poo poo and I don't care enough I want embeds working more. I'm not troubleshooting that poo poo every time it breaks it's weekly. Twitter sucks at everything. Oh no I log into an account and get embeds working on the forums and discord. Price: being tracked by twitter.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Captain Beans posted:

What the gently caress twitter has pop up adds? Who the hell does pop up ads anymore it’s like the fastest way to get people to gently caress off away from your site

it's not an ad it's a popup nag "To keep reading sign up for an account!" and it's in a model not a new window.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

By popular demand posted:

They couldn't have ridiculed BlueTick Man yet, TV doesn't move this fast.
:confused:

South park used to, they used to do the full episode in a week. Rick and Morty though is glacial.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

feelix posted:

He should hang out with Notch

I made this joke last week to someone and then found out how similar Notch's trajectory since Microsoft bought Minecraft. Notch is full Qanon. They probably would enjoy hanging out.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

crime weed posted:

new verification system has launched!!!

:lol:

ElonMusk Tesla and SpaceX don't have it. He really does not understand why it is important.

Bill Gates does.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

goatface posted:

I think they're handpicking accounts that "need" to have an official marker. So news sources, govt., public bodies etc.

Why did they forget all of Elon's own though

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

crime weed posted:

they took away my ability to buy twitter blue lmao

it says only on iOS. Is that from an iPhone?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

A Frosty Witch posted:

It's not actually editing. You can undo posting a tweet for like a few minutes is literally all it is. You can't edit something that was already posted. It's exactly how it operates now when you delete a tweet except it just copies the body of the tweet into a new message for you. This was pre-Musk and was dumb as poo poo then, too.

So ninja editing only basically?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Guze posted:

This dope can't decide if $8 is super cheap and what people would spend on a latte or too expensive to lose making troll accounts

He doesn't value jokes he thinks everyone will think it's lame. Cool Pepsi can have an intern make fake coke accounts and poo poo post on them for $8 a post? worth it.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

big black turnout posted:

So... if they want to drop this feature they'll either have to wait until the end of a month or issue refunds right?

Or remove that part of Twitter blue and have it just make your name blue or something. Which of course will get people upset since they just wanted the blue checkmark and start a class action lawsuit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Bill Hwang lost 20billion on stocks last year. In 2 weeks.

I think this is the line Elon has to beat to be biggest loser ever (in dollars)