Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

godogg
Dec 29, 2008

Jedit posted:

Specifically they buff cards you haven't played yet. Shuri is only datamined, but she currently has the ability of her lab - she doubles the power of the next card you play.

Beyond that there aren't any themes yet that extend beyond two cards/locations.

There's a theme across a few Inhumans that have On Reveal abilities if you play them in the center location (Medusa, Crystal, Quake), but then other Inhumans (Black Bolt, Maximus, Lockjaw) don't.

I am a huge fan of Doom being a big version of Squirrel Girl, considering their history

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

godogg
Dec 29, 2008

PJOmega posted:

It's this. No Wong/Kamar Taj fun.

In addition, Mystique into Absorbing Man does not work. She no longer has an On Reveal.

godogg
Dec 29, 2008
Fellas, I have lurked this thread long enough. I have just made Infinite for the first time, relying largely on Shuri-Skull-Taskmaster. Next up: get my grubby mitts on another 1200 Tokens so I can finally Thanos

godogg
Dec 29, 2008
A magnificent Dan Hipp Killmonger

godogg
Dec 29, 2008
My wife just picked up Deathsquawk from the shop and then opened Snowguard from a reserve. I needed a place to vent about how jealous I am. Very jealous

godogg
Dec 29, 2008

Sandman Leader got me from 95-Infinite this afternoon. The pair of them are just filthy together. Sunspot is the flex spot, Scorpion also works, and I originally had Hobgoblin instead of Kang, but Kang feels pretty crucial for dodging big losses and is hilarious when pulled by Doc Ock. I'm honestly a little underwhelmed by Dino's performance, but I really want a big power 5-drop to Zola, so maybe Red Skull? Or Hobgoblin, because every deck needs more Galactus tech.

I've never played a deck this greedy before but I love how many avenues open up when you're playing Electro-Sandman-6-6

godogg
Dec 29, 2008

hanyolo posted:

I must be lucky then, I'm only 2700 and I bought thanos and kang and have pulled galactus and a kang skin

Brother I'm at 5300 and both of my S5s cost me tokens.

godogg
Dec 29, 2008

Doobie Keebler posted:

I also like playing move and bounce decks but they're too inconsistent for me to climb with.

We are one and the same, good buddy. I toss Beast into decks where he doesn't really belong just for that occasional bounce rush. If they add the "can't reduce cost below 1" tag to him I will weep

godogg
Dec 29, 2008

dangerburrd posted:

I played him as a 4/1 and imo the 5/5 was a nerf

Agreed. The nerf killed my Sandman-Ronan curve. Of course, that was before I opened Electro

godogg
Dec 29, 2008
First game of the new season and I, a Strong Guy Enjoyer, took 2 cubes from a Nebula player. I declare that she sucks and will never be good

godogg
Dec 29, 2008

Youremother posted:

Wait a second, does this season's battlepass track also not have a free variant?

It does not. Shameful. Lotta poor souls gonna be finding pixel variants in their inboxes this season

godogg
Dec 29, 2008

So I was initially very confused how Jubilee could pull America but now I figure Thor shuffled her off the bottom of the deck. Does she still have her "if she's on top of your deck just skip her and draw the next card until T6" functionality? Because if not shuffles ruin her.

godogg
Dec 29, 2008

By all accounts I should have lost this, but when all those Rocks popped up turn one and here I had Patriot and Mystique in-hand, I just had to go for it. Follow your dreams

I'm having enormous fun with this Patriot but also Kazar and Shanna deck

godogg
Dec 29, 2008

I'm telling you, gang, put Quake into any deck that has Storm. Nobody ever, ever sees her coming and there are so, so many locations she can take advantage of. She's the dark horse in this janky Lockdown Bounce deck that finally got me from 70-85. I feel like it would only improve with Moon Girl and Dino but I love bounce nonsense so very, very much

godogg
Dec 29, 2008

Hobo Clown posted:

Made it to the 70s after starting at 40 and I don't think I've won a game since. Just game after game where the locations completely favor whatever deck my opponent is playing

How do you drive this thing? I just pulled Quake from a cache and I think I have all of these cards. I haven't messed around with Bast or Beast and I'm not fully sure of the strategy with them

Hood: Between Bast, Beast, and Falcon, you've got plenty of ways to mitigate his negative power and get additional, explosive value out of him. Sometimes a single Demon is all it takes to clinch the game, even after your scumbag opponent hit you with T5 Wave.
Bast: Demon is the only bad target, so play her as fast as you want. If you hit Hood or Angela or even Electra, you're really happy
Electra: For Nebula or any other weenie that bugs you. Go ahead and play her T1 into nothing if you have Collector in-hand. You'll probably draw some bounce
Angela: Can easily get to 8 or 10+ power if you play 1-Costs on her then Falcon them away. Nothing wrong with Beasting her on T5 to redistribute her numbers. If you have Angela and Collector in-hand T2, play Angela, and then if you haven't drawn Storm yet, play Collector in the same lane. Angela in the L or R lane followed by Storm and Jugg is a regular and preferred play pattern
Beast: Storm is the only card in this deck I've never Beasted. You want to keep in mind which lane you're gonna want to Beast and stack stuff there. He also takes care of the occasional Goblin.
Falcon: No great secrets here, play for value
Goose: Better played later as a surprise but you don't always have that luxury. A good follow-up to Angela. If you do play him T2, don't Storm the same lane.
Collector: I would love another support card for him, Agent 13 or Moongirl probably, but what to cut? Like Angela, play him in a lane you're about to Storm or Goose. He won't get as big as Angela but he can keep growing in a locked-out lane
Quake: Always keep your eyes open for Locations that are in any way a chore to put cards into. Ignore them completely and split your attention between the other two lanes, then on T5, Quake to shuffle those chore Locations to where you already have power. You can force these situations with Storm, and it's often preferable to add power to non-Flooding lanes to then Quake later.
Storm: Avoid playing her into an empty lane, you wanna have a couple extra points to overcome a late-game Doombot. You generally don't want to play her Center as that blocks a future Quake. In a perfect world you play her T3 every single game...
Jugg: ...and then follow up with this guy. People are still surprised by this ape, or maybe they're all just hoping he's not coming.
Spidey: Ideally you've already played Goose and Storm into two (2) lanes already and then Spidey T5.

That video is good about talking Quake but it's also a pretty different approach to location control. Between Goose, Storm, and Spidey you've got a bit of anti-Galactus tech. Quake and Storm let you play into locations like Death's Domain and Luke's Bar.
The deck is pretty good at getting 4 cube wins and concedes. Jugging multiple cards off your Storm lane is like sweet, sweet music.

godogg fucked around with this message at 22:49 on May 13, 2023

godogg
Dec 29, 2008
<salt>When they say it's a healthy meta, they mean a healthy meta for longtime Season Pass holders and whales. It's a healthy meta for being stomped repeatedly for weeks by decks built on the backs of cards I'm a long way from having. Galactus, Zabu, Darkhawk, MODOK, Stature, Hit Monkey, Jeff, even Nebula. Fundamental deck archetypes simply can't compete if they're lacking their Season Pass payoffs or S4 enablers. This has easily been the most frustrating season for me since beta. I am super-excited for the day that Darkhawk drops to Series 3 because that's when SD will finally nerf him to 5/3 like he always should have been and he'll stop being a functional 3/10 and also everywhere.
Will they *never* learn that mana-cheat is *always* game breaking?
I've been saving my tokens for a day 1 High Evolutionary so here's hoping he's at least fun.</salt>

Okay, okay, I'm better now

godogg
Dec 29, 2008

Quetzadilla posted:

If you've been playing since beta i assume you're P3 complete with a fair bit of options out of P4 and 5. Like, this MIGHT be kinda true at lower CLs where you have fewer tools to work with if you're strictly f2p, but for you? Idk.

E: maybe the matchmaking is garbo at that level and you're truly running into completely unwinnable matchups but there's counters to everything and while you can't fit them all in a single deck and win with it, that's what retreats are for.

It sure feels like f2p is a slog no matter the CL, and not by accident. I'm closing in on 6000, the only P5's I've ever had are the Thanos and Kang I bought with Tokens, and my current P4 collection consists of Sentry, Shanna, Knull, and Surfer.

I've been P3 complete since February, I think. I've hit Infinite a few times, but never two months in a row.

Then again, the first P4 I ever opened was M'Baku, so who's to say whether there's such a thing as luck?

I want to feel good about giving SD my money because I like this game a lot, but I can't bring myself to pay $10 for a season pass that is literally a single card and the opportunity to grind for additional in-game currency and cosmetics.

godogg
Dec 29, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

Darkhawk - alas, alack, the card is great, benefitted by locations (anything that puts ish into their deck, ongoings doubled, etc), korg + rockslide, Zabu. I am not sure this could be replaced, but I think if you really wanted to try this deck, I would switch Korg for Agent 13, Rockslide for Moon Girl, and Darkhawk for Dino? this is just a thought, haven't tried it

Can confirm, this idea has legs. I am so tired of facing the Korg-Zabu-Rockslide opener, but I have no Darkhawk of my own. So I tried this:

Dino is the Darkhawk, Agent 13 and Moongirl are the Korg and Rockslide.
Crossbones is the Black Bolt, Titania is the Stature, Mystique is the Iron Lad.
8 straight wins gang. Hooray for a healthy meta

godogg
Dec 29, 2008

godogg posted:

Can confirm, this idea has legs. I am so tired of facing the Korg-Zabu-Rockslide opener, but I have no Darkhawk of my own. So I tried this:

Dino is the Darkhawk, Agent 13 and Moongirl are the Korg and Rockslide.
Crossbones is the Black Bolt, Titania is the Stature, Mystique is the Iron Lad.
8 straight wins gang. Hooray for a healthy meta

I take it all back. 7 losses in a row. Meta is trash. Galactus nerf when?

godogg
Dec 29, 2008
Off and on today climbed 85-90 with this bounce list.

When I got Bast last month I added her to bounce lists and tried her with some Iron Man/Mystique nonsense but the other day I saw a list a dude posted on Discord that put it all together plus Professor X with Psylocke to ramp him out and Magik to gain another turn's worth of Kitty/Angela/Bishop/Collector activations. I took out Psylocke because, even when I did hit her on T3 for a T4 Prof X, I was too good at playing him into whatever lane my opponent was also playing into with more power. Plus, an extra turn before putting him down means I have an extra turn of prep time and my opponent has only one turn to react. Magik came out because she's just never clicked for me. In went Falcon, because it's not really bounce without him, and Electra, because everybody's playing beefy one-drops these days.

I read somewhere that playing Angela/Collector on T2 or Bishop on T3 if you could be activating Kitty is a trap, and after giving Kitty priority I sure did start winning more.

A T1 Snap when you have Bast and Iron Man in your hand rarely ever blows up in your face. Number gets real big when you play your buffed Iron Man + Demon or Kitty into a lane with Angela or Bishop. Beasting your Angela + a one-drop or two (ideally Kitty) is a solid T4 move and a baller T5 move because Sandman doesn't exist. Sniping their Galactus with your Prof X still feels great.

It sure feels like I'm barely facing any Darkhawks this weekend. Maybe they all curled up and died because I hated them so much.

godogg
Dec 29, 2008

Jedit posted:

This one's for all the people who hate Galactus decks. (Lad is copying Sera, this was turn 4.)

Goddamn. I hate paying cube taxes to Galactus decks but if they went away I wouldn't get to experience the greatest feeling in Snap: taking a Galactus player's cubes.

godogg
Dec 29, 2008

what the poo poo is this?

godogg
Dec 29, 2008

Push El Burrito posted:

Howard saw the next card to flip and said "WAUGH".

godogg
Dec 29, 2008
It's a good thing actually that SD can't figure out how to add new content to their service. I needed the extra time to eke my way from 97 to Infinite without the distraction of an exciting buildaround. But more importantly, I also managed to split my first ink.

Never upgrading him again. In my Collection it looks like he's a card I don't own.

godogg
Dec 29, 2008
Can anyone help me understand why Absorbing Man didn't copy Hazmat's On Reveal? The only other thing I did on T6 was move Hood out of Plunder Castle

e: oh right, I had already copied Polaris with him and then Beasted him back and replayed him. The error msg he shouted out must have No Space to Move!

Both Hazmat and Absorbing Man were on T6
vvvvv

godogg fucked around with this message at 03:40 on May 24, 2023

godogg
Dec 29, 2008

Youremother posted:

some kind of shenanigans

I recently learned that playing Hulkbuster on somebody makes them count as "the last card you played" for purposes of Mystique, Absorbing Man, and Taskmaster and I've been trying to brew something that takes advantage of those interactions. It also occured to me that Venom is functionally kinda similar to Hulkbuster

godogg
Dec 29, 2008
O this was so delicious

There had been a pair of 20+ Power Venoms in Sinister London and Milano. I had the energy for T6 Skrull + Shang thanks to the pair of Electros I Destroyered.

Let me just say though, the one time I want to face Galactus decks they are nowhere to be found. I just want to let a Galactus activate and then take their cubes. Sniping them with Prof X has become so regular it's lost a touch of its shimmer.

godogg
Dec 29, 2008
I love Cyke's lil eye beams spiking out every turn. His play animation has always been so awesome, so I'm thrilled to be actually playing him finally.
Also Thing chucks rocks and fire hydrants at dudes. HE is the best way to spend tokens this game has ever had.

godogg
Dec 29, 2008

Opopanax posted:

He’ll cool down soon for sure, but he’ll certainly be around consistently. I think his longevity will depend on if they add more unpowered cards, because otherwise we’re going to get a couple decks he works in equalized and none of the new cards are going to fit in or change anything

Pretty sure the devs have said there are no plans to add additional No Ability cards to the game. And, I mean, it makes sense, how and why would they? Would they do another 2-cost but with more or less power? A 7-cost?

High Evolutionary is the best purchase you can make in Snap. It gives you eight (8) new cards! Thanos only gives you seven (7) and Galactus gives you the right to eat poo poo

godogg
Dec 29, 2008

Opopanax posted:

Never mind, game is good again

Heartbreaking: my realization that Wasp and Abomination are the only No Ability cards with Dan Hipp variants. How will I build a Hipp Evolutionary deck now?!

godogg
Dec 29, 2008
Inevitable

godogg
Dec 29, 2008
Wow keeping Hit Monkey and Jeff in 5 and Hawk and Zabu in 4 is super scummy.

godogg
Dec 29, 2008
Anybody else sitting thru this DCDualForce beta poo poo show?

godogg
Dec 29, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

I tried to get into it, what’s been going on?

Servers completely overwhelmed. Verification emails not being sent out after account creation. Even players who have gotten in and are playing the tutorial are reporting massive slowdown

godogg
Dec 29, 2008

Ninurta posted:

Thanks, I'll add it to my list.

Edit: No Master Mold, I'll see what I can come up with as a substitute.

As a fellow Master Moldless Sentry-enjoyer, I put Debrii and Polaris in my Viper decks. Sometimes Carnage too as an additional method of clearing Hood/Void

godogg
Dec 29, 2008

Hit Infinite climbing from 73 with variations of this, but this is the version that got me the card back along with a surprising number of 8-cube wins in the high 90's. The core is as simple as Turn 1 Kitty, Turn 5 Shuri, Turn 6 Taskmaster, which gets Kitty and Taskmaster to 20 power. Invisible Woman is to hide Taskmaster behind. Angela and Bast are to make your dumb opponent think it's a more of a standard Bounce deck. Hood does that too but Demon is also a good backup target for Shuri and Taskmaster, as is Venom. And it's just fun to play

godogg
Dec 29, 2008
I am all about the T1 Proving Grounds Snap + Fist Bump, Concede on Loss BUT if they don't reciprocate and then only Snap back on T6 or, worse, if they start spamming emojis after their win, I will happily waste their time and hold them hostage for those last two (2) cubes.

godogg
Dec 29, 2008
Everyone seems to be zeroing in on the same two preferred fixes: dupe protection and more gold and tokens. A real outside-the-box solution would be a sudden massive influx of new cards, like when Series 4 and 5 were first added at the end of 2022. Players can't complete their collections if you're adding content faster than they can snap it up. Of course that would never happen

godogg
Dec 29, 2008

Last King posted:

gd that is a good line, i'm def. taking that one and using it wherever possible.

I dunno how easily you're gonna slide "the Stegron bundle is absolute poo poo" into casual conversation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

godogg
Dec 29, 2008
So I got tired of these Spotlight Caches burning a hole in my pocket so I opened one. Kang Spotlight variant. Looks cool but ugh not a new card. So I open another. Iron Lad! He's cool! And he's gonna be S5 forever and ever, so I should be excited. I should be but I'm not. Even after playing a few games with him I'm not. Instead I'm Relieved that I dodged the bullet of wasting a second Spotlight on a variant. And that's what SD just doesn't get. It doesn't matter if the data says this new acquisition system is better; it Feels Bad. They've built a system where even getting a new card feels bad.